[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First ar arrives in a little over a week. Anything I need to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: sport.jpg (12 KB, 310x128) Image search: [Google]
sport.jpg
12 KB, 310x128
First ar arrives in a little over a week. Anything I need to know?

I'm getting ready for the AR ban shillary clinton or bernie-san will force through, thinking of getting a magpul m-lok moe handguard, vertical foregrip, flashlight, and like 3 more pmags.

suggestions/ mod reccomendations/ ammo recs, never shot 556 before.
>>
>>29198930
Oh and I kind of want a gatcrank, whats the consensus on how effective they are, or if they're just for funtime moneywasting
>>
File: 1456986542715.jpg (193 KB, 600x739) Image search: [Google]
1456986542715.jpg
193 KB, 600x739
>mfw no replies
>>
>>29198930
Use grease

Get a good amount of mags

Get a bore snake

Baby wipes

qtips

brass>steel

>suggestions/ mod reccomendations
a sling and a light, get good with irons then decide if you want a dot or magnified optic.
>>
>>29199010
it comes with magpul mbus rear, those good or should I replace? sling for sure.
>>
>>29199146
I like Mbus, have not beaten the shit out of them to see how they last.
>>
>>29198930
>already panic buying
>buying a pre-built ar
You're the cancer killing this hobby
>>
>>29199196
>build or bust
Fuck off already you fucking AR hipsters.
>>
>>29199204
>knowingly buying an inferior product for the same price for no other reason than to save an hour of work and "m-muh roll mark"
>>
File: 1399941317202.jpg (866 KB, 4824x3128) Image search: [Google]
1399941317202.jpg
866 KB, 4824x3128
>>29198930
Get like 10 PMAGs, shit's cheap and you can always flip 'em if you want to.

Also don't waste your money or time on the gat crank.
>>
>>29199229
>got exactly what I wanted from a reputable company
>got a great deal
>not a homo spamming every thread with a picture of an AR with my faggot opinion of what an AR has to be
>>
File: IMG_1577.jpg (705 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1577.jpg
705 KB, 2048x1536
Right now, I would get a magpul K2+ grip, mbus or KAC 'stolen property' USMC rear sights (off ebay). Get 3 more pmags and spend more than you feel comfortable on ammo (Wolf steel case, not Tula). Get a MS4 sling as well

Eventually:
>you might want to get the 50k hour Primary Arms red dot, but don't bother with the cheaper ones.
>or just save for an acog TA-31/33/11
>get a m-lok or keymod free float handguard. just pick one or the other, it doesn't make anydifference other than m-lok is magpul if that matters to you
>save up for a surefire M300V with pressure switch if you're going to put a light on it.
>end up with atleast 10 mags. 20rd mags are nice as well (just to consider).
>save up for a geissele (SSA-E or S3G) if you want, but a JP Enterprise spring reduction will help with the already great trigger that AR's have, and only cost $10
>CTR stock but the carbine or MOE stock is fine for now.

Steel case ammo is perfectly fine, I've put over 2k through mine and I have another 2k coming in tomorrow. Do not bother with buying cheap shit. Save up, and buy what you want; it'll cost less in the end. Pic is mine, except I've since stripped the paint.
>>
>>29199274
>spent 1.5x the amount it would've if you had done it yourself
>"Great deal" because it has a picture of a horse or a couple hidden dicks on it
>gets angry every time some guys on the internet tells you that you wasted hundreds of dollars instead of learning your lesson and buying smarter next time
>>
>>29198930
pmags are shit
>>
so tired of reactionary tards buying shit ARs just for the sake of it

even arfcom has been invaded by poorfags
>>
>>29199196
Yeah this

>>29199204
kill yourself idiot poorfag
>>
>>29199339
you're forgetting, he's a fucking poorfag, the only thing he can afford is bushnell optics and CTR stocks
>>
>>29199341
>spent 1.5x the amount it would've if you had done it yourself

You can build a 6920 for $373?

>"Great deal" because it has a picture of a horse or a couple hidden dicks on it

Hipsterism at it's best

>gets angry every time some guys on the internet tells you that you wasted hundreds of dollars instead of learning your lesson and buying smarter next time
I'm just sick off asshurt hipsters crying about other peoples purchases, I don;t care about your faggot gucci AR builds

Fuck off back to /arg/ where you belong.
>>
>>29199341
400 complete upper build kit + 100$+ lower + 50$ sights + labor= 550 + labor

vs 540$ m&psport 2= 540

not to mention the higher quality of parts and quality control, and fucking LIFETIME WARRANTY

>>29199196
I know and I don't care.
>>
>>29199339
Thank you for your well thought out response. I'll be researching those things.

This is the kind of thing I was talking about when i was asking for advice, not a build or bust thread.

>>29199388
I'm a frugalfag, not a poorfag.
>>
>>29199429
>>29199435
You faggots can't seriously be arguing that it's cheaper to buy a decent AR? It's only cheaper to buy a complete AR if you get shit tier garbage. Even a basic bitch well functioning AR is cheaper to build and you don't have to replace any of the parts for what you actually want.
>>
>>29199539
>It's only cheaper to buy a complete AR if you get shit tier garbage

Got my 6920 for $560

Sold the magpul shit on it and got what I wanted on it.

There is nothing wrong with buying an AR15, some people have no interest in assembling an AR and will be perfectly happy buying one.

Some of us like them stock and don't need a lot of customization.

Quit crying like a little bitch because people decided to do what they wanted with their money.

>no you are supposed to build an AR to my specifications with a parts list approved by me!

blow me homo
>>
File: 1449247455075.jpg (9 KB, 230x252) Image search: [Google]
1449247455075.jpg
9 KB, 230x252
>>29198930
bump
>>
>>29198930
Put your front sight on correctly; it's backwards
>>
>>29200113
>collatoral

slavs are fucking awful at everything
>>
>>29199146
Shit plastic sights that break easily.

Get ammo. Get good sights. Get good 2 point sling. Get ammo. Get at least 7 more mags while they are cheap. Get more ammo. Get good optic.
>>
>>29198930
Sure, let me tell you my story about the first day with my AR.

>AR arrives
>immediately start passionately finger fucking it
>dry firing like a boss
>clearing my house like a douche
>something tells me to chamber live rounds to "test" if the rifle works or something
>cycle a few rounds, everything looks good
>decide to slowly and quietly ride the bolt home, like i'm a navy seal in the jungles of Nam' sneaking up on some gook motherfuckers
>it gets hung up
>oh shit, time to use that forward assist like a boss
>oh shit. it's stuck like glue.
>fuck this charging handle isn't doing shit
>fuck I have a live round stuck in my rifle and it's like 2 a.m.
>google "stuck round"
>find out what mortaring is
>mortar that bitch out. unclench my anus.

And that's when I learned to stop being an autistic fag who rides the bolt home slowly, causes a malfunction, and makes it worse with the assist.
>>
>>29201308

>chamber live rounds to fufill some retarded autistic COD wannabe fantasy and irresponsibly handle a weapon you didn't know how to use

This is why i'm for gun licensing.
>>
>>29199350
fuck off
>>
>>29201331
Hey I learned my lesson nigger. We're all idiots at some point. This was years ago, and it was in the middle of bum fuck nowhere. Only person who would've been hurt would've been myself, and that's natural selection you salty cunt.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.