[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think about sellier & bellot hp 9mm for cz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: SB9 MM .jpg (88 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
SB9 MM .jpg
88 KB, 600x500
What does /k/ think about sellier & bellot hp 9mm for cz 07 for self defense carry. I was about to buy them but heard that they leave unusually dirty residue in the gun. They are cheaoer than winchester though and the gun store praises them (Czech bullets for a Czech gun etc.). Anyone here use them?
>>
File: 1432688354130.png (87 KB, 390x352) Image search: [Google]
1432688354130.png
87 KB, 390x352
>(Czech bullets for a Czech gun etc.).

What a surprise, czfags are poorfags and retarded
>>
Only ammo I use. Cheap, reliable. Why not? Clean your gun after range and you'll be fine.
>>
>>29203762
>>29203761
But is it true that it's inferior? It's not a matter of money it's just what my gun shop has. They run out of hp when I bought the gun so I'm carring fmj. Called them today they say that hp arrived and it's cb. Intended to come over shot the fmj and pick up the sb but after reading a bit on line this came up.
>>
Inferior compared to what an in which aspects?
>>
>>29203857
Well I mean I just need like one 50 box. So price is irrelevant for such quantities. All I want is to carry the righ ammo to stop the attaker, not penetrate and hit other people and to not fuck up my gun when I occasionally train with it.
>>
S&B HP 9,00mm will stop an attacker, it will not go thru and kill outsiders and it will not fuck up your gun. Just buy them and be done with it. There's nothing that the more expensive ones will do for you that the S&B wont.
>>
Personally, op, I don't like s&b. I find it loaded kinda on the weaker side and I actually pay more for it usually. Anyway, as for using HP, do some research. Typically, cheaper hp's don't reliable expand and act more like a fmj with a hole in it. It'll do the job, but it might be the same as most other bullets.
>>
>>29203984
Well research ends up with watching some red neck guy on youtube praising whatever you are looking to buy because that's how internet marketing works.
>>
You can buy Speer gold dot in both HP and FMJ. Outstanding ammo and affordable
>>
critical defense. also, don't you have a dicks or Wal-Mart near you?
>>
>>29204038
I'm not an American.
>>
>>29203825
>buying hollowpoint for your pistol
http://www.zakonyprolidi.cz/cs/2002-119
>2. pro krátké kulové zbraně se střelou šokovou nebo střelou určenou ke zvýšení ranivého účinku,

My Czech skills are nonexistent so I hope you know what you're doing and weren't about to send your ass to prison/nogunzoba.

Also, most easily available hollowpoint tends to suck ass, being 20+ year old designs that clog and fail to expand extremely easily. If I were you and HAD to buy S&B ammunition I'd just get heavy 9mm flat point. 9g to 9.7g (147-150gr) subsonic.

Flat point maintains straight line penetration through bone and minimizes ricochet, while cutting tissue more effectively than standard ball. It also is less likely to land you in prison if my memory serves correctly and JHP is illegal to use in a pistol.
>>
>>29203751
>Federal 9BPLE +P+
>Federal HST +P
>Hornady Critical Duty +P
>Speer Gold Dot
>Federal HST
>Hornady Critical Defense

If you aren't carrying one of these rounds for your 9x19 you deserve to carry ball.
>>
>>29204252
>Lives in the Czech Republic
>even if those manage to evade ITAR they're probably not in his gun stores
>>
By some and shoot a pig or something with it in the chest

You'll know if it'll work or not
>>
>>29203984

>I find it loaded kinda on the weaker side

Really? As far as I know it is quite the opposite. Usually, S&B ammo has more energy joule-wise than other companies.
>>
>>29203751
>buying the cheapest ammo you can find for self defense

>>29203825
Do you not realize that you can order ammo online? You don't have to suck your apparently shitty LGS' dick which can't keep a single box of hp on the shelf to buy cheap nonsense
>>
>>29204077
What?
That is Czech firearms code. The citation is part of the category "A" of firearms under the collectors gun license.
Rough translation: (out of citation: Ammunition:) "2. for short firearms (pistols) with shock shot or wound-aggravating shot."

It is basically ban on hollowpoints in pistols (not long guns).

On topic - S&B is fine by my standards. Never had i dud.
>>
>>29203751
>brass jacket

I think that shit is actually harder than bimetal steel jackets.
>>
>>29204805

It also has quite impressive muzzle blast, even in 9mm and .45.
>>
The few boxes of lead round nose that I've shot from s&b were smokey, dirty and felt like they had inconsistent powder levels, each shot felt like it recoiled differently.

I won't be buying it again, there's better cheap options where I live.
>>
>>29204293
>>29205430
>shot a pig
>order ammo on line
There is only one country in the world where you can legaly do things like that and as I said, I'm not an american.
>>
Anyway I bought them and next time I can (apparently you are only allowed to shot them in an open range) I will shot them and decide to buy more or switch.
>>
File: baaam.jpg (377 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
baaam.jpg
377 KB, 900x1200
it's pretty dirty stuff, and while it works great, there's better self defense ammo out there.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.