[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I illegally hunt rabbits???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: 5 001.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
5 001.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
I live next to a golf course that's infested with rabbits, they are a pest species so I'm not gonna get assblasted by EPA but if I get seen shooting them I'll end up in major shit.
so should I do it guys?.
>>
>>29088504

Yes
>>
>>29088504

nice try ATF

sage
>>
>>29088504
Do it with an air rifle
>>
The golf course can probably get a damage permit to kill rabbits, but they probably don't have the means to actually do it. See if you can work out a deal where you can hunt the rabbits for them and keep the rabbits to eat/skin for pelts.

>EPA

Do you know anything about wild game laws? Holy shit, dude.
>>
>>29088529
I have a silenced .22 ruger and that shit is pretty quiet.
>>
>>29088530
they poison them which seems like a bit of a waste of edible meat for both the dogs and me.
>>
>>29088558

Then that's because they don't have anyone to shoot them.
>>
>>29088593
I live in a pretty nofunz country so I'm unsure whether they would let me or not.
>>
>>29088627

You're willing to do it illegally, might as well offer them the "I'll shoot them for free." pitch. They sure as hell spend money on poison.

You can sell rabbit pelts for a couple dollars too. If you got some free time you get some meat out of it (super lean, so make sure you get fat from something else) and some extra cash.
>>
Where do you live?

If it's a rural area, just go talk to the course manager or property owner. They might just let you.
>>
>>29088504
Just get a damn trapping licence and trap them. Hell, depending on the local laws you might just set up a couple snares.
>>
>>29088504
you need a licence to hunt in your country? haha wow.
>>
File: 1423605577654.jpg (258 KB, 1075x473) Image search: [Google]
1423605577654.jpg
258 KB, 1075x473
>>29088806
>>
>>29088822
seriously. just ask the guys who own the course. likely they will be stoked.
I do it here all the time.
>>
>>29088806

Normally you need a registration, not a license. You pay a fee and that's pretty much it.
>>
File: Evil Wins Today.webm (715 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Evil Wins Today.webm
715 KB, 600x338
>>29088504
Snares are easy as shit and undetectable unless someone's really looking for them
Wire fishing line trace, tent peg, then just stick them in the burrows and runs. You'll want to check them early in the morning or late evening, that and you'll dodge the golfers which can be notorious faggots
>>
>>29088838
huh. interesting. here u just need permission from the property owner. some places u have to book with department of conservation. but there is no season or licence.
thanks anon
>>
>>29088504
Hey its not my life you are throwing away to hunt god damn rabbits so go ahead.
>>
>>29088862

Welcome to the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation. In the early 1900's we pretty much exterminated a ton of different species of animals in states all over the US. We now regulate hunting to make sure it's sustainable for the future.
>>
>>29088504
>pest control
>hunting
>epa

Come the fuck on now
>>
>>29088933
its more the fact that its literally next door to a national park so I'd assume they would be anti-gun as absolute fuck.
>>
>>29088710
New Zealand and its in a pretty forsested area so I could go full tacticool camouflaged if they said no.
>>
>>29088953

There are some National Parks you can hunt on. National Parks are under NPS and not EPA, btw.
>>
>>29088862
kind of sucks when the property owner is forest and bird AKA "I'll let them dump poison into the area that doesn't specifically target one species but fuck me if I'm gonna let someone use a small caliber rifle to specifically target a pest".
>>
File: allah.jpg (70 KB, 620x698) Image search: [Google]
allah.jpg
70 KB, 620x698
no. How do you know that it is "infested"? Because you see rabbits? In all likelihood the rabbits were fed/raised by the golf course.

If you really want to hunt them, maybe casually mention the rabbits to the owner/management and find out if they are actually a problem, or if they are just pets.

If so: shoot them, but only on your property.

If no: don't be a dick.
>>
File: B_tzcQ5UsAAEDSB.jpg (100 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
B_tzcQ5UsAAEDSB.jpg
100 KB, 600x849
>>29089068
aye. forest and bird are a bunch of cunts.

they wont let anyone use a gun for fear it might kill a bird, but happily dump 1080 all over the fucking place.
hurp durp birds don't touch it.
pic related
>>
>>29089152
if op is in nz then no. they were not raised by the golf course.
>>
>>29088841
Dude that's super mean. Golf balls can get pretty pricey.
>>
>>29089168
then it travels down the ecosystem from dead bird to eel then eel to crayfish and so forth. they are literally fucking over the thing they are trying so desperately to protect by banning recreational pest shooting.
>>
>>29088558
And you're not worried about shooting and eating a poisoned rabbit?
>>
>>29089385
>thats what the neighbors' cat is for.
>>
>>29089068
Hmm, you might want to get in touch with people scrutinizing their behaviour, maybe do something to provoke opposition to their use of poison?
>>
>>29089463
there's been multiple news stories and campaigns trying to ban it but they have the fucking audacity to say " what other means do we have of extermination, we just shoot them".
>>
>>29088504
You should go out of your way to slaughter any wild boar that you come across. Tey are way more fun anyways. You don't need a hunting license
>>
>>29089463
the poisoning campaign is government sanctioned and financed. the "research" done to the safety and effectiveness done by government paid scientists.
evidence to the contrary of the findings are dismissed as circumstantial or fraudulent.
NZ is not the clean green place the tourism board would have you believe
>>
>>29089552
*can't just shoot them.
>>
>>29089596
there a shit ton in the bush around my house, a few of them have had a healthy dosage of .303 in them.
>>
>>29089552
>>29089610
Hence why just a few people in this position would probably do well to try and exchange views with people who take issue with them.
>>
>>29089695
not long ago it looked like there was gonna be some accidental on purpose fires at the holding sheds for the poison.
but since that retarded milk formula bullshit all the protesters have been hiding under the bed
>>
>>29088627
So go up and ask them.
>>
>>29089666
The devil's trips.
>>
>>29088504
nah just report it to the state so desperately trying to justify its hegemonic monopolistic existence.
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 750x1334
My State: Can shoot cottontail rabbits on public land during winter, and land year round on private with a 20 dollar combination license for sport. Same goes for a few other small fur bearers like prarie dogs, coyotes, and muskrats.

If any wildlife is destroying your property, the GFP is only a call away. They will give permission to shoot regardless of liscense and will manage the problem on public lands, within reason. They mostly want to figure out if its a tagged bigger game, like mountain lions, bears, or moose. Fuck wolves... They just need to die. At least that's the case in my state.

I heard NY is neutering their deer. Is that blown out of proportion, or is there just not enough hunters?
>>
>>29088977

afaik, keeping the rabbits down is the duty of landholders in UK, so there might be a similar deal in NZ. If they are a pest species, and you use an air rifle, you should be fine. You can also get in touch with the golf course, and see if they need help controlling the rabbits.
>>
>>29088504
Yes. I grew up next to a shitty golf course. After dark (in summer make sure all drunk golfers are gone, they tend to linger) you will have the place to yourself. I killed plenty of rabbits and crows there.
>>
>>29088504
>so /k/ shooting rabbits is not illegal
>should I illegally shoot them?
>>
>>29088504
If they are doing damage to property, you should be able to gt a permit.
Check with the DNR
>>
>>29090615
Only legal to shoot in season.
>>
"accidentally" leave some poisoned rabbit food.
>>
Today's the last day of rabbit season.
>>
>>29088504
feed them.
>>
>>29090721
it's not wabbit season?
>>
Release foxes into the environment.
>>
Why not hunt them through non-firearm related methods? Time to learn how snares work.
>>
>>29091103
Wild or tame?
>>
Op /k/iwi here just go ask, if a town council is willing to let me shot rabbits in a botanical garden u can bet your arse a golf course wont have any trouble letting you remove pests. Also hunting permits are free and just an email in most places (and theres no season for pests eg goats, pig, possum and deer)
>>
>>29090334
Or maybe its a crybaby state full of whiney wimps who want the deer to starve to death instead of getting shot.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.