[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you were sneaking into a facility or trying to kidnap/takedown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Cap-Chur.jpg (174 KB, 1000x696) Image search: [Google]
Cap-Chur.jpg
174 KB, 1000x696
if you were sneaking into a facility or trying to kidnap/takedown someone, would a tranquilizer gun work fast enough on targets so that they don't realize your position and report you before knocking out?
>>
File: 1420621296726.jpg (451 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1420621296726.jpg
451 KB, 2048x1536
>>29123831
No, better off with a hushpuppy
>>
>>29123831
no, you're a faggot
>>
what if you tased them and shot them with the tranquilizer? like if it was all one gun? that way they are incapacitated and then knocked out.
>>
>>29123831
Sorry "Big Boss", it turns out that tranq gun is sorta useless. But hey, you can always just shuffle around in a cardboard box.
>>
>>29123831
Just walk up behind them and mash square a lot
>>
i doubt that anything but deadly poison can work their way fast enough in a human body.
>>
No, the problem is dosage. There is no cookie cutter dosage and a dart knocking someone out really quick would kill someone else, or not be effective on some big guy.

IF tranq guns were reliably putting down people quicker than real guns, they would be pretty interesting for self defense, but even more so for criminals.
>>
>>29123977
imagine bubba tranq's you then sodomizes you and tucks you back in bed like nothing happened.
>>
>>29123831
No. I work with vets and have stabbed myself with horse tranqs multiple times. You have enough time to react pull it out, secure the animal, walk away, and call someone before they hit. All in all, about 2 minutes maybe less. I imagine that dosage and type play in heavily to that, and adrenaline levels. But I just dont see it working well, sorry chap.
>>
>>29123991
Exactly.
Or a dindu knocking you out then totally dinduing nuffin
>>
>>29124008
what if you mixed in something that would increase heart rate so it would circulate faster?
>>
>>29124023
Cocaine horse tranqs
>>
>>29123916
cone snail venom, THE ULTIMATE TRANQUILIZER!..

"uh.. hey wake up, uh.. fuck!"
>>
File: medical school.gif (422 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
medical school.gif
422 KB, 500x281
>>29124023
>Lets put a stimulant in this depressants so it will quickly slow someone down
>>
>>29123831
No. Tranq darts take a while, comparatively speaking, to incapacitate a target. If they were gonna report you, they'd have plenty of time.

"Some crazy nigga just shot me with a tranq gun! What? No... pretty sure he's still around here. I mean who shoots someone with a tranq gun and runs away? Yeah? Well, it's gonna take effect at some point. What do you mean you're gonna dock my pay? I didn't drug myself! Yeah?! Well, I'm talking to my union rep..."
>>
>>29124046

Cone snail venom takes half a goddamn hour to kill you.
People seriously overestimate poisons, especially when combined with memeshit like blowdarts or arrows. In humans, they'll take minutes to kill you. With darts you're virtually limited to intramuscular application (the chance to hit a vein or artery is minuscule), which basically bottlenecks the effects of the poison. You can apply ten times the lethal dose of opiates IM and it'll still take several minutes to take full effect. Do it IV and you quit in seconds.
>>
Whats wrong with a garotte? A nice bowie? Or even suppressed subsonic .45?
>>
>>29123831
Short answer, no.
Long answer, if it was a high enough dose to work that fast, it would most likely shut their organs down too at which point just shoot them.
As cool a spec ops weapon a metal gear tranq would be, its not real.
>>
>>29124037
>>29124087
Death by ballistic speedball
>>
>>29124087
You seem kinda stupid. If the two things dont bind to the same receptors they won't be working at cross purposes. Sort of like how drinking strong coffee while snot arsed drunk will not make you less drunk, it'll just make you snot arsed drunk and wide awake.
>>
>>29124319
Because not everything is a video game and one bullet isn't an insta ultra kill shot on a human target when you shoot them in the head or the heart because they will have enough minutes of seconds to react or sound the alarm before dropping dead.

That is why it would be a better idea to just grab a tranquilizer dart and just amp up the dosage to a instant killzone dosage that way once you hit someone in the neck with it they will immediately go down dead in just seconds without screaming bloody murder or sounding off the alarms.

Think of this like deus ex human revolution but with a very quick lethal tranquilizer rifle that puts you down fast and dead.
>>
File: 1344526239897.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
1344526239897.gif
2 MB, 480x271
>>29123879
So you're going to taser them constantly for the two to three minutes it takes for the dose to work?
>>
Tranquilizer arrows have quite random trajectories since they're so light. The slightest breeze deflects them and you have to angle your shot if you're a bit further than point blank.
The system isn't that reliable too, as it needs to stick itself in the target then inject its content. It doesn't work everytime with animals, so I guess clothes could easily get in the way.
>>
File: prn85799DS.jpg (221 KB, 600x391) Image search: [Google]
prn85799DS.jpg
221 KB, 600x391
>>29125216
>Because not everything is a video game
>that way once you hit someone in the neck with it they will immediately go down dead in just seconds

Delicious irony.
Good luck actually hitting a major blood vessel with your dart, stupid faggot.
>>
>>29125216
>Shootinng someone in the head with a 45. isn't as effective as a tranq

Jesus this board is shit.
>>
>>29124784
You seem kinda stupid.
A drug with a large enough dosage to incapacitate a grown man mixed with a stimulant is not the same as Kahlua and coffee.
>>
>>29125216
>Not everything is a video game
>Think of this like a a video game
>>
File: 1340648218290.jpg (98 KB, 586x728) Image search: [Google]
1340648218290.jpg
98 KB, 586x728
>>29123831
Well,shit. We've had our fair share of sociopaths here from ATF bait threads. Now a fledgling serial killer. Neat.
>>
>>29126396
Antman actually fucking did it the absolute madman
>>
>>29123831
Any tranquilizer that works faster than the nervous system can react to the initial dart will likely cause serious problems for the person down the road, if not outright kill them.

There's a reason people make hundreds of thousands of dollars to make sure they don't give you one drop too many of poison when you have surgery.
>>
>>29123916
biology isnt conceptual
>>
>>29123831
No.

If you really wanted to pull some videogame bullshit you'd either have to be an anesthesiologist and hitman style syringe people or you'd have to overwhelm gag and cuff the person and then administer the sedative once they are already under your power just to make sure they won't escape minutes later.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.