[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Southpaw Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 600x400
My fellow lefties, what guns do you carry? Do you find it necessary to use a slide release? How do you like them?

I want my first handgun to be a Sig P250 subcompact:
>Ambi slide release
>Reversible magazine release
> $400 >
But I've seen a few anons on here say that their shit, but everything I've read and seen on youtube are to the contrary?
>>
>>29120497
It's a slide catch. If you use it out of competition, you're a cuck.

>literally anything but a Glock
>even the gen4s are reversible if you're too autistic to use your index finger
>>
I use my index finger to drop the magazine on most pistols I own. I also rack the slide instead of using the slide release.

Carry a SIG P232 so a safety isn't an issue either.
>>
>>29120497
Based Ian carries a Glock.
>>
>>29120497
>Southpaw
Fucking disgusting. You are all lesser humans.
>>
>>29120537
Almost everyone who knows a shit ton about guns and/or is actually employed in a job where they have to use them carries a Glock. R or L handed.
>>
>>29120497
I run a Daewoo dp51. When I want muh 45 I have my xd45. I went out amd got two lefthanded rifles a savage mk2 and a rock river. My biggest problem has been finding concealed holsters.
>>
>>29120601
N82 has left hand holsters. What I use.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 925x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 925x639
>>29120537
I never knew that, I really do love how the G26 looks
>>
>>29120497
Lefty here, Lookin into some h&k models they all pretty much come standard with ambi controls. Recently got one of those p30sk's
and I love it.
>>
>>29120497
FNS might be worth looking into. Ambi catch and mag release.
>>
File: Southpaw Controls.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Southpaw Controls.webm
1 MB, 960x540
Pistols do not need to be ambidextrous.
>>
>>29120497
if you wanna carry it, get a P320 subC just for the striker
>>
>>29120737
Is it lighter? Or is striker fire better than DAO?
>>
>>29120832
Pretty much anything is better than DAO.
>>
>>29120737
I have the full size P320. Has a great trigger. I need to hold a subcompact
>>
Carry a P230 or a P938.

Can manipulate the slide catch on CZ-75 derivatives, but generally rack anyway.

>>29120727
This.
>>
>>29120727
what if you are in a shoot out and a bullet grazes the gun and takes off the mag release button. what do you do now?

>inb4 that cant happen

anything is possible anon
>>
>>29120956
then the mag won't be able to stay in the gun, anyway, you moron

you're letting your nogunz show
>>
>>29120995
Mag release =/= mag catch.
It'd be like the shifter in your car breaking off.
You'd still be able to press it off though.
>>
I'm left eye dominant, so I shoot left handed. I carry a M&P shield, its safety is for righties, but I generally keep it off when the situation permits.

I was tied between the shield and PM-9, the shield wasn't two tone and I liked the how much more tactile and criso the trigger and reset were. But if they were both black, I might have taken the PM9 for the better sights. You may want consider them for ambi subcompacts though.
>>
>>29120636
Remora also makes left and ambi holsters.
>>
>>29120995
Nigger you're letting your nogunz show by assuming that all mag's can be released by your middle finger. you do know that glock mag button is extremely easy to engage? try that same bullshit on other guns if you can.
Or do you only own a glock?
>>
>>29121183
>assuming that all mag's can be released by your middle finger
That would be correct, though.
>>
Left handed 1911 is the correct answer.
>>
>>29121159
I'm left eye dominate but ambitious shooter. So I shoot leftie too it feels steadier but I write with my right
>>
>>29120548
>Lesser humans

Bitch please world changing people have been left handed: Julius Caesar, Napoleon, Charlemagne, Joan of Arc, and Harry S. Truman

Why mention Truman you ask? Only world leader to order the use of nuclear arms in warfare that's fucking why. Get back to me when a righty has the balls to do that.
>>
>>29120497
Leftie here its weird handguns i shoot right handed, rifles left handed,
>>
>>29120643
It just looks like a smaller glock...
>>
File: CCgetup.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
CCgetup.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>29120497
Lefty checking in.

Sometimes I draw right handed with the shield, learn to get good with both you creative bastards.
>>
>>29120497
If i was going to get a polymer Sig it would be the P320 over the 250 b/c of the better trigger
>>
I was looking at a CZ-85 B or an XD45 for my first as a leftie shooter, I've always liked CZs and it's ambi so why not?
>>
I am also a wild lefty, but I can shoot handguns just as well right handed. I carry a cz p-07 for cc. I just manipulate the slide stop and mag release by shifting my grip slightly. I never even bothered to switch the mag release on my m&p.

When I shoot competitions I will typically just switch to my right hand for my first reload and finish the stage shooting right handed.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.