[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Hi-Points remain so fucking hideous? Do they HAVE to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: XXXblow.gif (1 MB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
XXXblow.gif
1 MB, 160x120
Why do Hi-Points remain so fucking hideous?

Do they HAVE to make them ugly? Is it a law that a gun under $200 has to look like a bag of smashed assholes?
>>
>>29199082
>Is it a law that a gun under $200 has to look like a bag of smashed assholes?
Why would that be a law? Are you retarded?
>>
They have to be heavy, they're grips are comfy as fuck, they don't have fancy shaped slides to save money and prevent snagging

Everything on a Hi Point has a reason
>>
>>29199088
>don't mind me, i have Aspergers
>>
>>29199088
I was being facetious.

There's obviously some reason they still look like they were whittled down from a brick and I don't think it's crowd approval.
>>
>>29199109
see>>29199093
>cheap
>cheap
>cheap
>prevent snagging
>>
>>29199114
This.

And they just don't give a fuck that it looks like a hydrocephalic Walther. Does the damn thing work?
>>
>>29199334
Hell yes a Hi-Point works.

I have a C9 I got for $100 and it has yet to not sling lead though they don't seem to like aluminum cased ammo
>>
>>29199334
if they didn't have those stupid base pads on the 45s, those would look breddy good honestly
>>
File: 1455486240958543.gif (778 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1455486240958543.gif
778 KB, 500x300
>>29199088
>>
>>29199364
I think the base pads help balance the design, but the .45s already look better than the 9mms.

>>29199351
Mine has trouble feeding off a full mag when I rack the slide, but I think that's an issue with the mag.
>>
>>29199082
>Assuming this isn't a troll thread:

If they weren't straight blowback with zinc-alloy slides they would be much more expensive. Plus the designs already exist, for every year that an existing design continues without change it's that much more cost effective for the company from not having to invest in R&D/new machinery. If they wanted to slim it down and make it prettier it'd cost more, and eventually their cost would go up enough that nobody would buy them because they'd be close enough/as expensive as the competition (think cheap rugers/S&Ws/bersas/taurus, etc)

That's the ace up their sleeve, the cost gap between them and their competitors is just big enough that people without much money to spend won't cross it.

That and they work just fine as is. My first gun was a Hi-point .45 that my brother gave me for free, it was fine for thousands of rounds without cleaning. Haven't shot it in years since I've acquired much nicer guns since, but a turd though it may be, it's a mighty fine turd
>>
>>29199452
>Haven't shot it in years

Can I have it?
>>
>>29199452

Forgot to add their warranty is pretty much unbeatable. Lifetime, transferable, no questions asked. I broke a part once during dissasembly, and I'm the third owner. Sent them an email with what part I broke, they shipped the part free with no questions concerning who I was or where I bought it, simply an address to ship the part to. I've heard (may be a rumor) if your gun is fucked up enough to warrant sending to them, if they receive it and find it to be fucked up enough, they'll just ship you a whole new gun. I know of at least one instance this has happened, but it was a few years ago, things may have changed, and that situation may have been an isolated case, but still, who else does that?)
>>
>>29199082
But why you mad about guns that nobody but dindus want?
>>
>>29199478

No, anon, if there's one thing I've learned from /k/ over the years it's to never get rid of a gun unless it's to get another gun. Plus it's the only fireable gun I own that was never purchased from a store, just a private transfer without so much as a bill of sale. It's also my first, so for those two reasons alone I can't part with it
>>
>>29199524
>never get rid of a gun unless it's to get another gun.

That kind of mentality is why my dad has multiple skeet guns that have never been fired taking up space in his safe for the past 30 years.
>>
>>29199524
>never get rid of a gun unless it's to get another gun
Idk, i have no desire to own more than 1 AR
>>
>>29199495
Hi-Point still does this, say you had a Hi-Point carbine in your truck and it had a wiring short and burned down in front of your trailer house and melted the gun into a mass of damaged components. You could load that zinc/plastic pizza into a box and send it off to Hi-Point and odds are you'll get a new carbine back and possibly a t-shirt or extra magazines.

Near as I know the only way they won't warranty a product is if you send in a 9mm Carbine in the CX4 lookalike stock. It apparently damages the receiver of the rifle and Hi-Point will refused to fix those things. But only if you're dumb enough to send it to them in the ATI stock.
>>
File: 45acp3.jpg (19 KB, 940x275) Image search: [Google]
45acp3.jpg
19 KB, 940x275
>>29199082
Fuck it. You've convinced me.
I'm buying a hi point in .45 ACP tomorrow.
>>
Not reading thread

They're made of pot metal OP and they have to be thick in order to be strong enough.

Cheap metal = weak metal = thick and heavy
>>
>>29201576
>I'm a retard who doesn't understand how the HI point works
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.