[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I want some advice on what y'all think. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
Hey /k/ I want some advice on what y'all think. I'm working part time and today out of nowhere two people from the main office (we have 4 three small and one main one) started putting up 30.06 and 30.07 signs. Apparently not even the boss at my office knew. My mother carries here and I planned on carrying once I was of age (i'm 18 currently). My family tries to stay away from gun free businesses, should I quit and stand up for what I believe in or what should I do? I'll take a pic once they leave they're putting them up currently.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x427
Assert dominance. Open carry mosin.
>>
>>28870371
Don't do that. Simply ask your manager if he knows who made the decision, then ask to speak with that person. Politely ask them to reconsider their decision in light of recent world events or something that doesn't make you seem like a nut. Be respectful and see where it goes.
>>
>>28870371
>Pursuant to section 30.06...
>>
File: 20160210_151650.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160210_151650.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
OP here with a pic of the front door.
>>
Just take the signs down when no one is looking. Repeat this until desired effect is achieved. Eventually they won't be able to afford to replace them.
>>
Anyone think hiring a homeless man to run in with a ski mask and shoot everyone with rubber bullets and say "anyone who got hit is dead this is what your anti gun sign does"
>>
>>28870439
>ironic kek
>>
>>28870439
Thought that was weird too
>>
>>28870724
That sounds like an awesome idea, but realistically the homeless man and whoever hired him would probably be arrested.
>>
File: omw to threesome.gif (2 MB, 296x226) Image search: [Google]
omw to threesome.gif
2 MB, 296x226
>>28870573
Can you just this once not act like a clueless ape frustratedly pawing at a strangely angular, glowing stone and rotate your fucking pictures so that normal humans don't have to break their neck looking at your ultimately pointless post?
>>
>>28870869
Here's a hundred to do it. Here's another hundred to claim it was your idea to show people how retarded this logic is.
>homeless people would get stopped by police and not just disappear
>>
>>28870371
Ask them why they are violating your Civil Rights...

As a black guy, I could only imagine their reactions as I ask them "Why they feel the need to violate mine and other's Civil Rights"
>>
>>28870677
>cameras don't exist
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 1024x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 1024x396
Reminds me of this
>>
>>28870371
I just read the sign and I guess you have to open carry long guns. Or CC a shotgun. Up to you, OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 395x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 395x263
>>28871336
>>
>>28870371
>>28870412
>>28871347
This
>>28870724
This
>>28870422
Or this.

Preferably OC Mosin w/ bayonet affixed
>>
>>28871301
So would the libtards side with you or not? I mean it could be spun as racial, but it's about guns...
>>
>>28870371
>should I quit and stand up for what I believe in or what should I do?

Sounds like you don't need or care about the job, so knock yourself out. Just don't flounce out like a drama queen.

>>28870422

You're just going to start a bunch of pointless squabbling and office drama. No one will agree with you, they'll resent you for making their shitty office drone lives more miserable, and your boss will peg you as a trouble maker.

There's a big disconnect between how /k/ thinks the world works and how it actually does. In reality no one really cares about carrying, except for the one or two that REALLY care like OP and the person who's going to go batshit crazy defending these signs. Everyone who's stuck in the middle is going to hate you both. Quit and move on, or realize that you probably have a better chance of being struck by lightening than needing to defend yourself in an office and this isn't a fight worth having.
>>
>>28871381
It's all about civil rights. Your second amendment and right to defend yourself is in fact a civil right.

By denying this right in your store, you are disproportionately hurting people of color and women and gays. All of those groups are at risk and commonly victimized, and by preventing their right to carry a gun you are making them into potential victims against a stronger or more aggressive attacker.
>>
>>28871482
So I would recommend all those whom support rape-victims and LGBT's right to defend themselves boycott the store.
:)
>>
>>28871453
>Flouride: The Post
>isn't a fight worth having
Fuck you and your beta complacent bullshit. Fuck off.
>>
>>28871512
fluoride*
>>
>>28871512
This.

God damn. You have the right to carry and own firearms its a fucking essential right, alongside freedom of religion and freedom of speech and freedom to sit wherever the fuck you want on the bus.

Im so sick of these bigoted "Liberals" saying "oh you dont need that gun you probably wont need it"
But yeah when my girlfriend gets raped or I get beaten because I am different, then I will need the gun. What if I am a disabled veteran? Or a young attractive woman? Or a homosexual? Guess what, how am I supposed to fight off a 6' 3" attacker who wants to rape/kill/beat the shit out of me.

sorry pal, but "You probably wont need it" does not fucking cut it. Might as wel argue "you dont NEED to sit in the front of the bus" or "you dont NEED to shoot that guy who is going to rape and impregnate you." Because what you are doing is saying "dont fight it because you probably wont need your gun," well what would have happened had we not fought for equal voting rights or other rights we "dont really need".

So sick of these fucking racist rich white fucking demorats who claim to be for black and LGBT and women's rights but will use those rights as a bargaining chip as soon as it fits their political agenda.

They fucking use the uneducated and poor minorities as their token's and use them to get what they want. No different than modern day slavery.
>>
>>28871512
You have to make compromises to keep a job. One of those compromises is not dragging political or personal bullshit into a working environment. It's like starting shit with a coworker because s/he has a pro choice bumper sticker and you're pro life or vice versa. It's a needless distraction from the reason you're there, which is to do work in exchange for money.

If OP can't abide not carrying a gun while he does whatever it is office drones do he's more than welcome to seek out new employment. I advised him that he can quit, it's just a good idea to do so in a way that maintains a good relationship with your previous employer.
>>
>>28871206

It's probably a posting error. It's pretty common on phones for the uploaded photo to get rotated despite being correctly oriented when you went to post it. Fucking crazy, right? Dumbass.
>>
>>28870371
Just take them down when no one is looking faggot
>>
>>28870371
If the owner of the property didn't post the signs, it doesn't bear the force of law. In some states, even if the owner does post a notice, it doesn't bear the force of law.
>>
File: tmp_30131-IMG_27371447294993.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30131-IMG_27371447294993.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
I've never understood these posts. My boss doesn't give a shot about me carrying persobally, but since I'm classified as "unarmed security" in our contract, when I'm at our client site (which is 99% of the time, that's where my office is), I'm supposed to be unarmed as per the contract. If the client or any of their employees sees I have a gun I get fired. So I deep carry with a Kangaroo Carry holster. Slow to draw, but at least I have something, and under my button up shirt and suit jacket you can't see shit. 0% chance of accidently brandishing.

Unless your job is some temp shit you don't care about, do the same thing. There are other deep carry options also, even something like an LCP in a pocket holster. No one is going to be able to tell you carry that way.
>>
>>28870371
Depending on the state it doesn't mean jack shit to an employee unless they make you sign documents outlining these regulations.

There was a notable example of this in NC where an employee got fired from the job for carrying but at no point had the employer indicated that employees could not carry while on the clock and on the property. Guy sued, it went to state, guy won.

Don't quote me as I'm having difficulty finding the source info atm
>>
>>28870371
Tell your boss that you're getting lots of complaints about it.

You're not there to have any personal opinions on the matter.

It's just hurting business and you're concerned about that.
>>
>>28871820
I've never understood people that carry this way.

You have 0% chance of getting to your gun in a self defense situation and best case scenario, you have to own up to having it when the cops are there or risk being in trouble for that but then if you do tell them, you get fired. It's lose lose with no benefit.
>>
File: bby'sFirstCCW.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bby'sFirstCCW.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1080
>>28870371
Just carry a black powder revolver. You can do it at any age in Texas and it isn't legally a firearm or handgun at both the state and federal level
>>
Take it down and replace it with a sign that doesn't carry the force of law behind it.
>>
>>28871324
Take the cameras
>>
What matters more; your life or your part time job? I say carry in spite of the law
>>
>B-but Texas is da bess state dog bless
Why are Texans so delusional? Permits are expensive, you have open carry but can't do it anywhere, these signs are on almost every business in the state. Unlike most states, these signs carry legal weight.
>>
>>28872565

No one in their right mind thinks Texas has good gun laws.

I've stopped shopping long ago anywhere that bans concealed carry but now almost every business bans open carry.

I spent a fuckload of money for my CHL and I can't even use it on half the places I might use it in because liberal faggots from california move here in droves and I live at the epicenter of their faggotry (Austin)

It's like "Hey, californians, we have our OWN kind of faggotry here, we've got Texas' Faggotry needs covered we don't need you waltzing in and really REALLY fucking up the place."
>>
>>28872626
Austin has become little-California.

Irony is they are escaping the policies they themselves voted for and now importing them into one of the last free-states.

Move out of Austin before its too late.
>>
>>28872648
Oh I fucking know, my wife and I are only here long enough now to save up enough money to put a down payment on a house somewhere fucking else.

I really wish these faggots weren't coming here and ruining my hometown. (And if you dislike Austin you've never been here, it's the best place in Texas to live and you're just a big baby party-line walking faggot milk-toast whiteboy who can't like anything different.)

Fuck 'em
>>
>>28872682
I live in Georgetown, fuck Austin.

That's about it.
>>
>>28872766
Fuck you too pal

I love Georgetown
>>
>>28872795
Where do you shoot at, austinfag?
>>
>>28872837
Lone Star Gun Range in lockhart

I haven't joined Austin Rifle Club yet so the only decent range is, conveniently, near some pretty awesome BBQ.

(Kreuz's is the best BTW fuck Black's.)
>>
>>28870371
>should I quit and stand up for what I believe in

You're asking strangers on the internet, obviously that is beyond you.

It sucks, but deal with it.
>>
>>28872905
Lockhart's on the other side of Austin from me so I've never been there.

I go to eagle peak when I can't go to my roommate's land. It's okay.

Salt lick is best BBQ, hands down.
>>
>>28872447
Office/Workplace shooting, besides if you are within eyeshot of the shooter you are most likely already dead in that situation because you are fucking working not oper8ing.
>>
>>28871696
I don't know why he's so mad, but my phone lets me check and set orientation of images and you can certainly get programs that let you edit exif data. There isn't an excuse for sideways images or portrait-aspect video apart from user ignorance.
>>
>>28871602
Preach it!
>>
>>28873080
Wrong. It'll be in the correct orientation in your library but when it posts, it turns it. I have discovered if you crop some of the top or bottom off, it stops.
>>
File: herkimer3.jpg (727 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
herkimer3.jpg
727 KB, 2048x1536
>>28873281
>when it posts, it turns it
>user ignorance
Yep.
>>
>>28871820
what do you carry? trying to guess based off the magazine and I'm drawing blank. I wanted to say 1911 but that's not right.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.