[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving to Cali on July. My wife is accepting a job there in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6
Moving to Cali on July. My wife is accepting a job there in the central valley making crazy stupid amounts of money, plus we'll be right up next to Sequoia national park and I love hiking.

What do I need to do? I have a 9mm pistol, a nugget, and a .22.
>>
>>28858838
kill yourself
>>
>>28858875
I'm good, no thanks
>>
>>28858838
nothing, unless the pistol is on the banned list

even then nobody is going to give a shit
>>
>>28858886
Do I have to register it since I'm not buying it in state?

It's just an old S&W 9mm pistol
>>
>>28858884
you can only say that bc you havent lived in cali long enough
>>
>>28858838
youre suppose to register the handgun and no magazines over 10 rounds for the handgun can be brought in.

i would just disassemble them or put a mag blocker. because the law is unenforceable
>>
>>28858903
you have to register it
>>
>moving TO cali

ya blew it
>>
>>28858905
I'm coming from Kansas, I think I'll be fine.

>>28858913
Fucking hell, california.
>>
>>28858903
yes

see
>>28858912
>>
>>28858912
Fuck that's stupid, I knew about the AR law bullshit but not about pistol mags. Fucking hell.
>>
>>28858928
sigh no friend you will not
i would take an eternity of kansas
over a life in cali {below sacremento}
>>
>>28858993
all mags are 10 rounds or less in commiefornia, unless they are preban or disassembled parts kits owned prior to 2014
>>
>>28859071
I've been in Kansas for 8 going on 9 years.

I'm sick of shitty parks that aren't funded worth a damn.

I'm sick of the plains and the little things they call hills here

I'm sick of not enough people in many areas to even get fresh beer

I'm sick of the endless amount of chain restaurants unless you're in Lawrence or Kansas City

I'm sick of the dindus in Wichita and Kansas City, seriously far worse than mexicans.

I'm sick of the hyper religious evangelicals shitbags

I'm sick of the cold shitty weather

I'm ready to get out, and if that's nestled up next to the sierra nevadas south of fresno, so be it.
>>
>Shitload of money
Yeah, no. It only seems like that because everything is taxed out the fucking dick
>>
>>28859107
i wish u the very best anon
ill be interested to hear from u in a year
word of advice fresno is hell
stay out of it at all costs
no reason is good enough to risk your life their
again may the force be with you
>>
>>28859121
That doesn't matter when you're in the medical field and getting your first real job out of residency. I've compared cost of living, it's still more than she'd be making in Kansas by 15 grand.
>>
>>28859160
Fresno is ten times safer than Wichita, KS. I think I'll be fine.
>>
>>28858886
>the pistol is on the banned list
But everything is on the banned list because the criteria for approval is deliberately literally impossible.
>>
>>28858838
>right up next to Sequoia national park
better than admitting to moving to fresno i guess
>>
>>28859198
South of fresno, rather.
>>
>>28858912
>unenforceable
Not in SF/LA where the grandfather clause on magazines was removed.
>>
>>28859183
id like to see those stats plz
if their is a place worse i want to see it
>>
>>28859226
Fresno isn't even in the top 100

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100dangerous/

Several places I've lived are, like Little Rock AR, Springfield MO, Nashville, Memphis...
>>
You have to register everything with the Cali DOJ and get rid of all 10 round+ mags. Which means the Feds now know what you own as well. I'd suggest putting them in storage or leaving them with a trusted friend and buying guns here in Cali to avoid the red tape and the invasion of privacy.

Get used to the meth heads, the homeless encampments, and the utterly obscene cost of living -- takeout pizza is fucking $30 -- plus obscene taxes and regulations on every facet of your life. Your wife's crazy money won't take you as far as you think it will.
>>
>>28859273
LIke I said, we're gonna be fine

>>28859165

I might just sell them all here in Kansas, I'd get almost double what I paid for them all. Obama has been great for gun sales! I think I paid 50 bucks for my nugget...

Either that or just leave them with my folks in Phoenix, since we might not stay in Cali more than a few years. You never know.
>>
>>28859252
as i read this jounny cash started singing
all these cities are shit man ill never go back again man

fresno is meth capital of cali
>>
hey op do you like sitting in traffic? Because california has a lot of it

90+ minute commutes are not uncommon
>>
>>28859303
Good thing I'm not a shithead and won't be going to biker bars, wal mart, or mcdonalds

>>28859326
I think I could drive from tulare county and half way to the beach in 90 minutes
>>
>>28858903
If you want to carry it, yes
otherwise, no one really gives a shit unless you go to LA or the bay area
>>
>>28859344
I'm not carrying it, but I thought I read other places you had to register pistols no matter what
>>
>>28858838
So Cal here, good luck op, cali sucks in a lot of ways (too many people, libtard gov't) but I love it & probably would never leave . Gun laws suck dick but don't stress over them too much.
>>
>>28859292
> like I said we're going to be fine.

Ok dude, just don't say I didn't warn you about the niggers/spics, insane taxes, and bullshit laws on top of a cost of living approaching hawaii levels of high.
>>
>>28860233
Cost of living in the central valley isn't much more than most of the rest of the country. It's like living in Phoenix.

Tulare county doesn't have niggers, and you don't know niggers until you've lived in the deep south.
>>
Just register your shit (assuming you're concerned about breaking the law) and if your pistol has mags that hold over ten rounds either sell them before moving or keep them hidden and buy some 10 round ones. Other than that, you're fine.
>>
do i detect /k/entral valley? 209 here, city on ca-99
>>
>>28858886
>banned list
That's not how it works.

OP your nugget is GTGO and your .22 pretty much also. Your pistol can't have a threaded barrel and don't tell anyone about any mags you have over 10 rounds. You may want to buy a few 10 rounders to be on the safe side.
>>
OP, if you want to make a killing once you get here, buy a bunch of in demand off roster guns. Once you get here and voluntarily register them, you can sell them for almost double. I've seen gen 4 Glocks going for almost a grand.
>>
>>28859071

>{below sacremento}

kek, there's your mistake, anon. Elk Grove? Lodi? Stockton?

The only reason to move to California is to live in the mountains, on the coast, or in a major city. If you're gonna live in a rural area you get none of the benefits (except for weather maybe) and all of the shitty stuff.
>>
>>28859326

Not in the central valley, anon. It's super rural. Ass-raping traffic is only in the urban agglomerations.
>>
exercise true freedom and bring 30rd mags
>>
>>28859303
Nah man, that's Stockton and Methdesto
>>
>>28859107
hello anon

I used to live in CA, I spent the first 26 years of my life there.
I lived in Alameda, Humboldt and Los angeles counties during that time.

>meth is rampant in central and northern cali
>minorities tend to segregate themselves pretty hard
>lots of asians near the coastal cities
>central valley is hell's slit latrine
>cities are extremely liberal, everywhere else is mexican/hillbilly/hippy
>>
Hide them and never speak of this again.

Hopefully your wife will get transfered to a free state.

> If you need to defend yourself, use the nugget.
> It can be replaced and the probably wont send you to prison for using a 100+ yo rifle in self defense.

>Probably.
>>
File: 1455005984981.jpg (123 KB, 530x596) Image search: [Google]
1455005984981.jpg
123 KB, 530x596
>>
>>28859107
Fresno ain't so bad. I'm back and forth between there and San Jose.
Fresno advantages:

- one of like three counties where you WILL get a CCW if you apply for it. Our sheriff is pretty cool I guess.

- close proximity to Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia Nat'l Forest, myriad other wilderness areas

-rent is cheap compared to elsewhere in Cali. IE, in my area of town (relatively central Fresno, near tower) a 3 bedroom 2 bath house would be around 900-1000 a month to rent and not a suburb that requires you to drive 20 minutes to a grocery store.

- meth, it is cheap

Fresno disadvantages

- air quality

- meth, though it is cheap, see above.

- our local politics will make you shoot yourself
>>
>>28859366
legally, you have to register it, but you won't get in much trouble if you have it, unless your local sheriff is a dickhead about it, which unless you live in the big cities they won't be
>>
>>28859193
Ban list only applies to new sales through FFLs. You can bring your pistol, though you're supposed to register it with the DOJ within (iirc) 30 days.
>>
>>28862491
>It can be replaced and the probably wont send you to prison for using a 100+ yo rifle in self defense.

Cali has Castle Doctrine, SYG, and Fleeing Felon laws.
>>
>>28858838
step 1. don't call it cali unless you're moving to norcal.
step 2. don't move to this shit hole. if your wife is making a boatload of money, own two houses, one here, and one somewhere that doesn't suck.
you'll probably legally have to throw out or sell all of your pistol magazines and buy cucked versions of them.
>>
>>28859103
or a cop, or it's a tube mag.
and it doesn't matter if they're pre ban, they have to have been in the state pre ban, which if he's just moving there now, they aren't.
>>
Just do what you want OP the law doesnt get enforced out in rural areas like it does here in the bay so long as you dont broadcast it. Just stay away from liberal yuppies visiting the national parks and activating soccer mom mode if they see your nra bumper sticker
>>
>>28860728
This guy is the sole voice of reason here.
If you want, submit a volreg to the CA DOJ and tell them what you've got. It costs $19.
The roster does not apply.
You can block your own mags, it is stupid easy to do. The level of "permanent" is dependent on your level of handiness.
Welcome to a beautiful state, help us make it better.
>>
>>28862412
califag here, im moving up to humbolt from the north bay soon, what am I in for?
>>
File: d32f258467[1].jpg (206 KB, 978x777) Image search: [Google]
d32f258467[1].jpg
206 KB, 978x777
>moving to /k/ommiefornia as a gun owner

Your wife better be making fucking boatloads.

>accidentally hit the reverse image search button
>get this
>>
>>28865106
>california
>beautiful
SoCal is an industrial shithole. NorCal is a bunch of old fucks and literal faggots.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (113 KB, 491x701) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
113 KB, 491x701
>>28865119
what the fuck bro
>>
>>28865414
oh lol, fuck, wrong one lol

my bad
>>
>>28865414
>>28865119
what the fuck is this retarded image search?
>>
>>28865405
>industrial shithole
I am sorry you are unable to drive more than 30 minutes from wherever the hell your welfare collecting ass currently sits. SoCal is more than your particular ghetto, Jamal.
>>
>>28865112
I went though Arcata/Humbolt a few months ago. They have a huge transient problem. Drugs are really bad there too. Shitton of hippies too.
>>
>>28864976
Until you use a banned weapon in self defense.

>"You shot jamal dindu 15 times anon!"

>"did you reload your ten round magazine?
> " Do you have one of those babby killing 15rd clips for your assault pistol?"
>>
>>28860728
technically if he does own a pistol like a tec9 or spectre that is named on the assault weapon list it is illegal in california
if it's not on the list, no worries

>>28858838
OP buy any handguns you think you might want even if you don't really want them. if it's off roster (read: it came out in the last few years) you can sell it to some other guy for more than what you paid. glock 43, vp9, ppq, etc
>>
>>28859165
>$15,000
I would not move for 15,000.
>>
>>28865106
It's not voluntary if you're moving in. You are required to register all firearms. Although from what i heard, no one really checks and no one really cares.

Voluntary registration only applies to guns that were acquired in CA prior to registration requirements. Why anyone would want to do this is beyond me. Only half decent reason I can think of is to put it on a CCL.

>>28866191
I also wouldn't move to CA for 15k more a year, at least not permanently.
>>
>>28858928
Where from Kansas?
>>
>>28865629
OP, buy a 50 AE Desert Eagle with gold tiger stripes before you come here

I guarantee you'll get 5x the MSRP if you sell it NIB. I bet someone from hollywood would pay you a pretty penny to add it to his collection

>tl;dr: buy all the off-roster pistols you can and flip em
>>
>>28866216
>>28866191
>>28859165
you would likely be making less real world cash once you adjust for cost of living/PPP in Cali vs Kansas
>>
>>28858838
Atleast you moved to central valley
>red pocket of California
>sheriff is pro gun
>ccw is handed out like candy
>many shooter here
>go to white areas and their is gun shops a plenty.
They may shit on you for moving to California but you atleast moving to a very pro gun area stay Away from LA county and San Francisco
Are you moving to Fresno madera or Clovis?
If you can go to Clovis very white conservative and pro gun their
>>
>>28858903
Yes if it is of the roster and you wanna sell it to make money or ccw but if you keep to your self no because police only see if stolen
>>
>>28858838

No money is worth having to live in California.
>>
>>28858928
Before you come buy Vickers grey gen 4 glock bring it in with 10 round mag register it and sell it.
500 dollar pistol will sell for atleast 1500 if not more
>>
File: 26362585.jpg (146 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
26362585.jpg
146 KB, 1024x678
stop by on your way to the Dodge Ridge Pinecrest Strawberry whatever. Hit the Diamondback too, maybe they'll be back in form by the way you get here...
>>
>>28858838
>crazy stupid amounts of money
Guess where a lot of that is gonna go:
Back to the state, rent (because there's nothing left to own, and if there is you'll be paying it off for years), gas, utilities, etc.
Californians have a higher pay but a MUCH MUCH higher cost of living.
Good luck OP, you're gonna need it.
>>
>>28864211
>Fresno ain't so bad
Its a trap anon, don't listen to this faggot.

Everything in Fresno has bullet holes in it, source, 2 sisters who went to Fresno state and I had to help them me at least 9 times due to safety issues.

On the plus side, you might actually get to legally shoot a dindu.
>>
>>28868748
>help them me
Fuck you phone

Had to help them move
>>
>>28865405
Which leaves 300 miles of pristine coastline

Central Coast is where it's at. There's a reason everyone who is ever stationed at Vandenberg comes back.
>>
>>28868748
Fresno in general ain't so bad except for the westside that place is a fucken warzone.
>>
>>28858838
9mm so long as it is 10 rounds or under, .22 ten rounds or under and without pistol grip. .22 doesn't require a bullet button because it is not centerfire.

You have to declare these weapons within 30 days of entering the state, you don't need a license to own a gun, just need a license to buy one.

Correct me if wrong.
>>
>>28868902
>license to buy
not really, just an 'I'm not a sperg' card from the dealer. you take a 30q yes/no exam about CA laws and gun handling and they hand you a signed card.
>>
>>28858838
You need to buy all the off roster handguns you can afford.

VP9s sell for $1200
G19 gen 4 are $900
et cetera

Make some cash and happy people in the process.
>>
CA /k/ fags should just start putting in orders now, give them a $200 markup you'd be set except for that new EO that says you'd be a dealer now because you sold more than one.
>>
>>28868868
I never lived in west Fresno but east fresno while not being as bad is still bad their ware two home invasion in my neck of the woods and one resulted in a local clerk being shot to death also armed robbery in broad daylight and the constant annoying gang member saying what's up dawg.maybe its becuase I look like a norteno even though I never where red they think I bang.its obnoxious go to Clovis if you wanna live here white pro gun and concervative.
>>
>>28869467
>41F
He would be transferring them at an FFL in CA senpai.
>>
>>28868902
If he is living here tell him to keep the 30 round mags because they don't give a shit.I own an ar with no bullet button and use almost exclusively 30 round mags inna range and the sheriff don't say shit unless your a sperg who rapid fire dumps all 30 rounds mags
>>
>>28865514
don't mind him or the other asshurt people who don't understand that the shit political climate is worth the actual climate.
>>
>>28858838
If you wanna live in central valley get some of the roster pistol to sell becuase you can't use them for ccw and then but your self a roster pistol like gen 3 glock to use for ccw Fresno county is pretty much shall issue and I have met many guy inna range or at work with ccw.but seriously stay away from west Fresno and Hispanic naighborhoods.I am Hispanic too and have been living in these types of naighborhoods for a long time they are full of nothing but gang member cowards who will jump you or pull gun on you for petty shit
>>
>>28865112
>moving up to humbolt
well let's see

Arcata is full of hippies and panhandlers and swindlers. And the most ultra liberal of the liberals.

Eureka is full of tweakers. There are only tweakers. And the homeless are legion, every now and then the cops go down behind bayshore mall and crack homeless skulls for shits and giggles.

Everybody smokes and grows weed. Everybody. All of them. Even my grade school principal had a small grow operation. It's awesome for about a month and then it's just obnoxious and annoying because everyone is trying to hustle and sell shit that everyone already has, which means the party scene is constantly pushing meth and heroin because it's the only way to make money selling drugs. Not enough of a club scene in Eureka to fuel the molly/MDMA/whatever party feelgood drugs, so it's all meth all the time.

Every job is a dead end job. There is no economic opportunity anywhere.
White trash everywhere. Fuckin everyone is white fucking garbage tweaker shits.

In short it's an economically destitute, low population rural area with massive amounts of state owned land that you should stay the fuck away from because mexican and east europe organized crime set up MASSIVE grow operations out there in the boonies on state land and if you come across that shit they'll never even know you're dead, you'll just be a missing person until they get bored enough to close the file.

If you somehow manage to make good money up there, it could be paradise if you're into forests and hiking and the 6-7 month drizzle rainy season. Make no mistake, humboldt is firmly pacific northwest in climate. There's some good local breweries kinda close-ish.

I mean it's better than anywhere in the valley, for sure, but don't kid yourself man meth and tweakers are infesting that county just like everywhere else rural in america.
>>
File: 7096096861_37dde52968_b.jpg (148 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
7096096861_37dde52968_b.jpg
148 KB, 1024x576
>>28869626
>my eyes reading that
>>
>>28858838
Stop being a bitch and tell your bitch you're not moving to commiefornia
>>
>>28869718
Your info is a little outdated. Since WA and CO legalized pot, the grow scene is dwindling to nothing. The cartels are getting into heroin. Exploding hash labs are becoming more prevalent, accompanied by hilarious witness commentary on the news. I guess that's the new thing- grow some shit weed, make hash, explode your apartment, get interviewed while your dreads are still smouldering.

HSU seems to be in crisis, they're not drawing as many trustifarians as they used to.

And, like always, everybody outside of Arcata has multiple guns. Except that idiot with the cave. HCSO raided him and cleaned him out. Shame about the MG34.
>>
>>28870324
>Your info is a little outdated
don't doubt it, haven't been back since around 2008

>The cartels are getting into heroin. Exploding hash labs are becoming more prevalent, accompanied by hilarious witness commentary on the news
ah, lulz. Although I was starting to see this around the time I left, hence my part about:
"the party scene is constantly pushing meth and heroin because it's the only way to make money selling drugs"

>HSU seems to be in crisis, they're not drawing as many trustifarians as they used to.
good, fuck 'em. Nothing but a magnet for transients anyway

>And, like always, everybody outside of Arcata has multiple guns.
truth, my family which is still there included. I'm actually from out Carlotta way, on the 36. Just had my dad ship me an old browning BPS with a 20" barrel since he has his FFL.
Currently waiting for michigan to not be a frozen wasteland so I can go shoot clays without freezing solid in the field.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.