[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /k/'s opinion on 73 easting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: M1A1HA-3rdACR-DStorm.jpg (61 KB, 650x418) Image search: [Google]
M1A1HA-3rdACR-DStorm.jpg
61 KB, 650x418
What is /k/'s opinion on 73 easting?
>>
The American government had spent the 50 years before the engagement planning for a war where they'd be totally outgunned, outnumbered, desperately fighting for their lives until REFORGER could bring them reinforcements.

Then we got into a war with an enemy that used the same doctrine and equipment, but extremely incompetently, and in smaller numbers than us.
>>
>>29095209
one of the best examples of american armor being able to beat the shit out of everything else.
one hell of a trial by fire for the abrams as well.
>>
>>29095239
I don't think Soviet doctrine involved running away at the first sight of the enemy
>>
>>29095239

The Iraqis actually had more tanks and men than the coalition, but the quality wasn't there.
>>
>>29095209
One of the most brutal ass-fuckings in history. It was basically a quadruple-penetration male-on-male butt buttbang.
>>
>>29095455
That's pretty gay anon.
>>
>>29095455
spoken like a true 11B
>>
The only reason armor could run around having fun was because the more important air power allowed for it to happen.
>>
>>29095424
That was the cunning edition of the Iraqis.

Now having a heavily centralized command structure and no NCOs, that's straight Soviet.
>>
>>29095239
Holy shit that's practically /thread right there

also GPS
>>
>>29095618
and the M1A1s had much better thermals
>>
>>29095209
Iraq forces got savagely pegged by the dildo of freedom.
>>
>>29095490
How'd you know?
>>
>>29095691
decently homoerotic, swearing, and written like you would yell it.
I kinda have a spideysense for infantry
>>
>>29095720
Pretty sure we're all gay here in the infantry.
>>
>>29095488
>cue argument about how got fucked harder
>>
>>29095730
nah, just mostly.
the real gay guys are cav.
>>
>>29095209
>Bringing the best trained and equipped Army Corps that the US had
>Trained hardcore throughout the 80's to fight and WIN against the Soviets, not just give them a bloody nose
>Put them in completely different terrain and geography than they're used to
>tell them they're expected to take 30k casualties
>Arabs be Arabs
>Absolutely push their shit in

Not too surprising really, but the actual battle itself and tactics involved were masterfully pulled off.
>>
>>29095757
Yeah you're right. The big difference is they are openly gay, we're just closet fags.
>>
>>29095757
This.

>>29095730
Mostly correct.

First weekend in permanent duty station I'm with a crusty sergeant. He pops off with "I'd suck a million dicks right now for a dip". As we're passing a gas station. So I reply with "dude I literally just watched you check your wallet you've got like a hundred bucks in there" and he looks at me like spending $2-4 on a can of dip was somehow worse than sucking a dick.
>>
>>29095720
Can confirm. I read the post in R. Lee Ermy's voice and it flowed like cumlube.
>>
>>29095783
so if I understand correctly, infantry run on;
50% dip
25% rip its
15% hate
5% luck
5% actual willpower
>>
>>29095825
It's only 40% dip, you need to add 5% love for the infantry and army, and 5% absolute disdain for the infantry and army.
>>
>>29095825
In the field it's more like
>30% dip
>30% hate
>10% willpower
>10% self-deprecating humor (usually of a homoerotic nature)
>10% hangovers
>5% luck
>5% other MOS's pandering to them
>>
>>29095825
Oh also, this guy again:
>>29095857
Unless you're extremely broke nobody drips Rip Its in garrison. You only get them overseas. While they're in most gas stations near military bases, generally people buy Monsters or Red Bulls instead.
>>
>>29095890
>drips
drinks*

Although I'm now imagining someone hooking one up to an IV. I can see someone dumb enough to do it.
>>
>>29095239
>and in smaller numbers than us.
>1 battalion vs 2 brigades
I think your math is off
>>
>>29095209
An extremely anticlimactic ending to the Cold War, >>29095239 and >>29095768 described it better than I could.
>>
>>29095902
>IV of rip its
hey, if you have doc as a good friend, i'm sure it could happen
>>
File: mild surprise.jpg (5 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
mild surprise.jpg
5 KB, 234x215
>>29095902
>tfw ranger IV with a ripit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyXYkh9-mM

Fuck I loved this show.
>>
>>29095768
>Trained hardcore throughout the 80's to fight and WIN against the Soviets, not just give them a bloody nose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x99njmZxaMA
>Not too surprising really, but the actual battle itself and tactics involved were masterfully pulled off.
The Iraqis at the height of their military power and with the full backing of the world superpowers failed to defeat a weakened Iran.
They possessed a gargantuan mechanized army but failed against motherfucking Iranian infantry(you know, everyone from old men to kids when they nearly ran out of able bodied men), the latter turning the whole thing from a supposed early WW2-esque blitzkrieg of the Allies by Nazi Germany into a fucking WW1 style trench warfare slogfest...
Also, those same infantry managed to fucking outmaneuver fucking mechanized forces time and time again! Best part is an even smaller amount of lesser armed and trained fanatics on foot managed to rout entire Iraqi formations and capture huge amounts of territory and arms and gain recruits in recent years.
>>
>>29096899
Did you...
Did you actually read ANYTHING about the shit you just posted about? I mean actual, historical, non-reddit sources?

Because you didn't get a single bit of that shit right.
>>
>>29096899
I smell Slav trying to downplay Desert Storm again.

Let me remind you:
http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/documents/rs-storm.htm
>>
>>29097205
>I smell Slav trying to downplay Desert Storm again.
Not downplaying it. In fact Desert Storm was pulled off perfectly by the US and its allies, its just that the Iraqis are really that bad, only ones that were worse are the saudis.
>>
File: 1456177997667.gif (380 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1456177997667.gif
380 KB, 220x220
>>29097205
>that increasing damage control with each new week of operations
>>
>>29097346
Fuckin' glorious, ain't it?
>>
ISIS routed the Iraqi army the same way as USA did. ISIS without MBTs is as strong as USA army
>>
>>29095209
the one thing I pull out when some dweeb who's watched Pentagon Wars too much tries to shittalk the Bradley.
>>
>>29097414
I know this is bait, but even as bait the ignorance is truly staggering.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.