[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to do an SKS scout build. Anybody recognize the mag in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1780x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1780x303
Looking to do an SKS scout build. Anybody recognize the mag in this image? I love the look of it.
>>
>>29189653
Are you that faggot anon in milsurp threads who always takes milsurp rifles and Bubba them into shitty "scout" rifles and claims he cares for history? If so go kill yourself faggot

If not, that's probably a ak mag, but you should still kill yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 590x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 590x391
>>29189653
Also,
>What kind of rails are those small ones up front
>How the hell did they swap the bayonet with more rail
>>
>>29189653
That mag is sexy
>>
>>29189696
>SKS
>history

i love casual poors who think their common mass produced conscript rifle is a "piece of history" when it was probably never carried or used by anyone of any notoriety. It's not even like the Swiss K31s with the certificates of the guys who used to have them, they're just fucking slav garbage thrown in a crate and shipped overseas. They have about as much "history" as your moms vibrator.
>>
>>29189696
N-no. I just have a thing for tastefully done rails on wood stocks. And I love SKSes.
>>
>>29189696

I have never seen a post more clearly written by a fucking teenager in all my years.

Go do the dishes, anon. I can hear your mom screaming at you from the stairs.

>Slavshit
>Historical relevance
>"AK mag"

Lurk before you start posting, please.
>>
>>29189727
What I don't understand is why you'd have a red dot on the thing as pictured when there are perfectly good and accessible Irons right below. That setup with a 2-8 power scope or somwhere in that range would be the shit though.
>>
>>29189653
http://www.galatiinternational.com/product/BWSKS02D.html
>>
>>29189874
I'd like to either use the Scout Industries mount (much cleaner look), or just stick with irons.
Is it just me, or is the barrel chopped, too? That and the gas tube look funky, or is that just me?

>>29189964
You're a saint, Anon. I appreciate it.
>>
>>29189761
>i love casual poors who think their common mass produced conscript rifle is a "piece of history" when it was probably never carried or used by anyone of any notoriety

>Implying "history" means being carried by someone well known

Kill yourself.
>>
>>29190073
>being this autistic to take a general example this literally

Your rifle is worthless like your pathetic life faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 500x750
>>29189696
There's someone who does this?
I need to lurk those threads more.
>>29189761
History doesn't just mean things it was used for. It can have history in the design, or where it was made.
You're a cucking idiot.
>>29189769
No. Just no. 7.62x39 is shit for anything "scout rifle" and the term itself refers to a bolt action rifle meant to be used for emergencies whilst getting back to a main force.
>>29189788
You, sir, are an idiot.
Kindly either write an actual post or don't post at all. (Pic related is mainly meant as a reaction to you)

He posed a legitimate question. He may have had bad grammar, but he still attempted to contribute to the thread, something you have not.
>>
>>29190501
Good one
>>
>>29190584
he basically called the OP a fag.
I fail to see how that isn't anything other than shitposting.
>>
I'm a poorfag with an sks. I bought it in a tapco stock, the seller said he lost the wood furniture in a move from CA to NC, so my rifle is already "bubba'd". I have two questions.
1- is modding it to take removable mags a good or bad idea? Everything I've read says its bad and malfunctions a lot.
1.5- would getting a 20-30 rd internal mag be any better/worse? Are they expensive or hard to install?
2- the rifle has a rail for an optic riveted near the bolt housing cover, but i dont have an optic to fit that rail. I do have a bolt housing cover with picatinny rails, but id have to remove the original riveted one to put it in and i have no idea how to do that.
Wat do?
>>
>>29190634
He explained that it's probably an AK mag (it probably isn't, but fuck, he still tried)
>>
>>29190734
>1- is modding it to take removable mags a good or bad idea? Everything I've read says its bad and malfunctions a lot.

If you just want to stick removable mags innit, there's not "modding" to it -- it's literally just a matter of putting mags in it.

If you do the bolt mod, it pisses off purists, but those are meme drinking faggots anyway.

Either way: yes, removable mags are more jam prone, unless you autistically tune each and every mag to the weapon. It's not really worth the money.

>1.5- would getting a 20-30 rd internal mag be any better/worse? Are they expensive or hard to install?

The only fixed mags that are this big for the SKS are norinco "star" magazines which are rare, expensive, and honestly, they jam about as badly (if not worse) than the removables.

>I do have a bolt housing cover with picatinny rails

These are garbage and don't hold a zero for shit. Don't install it.
>>
>>29190734
I've heard the 20 Chinese Star fixed mags are good but they're unicorn status these days.

Duckbills a shit. Feed issues galore.

Also modding the gun to take AK mags is generally a crapshoot and is going to seriously hinder the gun's reliability which is generally an SKS selling point. Also probably you don't the metal working skills or tools to do it, just generally speaking. Though again, it's not really worth doing for anything other than novelty.

There are some guys in Texas (iirc) making mag adapters that allow you to run Tapco mags with the duckbills cut off. Those are supposed to be pretty good, but are expensive. Google SKS mag adapter.

Basically, any "upgrades" you're throwing on an SKS will just turn it into a shittier AK, and with current prices, put you into entry-level AK price bracket too. All for a gun that won't do any of that shit as well as an AK will.

Also those Tapco stocks fuck with the balance of the gun. Get some surplus furniture off ebay, git gud with strippers.

If the short LoP fucks with you get a 1" rubber buttpad off Amazon to give you a little more length. If you get the right kind the trapdoor still works and (for me at least) the gun points a lot more naturally.

If you don't want an SKS, save your money and buy something else, because you're just gonna end up disappointed if you try and turn an SKS into something it isn't.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.