[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that guy at the range safety class who wants everybody to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 1456187511019.jpg (245 KB, 570x845) Image search: [Google]
1456187511019.jpg
245 KB, 570x845
>that guy at the range safety class who wants everybody to know he has M855
>the same guy at the range safety class who doesn't understand why you can't fire loose black powder in an indoor range
>same guy again who wanted the whole class to kmow that 9x18 exists because he has a soviet Era Makarov
>that one old lady who is scared shitless and makes it as convuluted and complicated as possible when asking when she knows the range is hot
>the same guy as before who says he reloads 5.56 to "mil spec"
>>
>>29138059
>why you can't fire loose black powder in an indoor range
remind me
>>
kill them all johnny
>>
>>29138074

It's bad for the ventilation and they don't want loose black powder floating around.
>>
File: 1346735425068.jpg (218 KB, 451x700) Image search: [Google]
1346735425068.jpg
218 KB, 451x700
>>29138074

Because they're a bunch of pussies with no sense of adventure.
>>
>>29138059
>that guy that reads the people around him and either minds his own business or engages in gratuitous amounts of chatting and gun swapping between range members
>>
>>29138074
It lingers in the air and can start fires.
>>
>>29138059
>That guy who takes the bench right next to you despite half a dozen others being open just so he can bitch at you for slinging brass on him
>>
>>29138397

>he's the same guy who'll get in the urinal right next to you
>>
>that guy that sets up to the left of someone when they're shooting a semi-auto rifle when there's plenty of empty lanes to the right of said person
>>
>>29138417
>he's also the same guy that steals your brass and tries to look at your dick without asking.
>>
>>29138385

I like that guy. He lets you play with his toys.
>>
>>29138059
>absolutely
>not frankly

You could have done so well...
>>
>>29138429
>Brass goblins
Goddamn they're more annoying than I'd imagine. I don't have any qualms with letting someone have my brass if they ask. I don't have a big time reloading setup and only the obscure rounds I keep to attempt to reload. .303 mostly. But hey, with them around at least I don't have to worry about sweeping up around my bench. Even caught one behind the ear with a .30-06 case. I was about to punch him when he reached for my en bloc clips though.
>>
>that guy on the end of the range next to the wall shooting a 12 gauge so it sounds like arty
>that guy who shoots something in a weird caliber then bitches that the store doesn't have it
>that guy who follows you around giving you the "can I shoot it too" look
>>
>>29138417
>empty parking lot
>has to park right next to your car so close you can't open your door
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 300x224
>>29138434
>overbuilt range queen of a rifle
>tacticool out the ass
>it's his gun and he's having trouble even shooting comfortably let alone accurately
>yeh it's my baby. I love this gun to death. You wanna shoot it?
>naw that's fine I appreciate it though
>no I insist.

Fuck that guy. I'll talk to you all day about whatever but don't offer people the chance to shoot your gun when you can't even get the piece of shit zeroed because trying to get it comfortably shouldered and look down the glass is harder than trying to finger bang a walrus with rabies
>>
>that guy that shoots once or twice then walks up and down the firing lane asking people if they're keeping their brass
>>
>>29138463
You don't touch a man's clips. He should know that.

I let a guy shoot a cylinder of .357 out of my Dan Wesson and he reached his hand out to me for more ammo.
>>
>>29138531
Sounds like a personal problem, man. You should get it looked at.
>>
>>29138463

>taking someone's en bloc clips

Do people seriously think people are throwing them away? Or are they just engaging in gratuitous theft?
>>
File: 1437968706635.jpg (57 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1437968706635.jpg
57 KB, 600x338
>>29138463
>I was about to punch him when he reached for my en bloc clips though.

We actually had a guy at my range who tried this.

>Range owner is a really nice Korean war vet.
>He makes sure that the RO's aren't dicks and is pretty lenient with the rules.
>Eventually this one scum sucking little shit shows up.
>Constantly went around taking people's brass.
>RO gets on his ass after half a dozen complaints.
>Owner comes out and tells RO to lay off, tells the shithead to ask before taking brass.
>Shithead goes back to stealing brass, he just get's sneakier about it.
>One day owner is out shooting his garand.
>little shit must not have recognized him because he tried to swipe a loaded garand clip off his table.
>Owner doesn't say anything, just buttstrokes his face.
>Shithead curls over clutching his bloodied face.
>Owner just stares down at him.
>Realize I've never seen the owner angry before now.
>RO comes over and just drags him away
>Never seen again.
>everyone at the range's face when.
>>
>>29138573
Really it was just a shitty experience with one guy and his bullshit rifle but fuck if that shit didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth
>>
>>29138531
>take new shotgun to the range to test it out
>guys think it looks cool and wants to try it
>the gun turns out to be a piece of shit and I look like a retard using it because it is literally my first time firing it

It worked fine with dummy shells, but the expansion on live casing combine with an unpolished chamber caused them to jam and forced me to break the action over my knee to open it.

Felt like a retard, stupid gun.
>>
>>29138592
>>Owner doesn't say anything, just buttstrokes his face.
holy shit, that's fucking great.
our range sells some .300 blackout and .223 brass, new and cheap too, but we still get brass goblins.
>>
>>29138592
Goddamn. Daily reminder that there was once a generation that didn't take shit.

I fit a brass catcher on my AR for this exact reason. Makes cleanup easy too.
>>
>>29138614
Shit happens but you didn't know any better. This guy had been bitching to his wife quietly(based electronic ear pro) that he couldn't get a good cheek weld and look down the scope and then wants to act like its the best rifle he's ever shot. That thing needed atleast two inches of riser for the glass with how high the cheek piece was on his rifle for it to be comfortable
>>
>>29138059
>at indoor range
>shooting my M&P9
>young guy comes in, unpacks an S&W Model 10 and a ziploc of ammo
>ayy M&Pbro
>he starts setting up his target and I get back to shooting
>hear a shot next to me
>cloud of smoke is wafting in front of the guy's stall
>turn and look, thinking something accidentally
>guy takes another shot
>more fucking smoke
>RO runs in screaming at the guy to stop shooting and explains, via lots of profanity, why he can't be shooting BP in an indoor range
>young guy seems genuinely confused and apologetic

The range kind of overreacted and now only lets members shoot reloads.
>>
>>29138434
I am that guy. I like watching other people play with my stuff almost more than shooting myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 421x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 421x347
>>29138709
Talk about ruining it for everyone...
>>
>>29138463
I do a lot of shooting at a local gravel pit, and there's this one guy who always comes by with a bucket and asks people if they want their brass. I don't reload so I always tell him he can have it. What pisses me off is that he just sits on the cement divider next to me watching the whole time and waiting for a pile of brass to accumulate, and he'll randomly just sit there, take off his ear pro, and have a smoke/play on his phone. I know it's his own fault if he wants to sit next to me while I'm firing a rifle and take off his ear pro, but I still feel bad and don't want to shoot when he does this shit.
>>
>>29138745
>bring shotgun/highest caliber you have
>also bring rifle
>when he takes his shit off, switch to shotgun and fire
>he permanently gets the EEEEE
>no longer bugs anyone at the range
>you are not legally responsible for his retardation
>mission success
>>
>>29138603
Fair enough. People should have their shit together before offering others to shoot it. That said, everyone's setup is personalized and may not be comfortable for others.

I know everyone that's shot my rifle really didn't like my offset scope
>>
>>29138745
Just tell him to put his shit on...if he doesn't, bang away until he fucks off.
>>
>>29138745
dont feel bad. if his hearing starts to hurt, he'll put his ear pro back on. if not, hes a grown man (assuming he is in fact a grown man)
>>
>>29138766
Or mix some berdan and boxer primed brass in your mags
>>
>>29138766
I had a ported 12ga I would shoot clays with. It didn't seem to bug him any more than the AR.

>>29138771
I tell him nicely he should put his ear pro on but he says "no it's okay, I don't mind". Doesn't help.

>>29138784
It's more the permanent damage I know it's doing to his hearing that bugs me. Even if he's used to it and it isn't physically painful anymore it's still fucking his shit up long term.
>>
>>29138784
And yeah he's a grown man, in his late 30s/mid 40s
>>
>>29138654
>hurr muh generations

Fuck off faggot
>>
>>29138716
fucking cuck
>>
>>29138845
Hey now, it's my guns, not my gf.
I'm shooting their stuff too, but I just love hearing people opinions since practically nobody around here but me owns the guns I have.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.