[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is war boring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Su76_nn.jpg (760 KB, 1744x1260) Image search: [Google]
Su76_nn.jpg
760 KB, 1744x1260
Is war boring?
>>
Only if you're a Loader in a tank
>>
>>29182937
99% Pure Boredom followed but 1% of Shear Terror.
>>
Kind of. Most of the time you just sit there waiting for action or you're repairing & preparing.
>>
>>29182946
>Shear
I think you're mixing this up with husbandry.
>>
>>29182943
being a loader is pretty exciting, retard.
>>
File: felco-shears.jpg (54 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
felco-shears.jpg
54 KB, 1000x668
>>29182951
>>29182946
JESUS CHRIST THE HORROR
>>
>>29182955
Found the loader. Not everyone can be a gunner lil buddy.
>>
>>29182965
>point gun
>press button

wow so hard
>>
>>29182955
>load empty shells into the breach
>pull a lever so that empty casings are ejected
>fuck around with screwdrivers ALL DAY
>shout 1 word your entire career

Fun
>>
>>29182969
>point gun
>press button
>whatever gun was pointed at disappears in a fucking fireball

As opposed to
>Pick up shell
>press button
>>
>>29182943
This is so true. Make sure the radio is on the right channel, load the gun, arm the gun, sit there and can't see anything but the inside of the turret.
"Oh you can look out the periscope in the loader's hatch."
What do I see through that? The loader's 240, the commander's station, the spare roadwheel bolted to the roof, sponson box handles, tarps and misc gear in the bustle rack.

>>29182955
I found it boring. How many times can loading an unloading a 120 round be exciting?

>>29182965
>>29182969
Making E5 and becoming a gunner was the greatest thing.

>Point gun
>Press button- Yes not very hard to do but fucking exciting and it gets you hard.
>>
>>29182965
I spent most my time as the driver (which is what I preferred anyways), but yea I also qualified as a loader and a gunner.

>>29182971
>loading badass 120mm gun
>getting to watch the breech fly past you as the gun fires
>getting to shoot dismounts with your 240
>not fun

Yea, the loader is the bitch of the tank, but it's still exciting. There isn't a position on the tank that isn't exciting.
>>
>>29182986
>loading badass 120mm gun
vs
>firing badass 120mm gun
>>
>>29182986
Tanks operating are exciting, labor intensive whores and WTF it broke overnight? Every tank has gremlins that the loader gets to fight.

I had more fun as a driver and gunner than the loader.
>>
>>29182976
I'd like to blow something up with a tank one day
>>
>>29182937
yeah it's boring until it's not, then suddenly it returns to being boring
>>
>>29182976

it's more like

>push button
>pick up shell
>push lever
>>
99% boredom and 1% sheer terror
>>
>>29182962
Topkek
>>
>have to deal with my commanders nonsense
>the gear is too heavy
>when do i get to shoot my gun?
>oh the attack is delayed, again
>get ded
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.