[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you lived in a large urban area, and there is a big catastrophe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: rifle.jpg (36 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
rifle.jpg
36 KB, 450x338
If you lived in a large urban area, and there is a big catastrophe like Katrina - What type of rifle would you want to be equipped with?

Would you use a different rifle to stay in the city than to get out(something more concealable)?
>>
.22LR bolt gun with quiet ammo; can use to warn off people getting too close to my position; you know, the odd looter that doesn't really look like too much of a threat until he's next to you. If he keeps on coming, then bang to the chest.

.308 bolt gun for everything else

I'd be set up in a hide at my home, so single shots are all I'd need. I wouldn't be moving around outside at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 357x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 357x314
>>29192927
>implying they won't confiscate guns before helping people.
>>
>>29192945

To add, I'd use binos, of course.

Never scope someone until you want to shoot at them.
>>
>>29192945
What do you do when you have mobs of 20-30 dudes armed with molotovs, clubs and rifles come by to see if theres anything worth looting?
>>
>>29192966

Should be fine to hold of 20 or so with a .308 bolt gun. Drop the first, then others scatter; pick them off one by one if they don't retreat.

They won't know where you are if your hide is preschool level.

Have landmarks ranged beforehand, so you know where to hold.

No one wants to die over a place that's accurately shooting at you. They'll go for the weakest areas.

The biggest threat is police/mil trying to break into your home and "rescue" you.
>>
>>29192946
Has this ever occurred? How did they know who owned guns?
>>
>>29193086
Dude really? This happened in New Orleans after Katrina...

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150821/a-decade-later-remember-new-orleans-gun-confiscation-can-and-has-happened-in-america
>>
>>29193086
Common sense gun registration anon :^)
>>
>>29193086
Yes, this happened. I was there. NOPD was almost as bad as the looters.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 306x165
>>29193086
>>
>>29192927
>If you lived in a large urban area, and there is a big catastrophe like Katrina - What type of rifle would you want to be equipped with?
In what way would a gun help, at all?

Like, assuming natural disasters don't put me in the mood to shoot somebody in the face.
>>
>>29193470

Fighting off looters, I guess.

Pretty sure there was roving bands of niggers during Katrina looking around for houses that were easy targets.

Some of them didn't make it back alive from their looting trips.

So, it's a real threat, especially if you don't live in Japan or Australia where people actually help one another for most of it.
>>
>>29193086

You're a retard.
>>
File: Pic-1.jpg (26 KB, 700x362) Image search: [Google]
Pic-1.jpg
26 KB, 700x362
t-h-i-s
>>
>>29193538
Hell in Japan the fucking Yakuza help during their national disasters.
>>
>>29193614
It's part of protecting their territory. They maintain relationships with the locals in exchange for business and political favors in order to keep their other interests running smoothly.
>>
>>29193614
>>29193626
So wait, the yakuza is real?
>>
>>29193603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y1TDNcpAVU
>>
File: yakuza.jpg (143 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
yakuza.jpg
143 KB, 960x640
>>29193641
of course they're real.
>>
>>29193656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qCWcl7jol4
>>
>>29193641
No. All these J-Pop singers are not getting laid for shits and giggles.

OF COURSE THE YAKUZA IS REAL!
>>
>>29193538
>in Japan or Australia where people actually help one another for most of it.
We don't have nigger loot brigades but I'd still want to strap on a rifle and head innawoods to hunt. Fresh meat would be worth its weight in gold quickly enough.
>>
>>29193691
>Large urban area
>Innawoods

How?
>>
>>29193641

Yes. Despite their dodgy dealings they're usually pretty decent at supporting their local communities.
>>
>>29193538
in australia its actually considered "unaustralian" to loot during an emergency situation...
it makes the news when like 10 people get caught looting, and the response from the public is fucking huge
>>
>>29192927
FN SCAR. Every time.
>>
>>29193656
Those sandniggers flagging the fuck out of one another triggered me.
>>
>>29193710
>Loud
>Expensive
>Heavy gun
>Heavy ammo
14yoplzgo
>>
>>29193626
That's actually pretty cool
>>
File: policeareyourfriendsanon.png (2 MB, 1276x872) Image search: [Google]
policeareyourfriendsanon.png
2 MB, 1276x872
>>29192927

*knock knock*

POLICE DEPARTMENT!
>>
>>29192966
Get a good .22 rifle, a decent scope, subsonic ammo and a can, shoot them in the head. Una bullet for target. They won't know from where is coming from, but will know than that area is verboten.
>>
>>29192945
theyll hit you at night. stay in the shadows until they make it to your door, then turn flashlights on and loot your shit. if you shoot one, they will retreat and burn your house down. one dude vs a group is delusional if youre stuck in a house and they know you are in there. especially if you kill one of their own.
>>
>>29195895
this is why you bring friends with more guns and also why you should shoot more than one guy
>>
>>29193086
>>29193092
If you read the article. It was shitty and corrupt cops doing it from a shitty and corrupt mayor. In a disaster like that, laws don't mean shit. Whoever has the most power makes the laws.

They got sued to be moon and back though and many laws were passed outlawing it in the future. But I doubt that will do a lot of good.

> The amendment prohibits persons acting under color of federal law, receiving federal funds, or acting at the direction of a federal employee from seizing or authorizing the seizure of lawfully-possessed firearms or imposing or enforcing certain restrictions on firearms during a state of emergency.

One tip though. Don't fucking stay in a densely populated area during a huge ass disaster. Especially when there is a mandatory evacuation.
>>
File: clyde_armory_colt_used_le6933.jpg (131 KB, 1000x586) Image search: [Google]
clyde_armory_colt_used_le6933.jpg
131 KB, 1000x586
>>
>>29195895
If they want that specific stuff, sure. In an entire city of chaos, if I was looting, and someone pointed a gun at me from a house I felt like frisking, I'd take me and my crew to another house.

If the disaster lasts long enough that the looters have run out of easy targets and are desperate enough to risk getting shot, Your either in a warzone or an apocalypse.

As for my choice, something in .308. That'll drop any looter with one shot pretty much regardless of where you place it, is loud enough to scare the shit out of the other looters, and is a readily available ammo. Any bolt gun would do, but if I could have anything for shits and giggles it'd probably be a FAL. Because why not.
>>
>>29193656
In WW3 the Holy war, just shout out Allan Snackbar to find out where your enemy is....
>>
>>29196221
Evacuating from a hurricane is a crap shoot - they dont travel in straight lines. Most often the best plan is really to hunker down and wait it out
>>
>>29196441
You can atleast leave the city.
>>
>>29196460
for all you know you could be travelling right into the hurricane's path. Unless you live in a flood zone its really not a good idea
>>
>>29192927
>>29193734
>>Loud
yeah
>>Expensive
who gives a shit when it's your life on the line
>>Heavy gun
no.
>>Heavy ammo
You're not backpacking up the Himalayas
>>
>>29192927
Fuck rifle I will use the TMG 10 or TMG 38
>>
>>29192927
>What type of rifle would you want to be equipped with?

A 16" AR15 with a holo sight + 2x magnifier and an extra magazine strapped to the collapsible buttstock.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 892x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 892x313
>>29198614
>>
New Orleans fag here. Well just outside of New Orleans. (5minutes). Anyway. The police were really keen on making people leave before hand. Went door to door asked if you were leaving and encouraged you to go. If you elected to stay they came and asked if you had supplies and if you were leaving, if you required assistance to leave. I was outside day after Katrina passed checking my house for damage. I open carried because I could see no sign of anyone nearby that stayed. I had two weeks worth of food and found national guard had setup nearby. Went and got food and water despite not needing it, really just to have a look around. Night time was dead quiet and hot. Nobody out on the street, no wildlife, no bugs. Police would ask for ID and where I lived, never hassled. I was also asked if I had enough ammunition.

Also it was myself and two friends from college all armed. We couldn't get out because of work.
>>
>>29192927
If I had to leave my home, I'd cc my cz-p07. If at home I've got an AR with several loaded magazines.

If I was leaving, and assuming I'd be able to come back, I'd take my marlin 60 and my CZ.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.