[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
6-8 gun safe under $450
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0245.jpg (143 KB, 766x1023) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0245.jpg
143 KB, 766x1023
Looking for an 8 gun safe thats under $450. Currently have 4 long guns and 2 handguns but will definitely get a couple more long guns. Needs space for the handguns and ammo as well, preferably at the top. What say you /K/unts?
>>
>>29123455
you are not going to get anything worth a shit under a few thousand dollars. hide whatever you buy very well
>>
File: IMG_0078[1].png (270 KB, 373x503) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078[1].png
270 KB, 373x503
>>29123455
What crossed your mind to think that calling us "/K/unts" was the proper way to ask a question that you could have googled in five seconds? Get the fuck out, and don't come back.
>>
>>29123455
I got a nice safe for 500 bucks

liberty safes

go to a gander mountain or cabellas, look at the safes, dont get the shitty thin ones, go to a different store, look at the safes, decide on keypad or combo, buy a safe from the store
>>
>>29123495
Newfag detected
>>
>>29123455
A cement bucket over a pier.
>>
>>29123495

I think you are misplaced, friend.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>29123455
doesnt matter. at that price youre paying for a metal box that looks hard to break into, but isnt. buy something that looks heavy and bolt it down and pray someone never breaks in when youre not home.
>>
>>29123514

why do you take a trip to http://4chan.org/K/ before you call him a newfag, anon.
>>
>>29123495
On your period today? Touchy cunt.
>>
>>29123455
get out
>>
costco

costco has some excellent deals
>>
>>29123455
I am looking for a simple gun cabinet for this. Preferably air tight.
>>
>>29123539
that's not even the proper URL for a 4chan board you retard
>>
Build your own.
>>
>>29123455
hide them. seriously. taking a safe out of a house is far from even impractical if someone knows you have one, which is just a simple b+e. After the safe is gone (keep in mind, you already lost all your guns here) it can be opened. OR if you aren't home and thieves need to open it expediently, they can drill one hole into it and open it rather easily. Can't steal what you can't find.
>>
File: gun-safe-vending-machine.jpg (195 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
gun-safe-vending-machine.jpg
195 KB, 404x404
About the same protection as a cheap safe, but a lot less inconspicuous
>>
>>29123455
I have a Liberty Pro Vault that's done well for me, you can get a 12 gun version from cabela's for 420
>>
>>29123455
>/K/unts
>/K/
>K

For fuck's sake, would it kill ya' to not look like a total newfag?

Anyways, you're not going to find a safe for that price. Anything cheaper than a few thousand dollars isn't going to be a safe. It will be a glorified gun cabinet with some fire proofing.

If you're concerned with burglars, hide your guns. Any safe in your price range will be pried open in under two minutes.
>>
>>29124110
Wrong. Any burglar worth his weight knows that shit is worth money unless he's in an abandoned '80's roller rink. At least a gun safe gives the disillusion its bolted down and too heavy for a dolly
>>
>>29124196
Not talking vintage restored 40's machine, just crappy 70's-80's ones. People sell them on eBay for $100. Figure it wouldn't be something a thief would give two shits about considering the effort needed to steal it. If you wanted to, you could still bolt it down
>>
>>29124269
I don't want to sound like a prick but I'm going to anyways so whatever. I worked for a company that bought abandoned large buildings and flipped them for office spaces and the most stolen items were vending machines and copper insulation. So putting anything in your home that looks like it could be vintage is inviting theft.
>>
>>29124325
Your probably right, but I think the difference between those two scenarios is an abandoned building vs a home with someone living in it. Amount of time to work is a lot less on a home invasion compared to an abandoned structure. Clearly trusting your guns to a thin piece of metal isn't the best option, but neither is an attention drawing safe that OP budgeted out to $450 and takes two minutes to pry open.
>>
Unrelated but a question
>going out of the country for about a week soon
>have 3 guns and +40 mags and a bunch of ammo
>don't know what to do with it

Is it a good idea to fill my gun cases with heavy shit and padlock them and then just hide my guns elsewhere?
>>
A safe at that price is essentially a locker. I would just buy an honest locker.
Safes that are decent are around 1000+ if you do your homework. Good safes stretch well into jewgold territory.
>>
>>29123536
don't forget insurance
>>
False floor or wall in closet m8

Or just bolt it down.(how much that cost anyway)
>>
>>29123455
Insurance, do it. A lot of these idiots drop big money on a safe but no plan B
>>
File: 1387233871372.jpg (43 KB, 1000x680) Image search: [Google]
1387233871372.jpg
43 KB, 1000x680
>>29123455
>safe
>under $450
>>
>>29123455
http://www.costco.com/BIGHORN-Safe-%7c-19.1-CuFt-%7c-30-min-Fire-Protection-%7c-59%22H-x-28%22W-x-20%22D-%7c-Electronic-Lock.product.11625662.html

this is what I use, its decent just needs to be bolted to the ground
>>
>>29123495
Get fucked cunt
>>
>>29123539
You sound like you've had one too many vaccines.
>>
>>29124386
>>29124325
If you don't want to spend money actually keeping your property secured, just buy a large cooler and hit it around with a club and sander and then duct tape it. And put your guns in there.
>>
>>29127475
>decent
>2.75 mm thick steel
>composite door

Anon, are you retarded? You bought a novelty piggy bank.
>>
buy a stackon safe fill it with airsoft guns and leave the key in it, then hide your guns or put them in another safe. Golden.
>>
>>29128044
mexicans love to take beat up coolers.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.