[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck me, eh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
>be ex-Canadian
>live in glorious Michigan now
>enjoy my scary guns and legal carry
>mom calls me today
>a good friend of hers and his son want to open a gun store and range outside a major city in ON
>there's a lot of gun owners and only one store, and it's in the city, so it's a pretty good market with nobody taking advantage
>they asked her if I would consider moving back and working for them, as I know more about Canadian laws and guns in general
>want me to act as a gunsmith and do case-by-case importation, and just generally help run the place
>I'd need to renew my RPAL and take an official gunsmithing course, but that's no problem

>mfw they say I'm vital to this whole plan and they're not even going to try if I'm not onboard
>mfw I've always wanted to work in a gun store, nevermind helping to run one
>mfw I'm offered a dream job in a really nice place close to my family, but it's in a country where everything is a lot more restricted than I am now accustomed to
>would have to sell the guns I currently have and wouldn't be able to own them anymore (no handguns with <4.14" barrels, no AKs, FALs, or whatever else the RCMP determines too scary)
>Canada just elected an anti-as-fuck PM who vowed to give the RCMP more power in arbitrarily banning shit and is doing things like putting women's groups and "gun safety advocates" on boards to change our gun laws

So tl;dr got an offer for a great job helping to run a gun store where it's pretty much guaranteed to be successful, but it's in fucking Canada

What do
>>
As a side note, anyone know where I can find information for becoming a licensed importer of firearms in Canada? Everything I search for comes up with regulations for individuals. This guy wants his business to be a licensed importer.
>>
>>29166186
avoid, working in a gun store is bad enough, opening one with two people you dont know and have no idea whether or not they have the slightest clue about anything gun related just sounds like a trainwreck

i fail to see how this is a "great job", chances are you dont have a clue how to run any store let alone a gun store.
>>
>>29166265
I do know them, albeit not very well.

They guy already has a small business of his own that's doing fine. He mostly wants to set this up for his son, and also because he likes guns. I totally trust his competency in running the business.

I'll add that I'm unemployed right now, and the jobs I've had since I moved to the US have been shit. I would definitely enjoy working with guns all day and/or doing administrative work.
>>
>>29166186
How did you move to glorious USA?

Also I am canuck with gunsmith experience currently doing machining (CNC and manual). Do they need another guy?
>>
>>29166362
I was lucky enough to be born a dual citizen (Canadian mom, US dad) so when I got sick of Canada I just fucked off 20 minutes across the border.

I don't know, my mother was pretty shitty at explaining the whole thing so i have to wait to talk to the guy and his son. I'm going over there this coming weekend to speak to them and figure out what the plan is.

Do you happen to live near Windsor, ON? This whole thing wouldn't be happening for a while still as it's still in the planning stages. The paperwork to open a gun store takes a while, nevermind that of opening a range and import business.
>>
>>29166428
>dual citizen
Literally my dream.

>Windsor
I'm a few hours away but I've been setting up to keep my shit mobile so I could move on a fairly short notice.

Want chat over email or something?
>>
>>29166455
Sure buddy

[email protected]
>>
>>29166503
Sent.
>>
>>29166186
It would be an opportunity only few of us get. If you guys get certified for LEO/movie business you can deal with prohibs, which would be a bonus if you have a range on-site. As far as firearms enjoyment, you'd be taken care of.

As far as dealing with the rest of Canada and its bullshit, that's up to you. This fucking place has gone full SJW with the election of Trudeau, and within a single year we're already looking at a $30 billion deficit. Some news outlets are saying $160 billion in new debt by his 4th year. Then there's Wynne on top of that.

Personally, I'd stay in the US.
>>
>>29166675
Not op but sould I move back to the United States.
>>
I wouldn't go back. It's a hard business to get into. What qualifications does these friends have when it comes to running a business? Plus you are giving up freedom. Unless you are sure it's a financially good idea don't bother
>>
How far would you have to travel if you wanted to drive to work each day, or is it so far it's not even viable?
I want to go to the USA and the idea of moving back would just be bizarre.
>>
>>29166675
Yeah, the political situation is pretty fucked up and that's mostly what's giving me a pause. If this would have happened a few years ago I would've jumped on board without hesitation. Oh well, Canada's going to Canada.

I do live really close to the border, so living over here and just driving across every day would still be an option. It would be about a ~40 min - 1 hour commute depending on traffic. Thousands of people do it here every day so it can't be that bad.

>>29166750
He knows what he's doing when it comes to running a business. If he was just some guy who said "hey let's open a gun store" I wouldn't even consider it. He knows enough about business and guns to give it a good shot, so I'm interested.
>>
>>29166770
since you seem so dead set on doing it, just go do it, if it crashes and burns well i hear ontario has some decent heroin and alleys
>>
>>29166675

Move to Alberta yet, you full of shit trip poster?

You swore up and down you'd move. Put your money where your mouth is you fucking hypocrite
>>
>>29166767
About an hour each way, maybe a little less.

>>29166814
Not really dead set, just optimistic I guess. Still really torn about moving back there, or at least having to drive there and work every day, and deal with all the gun BS Canada is known for.

Shit for all I know this might not even make it off the ground. Who knows.
>>
>>29166186
do it. keep a house in Michigan and rent it out so as to be able to afford not living there, in case you ever have the urge to leave.
>>
>>29166186
go open a gun store with that /k/ommando over in Minnesota

I think he wanted to open it within the next year or two
>>
File: captain_canuck.jpg (184 KB, 301x441) Image search: [Google]
captain_canuck.jpg
184 KB, 301x441
>>29166186
come back to Ontario and contribute to making the shitty province great again by helping to open another range and getting more people involved in the sport/making it more accessible/etc. etc.

if you stay in the states you are just helping yourself, while if you come and one more range opens in the shittiest most sjw province in the country (2nd only to Quebec), you are making a positive difference to the firearms culture in your country
>>
>>29166935
>range
I meant store
>>
>>29166935
>>29166944
Store and range is the plan.
>>
>>29166837
>About an hour each way, maybe a little less.
Then why not? You don't have to move back, just get your PAL renewed and work there while staying in the USA.
>>
>>29166186
I was my own boss once, and that guy was a fucking asshole slavedriver.

I hate to be a that killjoy guy, but working in a business where you're involved in a beloved pastime can be a double edged sword, especially if that business is retail. BTDT.
>>
File: captain canuck.jpg (283 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
captain canuck.jpg
283 KB, 900x1366
>>29166955
even better
besides, you will be able to buy anything you want at cost, play with any Canada-legal firearm and if you get a prohib licence like Marstar and a few other places have
>which shouldn't be an issue for a store, after all, you are a seller, as long as there are people with prohib licenses and movie studios with their special privileges, you should be able to provide a service that meets that demand
you should be able to play with no-limit mags, FALs, AKs, PPSh, etc. and anything else that's prohibited but available for sale to people with prohibited licenses (don't believe me, go look at Marstar website, I bet those guys have a lot of fun making promos for their FA section)

you can also create an informative and friendly to ignorant noguns youtube channel to educate people, make reviews and shit for hasguns and wantguns, have more fun with your access to more firearms and open up another stream of revenue for yourself/store if the channel takes off
tl;dr
>>
File: just do it.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
just do it.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
>>29167049
>tl;dr: JUST DO IT
>>
>>29166935
This, help Captain Canuck cuck the Turdmeister
>>
>>29166833
Are you that butthurt about him you need to cry in every Canada thread?
>>
>>29166186
Commute over the border and live free or DIE hard
>>
>>29166770
I'd commute if I were you, keeping your funs in your home. I also doubt they'd need you every day, and they'd understand if you couldn't make it in due to some border bullshit I'd assume.
>>
>>29166955
/k/uckbeck fag here.

Are range in Ontario allowed to make a profit or is it like here where a range can't be owned and every pennies made must all be reinvested into the range?
>>
>>29166186
stay in usa

t. Ottawafag
>>
>>29167049
I though prohibited license where hard to get.
>>
>>29171671
Civilian prohibited license are impossible to get if you didn't have prohibited when the law passed.

But commercial vault license allow to store a certain number or prohibited into your store vault.
>>
>>29171671
Business licenses are different. It's still totally arbitrary, but most CFOs don't seem to have an issue handing out business licenses.
>>
>>29166186
Best gun I can get with out a license?
Also wondering if I can get a cross bow without a pal too.
>>
>>29166186
1. Buy SVT40s, SKSs, etc
2. Drive south
3. ?????
4. Profit
Flood the market with the scary Soviet rifles
>>
>>29172720
None and no.

No PAL? Bow and black powder.
>>
File: Pandemonium[1].jpg (175 KB, 1800x1198) Image search: [Google]
Pandemonium[1].jpg
175 KB, 1800x1198
Tough one, OP. I do not envy your position.

"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven." John Milton, Paradise Lost
>>
>>29166837
Dude, an hour commute for your dream job is definitely worth it. Commute.
>>
>>29172720
Best without a license? Antique Webley.

Cheap and still good? Antique 1894 Winchester.
>>
>>29173700
If you want new production then it needs to be reproduction of a flintlock or earlier rifle design.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.