[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/, do tripods increase the muzzle velocity of machine g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
So /k/, do tripods increase the muzzle velocity of machine guns?

Because this guy certainly thinks they do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivYlHU0Zi-I
>>
Tripod mounted machine guns ARE more effective than an unmonted one, but not in the way he's speaking of.
>>
>>29165419
Obviously, you've been using the wrong tripods, then.
>>
>>29165419

He literally never says that in the video.
>>
>>29165544
he literally says that the tripod will prevent the bullet loosing energy to recoil, thus being more powerfull. which is correct, but completely insignificant, and some tripods have more movement than firing it from bipod, (mg42)
>>
>>29165591

When in the video does he say this?
>>
>>29165591
5 mins
https://youtu.be/ivYlHU0Zi-I?t=300
>>
>>29165652

He does say "slightly" more powerful, so he's still correct.
>>
>>29165670
not generally speaking. depends on the gun. and its a completely retarded point to bring up. its like saying fat people are at an advantage when shooting. because the bullet will travel 0.0001 m/s faster.
did they even use the lmg mmg hmg definitions in ww2?
>>
>>29165419
physics wise he's correct, but the increase is negligible.
>>
This thread gave me autism.
>>
>>29165591
This.

In pure physical, mathematical terms, any cartridge will have a higher velocity when fired from a fixed (or close to it) weapon, but the implication that the slight additional velocity makes a bullet any more lethal is pants on head retarded
>>
>>29165419
He's a brit, he's probably never even held a real gun.
>>
>>29165591
>>29166398
the bullet leaves before the gun moves even a millimeter

you can't even measure the slight increase in velocity
>>
File: dfsadsf.gif (3 MB, 445x247) Image search: [Google]
dfsadsf.gif
3 MB, 445x247
>>29165419
>mfw he said that retarded shit just to watch /k/ sperg out
>>
>>29169400

>the bullet leaves before the gun moves even a millimeter
It doesn't matter how much the gun moved, but how much total acceleration the bullet applied to it.
>>
>>29165419
>>29165652
He's talking about recoil you damn autists. He says more powerful because it makes you more powerful and useful with the MG.
>>
>>29167267

IIRC he was a reservist (not quite sure that's the right term)
>>
>>29165419

Holy crap that is a tiny washing machine.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.