[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I would have put this in the AR containment thread but it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (39 KB, 1280x844) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39 KB, 1280x844
So I would have put this in the AR containment thread but it's normally too austistic there to get a decent reply. I'm looking at getting a Colt LE6920. Talk to LGS guys and it's either "the golden standard" of ARs or its trash. Some guy even went into how their metallurgy is fucked on it somehow. So what's the real skinny on it?
>>
>>29123157
It is the standard, plain and simple. Nothing more, nothing less, unless QC took a hit on the specific rifle you bought, yet again that can happen to anyone of any manufacture.
>>
>>29123179
Then why the clambering for all the snowflake rifles made by some company with a weird rollmark? This will be my first ar15, but it seems to me everybody would sooner suggest noveske or bcm
>>
>>29123157
>is it a bad rifle?
Nope. I mean you have just as much chance of getting a lemon as anyone else, but overall they're pretty good.

>should I buy one?
Nope. You should build your AR. You can build a much nicer one than the Colt for the Colts price.
>>
>>29123229
Simply because Gucci m8, a normal colt is just plain boring to me. My upper is a BCM with larue handgaurd, my lower a mega billet with G trigger and ubr stock. The colt will fire just as well as my gun even though it cost roughly 2x more. That being said, the standard is just the standard, the standard being mil spec, and mil spec being the lowest bitter. There is and always will be civilian markets that far exceed the standard, it just depends on what your uses will be.
>>
>>29123157
For many years, Colt was the AR you bought. I mean, there was Armalite, but that's like saying there was also the Mini 14. By today's standards, the Colts were okay, but ARs were a niche market at the time. They would be like buying a S&W today, in terms of quality. The target variants were accurate enough, but they were also competing against Rem 700s and Ruger M77s that were very well done and Savage 110s that were much cheaper.

Quality control went to shit on the commercial rifles around 2008-2010 or so, the same time frame that their military contract rifles went to shit. I had a issue M4, probably made in 2009, that absolute shit. The upper and lower weren't even mated and flexing the rifle would create a gap of around 0.15 inches. It shot poorly.

Opinions generally seem to be dependent on what era of Colt someone had to use.
>>
>>29123251
Don't care about building one. I'll probably end up tweaking it over time but at the moment I'm just looking for a basic outtathebox rifle that's around $1000 and is reliable.
>>
I like mine. Better than my army issued m4. It's a nail driver too, pretty consistent at 300-400m. Haven't put an optic on it yet but it's a fine rifle. Got mine for really cheap though, local company had an at price sale so I picked it up at like $600
>>
>>29123294
>>29123286
So you're suggesting I should stay away from the 2016 models?
>>
>>29123312
I'm not suggesting that, this is me btw>>29123286
>>29123179
It just depends what your uses will be, if just plinking, a colt will cover you completely, as it will in HD. But precision shooting, 3 gun, shit like that, you're better off building your own ar tailored to your preferences.
>>
>>29123312
Colt is shit. Avoid now. Rather sad really looking back at its proud history.
>>
>>29123312
I would recommend looking it over in person. Colt is going through one of it's cyclic bankruptcies right now, so the rifles are reasonably priced. Depending on how good of a deal you get, even a mediocre rifle may be worth it. LGS like to mark up Colts because the name, so check the price online.

Aero Precision makes a good rifle, if a little expensive. Smith & Wesson is good, just avoid their lowest end. DPMS and Bushmaster are a waste for what you usually get. I usually build mine, but I have a Rock River that I bought many years ago and it has been my best AR. Most people here hate on Rock River, so they may have fucked something up since 2008.
>>
>>29123350
Mainly predator control/truck gun. It's replacing a WASR10. I could probably get something else but I've never owned an AR so it's a bit of a guilty pleasure I guess.
>>
>2000+age of consent
>buying prebuilt ARs
lmao
>>
>>29123394
You just never quit do you tripfaggot? Stay in your general you cancerous piece of shit
>>
>>29123491
Just ignore em, they'll matastasize if you don't.
>>
>>29123296
By "build" we mean buy an upper and lower separately with nicer things.
>>
>>29123520
I get the reasoning behind this and I'll probably end up doing it some day but that's not within my priorities at the moment.
>>
>>29123520
If he's looking for a basic ass ar and the colt has what he wants (fsb etc.) I see no reason not to get one. Some site on slick guns has the 6920 for like 850 bucks, that's pretty hard to beat.
>>
>>29123520
>"Look Mom! I'm a gunsmith!"
>>
>>29123157
As a new Ar owner within the past 7 months, I bought the standard le6920 for 850 (new) and honestly it isn't worth it. you need to think very hard about what you will want in the future. For me, I wish I would have spent the extra $500-600 and got a BCM or DD, because by the time I get my rifle to where I want, I will prob be spending more than I would have. If you are stuck on Colt, get the oem2 model (no fsb) and get what you want. As a person who recently bought one i highly advise against it.
>>
>>29123579
What exactly did you dislike about it? All I'm probably gonna do is slap Vortex on it and call it a day
>>
>>29123608
I think he ended up spending more money on tricking out his gun and wishes he could have just bought a pre-tricked out gun. If you just want a plain Jane rifle then a Colt is fine. Most AR owners never stick with just the one rifle, and especially not a plain one. Eventually you will succumb to the siren call of a rail
>>
File: New Furniture.jpg (2 MB, 3552x2000) Image search: [Google]
New Furniture.jpg
2 MB, 3552x2000
>>29123157
I own one. Got mine back when wal mart was getting rid of their stock. Picked it up for $600. I love it. Shoots great and no problems yet.
>>
>>29123628
Oh yeah I'm sure eventually. But like I said before>>29123391
it's gonna be pretty much utilitarian, maybe after I save up a bit of cash I'll grab a noveske or a DD, really like both of them aesthetically speaking.
>>
>>29123579
so you have buyers remorse that your lego gun wasn't customized for you by a factory that built it a year ago?

come on man, you're the one that pulled the trigger on that purchase, that isn't colt's fault or your credit card's. a basic rifle that meets the accepted standards of "what an AR should be" and shoots well it what is promised and it probably delivers.
>>
>>29123681
He asked for opinions dipshit
Did I ever say the colt was a bad rifle? No?
I think the colt is a decent rifle, but when he says I'll probably want a rail and a non shit trigger eventually, that makes me 99% sure he is impose buying.
If you don't like opinion threads don't post in them.
Do you even have a 6920?
>>
>>29123828
All he's saying is that your opinion was shit.
>>
>>29123286
>mil spec being the lowest bitter

If that were true, then the military would have Oracles and M&P Sporters. Mil-spec means that it meets the DoD required specifications based on their testing and evaluation. Whoever can build to those specifications for the lowest bid gets the contract. Stop spreading invented bullshit about things you know nothing about and never tried to learn.

Also your LEGO rifle sounds gay as shit.
>>
>>29123834
That's true, I'm just mad cause im autistic
I did just buy a USP so....
>>
>>29123157
The build quality of a Colt is good, especially for the price. For most more expensive ARs you're paying for the name thanks to retards like most of /k/ who believe that things that cost more must be better. If you've drank the leaded /k/oolaid and don't want a Colt, get an FN 15. FN also makes rifles for the US military and their rifles are also mil-spec (which is a set of standards and requirements established through testing and evaluation by the DoD, not "hurr durr lowest bidder"). Many more expensive ARs don't even meet these basic requirements, but since the country is populated with retards those retards can be manipulated into circlejerking over inflated price ARs.
>>
>>29123906
Lol what
>>
File: Goku_(PeePee).png (43 KB, 231x211) Image search: [Google]
Goku_(PeePee).png
43 KB, 231x211
>>29123935

He's right, you know.
>>
>>29123647
What a cute blanket.
>>
>>29124144
Not really.
>>
You're fucking retarded for disregarding the advice to build your AR. The only parts that mean shit are the bolt and barrel. Guess what, the colt 6920 is built by toolcraft and the barrel by FN. you can buy the same ones through PSA and build a rifle for 1/2 - 2/3 the cost and still have it customized exactly the way you want it. You'll end up replacing the handguard/barrel nut, stock, and trigger anyway, so why pay twice for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29123157

If you find one for a fair price, snag it. I love mine, fit and finish is excellent, shoots great, accurate as hell.
>>
>>29125024
This.
You can build an AR for $600 or buy one for $1,200.
>>
>>29123157
Colt is on the same plane as Rock-River, Bushmaster, Windham, FN's.

LMT, BCM, KAC, Noveske are top-tier AR's.
If you want a modernized AR, LWRC is always extremely well made. They have DI And Piston options.
>>
>>29124467
I love that blanket. Use it during the winter and reminds me of when I had less to worry about in this world.
>>
>>29125063
Finally somebody who gets it.
>>
File: IMG_0062.jpg (487 KB, 1426x1065) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.jpg
487 KB, 1426x1065
>>29123157

You will never regret buying a 6920 if you pay a reasonable price. They are not shit and they are not high end. They are just pretty good AR15's, plain and simple.

I kind of regret buying one from Wal Mart back when they had SOCOMs for $1100

Having said that, I'd prefer to build my own. If I bought an LE6920 I'd end up replacing too many parts to make it worth while.
>>
>>29125687

*Regret not buying one from Wal Mart
>>
>>29123157
Colt is like Benchmade.

Are their products good? Yes.

Are you paying for the name? Yes.

Whether or not their products are worth the included cost of the name is up to you. Were I to get an AR I'd buy a basic S&W and some decent peripherals because I'm too lazy to build something from the ground up and I don't really care about being super duper precise/accurate because I'm usually just shooting at old cars in a field.
>>
>>29125715
What this guy said.

Personally for an AR I would find a basic lower with parts + BCM Upper. But that's just me.

Also if the Colt is a good deal and you don't like it you can sell it if Hillary gets elected for serious cash.
>>
File: 20150323_113724.jpg (322 KB, 1239x697) Image search: [Google]
20150323_113724.jpg
322 KB, 1239x697
For a long time Colt fucked their commercial customers hard, it was hard to buy a colt due to demand and colt did not give a fuck about them. It was a time when they were one of the only ar markers out there and I think that caused resentment.

In reality with the amount of ars out there today I think you can get cheaper that are just as good. I seriously doubt FN and Windhams are any worse than a Colt. Still the 6920 or any other colt ar15s are great rifles.

Pic related my colt
>>
File: BetterThanColt.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
BetterThanColt.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Guess how much this complete rifle cost to build.

Hint: it's less than a Colt 6920
>>
>>29123828
>impose buying

It's impulse you retard.
>>
>>29123394
aaaannd filtered
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.