[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MODIFIED CLOTHING/GEAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Kitanica-Khaki-PNT-XA.jpg (16 KB, 591x540) Image search: [Google]
Kitanica-Khaki-PNT-XA.jpg
16 KB, 591x540
Ive seen some home made camouflage clothing, vests, and ghillie suits. Im thinking of sewing together combat pants with the builtin kneepads. Any other /k/raftsmen in customizing gear like dying, sewing, or even taking apart to make it work?
>>
>>29194551
I've modified a pair of woodland BDUs to have a bigger right back pocket. They're a used pair that I needed to make minor repairs to anyway.
>>
>>29194673
Did you used fishing wire For the stiching
>>
>>29194722
No, all-purpose thread. Seems to have held pretty well so far.
>>
>>29194551
I'm on a phone so no pictures, but I've made myself a Tiger Stripe Flight Suite.

I have extra fabric, so I'm thinking of making myself a combat shirt, by getting an OD t-shirt from my local military supply store later on this month.

I just use heavy duty OD Green stitching. Works great for things like belts, flight suites, and Combat Shirts.

If you have any questions on how to make one, ill be glad to give some pointers.
>>
>>29194761
Alright im looking for a strong thread to hold the make shift knee pads from my old sea bag. Its already held by shoe goo but ill stich the borders to reinforce the hold
>>
>>29194817
Just starting on a ghillie suit from FR multicam pants and shirt. The netting is held by shoe goo and ill stich certain areas to have a greater hold
>>
>>29194840
I'm actually just a beginner when it comes to sewing, so there's probably others here who know more than I do, but I would probably use something like upholstery thread or maybe even fishing wire like you said before.
>>
File: IMG_1185.jpg (3 MB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1185.jpg
3 MB, 1500x2000
1/3

Here's the pants that I've modified. They're enhanced hot weather
>>
File: IMG_1186.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1186.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2000
>>29194902
2/3
>>
File: IMG_1187.jpg (3 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1187.jpg
3 MB, 2000x1500
>>29194917
3/3

Here's what my pocket modification looks like
>>
>>29194930
....that's actually some clean stiching
>>
>>29194817
>tiger stripe
>flight suit
Nigga wut?
>>
>>29195058
Yeah i want to see this creation
>>
>>29194551

I'd like to apply a velcro backing on my TNF backpack, but I took it to a tailor and said it couldn't be done with her machines, it was too thick.

Glue it's out of the equation.

Anyone has an advice ?
>>
>>29195255
you can goto a leather worker. tehir shit is hardcore.

or for diy. pre punch holes with the smallest nail you can find and use braided line or the shit u find inside 550.
>>
>>29195255
Industrial sewing machine as well
>>
>>29195283
>>29195298

The tailor lady told me to go to a shoerepairer shop.

I'll try that then.
>>
>>29194930
>50/50 NYCO 90's enhanced hot weather pants
Enjoy your dogshit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.