[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much access does the military have to your medical records?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: AppleTechLand.jpg (84 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
AppleTechLand.jpg
84 KB, 500x370
How much access does the military have to your medical records?
Is it still plausible to lie at MEPs and get away with it?
>>
>>29082156
It's possible if it doesn't affect your performance but if they find out in an examination or something they will discharge you
>>
>>29082156
>Is it still plausible to lie at MEPs and get away with it?

Absolutely not. You're gonna have to report every single thing. Do not lie, they WILL find out and when they do, you're fucked.

Be smart and fess up.
>>
>>29082168

DUDE WEED, LMAO!
>>
>>29082156
Is this about the "Do you have two testicles" box? They will check that themselves.
>>
>>29082156
if there is a great big scar or you have pin/plates any metal inside your body, don't lie about it. And if you have flat feet, forget about it, had a guy in my platoon that arched his feet at MEPS to get in, 2nd day of basic he couldn't handle the pain anymore and went to sick call and fessed up. He was gone by the second week.
>>
>>29082156
anything that can't be proven by medical record or criminal record, don't mention. Anything suspect or waiver needing in your medical record, get listed as taken care of.
>>
Will they contact your physician for your former records?
I've got childhood asthma, minor bee sting allergy, and I have a common as fuck joint disease. The joint disease I'll have to fess up to because there's evidence of it, but what about the rest?
>>
>>29082511
>joint disease
I am guessing this will disqualify you, few people ever leave the Military with healthier joints than they did before.
>>
>>29082355

They can't access your medical records without your written consent.
>>
>>29082511

Everything should be reported.

They'll ask when your last asthma attack was, if it was a few years back you'll be fine.

They'll just give you an epi-pen for the bee allergy, and it'll probably get taped to your camelbak or something during training.

Joint thing sounds like it'll need a waiver, but if it's common/minor, that should go through.
>>
>>29082511
if you don't really have problems with your asthma anymore (i.e. you have good cardiovascular health and haven't touched an inhaler in years) you can get them to write it off

i believe it's that you can't have had trouble with it in 15 years or something but they're not going to know the difference if it's not gonna be a problem, and you only really ever get a full on asthma attack once
>>
>>29082156
Not OP

What about psychiatric drugs? Took Ridalin/Concerta from 7th grade until I was 22. I don't need it and its not a problem, but would they find out about that?
>>
>>29082230
I have a slighty flattened foot arch (ankle is not misaligned) and i never had issues with long marches or running.
>>
OP here.
Most of it doesn't affect me anymore.(Asthma that was just me being lazy, Flat feet that doesn't hurt, Depression over mom and dad's divorce, and being an impatient for depression.)
I was planning on just not telling them anything.
>>
I have a genetic mutation. Kinda how hitler preferes blue eyes, What does the quarn about all that?
>>
>>29082776
The fact that you plan on anything in meps should be why you're disqualified bit your not talking to the psychologist yet.
>>
>>29082156
I lied about having ADD and taking medicine for it within a year or some shit like that, I got away with it
>>
>>29082776
>and being an impatient for depression
I assume you mean "in-patient."

I don't know how much they can find, but something like that I can guarantee they'll shitcan you for if not cleared for it at MEPS.
>>
>>29082849
It was inpatient, sorry. This happened when I was 9. That was 10 years ago. On top of that, I believe my state destroys records every 7 years.
>>
>tfw I probably have a broken foot but won't get it fixed/"ya it's broken wear this bootie" because I don't want a record of the injury if I ever join da military
>>
>>29082561
Just lie about that shit. I'm going to MEPS on Monday and I'm gonna lie about my broken ankle. They don't have access to any of your medical records unless you sign them over for something else. However once you do lie you need to keep to it, if you tell the truth later on it will kill you
>>
Interest bump
>>
>>29082776

> Depression
> Being treated in an actual medical facility for depression

Nope. No armed forces for you, instant shitcan.
>>
>>29083616
Could they even find out? Seems like you can hide anything medical from them.
>>
File: 1276509288767s.jpg (3 KB, 109x126) Image search: [Google]
1276509288767s.jpg
3 KB, 109x126
I don't know if anyone knows this. But I enlisted and believed /k/ though I didn't do anything to lie about enlisting. However here is the interesting part.

HIPA stops the disclosure of medical documents, but of the 200 things you sign, one of them waives your HIPA rights. I didn't know that until I looked into my permanent file 2 years later. If you give them a reason to get something, they can get it.

Face unrelated.
>>
>>29083616
Wasn't even my choice. Mother was a fucking idiot who believed everything that was spoonfed to her.
>>
MEG is fucking useless. Basically the same situatuon as OP. How likely am I to get in?
>>
>>29084068
I'm a step worse than you, still trying to get in. I can tell you right now, don't have your heart set on Navy or Air Force because they're incredibly selective. However, what I'm hearing is that the Army and Marines can get you in, provided you get a good recruiter who's willing to help push the paperwork through.
>>
>>29084244
Oh can you go with me when I enlist I can use all the help
>>
>>29085505
Dude, trust me, you're way, way better off than me.

>Mom found out what "aspergers" was when I was 15 and tells everyone she knows I have it (I don't, I actually went to a doctor and got checked out)
>Got sep'd out of navy boot for "depression" because I mentioned to the one fucking civilian shrink at Great Lakes that "I really don't think I should have gone right into the navy" and she figured the best thing to do would be to send me out on a 2311
>got baker acted because friend of my ex took a comment out of context and told everyone that I was going to kill myself, and then called the cops

I'm praying like a motherfucker right now, but I really don't think the recruiter can help me too much. I can't even lie about the baker act, because I was dead-ass broke at the time and didn't pay the bill... now it's on my credit report until I'm 28, and I'm pretty goddamn sure MEPS wouldn't have to look too hard to figure out what it's there for.
>>
Where are they going to get your medical records? Imagine being a dude working at meps. Are you going to call every hospital and ask them "did patient xxx have surgery" They'll fucking hang up on you.

They'll never know shit unless you tell them. I know a guy who did two enlistments with a felony arrest warrant out for him for dealing coke. He got out of active duty and checked into his reserve unit, was a total arrogant shitbag so one of the gunnies who was also a cop ran his name and whaddya know, he got to arrest the faggot in formation and read him his rights.

tldr; the military won't know shit unless you tell them.
>>
>>29082156
Why do any of you want a shitty military job anyway? Why would you want one badly enough to lie about your past to get in, especially because when, not if, they find out most of this shit you're getting 86'd out. Or, you'll die from your asthma attack in a ditch while being stung by bees you're allergic to while you bitch about your flat feet, depression, adhd, and aspergers...
>>
>>29082156

they wont know what you dont tell them.
>>
File: Capture.png (431 KB, 378x545) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
431 KB, 378x545
>>29082776
Armyfag here, I had asthma and I am fine and 2 years into my contract. Don't join though at least not as a 13B.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.