[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving to Colorado soon. Specifically the Colorado Springs area.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
Moving to Colorado soon. Specifically the Colorado Springs area.

What should I expect?
>>
>>29106754
Bump on this, I'm doing the same.

Army fag?
>>
>>29106953
Yup
Initial google searches show there are really not many gun stores or ranges in the area.
>>
>>29106960
Dude there's a shitton. And the gun clubs out there doesn't look half bad.

Mos? 11b here. Let's be range buddies
>>
>>29106960

https://www.whistlingpinesgunclub.com/ranges/
This is where I plan on going
>>
15 round mag limit, bud.
>>
>>29106999
That shit isn't enforceable thanks to rebuild kits, out of state transfers, and the fact that military is exempt.
>>
>>29106999
Only applies to a select few magazines.
Any magazines you bring with you are allowed.

>>29106971
Shit ton of stores or ranges? I've only seen about 2 decent look stores that aren't Walmart-tier. And the one and only range I've seen is the Cheyenne Gun Complex.
>>
>>29107048
>>29107078

Just a PITA when you buy a new gun.
>>
>>29107193
I've been wondering about that, what do they do, ship without mags?

Can all 30s be modded to 15 or what do you do if 15 round mags aren't available for the gun you want?
>>
>>29107243
You just go out of state for a day. Seriously, it's not enforced at all and it's written into the law itself that /they/ have to prove you bought them after the law passed. So basically
>don't buy poymer mags
>if you do, make sure the date code is preban
>pay with cash
>no receipt
Bam, literally impossible to prove you bought them unless they somehow figure out the store and get video footage.
>>
>>29107314
>poymer
polymer
>>
>>29107314
When is the cutoff for the mag law?
Does it apply for mags bought post law but out of state?
>>
a shitload of milfags
yuppies
literal smelly hippies if you venture too deep into west side
meth
homeless dude
deer that use sidewalks
rent thats going up at about 100 bucks a year

other than that its a pretty cool place and i miss it. it is what you make of it and physically its a fantastic location. i lived smack in the middle of OCC and i miss T&Bs a lot. stop by willys and buy some jelly babies for me
>>
Anyone gone out Inna mountains?
Anyone shot Inna mountains?
>>
>>29110922
This is the best description.
Colorado springs is also the most religious part of colorado. Mega churches galore
>>
>>29111863
east of Colorado springs is a little public range.

google is your friend
>>
>>29107243
depends where you buy it from. most places will ship it without the mag but you wont get a price discount or anything. The only real issues you run into in regards to the mag law are when dealing with legit suppliers/retailers online or in state. Cabelas wont have 30 round mags but the lgs down the road probably will. as far as more specifics relating to buying magazines for certain guns, i cant really help, I mainly have experience with common handgun/rifle mags. Ive bought quite a few AR rebuild kits online, they are usually a few dollars more than regular mag price but i find it's worth the time saved driving to actual stores.
>>
email [email protected] Ill get you on the local /k/ommando email list so you could drop by our local shoots
>>
>>29112490
Where you located?
>>
>>29111863
Fellow Army fag here, up at Buckley

Pike National Forest has some good shooting spots to the west of the springs
Keystone public range is fun

I'll shoot with you fruitcakes
>>
File: 20160214_120243.jpg (4 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160214_120243.jpg
4 MB, 2448x3264
>>29107779
Mag cutoff I believe was July of 2013.

But come and help repeal it in 2017/2018 elections!

>>29111863
I shoot in the mountains. It is pretty awesome.

>>29112257
Where are you get 30 rounders?
>>
>>29112526
living on ft carson right now
>>
Also if you guys want mags, you have several options
1. go up to wyoming, over to kansas, or down to wherever is south of colorado.
2. buy 30 round mags pinned to 15 and remove the pin. takes seconds.
3. buy online, have sent to out of state friends or family and have them mail to you
4. ignore the stupid fucking law like half the stores do. I've bought 20 and 30 rounders in denver
>>
>>29112555
>2017/2018 elections!
is probably not happening anytime soon, dickinpooper still has 4 more years.

cant specify any particular lgs/pawnshop but they have them pretty often, call/drive around, just ask if they have AR magazine rebuild kits. I live on the western slope so dk anything about eastern slope. As far as getting them online check out loyalsguns.com and tacticallink.com, there are other as well, just google. prices can vary quite a bit and options are limited but is convenient if you need/want standard cap mags.
>>
>>29106754
>Colorado Springs

Listen to me carefully because I'm a Colorado native going back four generations.

Denver is the anus of Colorado. Colorado Springs is the infected taint. Greely is the smelly armpit, Fort Collins is literally I.C.L.E.I. headquarters for UN Agenda 21.

Anywhere in the San Luis valley is fucking choice and 99% of retards don't even know about it. Just don't live in Alamosa, live somewhere else and drive there.

Other than that, whole western half of the stae is awesome. Once you get west of I-25, that's the real Colorado. I-25 and everything east of it is fucking Kansas and Nebraska's backyard.

No shit, you should've paid me 100$ for that advice. It'll be worth a lot more than that if you follow it.
>>
>>29111917

Home to focus on the family
>>
>>29106754

Aurora here, remember that one guy actually DID get charged with having banned mags. Happened since he was threatening to shoot a guard at his college.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29059273/colorado-man-charged-having-high-capacity-magazine
>>
>>29111956
It's called Izaac Walton I believe
>>
>>29112789
What could be so great about San Luis Valley?
>>
>>29112789
Don't know why you're talking shit on Fort Collins. I live here and It's pretty /k/. I met more people that owned guns (and carried them) in my first 2-3 months living here than I did in my 10 years living out East.
Pretty /k/ /k/core
Good Beer
Good Restaurants
Good Music scene
Good Weed
Literally at the base of the rockies
>>
>>29106754
Colorado Springs gets the most snow of any of the large metro areas. Be careful with the ranges in the National Parks (maybe?) around the Springs. There is an extremely popular one just outside of Colorado Springs full of trash and here gun safety is merely a suggestion. If you want to shoot innawoods go farther south or you'll run in to Denver/Boulder hippy douche bags.
>>
>>29112789
>>29114036
>ayys nigga
but for real OP
Colorado is best state. You want the western slope though, not the fucking commie infested front range.
>>
11B vet here still in the springs for another year. Hit me up on kik Onicos.
>>
>>29106754
don't come we don't want you.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.