[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it Autism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 640x480
Was it Autism?
>>
Probably a combination of a legitimately shitty CO, an oddball cluster of personality traits, and the right set of high pressure situations to bring out the worst in everyone involved.
>>
>>29100197
No, it was a sense of idealism combined with regret.
>>
>>29100211
>>29100214
He as diagnosed with social anxiety and partial schizoid personality. Sounded like autism or what we would call autism anyway to me tbhfam
>>
>>29100239

>social anxiety and partial schizoid personality

How did he get into an SOF unit? For fuck's sake how did he pass screening into the military?
>>
he wanted to be sf, but he couldn't even handle cg boot camp

ha ha ha
>>
>>29100197
cia
>>
>>29100239

>partial schizoid personality

>partial

Never heard of someone having a "partial" personality disorder.
>>
>>29100282
Not SOF
>>
Upbringing. Plus some breeding. You know. Like it always is, for all of us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2646764/Bearded-Pashto-speaking-father-Bowe-Bergdahl-fire-tweeting-Taliban-spokesman-God-repay-death-Afghan-child.html
>>
Wasn't there evidence that he went legit crazy while held by the Taliban, nonsense like "math proves the existence of god" and writing on the walls?
>>
>>29100282
Good question. He had been kicked out of Coast Guard basic training on a psych before he joined the army too.
>>
>>29100282
Because the Army needed cannon fodder.
>>
>>29100539
Well when one of their multiple personalities identifies as black, it counts as 3/5ths of a personality - hence partial.
>>
>>29100282
He was not in SOF. He WANTED to get into it, but if you hear his almost naive outlook on soldiers, wars, honor, etc and the luck he had with shitty CO's, it doesn't really surprise anyone.

Then again, his plan was pure retarded, so I am not sure if he was 100% true on the actual intention he claims he was trying to accomplish.
>>
>>29100570
>implying that's nonsense

Don't get salty because you're mathematically illiterate
>>
>>29100570
He was held for 5 years and from his account, it wasn't really such a hot 5 years.
The main MAIN issue is if he was a bit wrong in the head before and what his intentions and ultimate action of "desertion" really meant.
>>
>>29100573

>based coast guard

>>29100197

Yes. Not sure what he expected his time in the military would be like. Fun and games? He's an idiot for ever joining.
>>
>>29100197
Ever read his journal entries?
Some of the most self righteous deluded bullshit ever.
Essentially boils down to "I AM IMPORTANT AND DESTINED FOR GREAT THINGS BUT NOBODY WILL PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEE!"

He basically just thought that he was the best thing ever and that if nobody in the army would kiss his ass maybe the taliban would, or at the very least he would get the piles of attention that he deserved.

He was just another mentally unstable attention seeking retard who was just crazy enough to desert but not crazy enough to set off any major alarms.
>>
>>29104253
Case in point:

http://genius.com/Bowe-bergdahl-journal-entries-and-emails-annotated

This is some real linkin park listenin, cheap katana buying, fedora tipping edgy faggot bullshit.
>>
>>29104253
So, basically, your average 4chan user.
>>
>>29100197

A few years back it was a very narrow of personality traits, now it is a wide spectrum. Give it a couple more years and it'll be even wider. You wonder why more and more kids are diagnosed with it? Its because they move the goal posts.
>>
>>29100197
It was Patriotism.
>>
>>29100211
>>29100214
/thread

Also his recruiter fucked up by not looking into his psych discharge from the coast guard more
>>
>>29100197
i don't think he deserted he defiently seems off though.
>>
>>29106344
It has nothing to do with personality traits.
It is related to cognitive development and is specifically mappable when it comes to neurocognitive function
more people aren't diagnosed with it now
more people have "a spectrum" than a specific disorder, but that doesn't make more people have autism
the rates of autism have stayed the same for about the last 25 years or so, despite the bumps in research on how to properly diagnosis and refinements in diagnostic training

>Source: I'm a psychologist studying autism

The guy was less autism and more personality disordered and a general idiot. Plenty more of those. 50% of autism cases have MR (or ID for the sensitive panties in the crowd).
>>
>>29100197

He's a fucking spook. His squadmates thought so, and why would we trade 6 prisoners for him if he was just a FNG grunt nobody?
>>
>>29107128
So, again, your average 4chan user.
>>
>>29107218
not at all.

he didn't live in his moms basement.

not even close to average 4chan.
>>
>>29107259
True. He lived in a neighbors studio.
>>
>>29107259
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>29100197
more like he was fucked up from being homeschooled by some granola wanna be libtard hippies.
>>
Honestly, while listening to the podcast I realized that I probably would have ended up like him had I joined the military. Glad I didn't go that route.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.