[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If everybody had a gun, there would be less crime. If every nation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: how it should be done.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
how it should be done.webm
2 MB, 640x360
If everybody had a gun, there would be less crime.
If every nation had a nuke, there would be world peace.
Discuss.
>>
>>28939907
Your statement is stupid because you go from relatively less to 0.

SOMEONE will use their gun for bad shit. Just as someone will do with their nuke.
>>
>>28939968
Yes but the vast number of people will be dissuaded from using their firearm for crime if they know they have a 95% chance of being killed in retaliation

Yes, of course there are still people who are stupid enough to commit crimes with an armed society, but they deserve to die
>>
>>28939907
If everyone had a dragon dildo, life would be alot more fun
>>
>>28939968
I didn't say there would be zero crime and no minor conflicts.
I said less crime and no major wars.
>>
>>28940004
>>28940105
if every country had a nuke then it only takes one rogue state, like Daesh, to trigger mass global thermonuclear war.

and if everyone had a gun, minor scuffles would turn into firefights. Imagine the KKK and BLM just meet up in the streets, it'd be chaos.
>>
>>28940189
>and if everyone had a gun, minor scuffles would turn into firefights. Imagine the KKK and BLM just meet up in the streets, it'd be chaos.

shall not be infringed.
SHALL.
NOT.
BE.
INFRINGED.
>>
Everyone of importance have nooks, though.
>>
>>28940189
I'm fairly certain that almost all of the KKK owns a firearm. What's stopping them from just showing up at a BLM movement and having at it? Does their sense of honor prevent it because it wouldn't be a fair fight?
>>
That may or may not be true but is certainly not straightforwardly nuts. See, for example,

http://polsci.colorado.edu/sites/default/files/10B_Waltz.pdf
http://belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu/files/uploads/Rauchhaus_Evaluating_the_Nuclear_Peace.pdf
>>
>>28940329
I'm fairly certain at least half the KKK is made up of FBI, CIA, NSA or ATF. so it's not happening
>>
File: giphy.gif (499 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
499 KB, 500x246
>>28940239
Jesus Christ you people invoke the second amendment even when someone isn't in favor of forcibly arming every citizen.

>>28940329
KKK doesn't feel threatened, and they are bugged out the ass because they are a domestic terrorist group.
>>
>>28940397
So what you're saying is some guys with guns are keeping a lid on other guys with guns?
>>
>>28940486
>using logic
this angers the redneck.
>>
>>28940649
But I am a redneck. Displaced hillbilly, to be more precise.
>>
>>28940930
>Displaced hillbilly
elaborate.
>>
>>28941115
>family full of hillbillies doing hillbilly things
>son gets pissed off at abusive dad
>leaves and never going back
>hillbilly inna city
>has kids of own
>oh shit, family is important
>hillbilly morals floppy disc installed
>move to rural area
>visit family often for sake of kids
>kids now hillbillies but more opportunity, less banjo
I've gone more city, but hillbilly dies hard and surfaces when it is tested. I still have a lot of friends and family back there.
>>
>>28939907
>If every nation had a nuke, there would be world peace.

Not necessarily 'world peace', but we haven't had a major, direct conflict between superpowers in almost 80 years. Whereas prior to the atom bomb such a conflict occurred every 20-30 years or so.

There's a lot to be said for MAD.
>>
>>28941724
indeed
>>
>>28941724
I have to remind people of this every time someone spouts that we should get rid of nukes or nukes are bad.
>>
>>28939907
Africa with nukes you say huh, Whababbi Kebabs with nuke you say, world peace oley obei udai nowaii.
>>
>>28942072
lemme guess, you are against gun ownership too?
>>
lmao
>>
>>28939907
Guns aren't the issue, people are.

Americans have always had a culture of justified killing about them. Our movies reflect this a lot. The mentality and moral compass is what's wrong with this country, not our gun ownership.
>>
>>28943032
>justified killing
none of the shootings that caused media attention were perceived as justified by the people, or what are you implying.
>>
>>28939907
Not really because crazies will be crazies, whether its a crazy with a gun or a crazy nation with a nuke.

Just like there are some people who should not be allowed to have guns at all, there are some nations (really, most of the world's nations) that shouldn't have any nukes at all.

Specifically with nukes, mutually assured destruction only works between great/super-powers, as they have enough people to manage and enough cool-minded people in high government ranks to not do anything stupid (i.e. have a nuclear arsenal in being but never use the nukes).

But then you get to, say, the shitstorm between Pakistan and India, and a nuclear exchange would be on a small enough scale that the only thing really holding back either nations are the greater world powers convincing them that nuke usage is not a good idea. (Thankfully, tensions between Pakistan and India seem to be cooling quite considerably.) North Korea has a similar situation where the only thing really holding them back from nuking the South is a near-nonexistent nuclear arsenal and China keeping the Kim's on a leash.

And if the numerous little unstable sub-Saharan African nations/Balkan states have nukes to fire at each other, it would be a fucking nightmare.

MAD only works on a large scale between sober governments.
>>
>>28943151
not that anon, but it's not so much the general public finding the killing justified, so much as the killer themselves thinking they were justified in killing.

Although, whenever a police officer shoots anybody & it gets national media attention, there are always a substantial number of "thin blue line" drones who will defend even the most inexcusable actions on the part of an individual officer.
>>
>>28939907
All the important nations have nukes right now and they haven't been to war with each other since the creation of said nukes. Seems about right.
>>
>>28943220
so who gets to decide who is OK to have a gun or a nuke?
the guys with guns and nukes?
highly abusable.
>>
>>28943250
>killer themselves thinking they were justified in killing.
probably not an US only thing.
agree with the rest though.
>>
It wouldn't do shit just like banning every gun. Gun laws and crime rate are independent the only difference is how often guns will be used in crime.
In my middle-class canadapoor suburban I don't even need to lock the doors why because half the neighborhood have 100k+ of income some might even be millionaires will I am barely in the middle-class.
>>
>>28943498
"no negros in canada" shitpost in 3 2 1...
>>
This doesn't work one goddamn bit.
There are insane motherfuckers who do not care. I believe in gun control, and its purpose is to keep all the guns out of the hands of some people, not this fucked up britbong bullshit of keeping some of (the end goal being all) the weapons out of the hands of everybody.

But yeah, if every adult had a gun, we'd have less crime. But there's a better method.

As for the nuke bullshit. If a nuke goes of, world peace is a lie.
>>
>>28943580
hypocritical much?
both are weapons.
either you accept both or none.
>>
>>28943608
Nope. Crime and world peace are different concepts. War isnt a crime. Crime is violation of laws. There are no laws that truely govern war.

Further more, OPs state is less crime, world peace. One is a reduction, the other is an elimination. Every citizen with a gun reduces crime, that solution creates the desired effect.

Every nation with a nuke unbound by law, someone will fire, and there will not be world peace. I don't even think it'd really reduce conflicts either.
>>
>>28943668
>everybody got a gun
>somebody will fire
>lots of dead in the resulting shootouts
sound familiar?
>>
>>28943281
Not him but...

Its fairly obvious who should and who should not have nukes. People can see that, its a displayed trait of society through social interaction.

As for abuse of power, this is also a displayed trait, and should be handled by the masses. The 2nd amendment for example, was implemented for this reason. Expand that very same concept to a global scale, and you get shit like the U.N.
>>
>>28939907
Oh shit.
Where was this?
Brazil?
>>
File: ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (149 KB, 1173x1389) Image search: [Google]
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
149 KB, 1173x1389
>>28939907
awwwwwwww hell yeah my favorite gun realted threads, I love how mods remove /k/ related shit, but not this
>>
>>28943702
Sounds like a guy walkes into a gas station and demands money, then some fat fuck in the back shoots him. Ending the confrontation.

Sounds like a guy walkes into a school and starts shooting kids, until he passes the 3rd grade english teachers door and she shoots him in the back.

Sounds like some guy opens the door to a movie theater and shoots a guy before 16 people have him at gun point.

Sounds like 4 sand niggers on a plane start shitting their pants when the people in isle and the window seat move their guns to their laps after an hour in the air.

Sounds pretty good.

Sounds like a Christian killing muslim starts shooting up a mall when 20+ people start shooting back.

Sound pretty fucking good.
>>
>>28944127
An armed society is a polite society because if you start shit someone will shoot you in the fucking head.
>>
File: smug animation.gif (185 KB, 336x224) Image search: [Google]
smug animation.gif
185 KB, 336x224
>If every nation had a nuke, there would be world peace.
That explains why America doesn't want anyone to have them.
>>
What if NO ONE had a gun and no nation had a nuke?
>>
>>28939907
Fuck that was brutal, that guy tries to stand up and they execute him, holy shit
>>
>>28944357
Taking away our right to take your land
Fuck off, eurofag, you're just jealous your country doesn't have them.

You just wait, one day we'll steam roll your country and turn it into our 54th state. Then you'll see the hardship of being an American. Having to be the worlds police and shit.
>>
>>28944374
>what if no law abiding citizen had a gun, and any country who decides it wants to sign a document had no nukes?
FTFY
>>
>>28944383
>eurofag
Australian actually. We almost had nukes, but then you cockblocked us.
>>
>>28944387
>>28944374
Oh, not to mention we already went through that faze. It was called every century ever before the 16-17th centuries really hit the gun off.

Before that people were just shaking and throwing spears at each other. No different from now.
>>
>>28944393
>Australian
>pretending like your not part of the commonwealth
Plz, Britain would've cried "BooHoo" and your PM would bend over for the queens dragon sized dragon dildo. Then you would've just given them to us.

Stay mad europoor.

>inb4 Ausfalia's not in eurrrooopppp
Its still a territory that is apart of a European country. It still counts, fags
>>
File: 1375446702358.png (34 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1375446702358.png
34 KB, 493x402
>>28944408
Wow
Such trole
Many troling
Very hurt feels
>>
>>28939907
No. Governments are monopolies on violence. It is in their nature and purpose to start or be involved in conflict of some sort.
>>28939968
And this.
>>28940105
>using nukes
>minor conflict
Sure thing, buddy.
>>
>if everyone had a nuke there would be world peace

The only time nukes where dropped is when only one country had nukes

So yes. You are correct
>>
>>28941659
Faggot
>>
>>28943557
We have natives but I lived in America with actual criminals
Canada is straight pussy
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.