[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Blackhawk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: standard.jpg (30 KB, 640x231) Image search: [Google]
standard.jpg
30 KB, 640x231
I have the anniversary edition of this gun but can't shoot it worth a damn.

Are .44 mag cowboy revolvers always impossible to shoot well, or can some of K manage?

Recently bought funs have all been smaller caliber semi autos since I can't master this one.
>>
>>29099351
>can't into a single action only revolver

What even
>>
>>29099351
What is the problem? Are you having trouble shooting accurately?
>>
>>29099351
They have sights on them dude. I have a Super Blackhawk and have taken a deer out of a stand with it at 30 yards. I know that's not far for .44mag but that's where the fucker was.
>>
>>29099351
I used to go and try to hit a 3' gong at 400 yards with my 10" SBH. On a good day I'd land about 1/3 of my shots. Blackhawks are accurate as fuck.
>>
>>29099393
Trigger pull when not cocked is way too much (kinda expected though). Ergonomics of pulling back the hammer also seem very ackward in my hands.

Mostly just issues on muzzle flip and the gun destroying my hand after a dozen or two shots.

I think I regret not getting a 357 blackhawk instead. I had shot a friends and loved it and found a good deal on the 44 so went for it (oversized for a first gun... biggest gun mistake so far).

And the packaged grips with it are beautiful looking but slick as hell if you have any sweat on your hands.
>>
>>>>29099393
Trigger pull when not cocked is way too much (kinda expected though). Ergonomics of pulling back the hammer also seem very ackward in my hands.

Mostly just issues on muzzle flip and the gun destroying my hand after a dozen or two shots. Had one scary misfire the other day as well, though likely due to bad ammo as my Rugers tend to run like a champ.

I think I regret not getting a 357 blackhawk instead. I had shot a friends and loved it and found a good deal on the 44 so went for it (oversized for a first gun... biggest gun mistake so far).

And the packaged grips with it are beautiful looking but slick as hell if you have any sweat on your hands.
>>
>>29099480
You should prob go check the model of your pistol because the Blackhawk is SAO.
>>
>>29099476
Mostly I am trying to figure out if a 44 mag is not likely to easy to manage on that frame.

I shoot the 357 blackhawk alright with very little time on it, but the 44 just wrecks me.

I wonder if that caliber is too much for that frame for a relative novice, but was hoping after a few years I would get used to it.

Instead I just avoid shooting it.

I have been doing some dry fire practice recently to try to break any flinching habits I have formed.>>29099480
>>
>>29099538
Blackhawks can handle 44 with ease. They are some of the strongest guns out there. Also yes the trigger pull without the hammer cocked on Blackhawks is pretty heavy, mine is somewhere around infinite because it's single action only.
>>
>>29099538
Don't forget that you can shoot .44spl out of them and save some money along with less recoil.
>>
>>29099511
Dry fire works single or double.

Normally only ever live fire as single since trigger pull is such a bitch, but I would have sworn the super blackhawk was doa or soa, but looking at it perhaps you are right and my dry fire drills are retarded. D
>>
>>29099480
Troll thread
>>
>>29099677
My trigger pull scale maxes out at 125lbs so can confirm a Blackhawk has a double action trigger pull of at least 125lbs.
>>
>>29099704
Yeah, I guess I need to break down and order some online. Years of checking gun shops and I have never seen 44 spl stocked.
>>
>>29099434
why didnt you back up then dumbass
>>
>>29099724
Nah, just an idiot. It does work doa or single in dry fire

Mostly shooting my SR22 and 10/22 now so haven't played with the blackhawk as much lately, debating trading it in but trying to convince myself not to.
>>
>>29099738
You're right. It wasn't sporting of me. Enjoyed eating him all the same.
>>
>>29099351
Buy some .44 Special and practice with those if .44 Magnum is too much. No shame in that. .44 Magnum is not a good place to start with Magnum handguns. You'll enjoy the same gun in .44 Special.
>>
>>29099966
This is probably the best advice.

I should buy a hundred rounds online and see if that addresses enough of the problems to be worth keeping the gun.

I would hate to eat the depreciation in price, and I do love how it looks.
>>
>>29099717
Blackhawks are SAO...
Redhawks and Super Redhawks are chambered for .44 and are DA/SA though
>>
The trick I've found to shooting any hard kicker is that you truly must not give a fuck about what happens after the gun goes off. Any thought of 'here it comes' or 'fuck this is gonna be loud' screws everything up.

Align sights
Don't give a fuck
Squeeze trigger
Evaluate shot placement
>>
File: BARS.jpg (5 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
BARS.jpg
5 KB, 287x176
>>29099351
Lift, lrn to lift get good
Got a heritage arms 22 I can pop coke cans from 20 paces.
>>
Let the gun recoil.

I was stunned the first time I ever shot a .44 mag- and it was a 7.5". It jumped- sure, but if you let it do it's ting and don't fight it- it's actually easy.

Here's what I'd do:

1) Shot from a rest- hopefully where you can rest your wrists.
2) Shoot using two hands.
3) Black your sights with a magic marker. It helps.
4) Start at 50', or maybe 25 yards.
5) Learn to "follow-through" This means a smooth consistent trigger pull, let the gun roll, and keep your hands and arms in as consistent a position all the way through the shot. every. single. time.
6) Maybe start your session with a 25-dry-fire session. Focus on the best sight alignment,trigger break, follow through that you can achieve.
7) Keep your shooting sessions short. If you start making mistakes stop- after that you're just practicing mistakes.
8) Dry fire at home.

These guns were one of the more successful silhouette competition guns STOCK. They are able to hit at ridiculous ranges.

Have you ever shot .44 specials? It's a power-puff compared to .44 magnum rounds. maybe try a box and get your confidence back.

Don't stress. You can master this thing. Great gun, by the way.
>>
>>29099351
I recently learned shooting handguns is mostly all in the trigger pull.
>>
>>29099351
Shoot paper.

Where you can get visual feedback on your shots.
>>
>>29100072
Is the lower BAR open bolt?

Fuck the ATF.
>>
No, it isn't. It's a sporting rifle that only shared the name.
>>
>>29100262
You are a retard
>>
>>29099492
Would recommend looking at getting some Hogue grips. They make rubberized ones that soak up a good bit of the recoil, or wooden ones if you prefer the looks or feel of them. Tried a pair of the wooden grips with finger grooves and it helped with controlling the recoil a lot, larger grip area helped too. Just let the gun roll, limp wristing isn't an issue for revolvers. Look at a few slowmo videos of people firing a .500 mag and look at how they hold it and how they let it recoil, should give a better idea of how to keep it from hurting too much.
>>
damn. my wrist hurts.
>>
>>29099511
Negative. New blackhawks are double single.
>>
File: blackhawk.jpg (439 KB, 2155x1263) Image search: [Google]
blackhawk.jpg
439 KB, 2155x1263
This is the only blackhawk I can find, but I'm honestly curious if there are DA/SA ones
>>
>>29102388
>>29102910

You guys are fucking dumb.

ALL blackhawks are single action only. The super blackhawk is a larger framed revolver for big bore rounds like .44 mag.

If you want a double action, it's called the REDHAWK or GP100
>>
>>29103205
That's why I'm trying to understand how there is any confusion.
I posted the picture because it's very plainly SAO
>>
File: tmp_2039-GlockG17L-70632908.jpg (23 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2039-GlockG17L-70632908.jpg
23 KB, 480x269
>>29105933
It's simple. This is a special kind of thread that starts with a "Tro" and ends with a "Hurry rarer I'm fucking retarded"
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.