[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It is legal to open carry a gun in many places of the USA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
>It is legal to open carry a gun in many places of the USA
>But it is ilegal to open carry a sword, a spear or an axe
How can the law be so stupid sometimes.
Explain this burgers.
pic not related
>>
>>29185750
It is?
>>
>open carrying anything ever

Fuck off attention whore.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 800x1200
Anti-poor laws I'd bet
>>
>>29185772
This
>>
>>29185750
First of all, wat?
Second, would this make it illegal to carry a rifle with the bayonet attached?
>>
Not in Maryland, open carry for swords is completely legal, though not really common.
>>
>>29185750
That's because there are state and federal laws to protect your rights to bear a firearm.
>>
>>29185861
This makes not sense at all
>>
>>29185750
swords were the symbols of both the english nobility and the civil war officers so they are stigmatised in the land of the free.

for spears i don't know... anti poorfag poaching maybe?

but I admit, most knife laws are retarded.
why in the world am I allowed to carry :
a G19
a bowie knife
a rifle
an arbalet
a bow
a bag of tannerite in my car.
but not a fucking ballisong, a morgenstern, a pole or nunchucks...
>>
>>29185957
>swords were the symbols of both the english nobility and the civil war officers so they are stigmatised in the land of the free.

Bullshit
>>
>>29185974
maybe but I can't come up with anything more logical for the open carrying of swords...

if I wanted to go to a party dressed as a knight I couldn't do it with a real sword?
>>
>>29186024
>maybe but I can't come up with

When you think "I need to come up with" that's where you stop because it means you don't know anything.
>>
>>29185957
Daily reminder that swords were cheap as chips after the plague and every man in the country was required to have arms at home (we're talking about Britain at the moment), so swords-a-plenty.
>>
>>29186047
This
>>
>>29185750
Because we aren't really free, kid. Hard pill to swallow, but as you age you'll come to accept it like the good little drone we molded you into. The programming is almost comoletr, don't fight it.
>>
>>29185750

In most cases, in order to get a firearm you have to have undergone a background check.

So if you're walking around with a gun, in theory someone has already checked your background to see if you're up to no good.

Swords, spears, whatever aren't regulated in terms of sales.
>>
>>29185750
Depends on the state. I can OC what the fuck ever I want.
>>
>>29185849
Try it and tell us how that works out.
>>
>>29185750

If you want to carry around an axe, spear, or sword everywhere you go like it's the middle ages, go to euroland. Us burgers are content with our guns.
>>
>>29185750
It's illegal to open carry a gun in California, but Legal to open Carry a sword.

on the flip side

Texas allow open carry of long guns and recently pistols, but a Bowie knife on your belt will land you in butt rape prison and all your rights taken away.
>>
>>29185750
In WA it is illegal to open carry a sword only in certain cities like Seattle.

Out in the woods or in a rural town you can open carry either.

>>29185820
In Seattle you can't even have a bayonet on your person outside, but you can open carry an AR.
>>
>>29185750
Many of those laws were made to make it difficult for blacks to defend themselves. Its so you can jail people too poor to own a firearm. It made more sense when the laws were enacted.
>>
>>29185974
Swords were heavily regulated in ancient and medieval times, and if you were not part of the nobility or wealthy merchant guild leaders, or a men-at-arms employed by the nobility and merchant guild leaders; you were fucked if you were found out to own a sword.

German peasants got around sword laws by making one edged swords and by the definition of the law stating swords were double edged blades, these single edged blades were classed as knives...really big knives but still knives and okay for lower classes to have.

Think of it like a featureless AR-15 for New York Fags.
>>
>>29187568
>a Bowie knife on your belt will land you in butt rape prison and all your rights taken away
WTF Texas, explain yourself.
>>
>>29186064
laws changed...and now you can't even buy plastic spoons.
>>
>>29185788
How so. Most quality blade weapons are more expensive than out the box guns.
>>
File: 1455567170847.png (652 KB, 620x1108) Image search: [Google]
1455567170847.png
652 KB, 620x1108
let me ask you this
do you see anyone walking around with ninja swords outside of faggoty anime conventioms? would you want to?
>>
>>29185788
Hnnng. I'm guessing she looks on the wrong side of chubby from other angles though
>>
>>29187673
Note that you said "quality". The laws were meant to nail poor folk carrying kitchen knives, axes, cleavers, shit like that. It later expanded to include cheap flea-market ninja shit, but that was more Hollywood and "fear of the unfamiliar".

And to be honest, you'd be hard pressed to find blade weapons that actually clock in at a heavier price tag on the average than guns. Most super-quality stuff is in the knife category, and even then we're only talking a few hundred bucks tops. You're talking about a serious minority and not what the legislation is concerned with.
>>
>>29185750
In Kansas, you can carry any knife that is legal to own.
>>
File: 1454123993618.jpg (197 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1454123993618.jpg
197 KB, 1280x1280
>>29187801
bruh her shoulder looks like a dick
>>
>>29187901
Just no ballistic knives or throwing stars.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (10 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
10 KB, 194x259
>>29187945
Two handed claymores are ok.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.