[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much underground fighting was there in the catacombs and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 28
File: tumblr_mccrszR6ex1qmr2x8o4_500.jpg (69 KB, 482x321) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mccrszR6ex1qmr2x8o4_500.jpg
69 KB, 482x321
How much underground fighting was there in the catacombs and sewers in WW2 Paris?

If you have any good links or interesting stories or facts please share 'em.

Also, general french resistance thread.
>>
File: 1392165992753.jpg (301 KB, 1280x1115) Image search: [Google]
1392165992753.jpg
301 KB, 1280x1115
>>28920129
>How much underground fighting was there in the catacombs and sewers in WW2 Paris?
I don't think there was much, if any. Maybe some resistance fighters used them as hide outs maybe.

I have some pictures of French resistance fighters. This is obviously a staged photo.
>>
>>28920187
Another staged photo.
>>
>>28920187
Post em.
>>
File: Simone_Segouin_2.jpg (121 KB, 1024x1013) Image search: [Google]
Simone_Segouin_2.jpg
121 KB, 1024x1013
>>28920196
French resistance fighter Simone Segouin, nom de guerre Nicole Minet.
>>
>>28920129
None, it was used by passive defense as a shelter, by germans as a bunker. The only fight occurring there is a fictional one in Z-War (the book), it gives me goosebumps as I went a couple of times there and easily imagine the depicted combat scenes.
>>
File: Simone_Segouin.jpg (137 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
Simone_Segouin.jpg
137 KB, 1024x686
>>28920247
>>
File: 1376719810267.jpg (274 KB, 2000x1551) Image search: [Google]
1376719810267.jpg
274 KB, 2000x1551
>>28920263
Here's some with a captured Polish or FN BAR.
>>
File: 1436932276899.jpg (85 KB, 800x795) Image search: [Google]
1436932276899.jpg
85 KB, 800x795
>>28920279
>>
>>28920279
>Warsaw Uprising
>frogs
nope
>>
>>28920247
>>28920263
>>28920279
Staged
>>
>>28920261
The Germans never had to do any nest clearing? Was the resistance so sneaky that none of their bases were ever found?
>>
File: 1414768896293.jpg (240 KB, 570x667) Image search: [Google]
1414768896293.jpg
240 KB, 570x667
>>28920291
>>
File: Member_of_the_FFI.jpg (83 KB, 613x800) Image search: [Google]
Member_of_the_FFI.jpg
83 KB, 613x800
>>28920294
Whoops. Maybe you're right. I thought I saw FFI armbands.
>>
File: kanal-kadr-z-filmu.jpg (22 KB, 340x244) Image search: [Google]
kanal-kadr-z-filmu.jpg
22 KB, 340x244
>>28920129
>catacombs and sewers in WW2 Paris?
Dude, id that's your fetish, you REALLY should read what was happening in Warsaw during Warsaw Uprising.

That was some extreme-hardcore shit.
You can watch with english subtitles "kanaƂ" - "canal" if you want, it's pretty precise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzxXvVJSMoc&list=PL116A5F5954C65ED6

https://www.google.pl/search?q=powstanie+warszawskie+kana%C5%82y&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls={moz:distributionID}:{moz:locale}:{moz:official}&tbm=isch&gws_rd=cr&ei=W8bAVqXMNOiB6ASgx7q4CQ
>>
File: 1436931961160.jpg (190 KB, 1148x1131) Image search: [Google]
1436931961160.jpg
190 KB, 1148x1131
Sort of related. Here is the Free French Army fighting in Paris.
>>
File: Suttel.jpg (651 KB, 1690x2389) Image search: [Google]
Suttel.jpg
651 KB, 1690x2389
>>28920297
the network was not well known, one map is from 1940 : Suttel Map but it's not very well known if it was used. It's not a good map, distances are not exact, POI don't match surface map. This map was done from 1943 to the liberation of Paris, I don't think catacombs were used a lot by the Resistance. It's not useful, progression is slow, there's a lot of water and lightning was scarce at this time.
>>
>>28920348
Wow thanks man, I'm reading about it now.

I only recently got interested in ww2 history. There's so much that happened, it's hard to wrap my head around it all.
>>
>>28920458
If youre ever in Warsaw, visit Warsaw Uprising museum. It's very modern, lots of electronic stuff, and a remake of a bit of sewers.
Every time I think about it it gives me goosebumps, how people ware able to use them is beyond me, most of them ware very tight...
>>
>>28920196
Dude in the kepi has a Carcano, guy with the shotgun looks like he's aiming at the sandbags.
>>
>>28920485
I'll remember that if I can ever save up enough for a European vacation. Been meaning to visit some relatives in Ireland anyway though, so maybe one day.

Thanks for the tip. Any other museum recommendations?
>>
>>28920129
>How much underground fighting was there in the catacombs and sewers in WW2 Paris?
-There was no room to maneuver, hundreds of thousands of cowardly french hid there when the surrender monkeys gave up instead of fighting.
Who knows how much the Germans would have been slowed down if they resisted instead os sucking all that German cock.
It seems capitulating to invaders is the french national pastime, look at how easy it was for the Muslim Crusaders to take over their land and women. Fucking frogs.
>>
>>28922143
I am in awe of your edginess. You honor us all with your shitposting, anon.
>>
I strongly suspect the Germans were not aware of the catacombs under Paris, and that they were in fact used to transport and store the artifacts that went missing from the Louvre.
>>
>>28922143
>Being this ignorant of the french resistance
Mon dieu!
>>
>>28922324
>I strongly suspect the Germans were not aware of the catacombs under Paris
no
>>
>>28922324
They were, they built some bunkers and monitored accesses.
>>
>>28922143
Three hundred thousand French soldiers died throwing themselves at the Germans to allow the Brits time to evacuate their soldiers.

They knew they couldn't beat the Germans, but they bought time for others to escape by sending three hundred thousand people to their deaths in a matter of a few weeks.

Just to recap... Three hundred thousand dead. In a few weeks. For somebody else's benefit.

I should clarify: they didn't die in the Catacombs. They died fighting the Germans to slow them down. They knew they couldn't win, but they fought anyway. They died so others could live. They could've probably lived themselves. They didn't.
>>
>>28922290
Point out one lie faggot.
>>28922349
Maybe one out of every 20,000 frenchmen fought back. This is something to be proud of while your wives and daughters are tuned into prostitutes for the German war machine and your nation is put on a starvation level food ration while German troops are eating and drinking like Gods in front of you on your streets? Fucking idiot.

Truth is is was organised by English and American spies and on their own they wouldn't have been nearly as effective as they were which wasn't half as effective IRL as they have been made out to be in post war propaganda. I had uncles who for in Europe who told me stories that were completely contrary to what we have been told the last 7 decades. I knew then men and doubt they were just trolling us. They laughed at the news reel lies the entire country bought hook line and sinker.
>>
>>28922530
>Just to recap... Three hundred thousand dead. In a few weeks. For somebody else's benefit.
And you proud of how fast they died froggy? This is the history you are so proud of?
I'm not trolling nor am I posting lies. You were once a warrior class and after your revolution you became women. I guess that's what happens when you turn commie. Are you all still proud of inventing communism with your Viva Liberte?
Keep trying, I'm sure you will figure out a plausible storyline telling how brave and coutageous your grandfathers were.
If America was invaded like that 300,000 invaders would have been slaughter in three weeks. I rifle behind ever blade of grass and every barrel to hot to touch. We wouldn't have been handing our daughters over to the enemy so we could sleep safe at night.
>>
>>28922532
Do you have some of the contrary stories to share? Genuinely interested
>>
>>28922617
I'm not even French, I just have a firmer grasp on history than you do.

>nor am I posting lies
Another lie.
>>
>>28922349
>>28922530
I won't make light of the amazing courage the French Resistance showed in the face of exponentially overwhelming forces. They were brave proud French citizens.
I will say there were no where near as many in the resistance as there would have been if England, Australia or the USA was invaded by the Germans. This is the truth.

One thing that never gets talked about is how much larger the percentage of French people who conspired with the Germans was compared how many were active in the resistance. The fact is some villages only survived because they gathered intelligence for the Germans.
We have all seen the women getting their heads shaved after the USA liberated France but truth is in any French town physically occupied long term by the Germans more Frecnmen provided care and comfort for them than not. This is the shameful truth that has been hidden from the history books though we can all understand why.

Just don't "piss on my leg and tell itl;s raining" anons.
>>
>>28922754
French collaboration has never been hidden from history books, have you ever actually read one?

The whole reason why we've all seen the women with their heads shaved is because it IS in the history books.
>>
>>28922634
>I'm not even French, I just have a firmer grasp on history than you do
I'm sorry anon, but what you have is a firm grasp on the post war propaganda. How quickly the USA covered up the fact that is supported Nazi Germany in the first few years of it's war effort. There is so much physical eveidense of the USA government working secretly with Sweden tto supply Germany with war materials while it was gearing up for war itself. There was a massive swelling of public support for Germany in the USA even as they were running through Europe. I know the truth because I got my truth from family who lived it, not books published by the winners and those who needed sympathy.

Deny this statement anon-- Before Pearl Harbor the US had no desire to fight against Germany physically and they were in fact still feeding the German wr machine. With out the "surprise" Japanese attack the majority of the USA would have never gotten into conflict against the Germans in Europe.
>>
>>28920263
She looks so uncomfortable
>>
>>28922821
>300,000 people dead is propaganda
This is starting to sound like a "muh holohoax!!" rant.

Your family is not a good replacement for books either; there's a reason why that's called anecdotal. Because people (like your family) are morons, so we need multiple points of view to iron out most of the stupidity.
>>
>>28921554
That's a MAS 36, not a Carcano.
>>
>>28922799
>French collaboration has never been hidden from history books, have you ever actually read one?
French collaboration was MASSIVE. It was so helpful that if the French people themselves sim[ply did nothing to comfort Germansoldiers the war would have ended 2 years sooner. This is what I'm saying.
>The whole reason why we've all seen the women with their heads shaved is because it IS in the history books.
We see a few women getting stripped and their heads shaved, we see a few Frenchmen getting executed by firing squad. We don't see entire towns suffering the same fate like they should have if the French people were truly interested in payback.
The films of those men and women getting punished was scripted propaganda

The resistance was tiny compared to the numbers of collaborators and THAT insn't in your wonderful history books.

My entire point is while I have the greatest respect fpor those that filled the ranks of the French resistance they were a tiny fraction, a minuscule number compared to those French people who provided aid and comfort to the fucking German military on their own God damn soil and no other country did that.
They fucking Polish chose death in the worst ways to aiding the Germans...fuck you and your bullshit history saying the French were anything but cowards and complicit in the degradation of their women JUST AS THEY ARE DOING NOW by allowing the Muslim Crusaders fee reign to do the same.
>>
File: 1397469334687.gif (871 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1397469334687.gif
871 KB, 245x230
>>28922952
>and no other country did that.
Oh sorry, I didn't realise you were just trolling, carry on.
>>
>>28922924
>This is starting to sound like a "muh holohoax!!" rant.
I wondered when you were going to drag the Holocaust into it. Didn't think you were going to go in that direction you fucking deceiver.
I never said it didn't happen. So stop[ telling lies about me.
You're the one hiding behind propaganda. Who the fuck would be proud of how fast it military got BTFO? You act like the French should take pride in that and no one should call it what it was.
Yes The British military got the living shit kicked out of it and all faggots like you have to say is the the USA came ito the war after it was all but won. As if D Day wasn't a fresh start in the European theater.

I have a firm and complete grasp on the truth as it played out. I spent time at Sunday dinner with Americans who fought their way across Europe and in the Pacific. Fuck you and your propaganda.
These were Americas greatest and THEY said the news reels were complete bullshit to sell the war bonds we had to have to feed our glorious war machine.

If you hate the truth please shit the fuck uop and stick your haed in the sand where it belongs anon.

And please stop spreading lies ability me while quoting the very post where I say nothing like you're accusing me of. It makes you look full patato.
>>
File: laughing history majors.jpg (105 KB, 358x477) Image search: [Google]
laughing history majors.jpg
105 KB, 358x477
>>28923098
>I have a firm and complete grasp on the truth as it played out.
>please shit the fuck uop and stick your haed in the sand where it belongs anon
>becuz muh granpappy is the smartest and bestest! ;_;
Oh boy, you're so adorable! You should get a trip, so I can follow your posts on the archives.
>>
>>28922924
>Your family is not a good replacement for books either; there's a reason why that's called anecdotal.
That anons family are no less valid than the people who told stories to the writters of the history books idiot.
Every account of every last event in history ... other than en edited film or video evidence... is anecdotal you bullshitting bastard.
Why do posters like you try so hard to steer a conversation away from truthful accounts of historical events. I can understand the leftists and SJW doing it...none of history backs up their political agenda. Bet here on /k/ where talk about war history all the time you will fail with this kind of obfuscation.

We know better faggot, stop this /l/ tier shilling on our voard.
>>
>>28923017
Name one other country who bent over as fast and far as the French did motherfucker. Name one who cooked their meals , washed their uniforms and handed their daughters over so they had fresh fucking bread to eat.
>>
>>28920187
Is that a Berthier?
>>
File: 1397462025486.png (71 KB, 727x2108) Image search: [Google]
1397462025486.png
71 KB, 727x2108
>>28923207
Literally all the continental Germanic countries sucked Nazi cock harder than France.

>>28923174
>writters
*writers

>en
*an

>Bet
*But

>voard.
*board.

Slow down when you type, sheesh. Herr Rommel would not put up with these common mistakes.
>>
>>28923169
So you're saying the people who tell the account that you like are more trustworthy then the men who fought the fucking war?
Can you chew gum and walk at the same time anon?
Related to pic filename. History majors are one step above art majors as far as value to society. Bust since you;re proud of Frances immediate and complete capitulation in order to save it's art and culture at the cost of their dignity I can understand why you think that's a burn. Kek.
>>
>>28923261
When you can't come close to beating their argument attack their grammar.

I accept your admittance of deafest anon.
>>
File: edK2g6N.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
edK2g6N.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>28923287
>So you're saying the people who tell the account that you like are more trustworthy then the men who fought the fucking war?
>MUH GRANPAPPY DIDN'T LIE!
>I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!!
Multiple sources are better than one source.

>>28923307
>deafest
*defeat
>>
File: Danish Resistance Baby Gun.jpg (242 KB, 1032x1379) Image search: [Google]
Danish Resistance Baby Gun.jpg
242 KB, 1032x1379
What kind of gun would be most useful in catacombs?
>>
>>28923307
>deafest
Oops, defeat, kek.
>>
>>28923207
Only reason France bent so early was because half of their standing army was stuck at the maginot line because they didnt think the Germans were smart enough to NOT take them head on.
>>
>>28923324
>Multiple sources are better than one source.
As long as those sources present the vision you like.

You have yet to discount a single point made about the level of disinformation surrounding the French resistance, about how large a percentage of the French population polished the Germans combat boots with a smile on their faces.
You just keep saying NO.
Name one nation that bent over as fast and far as the French did. Explain to me how 300,000 dead in a few weeks is something to be proud of. Tell me how the French didn't almost become German in their zeal to make sure they didn't suffer like the rest of Europe did fighting the Nazi war machine.

Please tell me how Briton, Australia dn the USA would have laid down just the same instead of fighting with everything they had to the last man women and child instead of sucking the invader cock. Please tell me about that.

You can't.
>>
File: 1421570450692.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1421570450692.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>28923473
>Please tell me about that.
I realised in the first couple posts that you're arguing from a position of emotion, which is why I'm just making fun of you and your reverence of your granpappy.

But don't worry, you're still a moron with a Muslim cuckold fetish.
>>
>>28923460
I'm saying no other nation did that. I'm saying that the rest of the Allied nations would have fought and died like men instead of whoring their daughters out.

I'm saying that men I knew IRL who fought that war tell a very different story but they don't matter because of the history books leaving that part of the war account out. Fuck the bullshit history provided to save the French the humiliation the deserve, they were fucking cowards of the highest magnitude while England was getting it's homeland BTFO, Poland got BTFO several times and so on and so on. You're here saying "they diddin du nuffin, they were good boys" That's what you're doing.
>>
>>28923473

Not the other anon, but you can't be that radical.

>name one nation
Austria, Czechoslovakia...
All of Europe was pretty much nazified and collaborated, except brits and they would have done the same if they were not saved by their shitty island.

The only ones who would have resisted a lot to an occupation were the muricans. And the only ones who did resist were the commies.
Until the very end of the war the only ones to take arms in France did so because Moscow told them to kill nazis for the motherland.
>>
>>28923544
And again you make a personal attack instead of proving me wrong.
And you accuse me of acting emotionally. You must be fun at parties, oh wait..you never get invited to parties unless the're for history and art majors. You're just a skinny clean shaved fedora tipper.
>>
>>28923370
Suppressed .12 gauge pump action. Or suppressed pistol caliber auto PDW/SBR.

Or, ya know, flamethrowers to suck out the O2. And grenades.
>>
>>28922617

>became women
>forgetting that 15 years after the revolution all of Europe was sucking French cock

kek
>>
File: 1404134067367.gif (2 MB, 320x135) Image search: [Google]
1404134067367.gif
2 MB, 320x135
>>28923603
>And again you make a personal attack instead of proving me wrong.
...no shit, you moron. Because you have no points. You're just a flailing sack of emotions with no grasp of historical fact. You also have a weird Muslim cuckold fetish, and YOU DENY THE HOLOCAUST.
>>
>>28923569
>All of Europe was pretty much nazified and collaborated
No, the rest of Europe fought and got the shit beat out of them first. They fought until they had nothing left to fight with. The French didn't so they don't get to pretend they did now. Fuck revising history because of someones feels and especially fuck the historical revisionists. This is why the Stasi back and full of life and are winning in Germany now. Can't you understand that.
>>
>>28923630
>weird Muslim cuckold fetish, and YOU DENY THE HOLOCAUST.
Oh I get it, you're a simpleton /pol/tard who doesn't into real debate. You're here to name call and troll and of course DA JUICE has to come into play because of your fever riddled immature stormweenie brain.
No one but you /pol/aks have mentioned the Holocaust and that anon's reference to muslim invaders in France right now was absolutely reasonable and truthful. Back to pol kid, we are arguing about war history here not masturbating to a picture of Uncle Adolf pre suicide because of the epic failure hebecame .
>>
>>28922143

Irony, the post.

>claims the French should have stopped the Germans, who only wanted to get rid of the communist/marxist jews that would eventually rise up and stage a bloodless coup on the US government all other world governments as well.

>pissed off muslims invaded France, despite the communist/marxist jews being responsible for the muslim invasion
>>
>>28923659

Apart from Poland and France, there was no real fighting against Germany.
Everyone says that France surrendered too fast, and that's true, but even with their colonies they did not possess the sufficient industrial capacity to rise up again like the Russians did.

I don't know why you say that it is "revising history" though.
>>
>>28923731
>implies holocaust denial is wrong
>is called a /pol/ak, sympathises with Hitler
Yep, I'd expect that retarded logic from you, someone who is completely ignorant of history. Why you so butthurt about the French though, that's the real question. I reckon your mother divorced your father and ran away with a French Arab guy, right?
>>
>>28923630
Not him, but the holocaust didn't happen.

Even Bobby Fischer, the world's smartest chessplayer admitted so. He was also jewish.

Let's face it, it's more rational to believe someone with as much brains as him than someone anonymous rambling on the internet like you.
>>
>>28922617
>french invented communism
>your faggy grandpa did anything of significance in europe...
>Americans would not collaborate if given relative freedom.
>>
>>28922617
>You were once a warrior class and after your revolution you became women.
Wow, I guess Napoleon taking the rest of Europe by himself, the Crimean War and say WW1 never happened then... those among others.
>>
>>28923835
Bobby Fischer was a paranoid schizophrenic. I find it truly reprehensible that you would use the statements of vulnerable person during the periods where he was in the grips of his illness to perpetuate your own political ideology.
>>
>>28923889
LOL after 9/11 he went on the radio and said he was glad that the attacks happened and hoped for a military coup d'Ă©tat in the U.S., "[I hope] the country will be taken over by the military, they'll close down all the synagogues, arrest all the Jews, execute hundreds of thousands of Jewish ringleaders."
>>
>>28923742
>claims the French should have stopped the Germans, who only wanted to get rid of the communist/marxist jews that would eventually rise up and stage a bloodless coup on the US government all other world governments as well.
I never posted opinions about the desires of the Nazi party nor have I ever said I disagreed with their hatred for marxists and communists. Stop putting words in my mouth and put some whiskey there. Then we can talk about how badly Hitler up creating two fronts.
Also this isn't /pol/, we are talking about the history of the war, not the politics of it. And yes I do see how they are hand in hand but that's what the MODS want.
>pissed off muslims invaded France, despite the communist/marxist jews being responsible for the muslim invasion
While you're 100% accurate with that it has nothing to do with the french population doing nothing to stop what is happening in their nation. We killed the terrorists who attacked out free speech rally. We stage armed protesters outside of mosques... do you even understand my basic points yet?
All I have tried to say is no one should re write history to spare the feeling of those cowardly cocksuckers who surrendered as fast and as completely as they could. THIS is my point and complete argument. They are rewriting history to hide their shame.
I have proven my point six ways from Sunday and now I go do something more interesting.

Au Revoir anon.
>>
>>28923835
Congrats on derailing a decent historical debate with /pol/ bullshit. I wish I could shove my thumbs into your eyesockets you fucking autistic child. Go back top your containment board, adults are talking here.
>>
File: 1376715812745.jpg (59 KB, 480x338) Image search: [Google]
1376715812745.jpg
59 KB, 480x338
>>28923996
>and now I go do something more interesting.
>>
>>28923867
>rench invented communism
Bolshevism was invented during the French revolution you fucking retard.
>>
>>28923473
Out of sheer boredom and the deeply depressed state your misinformed posts have put me in, I will try to honestly, genuinely tell you what I consider being the truth about the french invasion, occupation and resistence.

Invasion happened because the French brass, who had fought and won WW1, were so convinced that they had found the ultimate strategy and tactics that when WW2 started they tried WW1 tactics against the blitzkrieg. Intellectual stagnation due to a superiority complex was the downfall of the french officer corps between 1920's and 1940.

Capitulation happened quickly because a lot of those in power did not want the war to go on in vain. These were people that saw the tremendous losses of WW1 and didn't want a sizeable amount of young french to die for nothing, again.

And, as usual when under military occupation, three groups of people developed (with some nuances) : those who actively cooperated because they agreed, at least partly, with nazi ideaology, those who opposed them actively in various ways (propaganda, sabotage, guerilla...), and then, the OVERWHELMING majority :

They did nothing. They did not wish to collaborate with the occupant, nor did they wish to fight for a RĂ©publique that they felt (understandably) that had failed them. So they just kept on living, putting food on the table for their families and staying out of trouble. And if you weren't jew, that was a coherent strategy.

Most of those went through the war unscathed. Some even did not see more consequences of occupations than some rationing (which wasn't that bad if you lived in the countryside and therefore had easy access to farms and dairy products) and perhaps a Kubelwagen driving through the village once in five years of occupation.

Where they cowards ? That would be saying that 80% of french people in 1940-1945 were cowards. And even considering the "surrender monkey french baguette hon hon" stuff, that is, IMO, too high to be reasonibly considered true

Cont.
>>
>>28924016
Your level of artistic development is right on par with your emotional development there anon. Congrats on that stunted maturity level.
>>28923772
>I don't know why you say that it is "revising history" though.
If you read the entire thread you would understand why I say that. Anons who want the world to be proud of things that didn't happen. I understand surrendering when you have been defeated. I get that. I don't understand why they think they get to pretend they didn't spend the rest of the war sucking German cock and cooking them deliciou sdinners. Other cuntrys didn't go to that extreme. Thats the truth of the history of WW2 in France. They embraced the Germans and they don't get to pretend they didn't IMO.
>>
>>28924028
bolshevism originated in russia.
>>
File: (You).png (15 KB, 528x434) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
15 KB, 528x434
>>28924131
>>
>>28924094
>Out of sheer boredom ..... I will try to honestly, genuinely tell you what I consider being the truth about the french invasion, occupation and resistence.
>Invasion happened because the French brass.....
I agree with this assessment completely/
>Capitulation happened quickly because a lot of those in power did not want the war to go on in vain......
Again I agree completely
>And, as usual when under military occupation, three groups of people developed...
This is fair and reasonable.
>They did nothing. They did not wish to collaborate with the occupant, nor did they wish to fight for a RĂ©publique that they felt (understandably) that had failed them. So they just kept on living, putting food on the table for their families and staying out of trouble. And if you weren't jew, that was a coherent strategy.
I say bullshit. An invading force should get no quarter nor a single peaceful meal. I've said over and over this is my point. Being completely defeated is one thing, becoming caretakers for those that occupy your homeland in another.
>Most of those went through the war unscathed. Some even did not see more consequences of occupations than some rationing (which wasn't that bad if you lived in the countryside and therefore had easy access to farms and dairy products) and perhaps a Kubelwagen driving through the village once in five years of occupation.
While I agree with your point I say the percentage of French who severed the Germans was much higher than those who simply did nothing. This is the act of a coward. Would you do the same if you were invaded and occupied?
Answer this one question. Would you sit idle to remain alive while an an occupir took liberties with your family?
>Where they cowards ?
I'm saying no one should rewrite history to spare the shame of those who acted shamefully. This should never happen and it's why history repeats itself so often, and the worst parts of history repeats itself more and more.
>>
>>28924094
Now, French as a people went through a bumber of phases about their acceptance of what happened in 1940-1945.

Phase one was the immediate post-war. France had to be put back on tracks, and doing so effectively required a motivated people. So the officials made up the "Tous RĂ©sistants" motto : everyone did their best to resist the germans, save for a minority of traitors.

Then came the 60's and the pacifist movement. Some uneasy truths, which had been precedently hidden, were uncovered. The collective perception for the new generation (which were children or not born during the war) shifted to "Tous Collabos" : in the whole, the french cooperated, you (fathers, grandfathers ; authority figures in general) should be ashamed of yourselbes.

Then, from the 80's onwards, truth has started to get out. A truth that progressively inclued all the bad stuff, and all the good stuff. A minority collaborated, a minority resisted, most did nothing and just lived on as trouble-free as they could. And horrible things, and honourable things were happening all the time.

And I think that was, is and will be how most societies would react to overwhelming military occupation.

Now you are free to think that your country (the USA) may be different. That may be the case. After all, you are well-armed and have an history of citizens forming autonomous militias. But do not forget that americans have not experienced a military invasion on their soil for more than a century. Are they really that motivated and righteous or is it just all talk ? I don't think one can know for sure.
>>
>>28924166
Um..no. It started when the cunt in charge said "let them eat caek". Just because they weren't calling it communism doesn't mean it wasn't birthed during. You can be pedantic if you want to, I choose to be a realist.
>>
>>28924285
Marie Antoinette never said "let them eat cake." It's an urban myth.
>>
>>28924261
Okay asshole, explain denmark, checksolvakia, norway, the dutch, belguim, the king of cuck italy, and the country that willfully swallowed nazi cock the most, austria
>>
>>28924175
That's a little better, keep practicing anon.
I'm actually sitting with my sons enjoying a whiskey and a cigar while my wife and daughter clean up from the Sunday dinner, I have a full head of hair and am not over weight at all if you want to render a more realists vision of myself.
>>
oh god you are that one kid in history class who says if he had lived in ww2 he would have killed hitler or something.
>>
File: 1403283081648.jpg (86 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1403283081648.jpg
86 KB, 960x960
>>28924319
>>
>>28924319
>wife
>children
>on 4chan

Stop lying anon
>>
>>28924261
The whole point of being defeated is that you can not and/or do not want to fight anymore.

You seem to prefer a bullet in the neck over feeding invaders. But that is a statement made from a comfortable chair in a secure, independant country in the 21st century. Will it be the same when your life and family are on the line, when you face torture, deportation, execution ?

Intellectualy, I want to say that I would not accept occupation ; that I would find a way to fight. But would I really do it, in reality, faced with the odds that the french faced back then ? I am not certain.

Unless, of course, I agree with the invader's idealogy... But that becomes another matter.

Then, as far as collaborators being more numerous than resistance members, that depends a lot on how you define collaborator and resistant. And unless you have some credible evidence, that remains an empty statement in the wind.
>>
>>28924275
>Phase one was the immediate post-war..... So the officials made up the "Tous RĂ©sistants" motto : everyone did their best to resist the germans, save for a minority of traitors.
This is rewriting history to sparte the shame of those cowards.The truth is the majority were willing servants to the Germans for a bigger dinner meal.
>Then came the 60's and the pacifist movement.
You mean the beginnings of communism with that cunt who fled the war to start a propaganda radio broadcast to tell those that didn't flee the danger to keep fighting. He destroyed as much of the French Constitution as he could and pissed on America, the nation that saved France, every chance he could out of his own personal shame and cowardice,
>Then, from the 80's onwards, truth has started to get out. .... A minority collaborated, a minority resisted, most did nothing and just lived on as trouble-free as they could.
I agree with you to the point you say a minority actively collaborated. This is the falsehood and American fighting personal tell of a very different story about the love they had for the army entering their towns that was perpetuated in those propaganda news reels. This is what I'm saying. They had the right to believe in the political ideals of the Nazi occupiers. THEY DON'T HAVE TO THE RIGHT TO PRETEND THEY DIDN'T actively support the nazis
>And I think that was, is and will be how most societies would react to overwhelming military occupation.
Again, what would YOU DO. What would the men and women you respect do?
>Now you are free to think that your country (the USA) may be different. That may be the case. After all, you are well-armed and have an history of citizens forming autonomous militias. But do not forget that americans have not experienced a military invasion on their soil for more than a century. Are they really that motivated and righteous or is it just all talk ? I don't think one can know for sure.
I think we can know for sure.
>>
>>28924316
Oh dear God you are a pedantic piece of shit.
Or you're just trolling so if so 1.3/10 for getting a reply
>>
>>28924317
WAAA WAAAA don't look at the things I've done wrong...other people do things wrong not just me.

You're like the politicians who blame their predecessors for their corruption and mismanagement.

Grow some balls and take your lumps frogfag.
>>
>>28924497
You still haven't answered me about the countries I listed. Don't worry, we all understand that you're covering for your austrian grandpa's shame when hitler came to town and he bent over and said "thank you sir, may I have another?".
>>
>>28924541
Plastic mic/dago from boston. Not french. But not austrian like you
>>
>>28924346
What , not gonna drawfag it? Also a little older and less fedora unless accuracy is unimportant to you.
>>28924370
What? You don't like women and don;lt want kids? It;s a great life anon, I hope you find yourself in my place, you deserve the same happiness friend.
>>28924398
>You seem to prefer a bullet in the neck over feeding invaders
I do prefer a bullet to the neck instead of handing my women over to be comfort whores. I do. Just because you would would cower doesn't mean we all would.
Now tell me the French male population isn't cowering now. Because when they push hard enough here we take up arms and tell them to fuck off.
>>28924559
>Plastic mic/dago from boston.
And you disagree with me? Are you not old enough to have talked with your relatives who fought in WW2. God knows how many your area sent to fight.
>>
File: Nope-Vlad The Implier.jpg (29 KB, 339x360) Image search: [Google]
Nope-Vlad The Implier.jpg
29 KB, 339x360
>>28924593
>less fedora
>>
>>28924497
If you honestly think a vast majority of people in this country wouldn't fucking drop to their knees and suck some invading army off immediately then you're completely fucking delusional. Motherfucker even our revolution didn't have much active support for the rebellion.

Most people, and I mean the absolute fucking majority of people, will completely avoid combat if they can reasonably get away with it. It's a natural response to get the fuck out of danger, and that's why we train and train and train soldiers to have combat-oriented reflexes (muscle memory) that allows them to overcome these natural urges.

The fact that you're somehow unaware of this leads me to believe you're either a fucking fobbit who maybe caught a few mortars every now and again or, more likely, some neckbeard who's just spouting memes and assorted bullshit. There's the distinct possibility that you're one of those assholes who somehow avoided getting chaptered out and did shit like shoot the platoon's favorite Iraqi mutt or collect dead animals until he was told to throw that shit away. No matter what you're disconnected from the reality everyone else lives in, at least half the country is left-leaning liberals, a quarter are staunchly anti-war, (and thus anti-resistance) and probably somewhere between those two is the percentage of active collaborators.

That's also what you're not getting. Active collaboration versus active apathy. Most of France in the 40's was apathetic to their German "guests" and couldn't be fucking bothered to risk getting killed for shit they didn't care about. This would be the same case for the United States, most of my generation (gen-x) are lame, self-absorbed assholes and most millennials are just fucking useless crybabies anyway. That leaves old geezers who are just stupid fudds so good fucking luck getting those old fuckers to shoulder a rifle, they don't even believe in the 2nd Amendment in the first place.

Get your goddamn head out of the clouds.
>>
>>28924680
>or, more likely, some neckbeard
But anon, he has a wife and kids and whisky and cigars!! >>28924319
>>
>>28924593
No, grandfather fought through libya, sicily, italy, and southern germany. He used to talk about how everyone was a colaborationist fuck in those countries. And how every german suddenly "didn't do anything" or where "good germans". My other grand pa was kept alive by philipinos, but there was little active resistence.
>>
>>28921554
>guy with the shotgun looks like he's aiming at the sandbags.

look again, he's clearly much closer to the camera than the other guys and is aiming between the bags and the window frame.
>>
>>28924497
See >>28924398

I give up. You just said that de Gaulle was a communist. I really do give up. The guy was a prime poltical target of the French Communist Party for god's sake... And the pacifist movement was in OPPOSITION of de Gaulle !

As for him "fleeing" (to organize the Free French and keep on fighting, but hey, who cares about facts...), "pissing on america" (aka not being subservant to a foreign country, be it the USA/NATO, I thought collaboration was bad ?),"destroyed much of the french constitution" (which was a good thing cos' the 4th republic was uneffective as fuck with no government holding on for much more than a year, the 5th republic is actually efficient and stable for all it's shortcoming, and I have a degree in law so I know at least marginally what I'm talking about, i.e not you), it's mostly bollocks from an american that is mad that they can't control French foreign policy nearly as much as they would like.

I certainly don't love de Gaulle. But I respect the fact that he put France back in the most powerful nations' row despite the country being utterly overrun in 1940. It's thanks to him that france is part of the G8 & permanent security council quite frankly...

If you are going to talk shit about the french, at least learn the country's history properly.

Now off to bed with me, it's nearly 2 am here.
>>
File: 1454379538547.gif (212 KB, 350x210) Image search: [Google]
1454379538547.gif
212 KB, 350x210
>>28924705
He very well could still be a neckbeard, just because he scored some permanent pussy doesn't mean he isn't a dumb son of a bitch who doesn't know his own pink puckered asshole from a hole in the ground.

Neckbeard is more of a descriptive term for somebody with his attitude anyhow, and trying to prove he's totally not an MS paint drawing in real life just goes to show that this post >>28924319 is a stellar example of how fragile his ego is:

"I have kids and I'm enjoying FINE WHISKEY AND CIGARS with my head that has FULL HAIR and my wife and daughter that are TOTALLY REAL are cleaning up after our very wholesome Sunday dinner!"

That just screams "I'm not bald damn it! I have Swisher Sweets, some JD, and I'm probably the most well-dressed bagboy at Costco!"

We did have a pretty nice thread I was eager to read until I came across his dumb bullshit.
>>
>>28924717
>My other grand pa was kept alive by philipinos, but there was little active resistence.
I bet he had some stories.
My family fought in the Pacific and Europe.
They said the Japs were fierce fanatically disciplined fighters and that we should have let Europe get depopulated by the Nazis, there was nothing of value there worth protecting. Hindsight tells me they were right as rain. Just look at it now, maybe three nations with any fucking pride at all.
>>
>>28924593
>implying there was such a thing as french women being handed over against their will to the germans as comfort woman.

There were prostitutes, there were opportunists, there were some that actually fell in love. Such is life.

On a side note, you seem to be excessively possessive about women...
>>
>>28920408
>lightning was scarce at this time.

what about thunder?
tell us about the thunder.
>>
File: 1364639466442.jpg (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1364639466442.jpg
126 KB, 640x480
>>28920291
we are now aware the FR did shit and just took staged photos the moment the Gerrys left Paris
>>
>>28924837
He was an Italian who spoke broken English, in a country which spoke mainly Spanish, being perused by japanese
>>
>>28924398
I agree with their ideology.
>fuck my wife please
>>
File: WW2_Iwo_Jima_flag_raising.jpg (23 KB, 417x336) Image search: [Google]
WW2_Iwo_Jima_flag_raising.jpg
23 KB, 417x336
>>28924890
I bet you think this photo was legit too.

Simple fact is, half of the iconic war photos from World War 2 or before were staged, because war photojournalists didn't really exist yet beyond soldiers who took their own initiative to do it.

Most of the time, the soldiers were more interested in painting or charcoal sketches than photography though.
>>
>>28924862
Sorry for the poor english, I learned german in case the huns come there again, like they do twice per century.
>>
>>28923370
Shotguns were loved by US soldiers in WWI in tight spaces, to clear trenches and bunkers. They used slam fire (pull the trigger, keep it pulled, operate the pump several times) to empty all their ammo in moments. The German wanted to have shotguns declared a war crime (as far as threatening to hang any man captured with a shotgun for war crimes).

Otherwise I guess submachine guns were the second best choice. At this range, any good pistol could work fine too.

Bolt action was probably your worst option. M1 garand might not have been best but not suck entirely (until you had to reload, if the guy in front of you had a gun with a 30 rd box magazine).
>>
>>28923370
The one that's least likely to permanently deafen you after one firefight.
>>
>>28924674
I have been certified 100% fedora free though I do love to imply when it rustles the jimmies anon.
>>28924680
>If you honestly think a vast majority of people in this country wouldn't fucking drop to their knees
I don't. Neither did Japan or Germany. Russia has never had an invasion plan for the US either. It seems only angry drunken broken down loser vets think the rest of us are as weak as they have become.
>Active collaboration versus active apathy.
I see no difference when you nation, property and women are getting raped.
>That leaves old geezers who are just stupid fudds so good fucking luck getting those old fuckers to shoulder a rifle, they don't even believe in the 2nd Amendment in the first place.
You know this chan is for people who have had their 18th B Day right kid?
>>28924705
>But anon, he has a wife and kids and whiskey and cigars!
I also have a home paid for, a summer cottage by a nice lake in MI , three cars a vintage Triumph Bonneville with a side car the love and respect of my father and many friends. Don't you have some of these things anon?
>>
>>28924094
I like your assessment. Also don't forget that (as a form of reparation for the war) young french people were requisitionned and sent to germany for their labor. They were treated as prisoners (but it was not concentration camp standards either). So if you wanted to enter resistance, you might risk your life. But nazis had a tendency to make examples. Massacre a whole village because they didn't give away the ones of them who turned to the resistance. Even if your whole family (with little kids and old people) managed to join the resistance with you (and die fighting), people from your village who were in worker camps in germany might have gotten a swift hanging.

Nazis knew terror. And they knew that in any situation, a sizeable portion of the population will accept the statu quo (everyday life goes on). If you get them scared for their life (and that of their whole families, neighbors...) they're even less likely to rise up.

Because in a revolution, it's when the people who are "passive" start getting agitated that shit goes down fast.

Some resistance fighters managed some cool ops against the nazis. Like ambushes, effective sabotage... But at some point nazis put in a policy "for one of our losses we kill 10 from around where it happened".
>>
>>28924828
>Neckbeard is more of a descriptive term
You must be new here. Google neckbeard and look at the fucking pictures.
>That just screams "I'm not bald damn it! I have Swisher Sweets, some JD, and I'm probably the most well-dressed bagboy at Costco!"
It saddens me that you have failed this badly at life, no wonder the suicide rate of your American men is getting so high.

I make no apologies for being good at life, I regret nothing. Time for a fresh whiskey and the wife sent my daughter with some nice aged Wisconsin cheddar to go with it.
>>28924855
I speak agianst occupiers pillaging the women of a nation and I'm a white knight? I can't take all this edge.
>>28925040
It was staged in as much as they retook the picture it after three men got shot up raising that flag the first time. There is war video of that showing the area getting shot the fuck up. It was a very active battle field while that happened and continued to be that way for days. This is something real men with balls of steel can do...you wouldn't understand honey.

I'm sorry your nation doesn't have to balls to do what the USA has. Go cry in a dark corner faggot, we're to busy being fucking awesome to care.
>>28925083
>I learned german in case the huns come there again, like they do twice per century.
I think this a is what they call a BAZINGA.
>>
File: 1421588454468.png (21 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
1421588454468.png
21 KB, 780x770
>>28925298
>you wouldn't understand honey.
Next you'll be calling me 'kid.'
>>
>>28924803
>aka not being subservant to a foreign country

Is that what you call his unending attempts to humiliate and demean America? De Gaulle was childishly rude to American and British diplomats out of the shame of needed to be rescued and to this day the socialist main stream media protects his memory.

The simple fact is he ran from the war. You can't possibly deny this fact. He ran to England then spent his days ridiculing their tactics after they were saved by those same tactics.

Second thing that boggles the mind is that even after Americans and Englishmen died by the thousands establish those beach heads and then beating the occupiers off your lands you smarmy smelly cunts have no gratitude. None. You are petulant ungrateful cunts and I pray to God when ISIS or what ever the muslims unite behind and bring bloody war to you from with in you own boarders that we don;t save you fantastic bitches again. Go drink you wine pussy, maybe if you get drunk enough you won't hear you wife and daughter getting rallied to high heaven by the refugees.
>>
>>28922826

It's a big gun.
>>
>>28925334
Nah, I'll let everyone else do it for posting that cancerous pic.
>>
>>28925118
>I don't. Neither did Japan or Germany. Russia has never had an invasion plan for the US either. It seems only angry drunken broken down loser vets think the rest of us are as weak as they have become.
We haven't become weak, we're just sick of snot-nosed little shits like you thinking they're somehow learned and informed when they're clearly so fucking far out there I need a goddamn map to find them.

>I see no difference when you nation, property and women are getting raped.
What? None of this happened to the French, most of the country was only vaguely aware they were in a war because their lives didn't change until the Germans got desperate, and when that happened the Allies were busting down the door.

>You know this chan is for people who have had their 18th B Day right kid?
Pick one and only one:
>angry drunken broken down loser vet
>kid

Difference between me and you is I couldn't give a single rat fuck what you think of me. You shit up this whole thing by going on and on about how oh-so-awful the French were, that's all I care about. You've already been told a few times in the thread, but you're too stubborn or stupid to stop and admit that you might possibly be wrong about something.

Best part is you called DuGaulle a communist, that made me laugh, but it proved you were so full of shit your eyes got to be brown.
>>
>>28925362
Why don't you go back to /pol/ and start another cuck fetish picdump tough guy.
>>
>>28925298
>It saddens me that you have failed this badly at life, no wonder the suicide rate of your American men is getting so high.
I own 260 acres of pristine pine forest, I built my own cabin myself on that land.

Your crappy little cottage in Michigan doesn't interest me. Neither do your cars. How much respect you have from your father. None of it interests me, it's pointless dickwaving and posturing that means nothing because quite frankly I'm biased toward my own little slice of heaven.

Also,
>some nice aged Wisconsin cheddar
If this is your definition of good living then I almost pity you.
>>
File: Proud French Woman..jpg (48 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
Proud French Woman..jpg
48 KB, 580x386
This entire thread is golden.
The French pretending to have any self respect for how they handled themselves in WW2.
No Frenchman gets to hold their head up in regards to your complete and almost gleeful submission to German occupiers. FFS tens of thousands of you VOLUNTEERED to go and work in German factories helping feed the German military with bullets and bombs.

Some good reading and plenty of lulz in the links. There are thousands of articles showcasing the French peoples desire to please the Germans.

>http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/world_news/Europe/article788461.ece

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1175836/Sleeping-enemy-How-horizontal-collaborators-Paris-brothels-enjoyed-golden-age-entertaining-Hitlers-troops.html

>https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/78558.html
>>
>>28925405
>Difference between me and you is I couldn't give a single rat fuck what you think of me
Posts a wall of text.
You care a lot anon, A lot.
>>28925481
>I own 260 acres of pristine pine forest
kek
>If this is your definition of good living then I almost pity you.
Never enjoying a really good aged cheese at room temperature with a fine whiskey,... why even live.
You'll find your hormones stop rollercoastering as you get older and start having regular sex son. It'll happen for you, I promise.
>>
>>28925675
>You care a lot anon, A lot.
I care that you shit up a relatively okay thread with stupid bullshit.

You're focusing on me though, which means that you know your arguments are horseshit.

>>28925675
>Never enjoying a really good aged cheese at room temperature with a fine whiskey,... why even live.
>really good aged cheese
>from Wisconsin
>being this fucking white trash

I make my own cheese anyway.
>>
>>28926009
>really good aged cheese
>from Wisconsin
>being this fucking white trash
Doesn't know much of the best cheese in the world has been coming out of Wisconsin USA several decades. Not those some soft mold pouches that have no proper English name and have to be pronounced with that sissified frrench throat squeezing.but the kind of cheese regular people eat, Edams, Swiss. Goudas, Havarties.... then calls me white trash.
Of course you also swear up and down that De Gaulle wasn't a commie piece of shit and a closet homosexual.
>>
>>28926534
>Doesn't know much of the best cheese in the world has been coming out of Wisconsin USA several decades
>>
>>28920348
Movie gave me serious feels, shows you the state of mind of the poles after the war; dark
>>
>>28924317
Czechoslovakia and Norway had active resistance movements, not like Poland/France/Yugo scale but small and efficient
>>
>>28929251
And they didn't exaggerate the accomplishments of their resistance like the French did.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.