[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hahaha, but seriously imagine a whole swarm of these attacki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
Hahaha, but seriously imagine a whole swarm of these attacking you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b93H5U6bcVI
>>
File: drone rifle.jpg (69 KB, 1200x561) Image search: [Google]
drone rifle.jpg
69 KB, 1200x561
PEW PEW PEW
>>
>>28904462
What about the average joe sitting in his FOB with no EW?

Like you're part of the first unit in history to get hit by these things.
>>
>>28904462
It's mostly against the non-autonomous ones.
>>
>>28904452
blatant rip off of South African technology
>>
File: RShG-2.jpg (53 KB, 650x356) Image search: [Google]
RShG-2.jpg
53 KB, 650x356
Combat testing in Syria when?

Swap out the HEAT warhead for the thermobaric variant and you got yourself a party.
>>
>>28904452
Shoot them with guns, they can't armor these things very heavily without making them huge or cutting the run time drastically. Shooting them once or twice should fuck them up
>>
>>28904616
Shmel is the shit! Watched it in action in Syria... they take down whole smaller houses. Fucking roof just caves in when you hit the insides with it. And every one of those "Tiger Forces" guys has one on his back. Talk about a force multiplier...
>>
>Carrying an entire fucking RPG and firing it at a slant
>Not just strapping a cluster of EFPs to it and poking holes from above in vulnerable top armor
>>
>>28904462

>Eotech mounted backwards
>>
>>28904616
>Combat testing in Syria when?
they've been sending all kinds of drones into Syria. there are some rumors some land-based drones scored kills.

wouldn't surprise me if that thing ended there at some point. that war there is a great way to test all this new shit and see what works.
>>
>>28904452
Is there droneshot available in 12 gauge? I want to feel tacticool but my AR stays at my family's ranch because there's no reason to keep it with me unlike my Benelli.
>>
>>28904706

This is all too common, sadly.
>>
>>28904452

I'm surprised at how well that drone managed the backblast.

I'd like to see quadcopters mounted with rocket pods or independent missiles like a proper gunship, but for now I'll settle for a nigger-rigged fire and forget on one.
>>
>>28904768

>managed backblast
uhhh you mean managed recoil? pretty sure those recoilless
>>
>be ISIS
>look to horizon with shitty Soviet-era binoculars
>cresting the horizon in broad daylight is a swarm of RC helicopters
>undisturbed by the presence of drones, shitty Russian reconnaissance attempt
>somethings different
>octo-copter carrying a PA blasting Russian pop-music carry 107mm rocket tubes approaches
>starts firing indiscriminate GRAD rockets upon the town
>drones catch on fire
>days later the children start carrying them into town thinking they're toys
>anthrax built into blast-proof boxes housed inside the drones, only when opened deliberately does the poison fill the air
>SAA patrol wearing NBC gear starts to burn the town, kills survivors
>>
Piece of cake for autocannons with proximity fused ammo.
>>
>>28904786

Seriously? I thought the first one looked guided. The video is too vague for me to make any good ID's.
>>
>>28904706
Not an eotech, it's a sightmark copy that mounts like that. Look at the rear of the base
>>
>>28904810

Bust out the Flak even. Would make piss-easy work of them.
>>
>>28904452
we frontlines: fuel of war now
>>
Terrorist techinical equivalents, when?
>>
File: Anti-drone eagle.gif (2 MB, 620x425) Image search: [Google]
Anti-drone eagle.gif
2 MB, 620x425
>USA finally deploys bald eagle units to protect their tanks
>>
>>28904954

That might actually work in this instance.
>>
>>28904452
>RT
>anti tank
yeah no, maybe anti soft target on a good day
>>
>>28904910

Literally just a stick of dynamite taped onto an RC car.
>>
>>28904967

They should've started smaller, attached something like the TROPHY system to it, or a smokescreen system like they mount on tanks.

Personally, I think that's much more practical than mounting something on that constantly needs to be reloaded to be effective.
>>
This thread is adorable. The US has been able to jam this type of "drone" for fucking years.
It's cute seeing the slavs trying to replicate technology we came up with decades ago, though.
I believe in you! You can do it! You only need a few quadrillion more rubles (assuming the ruble's value doesn't crash further by the time you read this) to develop something worthy of this millennium!
>>
>>28905050
I don't think this is for state on state warfare. I could see a use for these UAVs in for fighting like in Iraq, Syria, Ukraine and Yemen.

Any examples on of Western crew served weapons on expendable UAVs? I don't recall any.

Would love to see a AT4 on something similar.

Also, this is cheap shit. It's not like a they're making expendable MALE UAVs to fling RPGs off.
>>
>>28905050
oh cute. work further on your drones then- Iranians managed to hack one of your RQ-170 with a goddamn Russian export EW suite mounted on a dinky looking Ural.
>>
>>28905199
>Iran
>hack
>anything
ok
>>
>>28905381
>ok
they aren't your run-of-the-mill average middle eastern; they actually have 2 brain cells to rub not unlike their Arab neighbors and the likes of (You).
>>
>>28904954
>Eagle
>>
>>28904452
It'd work against goat fuckers and other low-tech opponents
Anyone else will just sweep their freq and jam their shit
>>
>>28904954
Make rotors of sharpened steel no talons for you
>>
>>28904462
We future now?
>>
>>28904452
M2 Browning was invented for a reason.
>>
>>28904663
have the video?
have seen it in action in chechen but not Syria
>>
>>28905846

Could be made safe from jamming if it could run it's own secondary program. Ie. it continues it's given task even if it loses signal.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 499x499
>>28907063
Make talons out of harder steel
>>
Looks like it is just going to fly in to get pelted with small arms fire before it can get a good shot off.

Make it faster and just strap explosives to it.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 700x470) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 700x470
>>28904720
Source? That sounds super interesting if true.
>>
>>28908731
>Make it faster and just strap explosives to it.

So, a guided missile.
>>
File: big13963914.jpg (1 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
big13963914.jpg
1 MB, 1200x800
>>28908875
not him
there was some report about picrelated storming some ISIS base in Latakia
but they provide so proof, pic or video so i think it is bullshit
http://www.ng.ru/armies/2016-01-20/2_siria.html
the Drone is used to protect Russia Naval base, armed with 4 rocket and 1 PKMT machine gun, it have thermal sight and such
but is mean for defensive use so i think the report is bullshit
>>
>>28909123
>Bullshit
Never underestimate the boredom of Russian soldiers
>>
Everybody always talks about long-range autonomous drones, and their vulnerability to jamming, etc, but I never hear talk of short-range wired manual drones. It's a shame, because I can see a lot of tactical utility in a wired setup.

Being wired means no jamming, it means power can be supplied from the ground, so performance can be better and there's no battery life issues, especially if powered from a vehicle. A wired drone could be used by an AT team to pop up over cover and engage a target directly like in the OP or paint a target for a ground-launched missile. Mortar teams could put the thing 100m up in the air and spot for themselves. Strap a rifle or LMG to one, and you can engage rooftop snipers from the ground, or clear around a corner without exposing troops to fire. A vehicle could put one up in the air and have it follow along with a convoy, providing a vantage point to help spot ambushes or hostile vehicles. An SF team could carry a tiny, low-observable one that could paint targets for airstrikes.

Instead of replacing humans on the battlefield, I think there's a ton of potential for using small wired drones to help protect them and improve their effectiveness.
>>
File: Platform-M.webm (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Platform-M.webm
2 MB, 320x240
>>28909720
tell me about it
>>
>>28904452
Its too slow.
>>
>>28904452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERgNoVrRGeA
>>
>>28904566

Cant it still mess with the GPS signal, or do autonomous ones use some sort of mixture of GPS, imagery and dead-reckoning to reduce the chance of getting fully jammed up?
>>
>>28904452
How about I weaponize the Canada Goose by sticking explosives to it?

Cheaper, infinitely more terrifying, gets rid of geese and the target in one go.
They don't even need training. They are already aggressive and love going to any place you love and start landing to shit everywhere.
>>
>>28909990
Yup
>>
>>28904498
can you say high stakes pigeon shoot?
>>
>>28908677
birds and drones literally follow the paths of tanks in terms of armor progression
>>
>>28904452
can someone make this a webm
>>
File: smirk.jpg (59 KB, 833x1250) Image search: [Google]
smirk.jpg
59 KB, 833x1250
My face when I imagine two opposing forces using phone apps to sling RPGs at each other with their quadcopter UAVs.
>>
>RC helicopter with camera strapped onto it is a threat to my life

When will this meme end
>>
>>28915598
>camera
nigga it has anti armor recoilless rifles/rpgs strapped to it
>>
>>28915623
Drone in OP's pic is scary as fuck my dude, I'm talking about these funds in the replies who think that some Melvin with a $20 toy he got at the Sharper Image is gonna steal their 30-30 and take pictures of their kids
>>
>>28909123
That's far too cute to be intimidated by
>>
>>28915623
>nigga it has anti armor recoilless rifles/rpgs strapped to it
Well I'm not a tank so I don't have to worry about anti tank weapons.
>>
>>28909123

>tinky tinky clinky clanky new from sentrex tiny tank, americas lovable-
>>
>>28913197
>be poootin
>gets invited to school
>draws cat ass on the board
>giggles like a little child
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gARjAQS9Cuw

what a fucking aspi
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.