[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a manufacturer more overrated than Kimber.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: kimber-logo[2].jpg (108 KB, 756x383) Image search: [Google]
kimber-logo[2].jpg
108 KB, 756x383
Name a manufacturer more overrated than Kimber.
>>
>>29195764
H&K
>>
Gaylock
>>
>>29195764
Colt
>>
I was going to say salient, but then i remember they don't actually make guns, they just add useless shit to them
>>
>>29195764
Glock
>>
>>29195764
Hi-point

For the price I expected a jam-o-matic. but like ork science, it shoots at whatever I will it to.
Fuck you, hi point. I paid for disappointment of lower caliber than this.
>>
>>29195764
LMT
FN
Magpul
BCM
Noveske
>>
>>29195798
Colt is overrated and their current state of affairs proves that but they at least had heritage and history to stand behind their name. Also, less MIM.

>29195780
HK makes a good product but the obnoxious fan base gives it a bad name.

>>29195807
Glocks are good guns but I don't own any. I personally I prefer M&Ps because they fit my hand and point better. However Glock owners (Glockaholics) talk up Glocks like there is no other comparison. Unlike Kimber, Glock is honest about it and somewhat fairly priced.
>>
File: 1445126407743.png (110 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1445126407743.png
110 KB, 800x500
>>29195764
>Name a manufacturer more overrated than Kimber.

When's the last time someone has said anything good about Kimber? Those people who actually own good Kimbers don't go on /k/.

>"muh czechnologee"
>>
>>29195764
Colt. Specifically modern Colt. There are so many fuckers at my local that still think they can do no wrong.
>>
>>29195764
Who here thinks the Ruger 10/22 is overrated?
Mine is brand new and has issues ejecting ammo.
>>
ruger
>>
ITT: people picking random brands to hate
>>
>>29196887
Factory 10/22s have always been rather mediocre. People love them after the upgrade them, and you can improve it for fairly cheaply.
>>
>>29195883
>"muh czechnologee"
This.
Aside from their orgasmic bolt-actions, you can count the noteworthy successes produced by CZUB on one hand
>>
>>29195883
>be x
>x has small following on boards.4chan.org/$board_name
>x picks up momentum
>now a decent amount of people like x
>a few loud faggots come out to say the entire board likes x and they're all wrong
Every time. Every board.
>>
>>29197754

Let me try to edit that for you a little, kid.

>Be x
>x has a cult following on boards.4chan.org/$board_name
>Not because it's good but because it's available, typically cheap and has mystical powers prescribed to it by memes
>Now a decent amount of people have money for nice things
>Board realizes they're shit now that they have actual nice things
>People tell old fag meme spouters that the product is objective shit
>Old fags can't accept place has changed, complain bitterly to the end while getting blown the fuck out when they make false claims like muh NATO testing

Every time. Every board.

For further reading see Mosins, SKS, CZ....
>>
File: cU5VEBv.jpg (196 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
cU5VEBv.jpg
196 KB, 780x770
>>29197895
>kid
>>
>>29197929

Yet everything he said was true.
>>
>>29196887
I do.
I got one with a bent recoil spring rod right from the fuckin' factory.
I haven't bought anything Ruger since.
>>
I can't. Kimber is the most overrated manufacturer ever. They brag all about how they make ultra high quality 1911s, then they introduce a pocket pistol that's literally a P938/238 but 100$ more.
>>
>>29195832
FN is barely rated. They make some brownings and the two memest guns of the fin de siecle. Being fully ambidextrous is far from overrated. What exactly makes them overrated? You know you want some five seven in your life, meme or no.
>>
File: 1455414288662.jpg (938 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1455414288662.jpg
938 KB, 4500x4334
>>29195764

LaRue
BCM
Noveske
>>
>>29195931

Colt is still making quality firearms and to be fair they are not actively cultivating this kind of overblown reputation.

Conversely Mark LaRue is currently the pivot man in the arfcom circlejjerk shilling for his overpriced shit.
>>
>>29195780
>>29195798
>>29195794
>>29195883

All of these countries have history and at least 1 hallmark design. Kimber and the new botique AR makers have none of this.
>>
>>29198111
fuck autocorrect,

*companies
>>
>>29197895
The difference between my account and yours is that mine is completely right and your additions are full of shit.
>Not because it's good but because it's available, typically cheap and has mystical powers prescribed to it by memes
'Lol you're poor kid' really only applies to a few of the interest boards and in some cases what has a hated niche is more expensive than what's common.
>>
>>29198023
>LaRue
They do make good quality, but fuck is it overpriced.
>>
>>29198279

> good quality

QD mounts that dont reliably hold zero when remounted.
>>
>>29195764
Glock
SIG
H&K
>>
File: 1453368479276.gif (2 MB, 270x188) Image search: [Google]
1453368479276.gif
2 MB, 270x188
>>29197895
Of course those guns/manufacturers aren't top tier.
I have Mosin and CZ75 compact, but I know full well that they aren't the best. The mosin is cheap, powerful, and reasonably accurate, but it's outclassed by everything just about if you take the budget factor out of it.
The CZ is a reliable, fairly cheap option, and it fits my hand fucking perfectly.
But still, it's outclassed by a lot of other things.
There's nothing wrong with the guns, it's the fans that are annoying.
Don't write off something just because someone is being annoying about it.
>>
Smith and Wesson
>>
>>29197474
Same for every company, with the exception of Mr. Browning's work most companies don't just slay pussy for centuries, CZ has made some fine weapons and their rifles are amazing.
>>
>>29199074
To be fair
>I hate glock because of the fanboyism, even though I own a Gen1 G17
>The Pre-b CZ75 is one of the best duty pistols ever made.
>>
Dan Wesson

I don't get it. Its just a CZ.
>>
>>29199518
>You STUPID LITTLE MOTHERF...
Oh, ooooh, you're just pretending to be retarded
>>
Dornaus & Dixon
>>
>>29196887
New 10/22s fucking suck. Their triggers are awful, and now they are shipping many models with the jamtastic 25 round magazine.

I regret buying my 10/22 takedown, I had to do some ghettosmithing on the magazine so it would feed marginally better. There were also incredibly sharp edges and burrs that sliced my fingers up inside of the gun. When I bought it, the rear sight was not properly secured (2 piece fiber optic) and after a few shots it fell off, I lost the rear fiber piece, but found the part that connects to the gun.
I have had to buy a BX trigger pack to make it pleasant to shoot, but I still get an average of 1 failure per mag with the 25rds, and 1 failure per 5 mags with the rotaries.
My fathers 10/22 from the 80s has none of these issues even with my mags, and he hardly cleans the damn thing.
>Inb4 adjust the collar on the barrel lock
I have it set according to the manual, and no changes improve the function.
I have even adjusted the mag release.
My friends even have similar issues with their new production 10/22s

I won't be buying a Mk3, I will be getting a S&W Victory.
>>
>>29199394
Except most companies that produce self-loading rifles and pistols have, in those same realms, more than one big hitter. CZUB has
>Vz.58
and
>CZ75
And literally nothing else.
>>
>>29199494
exactly
>>
>>29199785
>52
>Scorpion (not the new plastic shit)
>23 with its bolt design
They're a great company and are not "Overrated" because nobody is claiming they are 'the best gun company ever'

All that has ever been widely claimed is
>They make solid guns
>Not wildly overpriced
>Had a couple innovative or influential designs
>The old 75's were one of the best combat handguns you could buy when they came out.
>>
>>29200076
>52
Not exactly something you want to bring up when defending CZUB's track record.
>Scorpion
Fair enough, but it is significantly held back by its round.
>23
Greatest thing the Vz.23 did was inspire the Uzi.

>They're a great company
Debatable, especially when you hear the horror stories of people who have their weapons as service issue and the sleazy backstories behind them.
>and are not "Overrated" because nobody is claiming they are 'the best gun company ever'
So unless they're the literal best gun company ever, they can't be overrated. Nah, I'm not playing this game. For a company that is commonly flaunted here as being some special brand of slavmagic that makes guns better than anything in the Eastern Bloc every did, they sure are unspectacular and have a lot of fuckups in their history.
>>
>>29200194
Milsurp! Dude! Put the beer and train sex toys down for a fucking second! You're logicing like CG.

I said they're not overrated because people are not CLAIMING they are fucktastically amazing. Everyone's just saying they're
>'pretty good, great for the price in the rifle department, had some influential designs, well known for a reason'

As long as they meet that they're not overrated. Not saying the company is fucking amazing, just saying they're not garbage.
>>
>>29200269
> people are not CLAIMING they are fucktastically amazing.
Someone hasn't seen the Vz.vs.AK threads.
>just saying they're not garbage.
I'm not either, I'm saying they're fucking overrated.
>>
>>29200194
You are still listening to the faggots, the people claiming that they are the end all be all of gun companies are dumb.
They are a good company that has had many great designs throughout the years, but no one with credibility is claiming that they are the greatest ever, but to deny their accomplishments is the other side of the coin in fanboyism, the side that hates something just because others like it, even if a little to much.
>>
>>29200289
>Someone hasn't seen the Vz.vs.AK threads
You're right, I have not. I don't see them get touted as absurdly superior all over the board though.

And to be fair, the 58 is a better gun than the AK in military configuration, but neither are an AR so who gives a fuck?
>>
>>29195764
JJFU
>>
>>29195764
>COLT
>Springfield
>>
>>29200345
>many great designs
>many
Not really.
> but to deny their accomplishments
I'm not denying their accomplishments. Their true gifts to the firearms world are the CZ-75, the Vz.58, the Vz.27 for its telescoping bolt, and their sporting bolt-actions. Everything else tends to be a flop, a heavily flawed or anachronistic abortion (the CZ-52 falling into both of those realms), or Josef Nickl regurgitating his Mauser designs. Hence they're a rather mediocre state firearms entity. Hence, in lieu of the way I've seen "muh czecknawlugy" flaunted around here and on other forums and even on the firing line of the range, are overrated to a large extent.
>>
>>29200414
Why Springfield?
>>
>>29195764
Wilson Combat
>>
>>29200528
Damn man, tell me where the CZ rep touched you.

>Seriously though, they made some cool guns during the cold war, and a CZ75 designed for competition is basically cheating, but nowadays they're a bolt action rifle company with a pistol line and deams of military relevance.

>>29200553
Hot brittle plastic garbage and meh 1911's with fudds screaming USA USA 45.STRONK over a foreign made gun.
>>
>>29200637
>tell me where the CZ rep touched you.

In the slidestop retaining spring area of the CZ-82.
>>
>>29200637
In the roller locks until my barrel exploded.
>>
>>29200723
I chuckled.

But seriously, Makarov>C82/83
>>
>>29200810
Won't hear me argue against that.
>>
>>29200918
ATG argues it all the time, I have a Mak and he has an 82, one of them actually gets used once in a while and is mostly used for 100yd shooting.

>It's not the CZ
>>
>>29195764
Rock Island
>>
File: CZ82Disassembled.jpg (155 KB, 1023x680) Image search: [Google]
CZ82Disassembled.jpg
155 KB, 1023x680
>>29201017
Ask him to partake in a detail stripping contest and watch the tears of fury flow about five minutes in.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.