[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dun goofed /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I got some creation mags for my al yesterday and the first one fit perfectly did t even think anything about em. Decided to try and fit them all before I actually took them to a range this weekend.
Well three fit perfectly. One stuck a bit when trying to release and one wouldn't even catch the mag holder at all.
Whip out a file and go to town
First one fits perfectly and now gonna file down the mag catch on the one that wouldn't even latch
After about 30 mins of filing, gonna test it again.
Missed the front mag catch and the whole mag slips when I jerk it back and the edge I put on it slaps me on the nuckle...
It's about a 1/4 inch deep
And won't stop bleeding

So how's your day?
Anyone else have problems with Croatian shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
After I cleaned it a bit
It's deep as shit. I can see bone if I separate the skin I'm just trying to keep edges approximated at this point
>>
>>29138423

>wont stop bleeding

dab wound with alcohol, use a non-stick dressing and tape it down gently so its easy to take off.
>>
>>29138423
Drink some fucking water faggotboy.
>>
>>29138433

much more likely you can see adipose or possibly ligament/tendon. if it was bone deep the bleeding would be severe and you'd probably be in the ER
>>
>>29138440
Yea I used antibacterial ointment I had and I have had to change gauss on it like three times in the last 10 mins.
>>
>>29138454

go to urgent care and get stitches if its bleeding that fast. also, put new gauze ontop of old instead of removing them so you stop disrupting clot formation
>>
Clean it with alcohol, and tape/super glue it shut.
>>
>>29138450
Yea the wife wants me to go to the Er, but I know what they are gonna do
>flush with saline, (done)
>match edges (done)
>cover in antibiotics (done)
>use steri strips to keep closed (trying to avoid wasting the strips I have)
>put me on oral antibiotics (have trying not to waste)
>and charge me 5000 bucks
>>
>>29138485

you have health insurance, they wont charge you $5000

>what is obamacare
>>
I don't need med help.
Anyone have problems with Croatian crap? Is it all problematic? First time I've bought anything from former Yugoslavians
>>
I cut my finger like that the other day on a pocket knife

suck it up
>>
>>29138488
Loll lol ok even if I had shitcare I'm sure 5000 would t even be close to my cap.
>>
>>29138498

>buys cheap shit

>fucks up hand

>doesnt know how to dress a wound

>doesnt know how to control bleeding

>thinks people get oral abx for minor lacs

>i dont need med help

there is more wrong with you than your hand
>>
>>29138512
Not here to whine I'm asking if anyone has had problems with Croatian shit?
>>
>>29138516

>what is a copay

how are you this retarded? have you ever been to urgent care/ER?

you need stitches not an MRI you sperg
>>
>>29138540
And you have obviously never been to an Er since the A.C.A was passed.
An MRI costs closer to 7k
The visit will cost close to 3
The stitches 300 the script will be another 500
Then factor in everything they use to clean wound, were sitting close to 5k
>>
>>29138558

>i dont have shit insurance

>i just know how much obamacare runs

poor and retarded, congrats

if you have real insurance a trip to the ER for stitches will only run you $150 or so
>>
>>29138572
>refusal to join an illegal list
>informed about the system

Congrats on drinking the water
>>
>>29138558
>An MRI costs closer to 7k

So how come mine was slightly over $1000 when I went to the ER a few years back?

Get out of here with your bullshit made up numbers.
>>
>>29138612
>a few years back

About 7?
>>
>>29138423
>1/4" deep on the knuckle

you godamn fatass fatty
>>
Chopped off the tip of my finger and went to ER. flushed it with salene noose stitched the bitch and gave me antibiotics. 2800 dollars. this was about 5 years ago its only more expensive now.
>>
>>29138612
Not him, but inb4 Obama care, a hospital wanted to charge me around $2,000 for the MRI of my knee. That was the imaging and having a doctor look at the imaging to determine what was wrong.

That was only because they billed me directly instead of my insurance because the billing staff was a bunch of retards.
>>
>>29138433

Rub some dirt on it and walk it off faggit.
>>
>>29138660
iirc my copay was $50.
kek
>>
>>29138423
It doesn't look too bad. I hit my hand with an axe chopping kindling a month ago and got a half inch cut on my index finger. The cut was deep and flapped open a bunch of skin to my knuckle It took 3 weeks but it finally sealed up.

The main thing is to keep it clean and dry. Mine bled for 3 days and leaked plasma for 2 weeks. At least yours isn't on a joint.
>>
>>29138423
>So how's your day?
Worst is over, gave like a 20min speech at a chamber of commerce meeting today. I hate public speaking.
Quiet day otherwise, so just chlling, browsing /k/ and playing some FTL since I'm stuck at work till 5.
>>
>>29138485
>(trying to avoid wasting the strips I have)
You realize they cost like $5 right. And that they're for exactly this sort of thing.
>>
File: 1426443955638.jpg (34 KB, 230x216) Image search: [Google]
1426443955638.jpg
34 KB, 230x216
>americans can cut their finger down to the bone but cant go to the ER because its too expensive
>>
>>29138423
After you get the wound cleaned and closed with butterfly bandages, (Or better yet, some home made stitches), be sure to immobilize the finger by taping a long pencil under the finger and to your palm. Make sure you don't keep spreading the skin apart, pretty much, otherwise it will heal way slower and will look fucking retarded.
>>
>>29138540
Hospitals won't accept every Healthcare provider
>>
>>29138608

reading is hard, the post
>>
>>29139463

unless you have some obscure random insurance they will, even if you're out of system typically a patient advocate will try and coordinate with the insurance company and make it happen
>>
>>29138940
>going to the ER for a cut finger.

Clean it, glue it, drink a beer.
>>
>>29138647
Odd. Got shitcare here
>lop off the top of my finger from right end of nail to left starting area of nail
>bone easily visible and tendons a bit torn
>saline, sterilize, stitch
$250 year and a half ago.
>>
>>29138900
Damn what was your speech about?
>>
>>29138488
>What is Obamacare
Expensive for normal people. You're either underage or a deadbeat if you don't understand this.
>>
>>29138924
Yea but I just didn't think it was bad enough to warrant using strips. It clotted shut.
>>
Put superglue on it and leave it alone wuss.
>>
>>29140338
Ok. Heres what i'm not getting. Why not just use some strips? They're like $5 so its not like you'll go broke if you do. You are stupid enough to misidentify adipose tissue for bone so you must have been thinking its a gruesome wound that should be close immediately why not use the strips? Or superglue. Or duct tape. Or literally anything other than an open wound where you just assumed muscle was cut. Its like you're just a massive idiot or something.
>>
>>29140332

insurance is expensive regardless of how you get it
>>
File: download (3).jpg (11 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
11 KB, 268x188
Mfw I'm Canadian and my medical care is free.
>>
>>29141127
There is no such thing as free. You and others paid for it in taxes, creating a system where there is no need to worry about being covered because the bulk pays and some can slip through. Good for you guys though.
>>
>>29141163
True, I knew that. But at least it feels like it. Also a cut hand is not a financial crisis.
>>
>>29141163

this

>>29141127

its free when you can get it, your wait times are atrocious. there is a reason canadians with money cross the border for healthcare. not to mention your govt shafting your docs, physician strikes and an ever increasing number of canadian students going to med school in the US

but do go on about your awesome national healthcare
>>
>>29141183
A cut hand shouldn't. The guy above is either an absolute idiot or is refusing to take the cheap healthcare offered to him cause its obviously a gubment conspeerusee for dem der mexi-cans.
>>
>>29138423
New production croatian mags are trash and not worth buying. I had the same issues.
>>
>>29138433
this doesn't look severe enough for stitches to me.

but I'm not an MD
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.