[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beretta 92FS mods?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
Just got this, any good mods?
Grips, springs etc
>>
>>29125064
D spring replacer, Hogue front wrap grips, and 30 round beretta factory mags.
/thread/
>>
>>29125073
30 round? I was going to keep it to 17
>>
>>29125064
They make a guide rod that doubles up as a laser around $400.
>>
Why dont you just fucking shoot it first.
>>
File: 18.jpg (203 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
203 KB, 800x600
>>29125064
Definitely get the below:
1. Wilson Combat Low Profile Safety
2. Beretta factory 'D' spring

After that, the pistol is perfect.
>>
File: 20150513_212639.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150513_212639.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>29126358
The only 2 upgrades you need, seriously. The WC low profile safety or an equivalant should come standard on all 92.
>>
File: DSCF0037.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0037.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
>>29126235
/thread

Change what you don't like. If you do goofy mods you're gonna have a goofy 92 like the stars weeb
>>
>>29125064
I did:
>D spring
>Beretta extended mag release
>VZ grips
>WC guide rod

Others are suggesting the WC safety, but it doesn't bother me. As >>29126462 said, deal with it as you need to, I only changed things based on how I felt about the gun and what research I did.

Oh, and 18rd flush-fit MecGar mags. I have five of them and only use them, the factory 15 rounders will probably go in the trash next time I see them. Never had a single issue in thousands of rounds and they're pretty damn cheap.
>>
threaded barrel OR a conical bushing from Beretta or WAL
>>
>>29125091
They are more accurately 32 rounders.
But as far as extended mags go, they also have factory 20's and I think Mecgar has some flush fit 18's
>>
>>29125091
Never rode on 18's or twankies?
>>
>>29126572
Lazy and didnt see any quick results. How does one install a conical bushing?
>>
>>29126866
Carefully
>>
>>29126509
so you did shoot it first?
>>
>>29125064
On my list to add is the Wilson Combat action kit & short reach trigger along with Cylinder & Slide match sear. Still undecided on grips
>>
>>29127330
Of course, and it was my first Beretta 92 model, but not the first I'd shot anyway.

I found the grips to suck (especially in 100F weather with sweaty hands) and a tad too thick. The DA trigger was, as I remembered, terrible. The mag release was puny, and the guide rod, quite frankly, just plain bothered me. For what I consider one of the sexiest guns out there, an anemic, plastic guide rod reminiscent of a toy dart seemed so out of place. Whether or not it affords the benefits that WC advertises, I don't know, but it is easier to clean. The 18rd MecGar mags were just a no-brainer.

I could do a skeletonized hammer, a new barrel, install a WC trigger and I'm sure there's other mods, I just don't recall them currently. But to me, the gun is fantastic now, and as it should be.

>>29127378
>Still undecided on grips
This is arguably one of the most swapped parts. The stock grips suck compared to everything else out there.
>>
>>29127525
Agreed on grips. Not sure if WC because of thinness, Pachmayr Renegades, or some plain jane checkered walnut. Anybody have favorite grips?
>>
>>29127801
I went with VZ Grips, which is what WC uses (they just put their emblem in them). It's all about your fit, but they're hard to take a gamble on with the price. Personally I thought the thickness of the stock grips was fine, and I didn't know the VZs were thinner. When I got them it was obvious, but it turned out to be more comfortable... YMMV.
>>
i like the look of wood grips but fwiw, the houges are super comfy
>>
File: My SE.jpg (252 KB, 1040x780) Image search: [Google]
My SE.jpg
252 KB, 1040x780
>>29126462
Fuck you, mang.

I love my gun. :)
>>
>>29125064
Brigadier slide is pretty cool, but probably not necessary.

>>29125091
The 32rd and 20rd mags are fun range toys.
Springs are a bit stiff on the 32 but once broken in they're easier to load.
If you have a Beretta Storm carbine, they're way more important, 17rd mags are just fine for a general purpose pistol.

>>29126235
What says he hasn't?

>>29126462
>If you do goofy mods you're gonna have a goofy 92 like the stars weeb
>implying the S.T.A.R.S Beretta isn't the tightest shit
>implying there's anything wrong with a novelty gun
You're just jelly because you don't have a cool gat like him.

>>29127849
Sup hombre, still waiting on those crunk grips?
>>
>>29125064
>goofy
If money was no objective Wilson Combat parts throughout, add a threaded barrel, then get checkering done to the front strap and the front sight drilled for fiber/tritium
>>
File: Compact.jpg (252 KB, 1040x780) Image search: [Google]
Compact.jpg
252 KB, 1040x780
>>29128770
>Sup hombre, still waiting on those crunk grips?
I'm pretty sure at this point I've died and gone to hell. My punishment is waiting for my grips for all eternity.

Nah, the guy from DS has just had some serious problems in the past few months, delaying my shit.

But I am patient.
>>
>>29130073
If you do get them, take lots of hi-res pics.

Actually, would you be willing to come to /vr/ some time and take some pics for us when that happens? Might be cool to be able to put the Samurai Edge, a real, genuine one, in Doom.

I'm sure they would be interested in seeing it in the Resident Evil threads as well.
>>
>>29130268
Sure thing. I actually got a decent camera recently, so you can guarantee I'll be taking a million pictures.
>>
>>29127801
I put in walnut because wood + steel = sexy
>>
File: 20160113_111839_partial_serial.jpg (765 KB, 2055x1156) Image search: [Google]
20160113_111839_partial_serial.jpg
765 KB, 2055x1156
What do you guys recommend for light-carrying holsters?
>>
Hey, speaking of grips and mods and shit... I like to whittle sometimes. Anyone know where I can pick up blanks for grips? So I can whittle my own patterns, and minor alterations without having to carve out the necessary grooves and edges first.
>>
File: presenting.png (157 KB, 616x214) Image search: [Google]
presenting.png
157 KB, 616x214
>>29127849
>>29128770
>>
>>29131676
Not much help but some user on AKfiles states LOK Grips were willing to send some blanks. I have no idea and too lazy to read the thread
>>
>>29130821
>I put in walnut because wood + steel = sexy

/this. Beretta factory wood is berry nice.
>>
What difference in thickness are we talking between the VC/WC and the stock grips?
>>
Anyone have any leads on smooth side grips for Revy to get put onto?
>>
Can you put most parts into a pt92 also? Slide safeties bother me an irrational amount on full sized guns
>>
>>29135673
>slide safeties bother me
Why is that? Honestly curious.
>>
>>29135673
>>29135708
What is with children and the hate for slide safteys? This is one meme i will just never understand
>>
>>29135708
I honestly have no idea, I know you really have to try to put it on safe while racking it so that's not the problem. I'd say it's an aesthetic thing but I don't mind slide safeties on pocket guns, just full-size.

Maybe it's just the m9/92sf slide safety. I know that's really nit picky but it's really one of the only issues I have with them. I think they're great handguns otherwise
>>
>>29135726
>I know you really have to try to put it on safe while racking it so that's not the problem.
.... i dont follow, what are you trying to say here?
>>
>>29135726
Just a weird personal preference?
Like how I can't stand the stainless or nickel look of a 92fs.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 720x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 720x665
>gun kata compensator
I am a fucking idiot for wanting this.
>>
>>29135733
Yeah probably. I generally dislike stainless finishes on guns also. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it and I've never had a problem while carrying it. Just irks me a bit you know

>>29135732
Sorry my thoughts were jumbled together. A few less gun savy friends I have think you could put it onto safe accidentally when you rack the slide back. It's never an issue I've seen but it's what some of them complain about.
>>
>>29135749
>activating safety while racking the slide
In five years that's never happened to me. Weird shit senpai.
>>
for reasons that are 100% unrelated to having a samurai edge, where one would find brigadier slides and stainless steel barrels and how much shekels would I have to dish out for such things?
>>
>>29135749
>think you could put it onto safe accidentally when you rack the slide back.
That is silly as fuck. Racking it with the saftey on loads a round and decocks the hammer. Would take.a hella stupid hand movement to somehow get it back onto saftey even if it was on fire.
>>
>>29135790
for reasons 100% relating TO having a samurai edge I must also know where to find brig slides

also you can make the factory barrel stainless yourself with vinegar, metal polish and steel wool
but it's probably better in the long run you just buy an inox barrel for 100$
>>
>>29135736
Having a slab sided 92fs without rollmark would be pretty cool. Like shooting a hair dryer
>>
>>29135749
it's not a real issue
what happens is people feel the safety when they rack it
and they think "huh I wonder if I might engage the safety while my fingers are here"
then they consciously do that and think they will of course do it unconsciously
it's like unconsciously activating the safely while reloading a AR
yes it's possible but it really requires you putting effort into actuating the switches
>>
Any good threaded barrels?
I'd rather have a second barrel instead of threading mine.
>>
>>29138761
I wanna say Wilson makes one but I'm not sure honestly.
>>
>>29138761
KKM is where i would start. Most parts/gun retailers are out of stock by the look of it
>>
>>29135726
try it for 5 minutes and that shit will wash away
>>
>>29136105
its a lot easier to to just use a regular slide and have it cut than it is to wait for a slide to come up for sale, then end up sitting on another slide or trying to sell it. that extra 1mm/1oz isnt that important.

if you needed a centurian, L or compact that would be different.
>>
>>29136880
I like converted D slides. still have the roll marks, but no controls on the slide. hell regular Ds with aftermarket hammers are pretty nice
>>
Yeah just get rid of it....na, just foolin'. It's a fantastic weapon if you want a full size pistol with a smooth as silk action, and that is accurate to boot.
>>
>>29135796
No ots not about racking it with the safety on. Its gross motor skilll faggots who think you need to hamfist the slide in stead of using the slide release.

>gun jams/is empty
>reload/clear jam by by overhand grabbing slide
>dont realise you accidently pushed the safety down
>pull trigger nothing happens
>die
>and you prolly dont profit

Granted ive never accidently activated the safety on mine, but thats the concern.
>>
>>29136900
I dunno ive seen some people grab the slide in really dumb ways. And the people who always try to deactivate the safety by pushing up on it with the tip of there thumb, but aftet i show them how to swipe it with their thumb they release the hate for it is kinda unwaranted.
>>
>>29141249
Why do retards treat ever handgun like a glock, you do not operate an AR like an AK so why expect it in handguns.
>>
>>29125073
>Hogue grips
I had them for a while but it makes the grip so FUCKING HUGE that I sold them.
>>
>>29141476
Well i think alot of people hang up on the fact that all their other guns have the ejection port on the right side so to clear a jam the gun must be vertical or slightly tilted to the right to clear a jam. While the corect way to rack a beretta 92 or other slide mounted safety gun is to go to a low ready tilt the fun 45 degrees to the left (asuming right handed) and wrap your index finger aroud the safety on the left to where the pad of your finger is on the bottom of the safety(ie. Ensuring it will not be activated) and pinch with your thumb slighly forward of the right side safety. Then of course you push the grip forward a slingshot that slide as you come vack to a firing position. I dont know why people pull the slide back then bring it to position, that should all be one action.
>>
>>29141627
Open top slide and the controls being near can make for problems when someone is use to power stroking during a reload/malfunction. Experience really cuts down on this by defaulting to the "slingshot" method
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.