[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which state has the loosest gun, hiking, and outdoor shooting laws?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: USA.png (72 KB, 800x497) Image search: [Google]
USA.png
72 KB, 800x497
Which state has the loosest gun, hiking, and outdoor shooting laws?
>>
>>29124978
Here is Georgia the firearm laws are pretty good. I've gone hiking a couple hundred miles into the AT Trail with a 45. on my hip and a 22. on my pack, And no forest services or Rangers have said anything.

Also its so rural here in the north east part of GA out here that everyone just shoots in the forests, or on their own land and until you hit a city like Gainsville etc. nobody says anything.

I want to go more into the AT trail with full bug-out kit sometime in the future but i'de need at least a week to do so and between scheduling problems with my friends and work i cant find the time~
>>
>>29124978
>loosest gun, hiking, and outdoor shooting laws?
Hopefully this was misread but it sounds like you just want to go tear up a bunch of public land, litter and leave a giant mess to ruin it for other hikers and people trying to /out/.
I'm willing to make that assumption and fuck you.
>>
>>29124978
Alaska.
>>
>>29124978
The state you own your own land in.
>>
>>29125097
/thread
>>
AZ
>>
>>29124978

I've lived in 7 states, and resided short term in 2 more.

As far as I can tell, Alaska is 1st, if only because the incredibly vast tracts of undeveloped, remote land make it effectively lawless. You can do whatever you want if you're willing to be that isolated.

Arizona is #1 in the continental 48 though, and where I live now. I've moved out of this state twice, and I keep coming back. There is an incredible amount of state or BLM land which is effectively open to all public use, including hiking, camping, shooting, and offroad driving. We have no-permit concealed AND open carry. There are no laws relating to NFA items that are any stricter than the federal ones. Public buildings that don't allow you to bring in firearms (courthouses, etc) are legally required to offer weapons lockers. I see people carrying almost every day, and I've never seen someone make a scene about it. There are county operated shooting ranges in both of our largest counties, as well as many privately run ranges, most of which are still open to the public.

We're also home to a large number of firearms manufacturers or related companies, including GG&G, VLTOR, Haley Strategic, etc, not to mention all the military contractors. We're home to some of the best firearms training institutions in the US, including Jeff Coopers school and the McMillan sniper school which trains a huge proportion of the US's LE snipers.

So, if you're looking for the place that offers you the greatest outdoor freedom, it's probably AK. If you're looking for the place with the strongest firearms and outdoor culture, I'd say AZ.
>>
>>29125053

Also what this guy said though.

If you come to AZ and start trashing public land, you will not be welcome. There is a very strong conservation culture here, and leaving shot up trash, broken glass, brass, etc laying everywhere gets land locked down and restricted without fail.

If you go offroad when the ground is muddy and tear up the roads, leave ruts everywhere, etc, you will not be welcome.

We have some of the most unique, and most rare ecosystems in the world. They should be enjoyed, but also protected and treasured.

You also better like weed.
>>
>>29126017
>>29125053
I'm in Montana and the same is true here as well. You can go nuts, have fun, and enjoy all the public land, but if it turns out that your not cleaning up after yourself or youre not respecting the land, you get in both legal trouble and social trouble. We like our mountains and forests so conservation is a massive movement around here
>>
>>29127001
Lol good thing my state kansas has literally nothing to ruin.
>>
KY is breddy good.
No NFA restrictions
No permit open carry and no permit CC has just been introduced(let's hope it passes)
If you live in the eastern part of the state hiking is God tier
>>
>>29125972
Deserts do seem inherently more free than forests.

I would be big time jelly if I didn't subjectively prefer forests like we have up here in western WA.

WA has some really great Nat'l Forest Wilderness which is basically the same, except that you can't drive around in it (both physically and legally).

It's a really good place to be a hardcore backpacker up here, you can do shit like backpack 5-10 miles into the wilderness, set up and bag some coyotes, chill at a campfire, and shit like that, even shoot, but expect to get bitched at if you are anywhere near other people.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29125972
>Arizona is #1 in the continental 48
Contiguous.
>>
>>29125065
/thread
>>
>>29125043
Man, I love Georgia. As soon as this campus carry goes through state senate I'll be 100% happy with fun related laws here.
>>
>>29129258
Where are you at in GA?
>>
File: tumblr_o2m0sgoW4C1t64uyfo1_1280.jpg (528 KB, 886x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2m0sgoW4C1t64uyfo1_1280.jpg
528 KB, 886x1920
Utah

Want desert? Swamp? Mountains? Woods? Plains? Scrubland? We got all that.
>>
>>29130141
I'm thinking to moving to utah, SLC area. Is it shit? how bad is the air pollution?
>>
>>29130157
Really really bad. Like LA levels of bad. Move to Logan or st george. I live just outside of st george. No problems here. The issue is cold dense air hangs low and the pollution builds up over weeks then its soupy. No real wind to push it out in slc.
>>
>>29130296
Ah, I think i'll just apply for a job in colorado then.

I saw the air pollution is up there with most of california's shitty cities, I'm outside of LA and its just awful driving into that dense pollution. The air just tastes bad.
>>
Future college student here

My options are
-Colorado
-NM
-Missouri
-Pennsylvania
And I can't bring myself to pick one

Keep in mind I'm coming from MA so anything is an improvement.
>>
>>29130587
>colorado
skiing, rocky mountain highlmao, hippies
>NM
desert, hippies, indians, mexicans, desert, green chiles, desert
>Missouri
Most people pronounce it misery for a reason.
>Pennsylvania
Amish, midwest, small towns, and historical sites.

If you're going to college, then it doesn't matter the state because you're likely to move out of state anyway. Also, gtfo 16 year old kid.
>>
>>29124978
>hiking laws
Is that a thing in USA?
>>
Northern Maine
>>
>>29124978

I would say

>Alaska
>Wyoming
>Montana

In that order if you're looking for something like a free, open frontier.
>>
>>29124978
Kentucky
>>
>>29130985
Ture and most of Maine other then southern

>>29130587
Go to Tennessee or Vanderbilt
>>
AK is number 1. WA has goat innawoods for the lower states
>>
>>29130695

>16 year old kid

Most people head off to college at 18, you cocksucker
>>
>>29127001
Montana resident here, doesn't stop people from littering garbage everywhere. I was where I thought no one would be yet I found empty beer cans.
>>
>>29125053
Pretty sure that's Alaska. Land of the no other sentient creatures for 500 miles.
>>
>>29130587
Missouri is probably the most pro-gun of any of those states, but it's a questionable place. The cities are hellish post-industrial wastelands with tribes of feral nig-nogs camped out in crumbling abandoned buildings, while much of the rural countryside is overrun with meth and Nazis.
>>
>>29128391
confirmed. lived in the Danial Boon National forest for over 20 years. It's fucking awesome. For the most part you'll never run into a cop who isn't sitting on the side of a highway trying to set speed traps.
Laws are pretty good gun wise.
Only problem with doing some free roaming through the wood (coming from a guy who has marched every holler, hill, and creek in a 5 square mile area around his home) is you can't do it during some hunting seasons (turkey and deer mostly) without risking getting blown the fuck away, and if you don't know who your neighbors are you might run up on some motherfucker's weed farm and get blown the fuck away.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.