[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok once you catch the gun bug and lurk /k/ for a while. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1457130554371.jpg (244 KB, 1200x1188) Image search: [Google]
1457130554371.jpg
244 KB, 1200x1188
Ok once you catch the gun bug and lurk /k/ for a while. What are good gun forums to move into. K is good for memes but too much broscience and shitposting takes its toll.
>>
Brian Enos forum is the place to go to be around people who are actually serious about shooting and not tactical gearqueers
>>
Honestly I just use industry blogs and Tumblr these days for weapons and military
>>
File: 1457339831544.gif (742 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457339831544.gif
742 KB, 500x281
>>29187363
>>
>>29187363
thehighroad
>>
Depends on what you're into
I check out snipers hide, Glock talk, akforum, ar15.com, the CMP forum depending on which weapon my autism is flaring up towards at that particular moment.
>>
>>29187454

>arfcom

Hooah debbil doge! Shillery takin muh guns from my cold dead hands amirite? Tree of freedom watered with the blood of tyrants! I AM the Amerigan Sheepdoge! May God have mercy on my enemies FOR I WON'T!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROUD OIF VET 1171 "Water Dog" July 2003 - December 2003
>>
This probably won't be popular but...... reddit. It's not perfect but it's better than most firearm forums. /r/guns /r/firearms /r/gundeals

I can't stand sites like barfcom. I read them some but never join.
>>
>>29187533
I agree with your memes but if you're looking for ammo or parts deals it's a good place to find out about them. Or reviews on parts or ammo.
>>
>>29187533
Lol.
>>
I'd say the files but I assume half of you faggots are already on there
>>
>>29187454
>arfcom.

No. Just no. Arfcom is a joke and if your AR isn't a tier1 operator gun, they're going to tell you that it's shit.
>>
>>29187559
I'd use Reddit a lot more if its interface wasn't complete dogshit.
>>
>>29187454
Something about snipershide I find really off-putting. Idk why.
>>
File: 1435532208261.jpg (43 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
1435532208261.jpg
43 KB, 500x301
If we're being honest, /k/ is arguably the best firearms community out there. It sounds insane, but hear me out.

There are tons of forums dedicated to specific brands, guns, etc. If I go on HK Pro, I know I'm going to be talking with folks who are highly invested in HK products and love them. While there's some good to that, there's also a lot of bad. There's bias, and a fuck-ton of it. This is true for ANY forum. Would you go to the ghost of Adolph Hitler if you wanted to get an unbiased account of WWII? Fuck no. /k/ allows people from all walks of life and ownership to see and comment on post. If I'm on the FN Forums and ask what AR I should buy, what do you think the odds are somebody will tell me a FN AR? A lot higher than say the HK Pro forums which might suggest a MR556.

The second point is identity. On /k/, we're almost all anonymous. I could be in the internet argument of my life in one thread while laughing and agreeing with the same fucker I'm arguing with in another. Persistent IDs change the way we act. We don't want to offend somebody or we want to establish a persona. It's like reality TV. Put a camera in front of somebody, and they WILL act differently.

This lack of a persistent ID let us all speak our unfiltered opinions. If somebody says something really fucking stupid, we can call them out on it without risking a ban for, "Being offensive".

Lastly, it's the speed at which the forums move. Unless you're on a sight like Arfcom, a decent conversion takes days to develop. Being on 4chan is basically like having a realtime conversation. If I want opinions on a Magpul UBR, I'll jump into /arg/ or make a thread and have dozen of opinions within minutes, not days.'

/k/ might be a cesspool, but it's the best cesspool out there. It's raw and unfiltered.

>pic related
>>
File: Damn you for being right.png (149 KB, 489x305) Image search: [Google]
Damn you for being right.png
149 KB, 489x305
>>29187701
>>
Sigtalk
>>
>>29187584

>reviews

I've always like truthaboutguns
>>
>>29187533
>tfw after just a few days on arfcom you realize that the main "general discussion" board is literally containment where all the fudd manchildren are gently shepherded, also the admins will ban anyone who disagrees with their politics

>>29187685
reddit is what happens when there is no designer on staff and user interface is an afterthought

>>29187701
ephemeral brutal honesty

>>29187746
>that time when nick leghorn published "surprise! you guys registering NFA firearms actually don't have to engrave them!" without attributing the information to any sources at all, placing scores of eager readers in potential legal jeopardy
>>
>>29187701
> /k/ allows people from all walks of life and ownership to see and comment on post.

That's a funny way of referring to a user population that is 30% europeans, 50% furry, 45% weeb, 25% mallninja, 25% fudd, 70% underage, 0% gunowning, and 100% faggot.
>>
>>29187454
Glocktalk. KEK

If you want some advice from Glock fagboys who literally know nothing about anything, then by all means go to Glocktalk.
>>
>>29187839
I'm actually curious how many non-free people are silently lurking /k/ at any time dreaming about owning firearms

(if there are any, i cordially invite you to my desert retreat in elko)
>>
>>29187882
>(if there are any, i cordially invite you to my desert retreat in elko)
I've been contemplating signing up to house exchange students for the sole reason of taking them out shooting and converting them to gun-loving humans.
>>
File: tempFile_2016-03-03-20-51-57.jpg (629 KB, 1159x1033) Image search: [Google]
tempFile_2016-03-03-20-51-57.jpg
629 KB, 1159x1033
>>29187701
preach on brother beavis
>>
>>29187701
Also if you're halfway smart you'll be able to sort the bad opinions from the good ones, and if you can't it won't hurt anyone else and you'll just believe you're doing good. It's a win-win situation.
>>
>>29187882
European here, but i am much more interested about military gear/hardware, history and tactics rather than say small arms ownership and functioning, so i mostly browse /k/ to read historic threads about conflicts or naval/aerial/ground warfare topics and occasional X weapon system talks.
I think that being european has much to do with that, gun ownership was never a felt subject or a prominent hobby in EU, so we are normally much less attached to weapons.
Though there is not a lively gun culture in most EU countries, exceptions are still present, my town for example has 4 historic gun stores with a couple of centuries of collective activity despite being a rather small settlement of c.a. 70k inhabitants.
My family is not anti-gun, we dont own any gun but my grandfather used to be an hunter among other things so he owns 870s, carbines and so on.
My other grandfather was an officer in the navy back in the day and my dad served too as an officer for a couple of years so i was naturally attracted by military since young age.
That said despite having never shot funs, i also like firearms, im pro-gun and i'm probably going to get my hunting license to legally own and carry any weapon up for sale for civilian market.
It would be great to be able to carry and purchase with no restriction as in many states but in my opinion it's not an issue as long as we can legally own rifles and police don't come in our houses to get our butter knives.
Many americans think that the whole EU has embarassing gun/weapon laws as UK but that's not the case and pro-gun european gun owners most certainly exists, it's just more of a niche.
It would be great if we could spread the gun culture so that people are not completely ignorant thus irrationally afraid of guns.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.