[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
trigger job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: WP_20160225_006.jpg (835 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160225_006.jpg
835 KB, 1456x2592
K why is it frowned upon to have a trigger job on your EDC. I hate the feel of a Glock trigger and want to change it.
>>
because people are afraid prosecutors will say HE MADE IT INTO AN UNSAFE BABYKILLING MURDER MACHINE AND NOT A DEFENSIVE TOOL
>>
>>29169325
He already did. LOOK AT THOSE SIGHTS.

Those sights are made specifically to make follow up shots faster. That firearm clearly is set up for killing, not self defense.
>>
File: 1455332991249.jpg (118 KB, 1300x1196) Image search: [Google]
1455332991249.jpg
118 KB, 1300x1196
>>29169317
>K why is it frowned upon to have a trigger job on your EDC. I hate the feel of a Glock trigger and want to change it.
>frowned upon

What? Get something like a skimmer trigger on it and for the sake of fuck, make sure you have a good quality holster.
>>29169325
I've been seeing this bullshit crop up more and more lately, literally the same shit as "yer guhns gunna be taken away 100% of duh time"
>>
>>29169317
Trigger jobs are the best, especially when they have no teeth. I usually get mine for 15 bucks.
>>
>>29169317

Because despite the infinite knowledge and connectedness of the internet, fuddlore remains alive and well into 2016.

The same reason people debate service pistol caliber terminal effectiveness as if it matters.

The same reason people think you need to unload your magazines to "give your springs a rest."
>>
>>29169325
I've seen this posted on a lot of forums, but I'm almost entirely sure it's just a myth. I've never seen someone actually point to a case or a law backing up this claim. Classic FUD bullshit.
>>
>>29169368
>>29169348
the fun part is that 99% of these people are never going to have to shoot someone with their gun so they shouldn't even worry about the legal side of things.
>>
>>29169348

>skimmer trigger

Highly recommended.

As far as striker triggers go, its like waking up and finding out your dick doubled in size and you grew your own set of tits.
Its up there with an HK hybrid LEM or sig SRT and a #16 hammer spring.
>>
>>29169379
I only have a P226 and someday down the line I'll get an srt once I have my fundamentals down. I really want to see how a skimmer stacks up to an srt side by side.

I just wish they come out with one for a 43 because I might get one for my first cc gun
>>
>>29169362

>Infinite knowledge and connectedness of the internet

Dude, both aspects have also ensured the spreading and access to misinformation. Just look at /k/

OP, generally it's because there's a concern that lawyers (prosecutors or defense attorneys, whatever) will point to these modifications on your firearm as making it "more efficient" in being able to kill an individual, maybe with the express purpose of bringing doubt onto your faculties.

Is it a 100 percent "This will happen" concern? Not at all, but it's a concern some people want to try and avoid.

Also if you actually hate the feel of a stock Glock trigger you and every fag who buys those trigger kits are humongous faggots that have never had the pleasure of attempting action pistol with a revolver. Git gud, faggot
>>
>>29169392

They dont have a skimmer for the 43.

They DO have a carry trigger for the 43 on the website that amounts to the same thing as the skimmer though. OEM parts, geometry fixed, and polishes to a mirror sheen.

>get the trigger you want AFTER shooting a bunch

Do you upgrade your gun's sights to something you enjoy and find easy to use AFTER you master the stock sight picture?

It's YOUR GUN, add to it and shoot it how YOU want. If someone says you should do it some other "X" way, tell them to fuck off and buy it off you if it means so much to them.
>>
>>29169448
>Do you upgrade your gun's sights to something you enjoy and find easy to use AFTER you master the stock sight picture?

This. Anyone who actually likes stock plastic glock sights is a sucker anyways.
>>
>>29169398
It really shouldn't be a concern since it doesn't matter, you're either justified in pulling the trigger or you're not. Modifications to your gun have really nothing to do with intent and actions in one incident. one would have to prove you did it to prepare to that one specific instance to purposely circumvent some variable in the situation that made it more able for you to kill a person when the lack of that modification somehow would have made the incident have a different outcome.

If you pull the trigger you were either in fear for your life or not. To say otherwise if fudd.
>>
>>29169377
>the fun part is that 99% of these people are never going to have to shoot someone with their gun so they shouldn't even worry about the legal side of things.
So literally ever American?
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 4912x2760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 4912x2760
>>29169379
What.

I have a skimmer in my 19 and it's nice and all but I wouldn't put in anywhere near an SRT trigger. Hell I think the stock 320 trigger eclipses the skimmer. Maybe I just got a lemon.
>>
File: 2016-03-04 05.31.56 1_resized.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-04 05.31.56 1_resized.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>29169317
I like my Glock 19 trigger enough and don't feel the need to change it. The only thing I'll change is adding some night sights eventually.

That said I'm thinking about sending my P239 in to Sig for the AEP and SRT.

I'm more concerned about relaibility than I am a prosecutor. We don't have to prove our innocence, they have to prove our guilt beyond reasonable doubt. And it's easily argued that a better trigger means a more accurate shot and less likely to hit an unintended victim or bystander. If the self defense shooting is justifiable and legal, the trigger on your gun won't make a difference. So changing out a stock trigger, to me, comes down to reliability.

Since I'm accurate and comfortable with the Glock trigger and because Glock does not offer custom trigger work without voiding the warranty or peace of mind in terms of reliability, I'll keep it. Sure, there's nothing wrong with my P239 trigger, but since Sig offers the Action Enhancement Package and the Short Trigger Reset without voiding the warranty and having it be performed by Sig, I don't see why not.

On range guns or competition guns, I say go for it.
>>
>>29169317
Hated the stock trigger on my 21sf. My uneducated ass can't explain it technically but it was 7lbs. Put in the "-" connector and a competition spring now feels pretty good. Haven't gotten around to polishing contact points yet. The only two triggers by Glock that have not been typical were my 21sf & my buddies 43
>>
What prosecutor is going to have the damn sense to tear down a gun enough to even see you have a trigger job anyway?

>exhibit A
>anon's glock
>when I was looking at the evidence i decided to take apart the pistol
>when I got to the trigger I noticed that it was not in it's stock configuration
>it had been modified so it wasn't as hard to pull
>when anon killed dindu mcnuffin he did not have to exert the normal 5.5lbs
>all he had to do was exert a measly 2lbs
>he exerted two pounds of pressure to kill this boy
>he thought 5 lbs was making it too difficult to kill innocent black boys, so he had to make it even easier to murder
>>
>>29172176
It happens.

At our shop the cops would show up with a gun in a bag- ask us to tear it down, and type up a report on what we found. The most interesting one was a guy who got raided by the cops for shooting his mouth off about shooting the swat team....he didn't, but he had a semi-auto mac 10 converted to FA and a home made silencer that was surprisingly effective.
>>
>>29172176
>all he had to do was exert a measly 2lbs

What fucking glock has a 2lb trigger, goddamn.
>>
>>29172797

And you dodnt tell them to go fuck themselves?

Also that's shaky at BEST having some outside entity maintain custody of a piece of evidence.

AND none of you are LEO so so this absolutely counts as commenting on the nature of an ongoing investigation.
>>
>>29173203
Unless the investigation is not ongoing.

But otherwise I think they should have told them to fuck off, why support the law enforcement who will be the folks who search your home for your firearms?
>>
>>29169317
I've read some experts say that if you make the trigger lighter then prosecutors will accuse you of making it unsafe. Nothing wrong with making it smoother, just don't decrease the amount of pressure needed to activate it.
>>
>>29173522
That's fucking stupid and it would not even be applicable to a self defense case. In what way does an intentional and justifiable self defense shooting have to do with an unsafe trigger? Not only that, but the prosecutor is going to have to prove without a doubt that the trigger is unsafe.
>>
>>29173633
I didn't say they'll be able to get a conviction out of it, but it is one more thing you have to fight.
>>
>>29173667
No it's really not. The prosecutor isn't going to make that case.
>>
>>29169325

What he said. Read it in Massad Ayoob's "The Truth About Self Protection" -Good Read.
>>
>>29175748
I still can't seem to find any reason in the prosecutors argument as to how it would be pertinent to a self defense shooting.

You feared for your life, you intentionally pulled that trigger, how would a stock trigger have changed the scenario?
>>
>>29169317
it will add more fuel fire to your prosecution should you accidentally shoot an innocent person
>>
>>29169317
>hate the feel of a Glock trigger

How's being a new shooter going?
>>
File: r3svwwz9agolpk42dot1.jpg (25 KB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
r3svwwz9agolpk42dot1.jpg
25 KB, 636x288
>>29169317
Glock Triggers
>>
>>29169317
Shoot more, whine less. A factory 5-6lb trigger on a handgun without excessive creep is ideal for a defensive firearm.
>>
>>29177078

kind why I like the LEM trigger on my P2000SK. It has the longest pre-travel in the history of the world but breaks nice and clean. You really have to fuck up to AD one of them.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.