[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we say it's easy to get/make full auto weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1435188770774.jpg (658 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435188770774.jpg
658 KB, 1920x1200
Does anyone else have trouble believing the meme of criminals using body armour or having access to automatic weapons in the US... It's something my cop buddies talk about all the time but can't produce any evidence of other than the North Hollywood event.

It seems to be a regular talking point that its super easy to make or get FA weapons here in the US if you are willing to break the law, but I kind of doubt it.
>>
>>29174815
It's a meme
>>
>>29174815
>Does anyone else have trouble believing the meme of criminals using body armour or having access to automatic weapons in the US

They have access to body armor, at least.

http://www.bulletproofme.com/

I can order as much bodyarmor as I want with no checks for felonies, or background checks or any of that noise.

I can't speak on Automatics, though.
>>
>>29174815
lets put it this way the people smart enough to get/make fa and buy bodyarmor are smart enough to not be forced into a criminal lifestyle. they can be criminals cause they and everyone else breaks some law everyday but they dont have to resort to gas station holdups where they plan to die in a shoot out with cops.
>>
File: 1452982027571.webm (3 MB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1452982027571.webm
3 MB, 720x540
just my 2 cents here.

They are both right and wrong; full auto conversions are possible for several popular firearms out on the market today, but depending on the process and can be quite difficult and require access to expensive special tools (CNC, lathes, mills, etc.), while others can be done in the garage, but sometimes are not reliable and if anything make the firearm more a danger to the user than the target (slamfire, bumpfire).

As for the actual purchasing of select fire firearms? Unless it's a pre '86 or some other rarity, I would imagine most common criminals having a hard time acquiring these, then again, I'm not a criminal, so I wouldn't know. Hell, for all I know it's probably easier going the illegal route to acquire things like level 4 armor and class 3 firearms rather than filling out the paperwork, which most people that I know who are in possession of, claim it's a pain in the ass for us law-abiding citizens.

As for evidence of all this? I don't know, I remember on the /k/ommando radio they talked about that big bust in south carolina, apparently these thugs could arm a small army out of what they acquired over the years, mainly through theft. But out of the felons that I have met personally, they don't fool around with anything beyond a glock or a keltec.

please don't chastise me for my opinion.
>>
>>29174815
All of it is easily accessible, most criminals are just idiots/have no plans for it. I've got a buddy who lives in the ghetto of San Bernadino and he says it's not even uncommon to see all sorts of banned rifles, and even an RPG-7 on two occasions. Cartels are fucking crazy
>>
>"I'm concerned about a Chinaman, who thinks it's wise to come to a business meeting, carrying automatic weapons. Because in this country, it don't add inches to your dick, you get a life sentence for it."
>>
>>29174815

There's nothing illegal about buying the F/A trigger groups for say an AR or an AK. They come with a lot of demilled parts kits, even.

Anyone with access to basic machine tools and the ability to read plans could make the cuts to a receiver and install them.

The average criminal doesn't do this. What's stopping the average gun owner is the fact that they'll become a criminal.

Tube-based, open bolt, SMGs are a really really simple concept and do turn up in countries with super gun bans in place like Australia.

Most of the modified guns that I've seen recovered were illegal SBRs: Cut down shotguns, an SKS cut down shorter than the gas system (Yeah, you read that right), AKs with the stocks cut off, things of that nature.

They usually have things that make me wonder if they even functioned, or in some cases, I know they didn't function.
>>
>>29174877
>http://www.bulletproofme.com/

good point, but that's just level 3 armor right? isn't it only rated to stop handgun rounds, not enough to stop rifle rounds? like level 4 is rated to something like ".308 147 gr FMJ outside of 100 yds" or something like that.
>>
>>29174815
>all those flat asses
The fuck was the point of that photo? There's nothing there to admire. No nice thighs even.
>>
>>29175014

Spotted the virgin.
>>
>>29175014

Yeah, whatever bro. I'd hit it.
>>
>FBI and CIA agents sell automatic weapons to gangs and Mexican drug cartels every day for "sting ops"
>Get outsmarted or de-funded by Obama and can't catch any of them before they get away
>Criminals can't get full-autos you dumb newfag it's only a meme sage reeeeeeeee
>>
>>29174815
In the north hollywood shootout they made their shit.
>>
File: now make like a bird.png (192 KB, 355x408) Image search: [Google]
now make like a bird.png
192 KB, 355x408
>>29175014
nigga u gay
>>
>>29175058
>>29175074
Some of us choose what women we approach. I don't just pick anything that's walking and with a pulse. Maybe you do.

I'd still fuck any of em, but I wouldn't chase one. Christ.
>>
File: 2016-03-06_14.16.34.jpg (834 KB, 2576x867) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-06_14.16.34.jpg
834 KB, 2576x867
>>29174815

Technically this is full auto.

Breddy eazy if you ask me...

Oh...and I have SAPI plates and extra soft armor too.
>>
>>29175095
They were not outsmarted, they were just straight up incompetent.
>>
>>29175095
FaF didn't involve automatics.
>>
>>29175279

Okay I was being nice.

>>29175390
Obama plz go
>>
>>29175254
Thats not full auto, thats a shitty stock that lets the rifle bump itself against your finger. Still semi
>>
>>29174815
2nd from left is best.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.