[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying my first gun, going with a handgun and I'd like it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Tealk.jpg (67 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
Tealk.jpg
67 KB, 400x550
Buying my first gun, going with a handgun and I'd like it chambered in 9mm.
I have a maximum of $600 to spend. I'm leaning towards a Glock 19 Gen 4 after seeing so many good reviews on it. Seems like Glock is the Coca Cola of handguns? What other brands should I consider? The dealer I'm going to has a variety, they have FN's, HK's Springfield's and S&W's.
>>
File: 1447807499664.jpg (642 KB, 2200x1467) Image search: [Google]
1447807499664.jpg
642 KB, 2200x1467
>>29162743
Just get a Glock 19.
>>
>>29162743
Glock 19 is a great first handgun
>no small parts to fuck up
>good capacity
>aftermarket
>good spare parts distribution

To be honest G19 is a perfect first handgun.
>>
9mm won't penetrate goa'uld armor but the Glock 19 is a good gun
>>
>>29162783
They killed plenty of jaffaa with 92fs
>>
The dealer I'm going to is asking 545 for their 19's, from what I've seen, this seems like a pretty good price, would you guys agree? Comes with the case and 3 mags.
>>
>>29162743
Glock 27 Gen 4
>>
File: 1456970484705.jpg (230 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1456970484705.jpg
230 KB, 640x960
My first handgun was a Glock 19, feels good in hand, simple and lots of aftermarket options. Would recommend.

I paid 520 for a gen 3 few months ago, California fag here.
>>
G19 is an excellent choice. It is also one of the best carry guns you will find if so inclined.

Other options you may consider in your price range:

Beretta 92 series
CZ 75
Tanfoglio
Used / police trade in Sig 226s or 229s
Rock Island 1911s in 9mm
Ruger American
Smith and Wesson M&P

If you qualify or know somebody who qualifies for the Glock "Blue Label" program, get them to buy one from that and then have them sell it to you down the road.

https://us.glock.com/bluelabel
>>
>>29162810
>The dealer I'm going to is asking 545 for their 19's, from what I've seen, this seems like a pretty good price, would you guys agree?
A little on the high side but if you like the guys go for it. See if you can have them throw in a box of 9mm
>Comes with the case and 3 mags.
Thats standard
>>
File: IMAG0193[1].jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0193[1].jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>29162743
Get a large frame EAA witness, as a added bonus you can convert it to almost any handgun caliber imaginable with just a drop in slide.
>>
plasma rifle in the 40-watt range
>>
>>29163003
>wanting a gun that regularly cracks its frame
>>
>>29162743

Just get a Glock 19

But you can also look at the FNS9 and S&W, of those two I'd rather have the FNS but some people really just like the way the S&W feels in hand better than a Glock.

I'd still recommend the Glock 19 for multiple reasons but one big one is availability of factory 33 round magazines. If you only have one gun, might as well give it the ability to be a capacity monster. They're around 50 bucks but with your budget you should have enough for the gun (Gen 4 comes with 3 15rd mags) plus a 33 rounder.
>>
>>29162743
SP2022

People may bash it for being "bargian bin" but its Sig quality at a great price point.
>>
If I had the money, not even a herd of wild equines could keep me from purchasing a Jerico in .40
>>
>>29165055

There was one on the arfcom EE for months at $375 shipped, steel frame too.
>>
FNS-9
Thats all I'm going to say. If you want smaller, get the FNS-9c.
>>
>>29164288
my local earthgov shop only has 30-watt
>>
>>29164311
oh hey look, it's THAT meme

the only ones with a cracked frame issue was the ROUND slide 10mm, they don't make those anymore, the newer ones have heavier stronger sqaured frames that can take the abuse of 10mm with their stock springs.

you could also just update the fucking spings if you get the 10mm round slides.
>>
>>29162743
>not using a Zat

Absolutely shol'va
>>
>>29162855
>all great options...

Isn't there a /k approved 9mm picture out there?
>>
Carry piece or range gun to train with and HD primarily?

If carry, I'd recommend looking at the Beretta Nano and the G26. I will say, as the owner of a G27, that it is thicker, and harder to CC keeping it from printing, especially for someone new to CCing.

If the latter, get something inexpensive and spend the rest on the cheapest ammo you can source and some training. Maybe not hi-point level, but used(like police trade-in) Glock, a Turk copy CZ 75, etc.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.