[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weapons are scary. Im a yeoman in navy but weapons scare me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1457327807718.jpg (86 KB, 625x533) Image search: [Google]
1457327807718.jpg
86 KB, 625x533
Weapons are scary.

Im a yeoman in navy but weapons scare me.

How do I not get anxiety around weapons?
>>
>>29203281
Exposure buddy.
>>
>Rent Full retard AR or AK
>Magdump that bitch
>Repeat as necessary
>>
How to not fear weapons: remember the enemy always has one also. And they may not be as friendly as you. Your weapons are your protection. When it comes down to it, everything is a weapon except you just need the right mindset to realize that. Like pic related.
>>
>>29203282
>>29203299
>>29203295
I am surprised you gave me an answer...I thought it was just going to be man up which is essentially is but that's great advice.

I thought I was the only one.
>>
Think of it like a tool, like a wrench, or a screwdriver. Because ultimately that's what it is.
>>
>>29203307
Night /k/ is pretty civil.

I got my girlfriend used to firearms simply by exposure. Get a good friend or a relative to show you the ropes and go from there.
>>
>>29203319
For sure.
Im left handed and kind of autistic but always wanted to get into weaponry.

This thread was surprisingly useful.
>>
>>29203359
I'd personally start out with one of those nice CZ454s or CZ454s or whatever their single shot .22 rifle is. Bolt action, tack driver, and just beautiful to look at.

It'd be a good beginner gun. I personally started on the Mosin.
>>
Not to be too mean, but literally you're going to have to stop being a bitch.

It's like fear of water. You have preconceived notions either from bad personal experience or what's been spoonfed to you. It's not going to jump out and hurt you.

You don't trust yourself around guns because you know deep down you not have the strength to 'not' hurt yourself or others.
>>
>>29203379
That'd be sweet. Id love some kind of gun around. I should read the sticky before anything plus I could use a new hobby with that navy money besides fitizen stuff.
>>
>>29203391
>tfw op and in navy and can't swim yet only one week before basic and had a traumatic expierence with handling a gun that made everyone laugh at me.
>>
>>29203403
>tfw op and in navy and can't swim yet
Hope you're not black. My AROC in boot failed the swim over ten times. Literally everyone in the "remedial" swim class at boot was black.
>>
>>29203459
No im white...im a retard...i should just spend the next six days learning and man up...im such a bitch.
>>
>>29203466
Real confidence there, kiddo. Yeah, the Navy's gonna LOVE you.
>>
>>29203496
Hey I fake it irl.
On here I pity myself.

Ill just go swimming tommorow and learn it in one day hopefully.
>>
File: 1457471414927.jpg (19 KB, 239x207) Image search: [Google]
1457471414927.jpg
19 KB, 239x207
>>29203505
Well, if you're such a pussy I'd recommend not going into the Navy. Even with the "kinder gentler navy" policy in place, you might not make it past boot. You can't swim, you're afraid of guns, you'd rather wait til the last minute than prepare yourself for the experiences, and you're practically begging for attention on a website for Mongolian game shows. Just because MEPS clears you doesn't mean you have what it takes. Boot's going to be a hard time for you.

t. an A-schooler three months out of boot.
>>
File: 1457382222328.jpg (36 KB, 381x572) Image search: [Google]
1457382222328.jpg
36 KB, 381x572
>>29203548
Ehh whatever.
I may be a retarded pussy but im not going to give up even if I get yelled at or bullied for being dumb.

Ill get through it.
>>
weapons, especially firearms, are the culmination of our ancestor's will, or humanity's will, to just be fucking better and more efficient.

I mean, really think about the gun in your hand.
It went from rocks and sticks, to sharpened stones, to spears/swords/bow&arrows/, to putting a concoction that will explode into a hard enough tube with a projectile, to what you hold today.
A marvel of the collective sweat, blood, and tears of humanity to bring you a modern firearm. A weapon that changed the entire way humans have fought for a large part of history.

They are a part of us, and even if some pacifist fuck says otherwise, weapons directly contributed, one way or another, to that pacifist being born, how he or she lived, and ultimately how their children will live.
Weapons are part of us, our will, our goals, our power, but materialized.
>>
>>29203281
I used to be scared of guns until I learned how to field strip them. I've pretty much learned how to field strip every gun I've ever got to fingerfuck. Something about knowing how they worked just made the whole "danger" aura just go away. I suppose it's easy to fear something when you don't understand it.
>>
>>29203281
>Don't be a retard.
>sincerely, Sigmund Freud
>>
File: Screenshot_20151222-144212~01.png (372 KB, 912x910) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151222-144212~01.png
372 KB, 912x910
>>29203319
I'm a different anon. This is how my wife (then gf) thought about guns that I specifically left for her to use, if need be, when I had to work late.

One or two trips to the range, cleanings, and a few late nights later, and she's asking for a Hi-Power because "even if the slide locks back, it's still solid enough to bash some fucker's skull in."

>she didn't take pic of the other side
>safety is on with pic related
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.