[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do /k/ hate SpringField XD. I own XD9 and XD45 and they are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: XD9621HCSP06_5.jpg (1013 KB, 2011x1500) Image search: [Google]
XD9621HCSP06_5.jpg
1013 KB, 2011x1500
Why do /k/ hate SpringField XD. I own XD9 and XD45 and they are superior than Glock 19 and 21.
>>
>>29168562
They're $300 guns that Springfield charges $550ish for.

You can literally get a better gun for less money.

>grip safety
>poor aftermarket
>Croatian
>mag prices

There is literally no advantage over a Glock or M&P.
>>
>>29168586
>grip safety

Hurrrrr

>Poor aftermarket

Untrue

>Croation

You have no point

>mag prices

Not really any different than other options

You literally have no arguement and they are perfectly equal to muh glawk an m&p
>>
>>29168562
They're decent guns, friend has one and it has never given any of us a single problem ever. That being said, don't pretend to act like it's a step above a glock.

Protip: it isn't.
>>
>>29168562
I loved my XD45. Super accurate and always reliable. I no longer have it. The municipal police confiscated it when I was drunk and shooting up the neighborhood.
>>
>>29168618
True

Nor is the glock a step above the XD or an M&P
>>
>>29168616
>Croation
>he literally can't spell what's right on the slide

I understand, the "Made in Croatia" marking is noticeably smaller than the GREP ZONI

But do go on and enjoy your XD. Some people just can't be trusted with having a gun and not blowing a hole in the wall so they need a grip safety.
>>
>>29168562
Because it's a $350-$400 gun selling for glawk prices.
the goddamn thing is made in Croatia and yet people syill buy it because "muh springfield" I've met tons of people who legit thought the things were made in USA.
the springfield armory of today Isn't even related to the US army arsenal. they're an importer founded in the 70's
>>
>>29168616
>'hurr' in response to a feature that adds nothing but can literally get you killed

>aftermarket
Its market is objectively worse than Glock or M&P. There are more accessories and products developed for them than any other defensive handgun, which is a distinct advantage.

>mag prices
While there are certainly worse guns, $15 Glock pmags are hard to beat, and the XD doesn't do it.

Even IF the XD was functionally equal to Glock, Glock would still win because of commonality and market. So, really, the question is: Why XD?

Find a respected instructor recommending XDs over Glock, or M&P.
>>
>>29168562
Question.

I recently got to fire my friend's C&C 9mm XD.

I don't like it. The fucker seems like it has such a high bore axis that it induces gobs of muzzle rise. Is it just me?
>>
File: 1457248475040.jpg (792 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1457248475040.jpg
792 KB, 2048x1152
>>29168648
It is litterally a passive feature that you could not hold the gun in a way to fire it without engaging it other than holding the sides of the grip with the fingers on one hand and pulling the trigger with your other.

It is a crutch people like you use to justify your personal dislike of a firearm that really has nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>29168658
Yes
You have either never actually fired one, or are looking for an imagined difference based on what you have read, or you have girl arms and any gun you pick up would do the same.
>>
>>29168658
My opinion I shot both XD9 Sub Compact and S&W shield 9mm. With such small handguns, you can feel the difference in Recoil just because of bore axis.
>>
>>29168562
>XD
God you're cancer. Go the fuck back to /reddit/.
>>
>>29168728
If he is cancer he is among more of his own kind here than anywhere else.
>>
>>29168718
>You have either never actually fired one
Except I did.
>or are looking for an imagined difference based on what you have read
Literally have never read anything about them
>or you have girl arms and any gun you pick up would do the same.
My 92FS does not behave the same way.

>>29168725
So it's a perception I have based on my inexperience with compact handguns. I buy that.
>>
>>29168728
Kiss my ass you liberal asshole. Go suck on Hilary's Cunt. I bet you can't even afford a handgun with your welfare income.
>>
>>29168658
can confirm, fired a XD in .45 and it felt weird and muzzleflippy. not particularly hard to control or uncomfortable, just a lot of upwards pull. to be fair, I've got small hands and not all guns fit them well. the XD in particular felt awkward to me.
>>
>>29168728
No one remembers this meme anymore
>>
>>29168751
if you shot .45 subcompact they hurt like hell...
>>
>>29168586
> $300 guns that the company charges over $500 for
Hmm, sounds familiar
>>
>>29168761
People remember it, they just wish the random desperate moron would quit spewing it and would rather play dumb.
>>
>>29168773
Sounds a lot like glock to me.
Guess they are a good copy after all.
>>
The safety - phobia on /k/ has reached fucking ludicrous levels. There is literally nothing wrong with having a safety, much less a grip safety.
>>
>>29168800
My safety is in my head... when I am not loaded...
>>
>>29168769
it was a fullsize. felt very pleasant to shoot actually, muzzle flip aside
>>
>>29168658
If it was one of the subcompact ones, then it's not because of the high bore axis but because it's a subcompact. They all do that.
>>
>>29168746
Your 92FS is a larger, all-metal pistol that weighs significantly more than even a fullsize XD, much less one of the compact or subcompact models.

It's also (in)famous for an unreasonably high bore axis.

It's just you.
>>
File: 1457125064997.jpg (12 KB, 217x294) Image search: [Google]
1457125064997.jpg
12 KB, 217x294
>>29168658
>The fucker seems like it has such a high bore axis that it induces gobs of muzzle rise. Is it just me?
>high bore axis

oh for fucks sake. If you want to pretend that's why you suck at shooting, at least say it was a sig or something.
>>
own an xds 9mm. also own a 92fs and a glock 26. I prefer shooting and carrying the xds.
>>
>>29168800
>there is literally nothing wrong with having a safety
Unless it's a Beretta slide-mounted safety. There are legitimate complaints about those.
>>
XD, Glock, and m&p are all ugly as fuck, made for wiggers, white trash, and people who know nothing about guns.
>>
>>29168852
>There are legitimate complaints about those.

Only from whiny faggots.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
XDs are the Tapout shirts of guns
>>
>>29168847
>I need to protect my own ego when it comes to my shit performance with my friend's gun that legitimately feels strange

How retarded are you, exactly? I have my own pistol that works fine for me and I am decent with it. Why would I need to run damage control on how I did with someone else's piece?

>I don't

Fucking christ you guys are the biggest assholes I've seen thus far. I think something is weird and therefore it means I am shit and my opinions are shit and so on.

I hope none of you work in scientific fields.
>>
"Fuck, I wish this cheap glock knock off had a retarded ass grip safety on it" - no one ever
>>
File: 1407931970193.gif (1 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
1407931970193.gif
1 MB, 217x217
>>29168933
>>
>>29168852
No there isn't.
>>
>>29168933
Just now getting in this thread. I own and carry both a glock and an XDs. I prefer the glock, but my XDs has never failed me. I like the grip safety, and actually bought it because it had the grip safety - it was a selling point for me.

I'm just seriously curious why people hate the grip safety so much? I mean, we're all entitled to our own opinions and what we shill out for reflects that, but I really couldn't pick the glock or the Springfield over the other, they both have yet to fail on me for any reason whatsoever.

The glock feels more cheaply made. The XDs had a tendency to shoot low left at first - something I trained around. That's really the only difference that I can comment on.
>>
>>29169011
I should clarify, I couldn't recommend one over the other. I prefer the glock to carry because the XDs is the 4 inch barrel and I have gastro issues - which means I can't always CC it. The glock is the 42 and considerably easier to carry with a mic/clipdraw combo. But I couldn't suggest one for CC over the other - they are both great. My XDs was more expensive.
>>
I have an xdm. It is the first handgun I bought. It shoots well, I hate the fucking GRIP ZONE but I put talon grips on it so I don't have to see it. The grip safety isn't that big of a deal, if you grip your pistol like you should you don't even realize it's there. I hate the stock grips and aftermarket support isn't there as much as say glocks but you can find stuff. I like the gun but if I could go back in time I probably would have got something else.
>>
Sorry, but the name. I know its about as shallow as it gets but its "XD" for fucks sake, the same as children use as an emoticon. Might as well call it the "LOL"

Same thing with the car, the Scion xD.
>>
File: Battlefield_Hardline.jpg (56 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield_Hardline.jpg
56 KB, 256x360
I don't like my XD because it's never in movies or video games.

It was on the cover of Battlefield: Hardline but not actually in the game.
>>
Id buy one, probably the XDM 2.0 and a xds in 9mm.

After I buy a Shield, PPQ, PPS, and USP Compact to complement my glock 19, 43, and m&p fullsize.

Stupid high bore axis and retarded heavy slide.

Those match barrels are a nice touch though.
>>
>>29168562
All XD & XDM
>shit tier

XDs 4" 9mm
>decent tier
>>
>>29169424
>your post
>teenage tier
>>
>>29168562
>Slavglock

It's close but not quite as good as it thinks it is.
>>
>>29168852
I'm not a fan of the Beretta safety, but I don't find it terrible
Now the slide-mounted Jericho safety, that one I hate
>>
>>29169430
You are a very kind, generous person.
>>
>>29169234
IIRC Payday 2 has the XD
>Tfw RS: Siege has a 6-inch 586 so I can play with my real life gun
Never mind the inexplicable green sights, finish that looks like polished Chrome, or random crayon markings on it
>>
>>29169496
I hated the beretta safety because it had a disturbing tendency to get bumped on or off during carry.
>>
>>29169505
If you're well versed, I'll thank you and lay off. If you're a dipshit, I won't hesitate to call you on your nonsense.
>>
>>29169430
Wow what an top tier response you fucking homo
>>
>>29169513
>I hated the beretta safety because it had a disturbing tendency to get bumped on or off during carry.

It's common knowledge to do a g conversion on a beretta and get a low profile lever on it.
>>
>>29169542
I guess I nailed it.
>>
>high bore axis
Its not significant, it really is quite the non issue.
>its uncontrollable
Man up pussy
>the muzzle flips
Learn to mitigate recoil, every handgun recoils, you cant escape it
>grip safety is stupid
I want my pistol to fire when i point it at something i need to die, this keeps it from stopping me from doing so while also keeping it from fireing when its not pointed at something i need to die
>Glock knock off
How? The heavy ass slide insert? As opposed to the thin metal inserts on the glock? Or is it the meal spring and guide rod? Maybe its the loaded chamber indicator? No? The cocking indicator? Did i mention its not just a visible indicator? Looking at you m&p.
>Over priced
This board constantly uses the term poorfag, i cant understand why thats used in this situation. Try to find a hs2000, go ahead, i want you to go to your local gun store, your gun shows, your pawn shops, anywhere online and buy a fucking hs2000 then shut the fuck up about how the xd is overpriced.
>croatshit
I was never under the impression it was american made. Tons of americans dont even know what GMO means, more of us voted for the next "american idol" than voted for the president. That doesnt surprise me. As for it being inferior simply because of the country, im gonna call bullshit.
>aftermarket sucks
You can find mags, you can find holsters, barrels, parts kits, conversion kits, tailored cleaning supplies, its one of the "big 3" is it not? Ive never had too much trouble finding anything i need.
>>
File: JOEYEYES.png (23 KB, 189x98) Image search: [Google]
JOEYEYES.png
23 KB, 189x98
Why do I take the opinions of people on the internet seriously* FTFY op
>>
>>29169220
Its just as cringy but that means x-tream duty.

I didnt name it. But like you said, its on allot of vehicles.
>>
>>29169689
>xtream duty
>GRIP ZONE
>XD
after playing serious sam I thought the croatians had talent, guess I was wrong
>>
>>29169568
It was better to sell the shit.
It wasn't worth the trouble. That Beretta is the only gun I've ever sold that I never regretted getting rid of at some point later.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.