[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would the Type 97 be for HD? The sheer '80s aesthetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
How would the Type 97 be for HD? The sheer '80s aesthetic of this thing makes my dick diamonds, but the practical part of me says I NEED an HD shotgun.
>Inb4 FTU
I prefer the original, and I'm a tall guy, so the chin weld with a red dot is very natural and fast, when I shot a buddy's.
>>
>>29168248
Pros
+Compact
+Reliable (With the right magazines)
+Points well

Cons
-Reload sucks shit
-Canada mag laws

Not exactly my first choice I'd rather my magfed grizzly.
>>
File: KL4lE1g.jpg (185 KB, 950x618) Image search: [Google]
KL4lE1g.jpg
185 KB, 950x618
>>29168248
idk but desu the Chinese flat top is sexy
>>
File: 1435989690486.png (1 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
1435989690486.png
1 MB, 1280x536
>>29168395
>>
File: magwedge.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
magwedge.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
>>29168360
>Canada mag laws
Obviously not great, but LAR-15 magazines with magwedges go a long way
10+10+1 isn't shoddy capacity.
>>
File: T97NSR-A.jpg (98 KB, 1406x679) Image search: [Google]
T97NSR-A.jpg
98 KB, 1406x679
>>29168395
>>29168406
this isn't available, unfortunately nobody will make/bring in an upper like that, which is lower but won't fuck with the original sights

pic related though is supposedly on its way at some point
>>
>>29168454
It is when the reload is shit.
>>
>>29168465
Is that what the Norc FTU looks like? Neat. Have they mentioned if it's interchangable with the standard version? I like the FTU, but it requires permanent modification, and I'm hesitant to do that.
>>29168395
Tfw the lower lacks that angled trigger guard/foregrip now
>The K-12 Puma has it, but apparently the two are not interchangable
What the fuck, man.
>>
>>29168465
How do people get rails on to throw a forward grip on? Just drill and tap a screw in all bubba-like?
>>29168454
Neat that mag-wedges work, but I just rip all my pins out anyway like most people do.
I wonder if there's a decent 5.56 drum that'd work.
>>
>>29168497
Eeeh, true, but 10+1 isn't abysmal.
Could be worse, could be New York

>>29168574
>but I just rip all my pins out anyway like most people do
That's gonna look good in court I bet.
>>
File: T97-with-FTU-installed-side.jpg (71 KB, 1400x558) Image search: [Google]
T97-with-FTU-installed-side.jpg
71 KB, 1400x558
>>29168546
Thats a new prototype type 97 no idea when its coming.
The FTU looks pretty much the same but the charging handle is separated from the op rod.

>>29168574
Yup basically drill and mount a pic rail usually the kind for M16A3 style pic sections.
>>
>>29168248
>HD shotgun
>practical

A carbine, especially a short one, is objectively better for everything but blowing off door hinges. I hate bullpups, but I'd still take one over a shotgun that's low cap, slower follow-up shots, and seriously complicated to reload.
>>
>>29168621
Funny, because I've heard that a shotgun is objectively better, on the grounds that you really only need one shot, and chances are it's gonna be one or two guys anyway, not a real chance of a big firefight in your home up here.
>>29168591
>Implying I don't have a means to rapidly reinsert a simple brass pin kept in the bedroom
>>29168592
How solid would such a mount be? I'd be afraid of it cracking or something.
The aftermarket LHG allows for rail mounting, right? Do those require permanent mods, too? It sucks that the FTU requires it.
>>
>>29168747
The FTU is really solid, I its was really hard to even get off last time I detail stripped it.

LHG Can mount screw on pic sections on the bottom only.
http://www.t97.ca/pdf/T97.ca_LHG_Instructions_With_Product_Data_Sheet.pdf
>>
>>29168465
>>29168406
What sort of optic are they using? And has anyone here seen T97 bayonets?

Matter of fact, the T97 used a proprietary sight, right? Can we get those, the ones that looked kinda like these airshit ones?
>>29168248
>Liking the utterly inferior standard upper
Come on, OP.
>>
>>29168840
Corwin got a few T97 bayonets but there was only a few and they are long gone now.
>>
>>29168835
Oh, yeah, I knew the FTU was solid. And it looks like the LHG doesn't require any permanent mods,which is nice. I was just curious about when people mount rails to the standard lower-it can't be solid.
>>29168840
Eat a dick, I like the look of the standard upper. But I don't want to permenantly mod my gun. If it was reversible, I'd do it.
>>
>>29168248
My buddy got a standard upper T97, and I got to try it out, and I'd say it's be a pretty good HD gun.
+Bullpup balance in the ass end, very maneuverable
+Pretty short, felt good shouldered
+Despite elitist faggots who turn their noses up because "China=cheap", Norinco stuff is pretty good. It felt no worse than your average entry-level AR
+Shot well, though we were more just having fun and trying his new gun, rather than trying to really test the accuracy

-Terrible irons, just utterly horrific.
-Strange control placement takes getting used to
-Hearing the SPRRROOOING of the internal spring when firing triggered my suppressed "CHINA CHEAP CHINK SHIT GUN" autism

Overall, though, a fun gun. Gotta get one myself.
>>
>>29169206
>Norinco stuff is pretty good
Norinco is a collection of gun manufacturers and companies.

Which is a reason why some guns are decent and others are shit.
>>
File: Type97- Jibz 14.jpg (86 KB, 800x554) Image search: [Google]
Type97- Jibz 14.jpg
86 KB, 800x554
>>29168592
I always wonder who installs the canuck FTU on the ones that are being sold pre-made? is it each dealer themselves or the importer or the people that make the FTU? I'd be wondering about the quality of the work, since if they gave it to the mail room guy to do in his spare time and he fucked it up and covered it up, you won't know until it's too late

>>29168574
>How do people get rails on to throw a forward grip on? Just drill and tap a screw in all bubba-like?
the current ones, yes, as for the chink flat top, it comes with bubba pic rail installed for you and maybe even the forward grip, since the Pakistanis can already buy them, there is a guy that did a review on it and he has the same exact thing with the bottom rail and the bipod grip that they have shown on the website

>>29168546
I'm pretty sure the nork minions just designed their own FTU and did the dremel job on the original (at least that's what it looks like to me. since the sight posts are now missing, I'm pretty sure it's not interchangeable with one that still has them, I mean how would you fit it on?

>for more info:
http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?13984-Type97-%28T97NSR-A%29-Reviewed-with-Range-Report&
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.