[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fight the HP wizards? Remember that they can teleport,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 28
File: Voldemortwallpaper.jpg (15 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
Voldemortwallpaper.jpg
15 KB, 210x210
How would you fight the HP wizards? Remember that they can teleport, have one hit kill spells, mind control spells, pain spells, and can summon kinetic barriers for bullets. Is it hopeless? Should we just bow to our wizard overlords?
>>
File: 1428095883166.jpg (52 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1428095883166.jpg
52 KB, 750x600
>>28923314

This.
>>
drone strikes
>>
Chemical weapons
>>
>>28923328

You'd run out of bullets before they run out of spells, they don't have D&D spell point limits.
>>
>>28923351
>You'd run out of bullets

only need one brah
>>
>>28923351

How do you know their magic rules?

How do you know how many bullets I have?

You don't know shit nigger.
>>
>>28923314
Think about how fast a bullet travels. Now think about how long it takes to shout "avada kadabra" or whatever bullshit they say.
There you go.
>>
Shotguns. Seriously, if the wizards hadn't been so up their own asses, a quick jaunt to a muggle hunting goods store would have solved that whole magical fascist uprising before tea.
>>
>"Expecto sniper-us!"
>"Avada dronestrike-da!"
>"Expelli-mines-us!"
>>
File: Frank Castle.jpg (112 KB, 1263x633) Image search: [Google]
Frank Castle.jpg
112 KB, 1263x633
ITT: Bitches who don't know about long range capabilities

>>28923404
>>
>>28923404
Also makes it really damn easy that they don't know how to blend in or bother with "muggle gadgets" so a gun would be foreign to them. Makes them pretty easy targets.
>>
File: Interverstang.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Interverstang.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>28923415
>Buying Rooty-Tooty-Point-'N-Shooties in Bongtown.

Was Harold Patter an allegory for gun ownership?
>>
>>28923314
Rowling herself has stated that, in a battle between a wizard with a wand and a muggle with a shotgun, the muggle with the shotgun will usually win.

In this scenario, are we fighting the entire wizarding world or just dark wizards like Voldemort?

If we're fighting the entire wizarding world we're fucked; the bastards just have cast the Imperius curse on world leaders and military personnel and they could easily control all the world's WMD's. One cunt hair out of line and we'll all be bleached skulls.

And I, for one, would like to welcome our new wizard overlords. As a /k/ommando, I can be of use rounding up normies to toil in your potion factories.

If we're fighting with good wizards on our side though, they can both protect us and keep the powers of dark wizards focused on themselves, allowing us to get whatever weapons we need in place to finish the job.
>>
>>28923454
I hope not. Considering J K however you spell it was living in the gutter at the time of its conception. If even the most impoverished Britbongs think about getting rid of rooty tooty point and shootys above their next meal then there's something real wrong happening across the pond.
>>
>>28923454

I don't think they are limited to London.
>>
>>28923404
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

>implying muggles aren't nigger class citizens for a good reason
>implying boolits would intimidate a master race so hardcore that they let teenagers fly around on broomsticks hundreds of feet above ground and nobody gives a shit
>implying medical technology so advanced that bones dissolving, trans-species genetic transformation and spontaneous matter generation inside your body making you vomit leeches is literally school nurse tier problems would have trouble healing boolit wounds.
>implying that a master race that shoot fire balls by thinking hard about it is vulnerable to your tiny pieces of high velocity lead and copper

Don't make me laugh. Because it's not funny
>>
>>28923314
Good thing they never utilize these abilities to their theoretical max capabilities

But yeah, modern small arms and good tactical fundamentals should be good to go most of the time. You would probably want wizards for shit like the magical super-zombies and dementors
>>
File: 1387129468802.png (364 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
1387129468802.png
364 KB, 600x606
>>28923556

Last time I checked wizards can't heal having their head blown apart
>>
You can pull the trigger on a gun quicker than a wizard can recite whatever hibbity hobbity phrase they need to cast a spell.
>>
>>28923514
Except if you think about it in terms of wands = guns and the whole thing is about gun ownership it's really really anti gun control. The government traces everything underage wizzards do and is portrayed as a bad thing considering how much it fucks with the main characters. The completely evil totalitarian ruler who bans defensive magic use is counteracted by students forming a secret army to train to fight. The whole time government is portrayed as completely inept and the idea that it should be trusted wholely for protection is stupid.
>>
High powered rifle, rooftop. Pretty hard to cast spells when you get your head scooped off before you know you're in danger.
>>
Why not both?

>there will never be tactical magical wizard OPERATORS using SCAR-Hs with underslung wand attachments, invisibility cloaks, time rewinding devices, and tactical insertion by broomstick
>>
>>28923610
>time rewinding devices,

JK really made a boner move when introducing time traveling into the series. Time travel breaks the story beyond repair for 99/100 stories that don't get it right.
>>
>>28923610
>Broomstick Rangers
>Flying APCs
>Seal Team Dementor
>>
>>28923602
Oooh good points anon. Doubt JKR thought of that interpretation.
>>
>>28923596
Bitch please. Time turners. Your tactics are irrelevant.
>>
>>28923715
Oh you mean the rare relics and one of which is in Hermoine's possession that was never used again?
>>
>>28923715
>used once
>never touched again because they are OP bullshit
>>
Actually wizards are in hiding from muggles for their own safety, as you might remember. Being pretty violent against things we don't understand, and having amassed some pretty ridiculous means of killing, we would entirely obliterate the small pack of supernatural freaks that seem to be stuck in 18th-19th century, as far as technology goes.
Even Rowling mentioned that the entire issue of a mass murderer that wreaked havoc on magical society for a decade could have been solved instantly by a gun or two. But, you know, seeing how it's taking place in bongistan and all..
>>
>>28923314
Should a frontal assault be required, I would imagine something like the fatman from fallout becoming a thing.
>>
>>28923314
Shoot them with a caster
>>
File: 30caliber_killing_curse_7779web.jpg (398 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
30caliber_killing_curse_7779web.jpg
398 KB, 1600x1067
It takes a wizard to kill a wizard.
>>
>>28923724
Common enough to be given to a muggle fucking school girl.
>>
>>28923866
Is that a pony with a tavor? Please no.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 1451x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 1451x816
>>28923314
>Remember that they can teleport, have one hit kill spells, mind control spells, pain spells, and can summon kinetic barriers for bullets

Let me stop you there

They would be laying on the ground bleeding to death before they even heard a gunshot and realized that they were being fired at.

And if you pulled the trigger at the same time they were casting a spell, they'd be struck before they could even finish their chant.

If you were far enough away that they could finish before they were hit, they wouldn't even realize you're there.
>>
File: pottergun.gif (500 KB, 500x222) Image search: [Google]
pottergun.gif
500 KB, 500x222
Something like this.
>>
>>28923730
Which kinda proves the point that wizards are overpowering. They give time travel technology to fucking schoolgirls.
>>
>>28923883
Google is a thing that exists
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Time-Turner
>>
>>28923314
you must be fucking joking. They have to take time to utter some dumb shit incantation, wave a wand, and then wait for the slow as shit spell to hit. They'd be easy pickings for dmrs.
>>
File: u fukkin cuttin me off bro.jpg (27 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
u fukkin cuttin me off bro.jpg
27 KB, 500x667
As for everyone mentioning chanting, there is actually non-verbal techniques to casting by just thinking it. In fact, in that action-packed duel between Gandalf and Michael Jackson at the end of movie 5, neither of them uttered a word through the entire battle. Man that must have looked goofy without all the CG.
>>
>>28924032
Good thing high powered rifle rounds tend to hit their target before the shot is heard.
>>
>>28924061
This
>>
>>28923314
Use guerrilla tactics. IEDs, ambushes, and snipers.

If you've killed or incapacitated a wizard before he knows he's under attack, he can't cast a spell.
>>
I tried arguing this exact point one time. It all becomes really simple because you can just make shit up to defend the wizard side. Its simple, anything you could say can be countered with well muggle technology simply would stop working. Like pull a gun in Hogwarts and bs presto magic nothing would happen if you pulled the trigger cause magic.

No matter what you can't beat magic because it follows no sense of realism.
>>
>>28924124
>Like pull a gun in Hogwarts and bs presto magic nothing would happen if you pulled the trigger cause magic.

No, magic doesn't stop chemical reactions like gunpowder, it messes with electronics.

Really a war between muggles and wizards is about surprise. If muggles found out about wizards somehow and decided to exterminate them in a surprise attack, then they would win. But if it failed and wizards got wise to it, then they'd win. They would just have 24/7 kinetic barriers to stop bullets including long distance shots, they'd imperio world leaders, teleport in to bullet factories and blow them up, etc. Prolonged wars between muggles and wizards would end in the wizards' favor.
>>
>>28924032
Magic without voicing the spell is rare. Only some of the most powerful wizards can cast with out chanting. The books reference this face several times. Dumbledor and Voldemort are 2 very powerful wizards, of course only a sith lord and gandalf the white are the only 2 that are recognized as being able to do it.
>>
>>28923850
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBArXz3cWos

Alternatively, any rifle and shooter capable of making shots past 100yds would probably be enough.
>>
>>28923556
Motherfucker they didn't even know what stitches were.
>>
>>28923459
>If we're fighting the entire wizarding world we're fucked; the bastards just have cast the Imperius curse on world leaders and military personnel and they could easily control all the world's WMD's. One cunt hair out of line and we'll all be bleached skulls.
Using WMD's would hurt them just as much as us; they live on the same planet after all. And you cannot control the whole population. Organisations with rigid command structures would be vulnerable, but gorilla warfare would make life hell for wizards.
>>
Honestly, the hardest part is not actually killing them, as any sniper or drone could pop them before they can teleport out or muster a defense.

The problem is discovering them, and tracking them while bringing a strike asset into position. Mind modification is a huge problem for HUMINT reports; cameras everywhere can help a lot--though it's hard to say how effective illusions would be against them (plus they need constant monitoring by a large staff).

Once you've actually found them in some spot for any length of time, it's not so hard to have a fast-reaction team of snipers.

Much bigger problem is as >>28923459 said, they could do very effective counters to being hunted down. Whether it's your team being disbanded by higher ups, losing its budget, having WMD counterstrike threats, or even just some guy on your strike force being captured and spilling everything to a mind control curse, you'd have to have the hunting organization set up in such a fashion that they didn't exist to anyone who might know, and were funded adequately for the next 10 years all at the outset.
>>
>>28924344
>gorilla

Guerilla
>>
>>28924256
It can animate stone, move items and modify chemical reactions / control alchemy; you'd better hope they don't find a way to abra-kadabra-all-guns-are-now-useless
>>
>>28924362
Gorilla. How new are you?
>>
>>28924362
Newfag
>>
>>28924369

Old enough to know how to spell. Listen kid I'm partially weapons trained. Don't EVER respond to me again.
>>
>>28923314
JK Rowling did note that if humans and wizards did go to war, humans would crush them hard. To note, Voldemort and Dumbledore were the most powerful wizards, and those in Hoggworts are much more powerful than most wizards in general. So in reality, most wizards ate complete scrubs and guns would wreck the shit or of them
>>
>>28923314

Biological warfare or nukes

Only time guns would be good is an ambush scenario or long range fighting

They can't maintain shields forever
>>
>>28924387

Bubblehead charm ain't shit when your skin is blistering, and you don't need to breath in nerve agents
>>
>>28924256
That's assuming both sides are extremely competent and well trained. It's been shown, time and time again, that the magical word only has a an inkling of what the muggles can do. What's also interesting is that spells, charms and curses have their limits. If Emma Watson could shatter Daniel Radcliffe's shield charm with a well placed Jelly-Legs Jinx, how many bullets do you think a kinetic barrier spell could stop? It's not like most of them are Michael Gambon or Ralph Fiennes tier. Those two are exceptions, not rules.

Though, I think a JDAM would do fine for them. If not, a Davy Crockett for shits and giggles.
>>
Nukes
>>
>>28924124

>Recognizing that the whole HP universe is built on arbitrary laws meant to appeal to a preteen audience.

Yeah, but that's no fun. Chris Kyle-Van Helsing joint-ops when?
>>
It will be something like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxFKDzW0qdg
>>
>>28924416
>Though, I think a JDAM would do fine for them. If not, a Davy Crockett for shits and giggles.

Again, that's assuming the muggles had the drop on them. If not, the wizards can just cast a spell so that muggles can never find them like they did with hogwarts.
>>
>>28924268
I have to come clean guys. I never liked the Nanoha series, and I felt really, really bad watching that.
>>
>>28923314
Shoot them.

Rowling herself admitted the wizards hide from the muggles for a reason.
>>
>>28924461

They don't see muggles as a threat, just a nuisance. It's more efficient to just hide from them than to be bothered with fighting them.
>>
>>28923351
They would run out of lives before I ran out of ammo.
>>
>>28923404
>avada kadabra
Don't try to pretend like you don't know the actual words anon.
>>
>>28923602
Damn, never thought of it that way.
>>
>>28924451
You also have to take into account what >>28924386 said. Most of them aren't that good, and even if they got wind of the Muggles' intents, well, be honest. Would they even take the Muggles seriously? They've been portrayed as pretty damn incompetent in general, with only a few special, elite individuals running the whole show/keeping it all from falling apart. Even the grand concealment spells and such were cast long ago by masters. It's not just a matter of only getting the jump on one another, but hunting one another down.

If wizards got the jump, attrition would slowly kill their best over time simply because there's so many muggles to kill/subjugate, leaving a bunch of incompetent but powerful scrubs. If muggles got the jump, it would be more the matter of tracking down the POIs and then the rest, which is also a nightmare as >>28924354 said.

No matter what, it's a Long War.

I'm all for the M-COM initiative however.
>>
>>28923627
She did it kind of right by making it a stable time loop--i.e. nothing you do actually changes what happened, it always happened (which has severe philosophical ramifications but that's for another discussion).

>>28923715
See above. Time turners can't actually change the past because what you do in the past always happened.
>>
>>28924453
You should. I'm the one who posted that. The only good Nanoha is the first two seasons (and by extension the movies). Seasons 3 and 4 are a complete departure from the series and suffered immensely in writing and production for various reasons. They're only worth watching for select scenes.

My main draw to Nanoha is how it rebels against the idea of a mahou shoujo fighting for justice and for her friends. Nanoha herself is a very well constructed character.
>>
>>28924521
>I'm all for the M-COM initiative however.

Develop your answer.
>>
>>28924453
Maybe you should've watched some mecha first.

No, I'm serious.
>>
>>
>>28923314

White phosphorous bomb loaded onto an anti ship missile that moves mach 10.
>>
>>28924534
He's right. Fans of mecha will be predisposed to enjoy Nanoha.

Nanoha progressively turns into a Gundam. By Force (yet to be adapted) she looks uncannily like the Hi-v Gundam.
>>
>>28924558
Also, funnels/bits are the bomb.
>>
>>28923314
I'm not entirely sure how that kind of magic worked, but the magical death murderball shit that you're talking about supposedly fucks up your soul to pretty extreme degrees (they don't say how), so most of them wouldn't actually try to kill us. Also, since spells have to be taught in a class there's probably more to it than just thinking the words and having the universe bend to your will, to the point that a certain degree of concentration and willpower (and aim) is required, and most wizards probably aren't on the level of moldymort or a magic school professor. It would take a lot of lives and air support, as well as whole new tactics, but they could be fought.

The problem is that we generally can't see them before they see us. Just about everything surrounding wizards looks different and mundane for us. The only way we could even find them is if they got careless or one defected and gave us enough information to let us in on how magic worked. The other problem is that, given enough wizards raised in non magic households, they could learn to use our stuff and could disable it much more easily.

No matter what, a full blown war would be catastrophic. But if just one attacked you you could just shoot them.
>>
File: tf2 escape.jpg (34 KB, 410x424) Image search: [Google]
tf2 escape.jpg
34 KB, 410x424
>>28924537
>Imagine how epic the first movie would be if Harry had put a breeching charge on the bathroom wall, flash-banged the hole, and then went in wearing NVGs and a Kevlar-weave stab-vest, carrying a SPAS-12
>breeching
>stab-vest
>SPAS-12
>epic
>wizarding world war
>butchered Samuel Colt quote
>adolescent dude 'carrying' a .50bmg
>flicking cigarette butts
I'm sorry, I think I've just contracted seventeen different terminal diseases. Excuse me as I shit and puke my guts out.
>>
File: eldar.jpg (251 KB, 1024x1453) Image search: [Google]
eldar.jpg
251 KB, 1024x1453
>>28923314
Unless they're space wizards who also wield weapons instead of gay ass wands, they don't stand a chance against our weapons.
>>
>>28924637
Considering how xenophobic the wizarding world seems to be, I could see muggleborn wizards being driven away if it came to blows like that.

Even without that, you could see splintering in the wizarding world if one faction wants to coexist with muggles and another wants to exterminate.

>>28924665
Oddly, the thing that bothered me the most was the part about the basilisk. Even looking at an image of one will fuck you up, you just won't die from it.
>>
>>28924531
Let me think a sec.

A secret war in the making, with a pre-funded, fully compartmentalized cloaks-and-dagger type of initiative that sets out to acquire promising samples from the wizarding world. The M-COM initiative would need, most of all, wizarding world defectors, of which there would likely be plenty. Though individuals like Hermione Granger would easily accept the wizarding worlds, there are definitely muggle borns who would be repulsed by the status quo and the perceived injustices of it. I mean, imagine that childhood friend who would have been saved from a greviously injuring car accident, or had her cancer cured by magic. But wasn't. And would never, if the wizarding world had its way. Acquiring these would be our top priority. From there, these individuals would be trained not in field use, but in developing hybridized systems of magic and technology - MagiTech - specifically for tracking down, enabling technological usage in magic-dense environments and also defending from magic's most offensive and damaging effects such as mind control or teleportation.

Once the initial technologies are developed, the wizarding world would have to be mapped out - a task made much easier with sympathetic muggle-born wizards and witches. Additional objects of interest are captured for study with extreme care, while the alpha strikes are planned with full use of the advanced tracking, compatibility and defensive Magitech tools. As the strikes are carried out, the objects and persons of value are captured in the chaos, ensuring more material for future research for even more powerful Magitechnologies. From here on out, the effort becomes a steamroller of epic proportions, as immensely powerful POIs such as Dumbledore and Voldermort are eliminated immediately with surprise and overwhelming force due to their danger.

From here, it is mostly mop up, as the remnants will never be able to sufficiently educate and train themselves so long as there is pressure.
>>
>>28924516
>>28923648
I think one time I was curious and looked up JK's position on guns, only to find out she is pretty anti gun. So the fact that she made an entire universe where even children have the right to a magical death stick and use it however they want is pretty funny. Of course there are a few unforgivable curses, but they're just illegal. And that's that, no banning all sticks because some bad stuff could happen if used in the wrong way. Just, "Oh its illegal and if someone gets caught they'll go to jail and that's good enough. " Even after their Hitler murdered scores of people and they know there are more or his supporters at large, they still hand out the sticks to 10 year olds like candy. The right to self defense and other such things is written as an absolute.

Sound awfully familiar? It's almost as if some people are just scared of guns and don't know anything about them. That if it was any other shaped object they would be perfectly fine with it. Shows you how effective the British conditioning is.
>>
>>28924526
I don't think it 'rebelled', but stayed in line with the tropes while fleshing out the results just a bit more, but not to their ultimate conclusion. I honestly hated her as a person. She resorts to overwhelming force in most situations. Even when training new, raw recruits, she simply hospitalizes one of them for not following orders rather than explaining - in detail - why something was a very bad idea. And she doesn't face the consequences of this in most situations either.

I preferred Madoka and company a lot more, since they often paid for their stupidity with their lives. That, was a rebellion against the idea of 'magical girls fighting for friends and justice'. Look at Sayaka - she's pretty much an example of why the idea is stupid, and paid dearly for being that stupid.

>>28924534
>>28924558
>>28924562
I love mecha, but not when they start getting super, absurdly powerful. Though I like funnels and bits, I don't like huge, massive blaster cannons that are effectively portable WMDs because the setting itself usually doesn't accommodate for it very well. You often don't see the realistic effects of enemy military forces actively adjusting the presence of such a white devil snowflake, and if they do, the efforts are half-hearted. Though, I admit, enjoyable.

I prefer something that's closer to the average grunt or mech-jocky, so enjoyed Season 1 of Aldnoah Zero. Screw season 2 though.
>>
File: HURRRLLLL.gif (2 MB, 269x193) Image search: [Google]
HURRRLLLL.gif
2 MB, 269x193
>>28924665
>>
>>28923314
reminder that according to HP canon guns are a topic wizards know very little of
>someone was writing a report on 'firelegs' one point
>a gun was described as a 'wand muggles use to kill one another with'
ergo i believe wizards are powerless against firearms, especially when engaging them from longer range/concealment
>>
>>28924844
>I honestly hated her as a person. She resorts to overwhelming force in most situations
This is part of why she is a good character. That scene you mentioned is the best part of season 3 by far. It's funny how the other characters tried to downplay her actions in the following episode. Nanoha is a demon. She's also well aware of her actions and several steps ahead of most everyone else, tactically speaking. The destruction in this series is real, the creators are well aware of the absurdity of her power and they do well to demonstrate the despair in her fighting. She also gets her ass kicked, quite a bit.

Both Madoka and Nanoha (among others) rebel against the moniker "mahou shoujo" in different ways. They're not very similar at all.

Absurdly powerful is something like Gundam Wing, wherein a sweeping blast is fired at the enemies' frontline and a second later secondary explosions glimmer in the distance.

Nanoha's combat is refreshing for its emphasis on close quarters battle, and in ranged combat with control of multiple projectiles or funnels. Season 4 has some very well choreographed hand-to-hand. It's also worth noting that the "portable WMD" -esque attacks in Nanoha are seemingly only used in one-on-one combat and often on equal footing (so the wide-area strategic advantage of wiping out entire columns of enemies doesn't apply).

Average grunt mecha is where it's at. I agree. Votoms and 08th MS get pretty darn close to that.
>>
>>28923459
>And I, for one, would like to welcome our new wizard overlords. As a /k/ommando, I can be of use rounding up normies to toil in your potion factories.

I'd rather die fighting than living on my knees sucking some wizard's cock.
>>
>>28925207
They'll just mc you and make you do it regardless of your desires.
>>
File: 1333562303206.png (567 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1333562303206.png
567 KB, 1024x768
>>28923314
>How would you fight the HP wizards?
Ask a 12 year old to make a collage out of loose pieces of mythology and use it as tinder for a bonfire for you to kill yourself with, OP.

not weapons

sage
>>
>>28925123
It's precisely because of that dissonance that I hated the series and her as a character. The way the others reacted wasn't funny at all, since they weren't even acting like people at that point. If Darth Vader force chokes someone and then stops, everyone else is scared. Yet, Nanoha gets off scott free? It breaks the suspension of disbelief every time she does something like that and gets away with it without consequence, and even more so when the others downplay it. Hell, I rooted more for the bad guys than Nanoha. So what if she gets her ass kicked here and there? In the end of the day, they weren't even acting like people. More like brain-washed storm troopers who believed everything they were doing was right. Overwhelming firepower is only enjoyable if the person doing it isn't a total bitch like Nanoha or an emo like in Gundam Wing. I loved Toonami, but god damn were those pricks pretentious! Even I knew that as a little shit.

And based VOTOMS and 8th MS. Thunderbolt is looking to be pretty good too.
>>
File: Tumblr_Reddit_edition.jpg (75 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_Reddit_edition.jpg
75 KB, 500x375
>>28923314
>Tips fedora
>m'lady
>teleports behind wizard
>unsheathe katana
>tips fedora
>nothing personnel kiddo
>slices wizard in a thousand pieces
>Slash katana in the air to clean blood
>sheathe katana
>tips fedora
>teleports
>muffled M'lady in the distance.
>>
File: 90678563464596.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
90678563464596.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>28923314
>Remember that they can teleport, have one hit kill spells, mind control spells, pain spells, and can summon kinetic barriers for bullets.

That only some Wizards. And they have to be pretty fluent in their craft to use it. Even more so if they are able to pull off multiple spells effectively in a combat situation. Most of them should be easily dispatched by conventional methods. It's those high-level Warlocks you have to watch out for. They are well practiced in the martial magics. In the HP-verse they actually held duelling tournaments in which the Judges would have the title of warlock.

For them it's best that they killed before they see it coming with a method like sniping.
>>
>>28925737
If it's Ainz-sama at the helm, I would welcome our new overlords!
>>
>>28923314
I'd enlist the help of Madara Uchiha.

And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. No, I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara. Hell, I'm not talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either.

I'm talking about Kono Yo no Kyuseishu Futarime no Rikudo Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushodo, Shurado, Tendo, Ningendo, Jigokudo, Gakido, Gedo, Bansho Ten'in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sozo) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Futon, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yoton and even Onmyoton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujo because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano'o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudodama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudo Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kotan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.
>>
>>28925546
You don't have to personally identify with a character (or a series) for them to be well constructed. The ability to evoke an emotional response from the audience is the trait of a good writer, no matter what that response may be.

How her colleagues reacted was so incredibly human. You may have misunderstood how I used the word "funny". They are scared, they know there's nothing they could do if they crossed Nanoha. Darth Vader is an apt example. They downplay Nanoha's actions, but they all know it wasn't right. They are simply powerless to do otherwise.

You need to put your feelings aside if you want to get a legitimate experience from series like that, especially when something rubs you the wrong way. Make your ego melt into the wind and become a perfect observer; get into the heads of the writers.
>>
>>28925879
This is why I am a strong proponent of the M-COM initiative.
>>
>>28923314
motion sensitive proximity mines
Wizard walks by and BOOM! wizard guts every where.
>>
>>28925957
That's the problem though; they weren't powerless. They're her friends. I tried to bleach that crap out of my mind, but IIRC, they don't even try to get her to stop screwing up, do they? I don't think they did. That alone makes the rest of the cast even more reprehensible. That they did not attempt to stop this shitty behavior, and that they decided to overlook this ultra-shitty behavior. There was never a, "Hey girl, that wasn't cool, and it's making me uncomfortable" moment at all. They all just kept right on at it and never paid the consequences for their actions.
>>
>>28926037
Different fag here, thanks for the write-up. I had been considering watching Nanoha for a while now, but now I know to stay away.
>>
File: Dainsleif-type0-psp.png (240 KB, 464x429) Image search: [Google]
Dainsleif-type0-psp.png
240 KB, 464x429
Build a couple of these and we'll steamroll them.
>>
>>28924710
Would the pilgrim hat be standard issue?
>>
>>28926338
Well, to be fair, the third season that I'm ripping on doesn't entirely center on Nanoha. The first and second seasons though, do, and it's all rather regular Magical Girl stuff. Except for the obscene amounts of firepower and - for what it is - good combat. Plot and characterization are just 'meh' tier. For the third season, if you do watch it, watch it to see how the bad guys do things. They're persistent, resourceful and overall intelligent.
>>
>>28926406
Not the most practical in this day and age, but for ceremonial use, I don't see an issue with it.
>>
With a mage.

Mages > Wizard. Mages are not handicapped by requiring something like a wand to channel their magic through.
>>
>>28924267
Pretty sure in the books that the kids learned it in their later years like year four or so.
Harry was busting out spells without speaking. Just much better for the movies if they shout the spell so they audience knows what is going on.
>>
>>28923314
Author herself said a man with a shotgun beats wizards.
>>
Simple. If they get magic, then its fair that I get something as well. My choice would be able to bend the elements. (Avatar) or at least water bending. Use my bending power to blood bend all my enemies and even make them shoot spells at eachother like puppets.
>>
>>28923314

A gun? HP wizards even admitted if they got found out, they'd be dead in 5 minutes. Remember they might be 'magic' but they are still humans.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 532x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 532x469
>>28924383
Bait within bait. A splendid ruse, friend. Please enjoy this image of Her Majesty.
>>
>>28923314
puling a quick draw would probably be the best bet they have to mutter incantations in order to cast and people general dont talk and get shot at the same time.
>>
>>28923314
>yfw you're reading Dumbledore's duel with Voldemort at the Ministry of Magic and you realize one dude with a rifle could end it either way with a single squeeze of the trigger

The real danger of wizards is not their ability to fight directly, but the spells they have that they can use to conceal themselves or locations, as well as spells that can confuse people or eliminate their memories. It would make them extremely difficult to hunt down. But if you were to put a bunch of wizards out on a battlefield against human armies, they'd die horribly.
>>
>>28923314
They're all retarded though.
All of them.
>>
>>28923314

chemical weapons

can't cast if you're choking on your on hemorrhaging lungs
>>
>>28923314
Considering that HP wizards have infiltrated global government, can mindfuck anybody they want, can teleport anywhere they want, can brainwash thousands of people at a time, can turn into whatever they want, and kill whatever they want, nothing.

There's no way to fight HP Wizards without even more powerful bullshit magic. Bog standard humans just fucking die. Or hell not even die. Wizards could dismantle the governments of every nation and replace them with wizards, same with the Army. You'd never know, because even if you find out, they mindwipe your ass.

>>28923404
If you paid attention to the books, it's only the scrubs that need to shout the name of their spells. Powerful wizards don't even need a fucking wand.
>>
>>28923459
>Rowling herself has stated that, in a battle between a wizard with a wand and a muggle with a shotgun, the muggle with the shotgun will usually win.
She never did. That's an internet bullshit drawn up years ago that NOBODY has managed to source in years. Go ahead. Find a transcript or a recording of her saying it.
>>
Spellcross anyone?
>>
>>28923596
In the second book, Harry loses all the bones in one of his arms.
The School Nurse had them regrown in a night.

Wiz Medicine is sheer bullshit.
>>
File: befriending.webm (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
befriending.webm
3 MB, 500x281
>>28926338
Just watch A's.
Literally the pinnacle of mid 2000's magical girl genre.
>>
>>28930627
Maybe that was a "undo curse" like thing?
>>
I think it's important to note that you could totally kill a scrub wizard with a glock if you were fast on the draw.

The issue is that in a war, you

>Have to figure out that wizards even exist without getting mindwiped
>Have to locate the wizards charmed houses that make you forget they exist when seeing them.
>Have to bomb the wizard houses and schools that you no longer even remember exist, and have magical shields.
>And have to do all of this before the wizard who works as an adviser for your Prime Minister/President/King/etc mindwipes him/impersonates him and takes direct control over the military.

The idea that the military could engage and kill wizards is fucking stupid, because the military will be struggling to remember that they exist in the first place. Approaching wizard houses, schools, or shops result in you getting mindwiped and any technology on hand getting blue screen of death'd. The only way to fight wizards is with wizards.
>>
>>28930673
No nigga. Bones was gone, she gave him a nasty drink, regrew his bones from the shoulder inside of his arm. The pain of the bones growing back into his arm woke him up a few times.

Wizards have a damn potion that can regenerate bones. Probably Limbs too. But they don't share it with muggles. Because they're assholes.
>>
>>28930686
Don't forget the luck potions that let you win at everything.

Wizards are such bullshit in Harry Potter.
>>
>>28930680
>wizard magic somehow makes heating gases not expand and electrons not move
Fucking Rowling and her wizard bullshit
>>
>>28930743
I think that'd be less of an issue compared to, y'know, FUCKING TIME TRAVEL.
>>
File: DeficientDefinitiveApe.webm (785 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
DeficientDefinitiveApe.webm
785 KB, 600x338
>>28924513
ibrakadabra?
>>
File: 1410490011504s.jpg (9 KB, 231x250) Image search: [Google]
1410490011504s.jpg
9 KB, 231x250
>>28923610
Christ anon, my reasons to live are fading as is.
>>
>>28923643
>Seal Team Dementor
my fucking sides
>>
>>28923715
>kill wizard
>dead so can't use magic shit

It's like you don't even want to oper8 m8
>>
>>28923314
I'd probably pull my gun out and see if I can pull the trigger faster than they could say "avada kadabra".
>>
>>28925546
Thunderbolt eventually takes a massive drop in quality but the ova will probably end before that happens.
>>
>>28923351
are you a fucking wizard? do you doubt Gygax's under standing of magic?
>>
>>28923885
my god..
>>
>>28930695
Except the luck potion goes tend to get people killed when the effects wear off, and the ingrediants are rare, with the skill to make them even more rare, it seems. Also to note, most wizard skills and technology are 300 years old. They're stagnant as fuck. This is why Snape's old book allowed Harry to ace potions, because he got away from the 300 years of BS and old techniques for something that makes more sense.
>>
>>28930763
Which doesn't actually change anything, as the events still happen.
>>
Chemical warfare probably wouldn't work. Remember that bit in the 4th book when the champions all find different ways to breathe underwater? Way more efficient than gas masks probably.
>>
>>28923610

But shit like this already happened in multiple animes.
>>
>>28931669
Except none of them used to spell to breath-not air. Either they made a bubble mask, which lasts for so long, or they changed into animals, which also has a limited duration or they still remain as animals.

Also to remember, those wizards are also the more powerful wizards. Most other wizards are way weaker and more inept.
>>
>>28931669
whit phosphorous gas
>>
Why are the mods nowdays candy assed faggots? They delete genuine k threads but allow this shit
>>
>>28923314
one at a time
>you will never wait under a pile of rubble for a wizard/witch to walk into your line of sight only to be cut down
>you will never carve lightning bolts into the stock of your rifle for every wizard/witch taken out
>>
File: 1450147681418.png (130 KB, 290x289) Image search: [Google]
1450147681418.png
130 KB, 290x289
Alright, time to get so kinky even /d/ would be offput.
> force wizard at gunpoint to turn us both into sexy futanaris
>"let's not turn this rape into a murder"
> slide my futa-cock into her puss and force her futa-cock into my pussy
> push my cocktail all the way into her womb and kiss her ovaducts with my penis
> while she's fondling my massive boobs I stick my fingers into her nipples and nipple fuck her
> I lick her eyeballs as she climaxes
> we bother cum in each others pussies
> 9 months later give birth to futa babies and repeat with as many wizards as I can until death
> eventually, we have so many babies, and our offspring have so many babies, we overtake the population of the wizarding world and turn it into a disgusting degenerate society of scum and villainy
> we get so caught up in degenerate pleasure the muggles easily wipe us out
That's how I'd do it.
>>
>>28925879
Is your keyboard an Enigma Machine?

Fuck.
>>
>>28923314
Used high tech solutions to the problem. Wizards have a 6th grade education in actual science, they aren't going to realize or know how to defend against the threat of things like polonium dust in their water supply.
>>
>>28923643
>Giant artillery squad manning 230mm howitzers
>Dragon bomber squadron
>>
>>28923314
>Be me, 2017, Wizard War !: muggle boogaloo
>Be tip of the spear, goal is to occupy New York, a capital of the muggle civilization.
>Have seen combat in West Virginia where we came out of old mines dug by goblins, curse West Virginia- every kilometer theres some 1-3 redneck wankers crying about witches and christianity who shoots at you with an old "shot gun".
>my mate died when we were treking through an old forest and all I heard was BOOM and his head was gone.
>Oh well, my mate was daft and flagged his wand everywhere.
>wearing ravenclaw patch, gotta represent. Wandering toward some place in "Hell's kitchen", some muggle burough. Doesn't look anything like home. I don't get the lingo, the people are scared of me, and most will try to kill me if they have a chance. They keep trying to steal our shite the second we look away because it's literally magic to them.
>Get warning from scryers that there is some iron beast in our vicinity, but they can't tell us exactly where, bloody divination types.
>We've heard the stories though- great metal chariot-trains with large guns, autocannons, etc. The muggles call them various names, I think to confuse us. "Tanks". "M1s". "Abrams". We call "Troll-killers", since they boggle up our infantry support something fierce.
>Team moving down alley, peering around corner. Hear a loud "HRRNNNNNGGGNNNGGNNN" of their steam-engines, or whatever the hell muggles use nowadays.
1/2
>>
Suppressed Dragunov with 8x power scope
>>
>>28938546
2/2

Meanwhile-
>Be Abrams gunner, United States Army
>Wizards moving in on New York
>Fucking wizards
>fly out of nowhere, can do impossible shit, but luckily they are borderline retarded with tech. Most still haven't figured out how to unlock an iphone.
>Spotters in windows report suspicious activity below, people wearing robes and hoods. Infantry on the ground calling us in for support- heavy firepower is recommended for all wizard engagements.
>Get the call about wizards in an alley in Hell's Kitchen, reference the alley with the blue dumpster next to "Ray's Original Italian Pizza".
>Fuck yes thermal
>Wizards always wonder why we can see past shitty cardboard boxes and tarps draped over chainlink fence.
>See wizard move and try to get behind corner area, not the best shot and commander doesn't like the tank to be in direct fire in case they pull magical bullshit- better to let them hide thinking they are safe.
>Get the order. Cannister shot it is- the recommended amount of whoopass for magical problems.
>Cannister loaded, lining up shot at angle.
>THOOOMM.
>Steel balls bouncing around like gods personal shotgun.
>creep up to confirm
>thermal shows just one big warm smear. Smile.
>fuck wizards.
>>
>>28923314
>How would you fight the HP wizards?
At 1600 yards.

Dead before he hears the shot
>>
>>28923415
That's almost always the case in magic stories.

Consider how tame the Lord of The Rings battles were compared to World War 1.
>>
>>28923314
change the script
>>
>>28923314
>can summon kinetic barriers for bullets
Where you get that from?
>>
>>28928408
>pretending to be a newfag/to be retarded
>splendid ruse
Average muggle detected
>>
>>28941284
Transfiguration, turn dirt to stone. Summon large stone. It's fantasy, but protagio might do it.
>>
>>28931203
Well shit. I just hope it ends on a good note like you say though.
>>
>>28923724
Didn't the whole collection of timeturners get wiped out in the 5th book resulting in a deatheater with a baby head on a man's body? Also after that if i remember hermione had to give her timeturner to kingsley for auror bullshittery
>>
Like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBVwiWiMS5I
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.