[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CCW holsters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_0875.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0875.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
I'm looking to get into concealed carry. I recently bought a Walther PPS, but now I need a holster for it. In particular I need a holster that I can use at work where I wear a tucked in polo shirt. I know tuckable holsters are a thing, but beyond that I'm at a loss. Anyone else here carry the PPS or at least know some good holster manufacturers?

Also holster general.
>>
On a side note, how do you guys carry spare mags?
>>
I recently got the Galco King-Tuk, which I really like. I've only had it since this weekend, but there are times I forget I'm even wearing it. Never worn it with a shirt tucked it in, but it should work fine.

I've also heard good things about Alien Gear, but I don't have any experience with them so I don't know.
>>
>>29198895
Comp-tac makes my favorite holsters

>>29199029
Usually in my pocket. I do have some iwb magazine pouches but I usually just toss an extra magazine in my pocket.
>>
>>29199156
Extra magazines in the pocket makes sense and what I was initially thinking of doing. An IWB mag pouch might be something more worth while if I actually had more than one extra mag.
>>
>>29199029

I dont because doing so defies the purpose of conceal carrying since it increases the bulk and weight of what I have to carry.

It also gives me effectively zero marginal usefulness since a mag in a hip pocket is not going to be used for speedy tactical or slide lock reloads.

If I can reload in cover, I am wrong and should be using that time to beat feet out of the area.

The only people who carry an extra mag have jack bauer fantasies of taking down a building of narco terrorist gangbangers with their ccw.

Or retards as I like to call them.
>>
>>29199493
>;^)

It's all well and good you choose not to carry a spare magazine, but that fact the decision is somehow based on your own "intelligence" and "moral high ground" and perceived shortcomings of others shows how much of an idiot you are.
>>
>>29199089
Been browsing holsters, unfortunately the King Tuk doesn't have an option for the PPS.
>>
>>29199493
What about active shooter scenarios?

Just wondering.
>>
www.krounds.com
>>
>>29199156
>Comp-tac
Seconded.
>>
>>29200128
Any particular models?
>>
File: aleins.png (32 KB, 940x226) Image search: [Google]
aleins.png
32 KB, 940x226
How are Alien Gear holsters?
>>
I have a Galco Kingtuck and it hides a Glock 26 under a tight shirt tucked in. Works great.
>>
>>29200280
I'd be interested to hear from any /k/ommandos that have first hand experience with them. The price point is certainly nice, but so far from what I've seen people either love them or hate them. I think a moderate review would be more helpful.
>>
>>29198895
I have an Ayyy Lmao Gear holster that conceals well, just a bitch to draw with a tucked shirt desu senpai
>>
>>29200007

Not my problem

I have zero interest in trying to be a hero and use my PISTOL against someone who is not bound by concealable restrictions.

If I stumble upon his back I'll take the shot. If he gets between me and the nearest exit I'll magdump him.

But my ccw is NOT for searching him out and trying to go toe to toe with someone with a rifle.
>>
>>29201213
Of course not, we're not retards here, but it's not hard to imagine a scenario where you're the best hope you and your buddies/family/co-workers have to escape. It's not a searching him out situation, it's a best hope in a dire situation.
And a spare mag doesn't even require an "active shooter" scenario.
What if you're mugged by 2-3 people instead of 1, what if you end up in the middle of a shop robbery that involves a robber with his buddies in the car who come in to help (I know robber buddies usually abandon their homie at the slightest sign of a struggle, but it's far from a certainty).
It's a smart idea to have a few more shots when feasible. Funny enough despite your mindset, it seems YOU'RE the one who needs to stop basing his CC decisions on what you see Jack Bauer do.

>>29199029
I have a leather IWB pouch that holds my 10-rounder LCP mag when I'm not tucked. I don't have a magazine solution when I'm tucked, as my office clothes barely accomm[spoiler][/spoiler]odate the LCP, let alone anything extra.
>>
>>29201422
welp seems i hotkeyed some spoiler tags in there
>>
File: perfect draw.webm (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
perfect draw.webm
2 MB, 1080x1920
deep concealment is the answer
>>
Lurking for interest in case I decide I want to CC my 92FS
>>
File: change pocket.jpg (141 KB, 928x464) Image search: [Google]
change pocket.jpg
141 KB, 928x464
>>29199029
I carry a .380 with a single stack 6 round mag, so I carry a spare in the change pocket of my jeans
works like a charm
>>
Whatever its worth I have no problems with my crossbreed minituck
>>
>>29201477
It bugs me to no end that change pockets on jeans are on my strong side not my left side, for that exact reason.
>>
>>29200280
>>29200308
I've had a gen 1 model for my glock 19 for about a year now. I find it to be a utilitarian, no thrills holster that will work until you decide to buy another higher quality holster. Its retention is passable, comfort (remember, gen 1) could be better, and its ability to conceal is great. For the price point, alienware is a great buy, but you will eventually buy another holster that will be better personalized to your wants and needs.

i hope that helps
>>
>>29200160

the minotaur or M-TAC models are the best imo.

>>29198895

for a hybrid holster go with Comp-tac. not familiar with kydex myself.
>>
Good CCW holster for a k frame S&W revolver with a four inch barrel?
>>
>>29200160
I switch back and forth between the ctac and a hybrid holster from crossbreed for my edc.

I bought the crossbreed long before I found comp-tac and if I had to do it again I'd probably try the mtac for a hybrid.

Everyone's different though, my dad has tried all of my holsters plus several more that he's bought and he's still looking for an IWB that agrees with him. For the moment he's pocket carrying a S&W J frame in an alabama holster.
>>
File: Versacarrier.jpg (499 KB, 2240x1344) Image search: [Google]
Versacarrier.jpg
499 KB, 2240x1344
>>29199029
One of these
>>
>>29201422
>concocts a goldilocks scenario
>the dudes original point was that if he had time to reload, he had time to run
>goldilocks scenario still doesn't hold water. "Duur, just hang on a second during this scuffle while I reload. "

Even a tac reload isn't going to help if you're in so much shit that 9 to 12 rounds doesn't get you out of harm's way.

I usually bring an extra mag with me, but mostly because I live in a semi-rural area and sometimes I like to let people shoot two mags for shits and grins. Brooke my fair share of centerfire cherries that way.

The way I see it, anything bad enough to warrant the use of a second mag is thoroughly not my problem, as all ten rounds in my CC are reserved for cutting a bullet bee line to the nearest exit.

(Please note that this does not apply to my home, where I have several 15 round magazines of .308 ready to go, and I kinda with a nigga would.)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.