[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could a pair of daggers ever beat a sword? Seems like it would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: photo.jpg (64 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
64 KB, 900x900
Could a pair of daggers ever beat a sword? Seems like it would never happen given a sword's reach and weight.
>>
>>29070022
Yeah, but don't forget he was a FOOKIN' LEGEND
>>
throw knife
ez frag
>>
>>29070022
I think that exact thought was intended to speak to his skills as an assassin.
>>
>>29070022
An ice pick could defeat a guy with a sword. It's all about context.
>>
>>29070098
Matt pls go.
>>
>>29070022
Find a way to negate the sword's reach.

Depending on the construction of the daggers you could also Parry>Bind>Shank him with the other hand.
>>
IRL? No. You have to seriously fuck up to be beaten by twin daggers when you have a long sword.

But you're forgetting that he was a FOOKIN LEGEND IN GIN ALLEY.
>>
If all things were completely equal, no.
But real life doesn't work that way.
>>
>>29070022
If you're the Legend of Gin Alley, anything is possible
>>
Ambush him with a cup of coffee
>>
>>29070022
A spear and a dagger would win more often than not.

Two daggers is stupid though.
>>
Poleaxe wins.

>inb4 swordfag butthurt
>>
"Where's me FOOKIN! TEA!!!!!!!"
>>
>>29070022
It's possible but not probable.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 480x394) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 480x394
>>
>>29070022
Fairly certain the show showcases the reason why the knives were superior. Small enclosed space and a vast difference in fighting styles, morals and conduct.

Of course, what knight would be caught dead by some funny looking dickhead with two knives when every knight should be carrying a mace, a knife and whatever else he's trained with for close quarters combat.
>>
Conor McGregor with his fists would defeat any neckbeard swordsman in this thread.
>>
>>29070245
>spear and dagger
for what purpose
why not sword and dagger
why not spear and shield
why not two hand spear
>>
>>29071321
Why not spear and spear? Let's ride this retard train all the way to OP central
>>
>>29071321
Spearmen are known to strap knives to their shoulders/thighs so they can counter attack whenever they miss
Spear and shield are the classic though. But it is still subjective to the type of battle
>>
>>29071321
Using a spear with a small buckler and a knife was a very popular and effective style in Roman times.
>>
>>29070022
>Could a pair of daggers ever beat a sword?
Daggers, propably not.
But poleaxes and longswords are famously countered by simple bucklers and maces which are smaller and lighter than a shortsword. Take that as you will
>>
When that show deviates from the source material, the writing markedly declines in quality.

>*cough* stannis *cough*
>>
>>29071387
Huh?
I'm pretty sure that the buckler has yet to be invented. Roman legionaires used tower shields, one-handed spears, and gladius.
>>
>>29070022
only in vidya
>>
>>29070022
Stay out of his reach till he gets tired, then wait for an opening and gut. Easier if he's wearing full plate and is slow and heavy as shit.
>>
>>29071321
>>29071364
You can never have too many knives.
>>
Never. Your reach is important as fuck, the cunt would get sliced in half immediately, it doesn't matter how much of a FOOKIN LEGEND you are, you're fucked if you try and take on a sword with a couple of bullshit daggers.
>>
>>29070022

Sure, but the one with the daggers would be at a considerable disadvantage.
>>
>>29070022
Not unless they were possessed or something.

Normally they just sit there until a person picks them up and uses them.

I suppose if they were possessed they could beat a sword. I am not sure what they would beat it into though.

>>29070098
>ice pick could defeat a guy with a sword. It's all about context.

I guess if the ice pick happened to get securely placed, pointy side up, on a spot where the guy with the sword was accustomed to flopping without looking?

Is that what you mean by context?
>>
>>29072481
He's not just a FOOKIN LEGEND, he's a FOOKIN LEGEND IN GIN ALLEY!
>>
File: 1449565130701.gif (691 KB, 255x209) Image search: [Google]
1449565130701.gif
691 KB, 255x209
>People actually think that only one weapon was carried by soldiers

Peasant milita? Yeah. Maybe just a spear.

Trained soldiers? Multiple weapons.
>>
>>29071804
except when you're swimming
>>
File: Jon Snow vs Clubfoot Karl.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Jon Snow vs Clubfoot Karl.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>29070957
>Small enclosed space and a vast difference in fighting styles, morals and conduct.
This.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.