[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's a good gun as long as i dont get it wet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: HK-VP9-stlll-life-2.jpg (54 KB, 640x369) Image search: [Google]
HK-VP9-stlll-life-2.jpg
54 KB, 640x369
>>
>>28726114

No I have one and can't even sell the thing because nobody wants it. It has a gritty trigger that drives me crazy. You're better off with a Glock.
>>
>>28726722
t. Glockfag
>>
>>28726722
I have one and can sell it in less than a day because I've put up ads on armslist and everyone bites. Trigger is nice and smooth too. I've never had any issues with mine OP, they are great range toys.
>>
File: original.gif (209 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
209 KB, 480x360
Okay so I generally ignore VP9 threads, but I always thought it was a nice gun. I liked the one I've shot.

What's the deal with this whole "can't get it wet" thing?
>>
>>28726114
or sandy, keep the dust out senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28726726

I don't even own a Glock, but I definitely regret buying this piece of garbage. Even with the constant cleaning and lubrication it has a trigger that feels like it's sliding through sandpaper and it often has to be pushed into battery for the first round. I'll stick to the hammer fired HKs from now on and as soon as someone local will give me $500 (including a nice kydex holster) for this I am getting rid of it.
>>
>>28726726
>Having a gun that requires oper8ing in a clean room
Yeah, I'll pick a glock any day, too. USP/P30/Mk23? Different story.
VP9 is a pussy gun that Hk shouldn't have released.
>>
File: I'm melting.jpg (29 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
I'm melting.jpg
29 KB, 560x330
>>28726769
it is more sensitive to water than a flintlock
>>
>>28726786
I don't like the VP9 either but JUST GET A GLOCK BRO is obnoxious
>>
>>28726769
It's a meme, I've shot mine out when the rain was pouring and the whole gun was totally soaked, and just about everyone propagating the meme has never held or shot a VP9.
>>28726780
Why didn't you dry fire it and feel the trigger before you bought it? MY VP9 has a really smooth trigger.
>>
>>28726803

It was my first gun and they had just come out so it was a mix of hyper and inexperience. I've sent it into HK and it came back with the trigger no better than when I sent it. I've dry fired them in stores to see if it's just mine and they just have a trigger that feels like it catches. It's just not a gun I'll ever like. Once I sell it I am getting me an m11a1 and never looking back.
>>
>>28726769

MAC did a torture test on it and it basically failed everything catastrophically. The water test should be easy to pass and it failed that right off the bat.
>>
>>28726874
>m11a1
that's a very nice choice Anon. have you fondled the Legion?
>>
>>28726874
Understandable, I've never handled one that didn't have a nice trigger, I've also never handled a SIG (newer, not older) that wasn't a piece of shit. When I went to buy my VP9 I was actually looking for a SIG. Then another time I went to look for a SIG 229 and got a USPc instead.
>>
>>28726722
if your mom was the gun she would be a good gun until she saw me :^)
>>
>>28726874
>m11a1
topkek enjoy your shitty ejection pattern
>>
>>28726890
I've seen a good number of torture tests done on the VP9 and it passed all of them. Not to mention that you're not going to be packing your gun full of mud or take it swimming with you, so any actual use is going to be far less than what these tests did anyways.

>>28726114
OP, I've shot mine in the rain with no issues. I wouldn't try to get it wet but I wouldn't be too worried about keeping it completely dry either; it's not made out of sodium.
>>
>>28726803
>meme
Even though there are videos of people dropping it in water and then it not firing
>>
>>28727093
>I've seen a good number of torture tests done on the VP9 and it passed all of them
do share

>Not to mention that you're not going to be packing your gun full of mud or take it swimming with you
dude, it failed immediately, after being placed in a puddle. it got gritty and failed when exposed to sand and when he field stripped it he could barely see the sand that was affecting it. that is an impressively lame torture fail.
>>
>>28727097
I've fired mine in the rain, and in between loading mags it was sitting on the ground getting rained on. Never had any issues with water.
>>
File: r3svwwz9agolpk42dot1.jpg (25 KB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
r3svwwz9agolpk42dot1.jpg
25 KB, 636x288
itt: VP9 guys all proud that their gun didn't fail in the rain.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79JHYiaQlE4
>>28727185
eat shit troll
>>
>>28726722
glocks are shit too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-n5_Xuy1HY
>>
>>28727228
I can't listen to the rest of Piggy's ashmar but how is that not a catastrophic fail at the 5:00 mark?

whatever senpai
>>
>>28727304
its covered and packed full of mud, glocks and just about any other striker fired gun will also fail that same test see>>28727302 , and there are many more videos of glocks failing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SMir0VKdo
>>
>>28727228
how does this video help your cause? it fails the clay/mud test hard.

I guess we can see it is unaffected by clean water, so you might be okay if you fall into a tub or pool. As MAC's video shows you better not fall into a dirty pond/puddle/river though.
>>
>>28727394
There are videos of Glocks failing mud tests too.
>>
>>28727404
but damn, your evidence that the VP9 passed a good number of torture tests shows the VP9 utterly failing a torture test.
>>
>>28727434
i never claimed it passed a good number of torture tests, there aren't even that many on the gun out there, and that was a different poster that claimed that, these tests are stupid as any striker fired gun will have issues if you understand the basic operation of the firearm, in that long video the guy also tests a usp9 and it passes with flying colors
>>
>>28727316
>its covered and packed full of mud
maybe you should actually watch the video, he dunks it in muddy water at the end and it completely fails the test.

it doesn't really matter to me though, enjoy your VP9 senpai
>>
>>28727502
i did watch the video and at the 5:00 he is caking it in mud, are you blind?
>>
>>28727502
glock fails similar test
>>28727302
>>
>>28727537
i think i'll stick with my hammer fired sig
>>
>>28726114
I've always liked HK for a couple of reasons.
>Best barrel and rifling
>good factory sights
>superior grip angle
>neat DA/SA trigger with decocker, specifically the newer iterations of the LEM.
I suppose the VP9 carries most of that over with it to the striker fired platform. I just can't get passed the ugly ass wings, the fact that I'm still almost as much as for a the better guns HK makes. For a striker fired gun, I'm with all the people saying to get a Glock.

HK pistols have never held up to dirt/water/grime as well as Glocks but they've also always felt nicer to shoot. I'm more accurate with an HK. It's just why get one if you're not really going to get one you know?

Frankly, them declaring bankruptcy paired with the MAC fail is enough to cause question about current build quality as they struggle financially.
>>
>>28727552
enjoy your rust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5iahKNVj44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBBuhxXE7tY
>>
>>28727562
there are tons of videos of glocks failing ITT with similar testing conditions
>>
>>28727228

>HUUU HEEE-HUUU, HEE-HUU, HEE-HUU
>>
>>28727570
hmm, i've had it for 23 years now and still no rust. i'm okay with my exception to the rule desu
>>
Wouldn't hammer fired pistols do worse in these mud, water, sand tests?
>>
>>28727635
no
>>
>>28727228
Holy crap is he out of breath from just standing?
>>
>>28727670
stick with it and behold the glorious fail that is a dirty VP9
>>
So basically the VP9 is not as reliable as a USP, rightfully so since its a lot cheaper. But its as reliable as a Glock but with better trigger and ergonomics. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>28727788
>But its as reliable as a Glock
no
>>
>>28727788
It's slightly less reliable, due to being overly complicated. I wouldn't listen to the retards that never owned them and watched one video from a known shill.
>>
>>28727228
This just proves how boss the USP is
>>
My trigger's smooth and perfectly fine, and I live in dusty-as-hell AZ. If anything, Glock feels like shit compared to mine. I don't get it.
>>
>>28726793
>I don't like the VP9 either
I wonder how many of "I don't like VP9" characters did actually own or at least shoot a VP9 for more than 50 rounds.
>>
>>28728794
It's because Glockfags need something to bash. Overall if the VP9 has been approved by all departments it means its been tested through normal operating conditions. I mean what fucking officer/soldier would be stupid enough to bury a gun in mud? What would that test prove?
>>
>>28728850
>Overall if the VP9 has been approved by all departments
what?
>>
>>28727228
Damn...I haven't messed with /k/ related stuff since 2012 when my friend who loved guns moved from here, but I have a hard time believing that HK could make something of such shitty quality. What happened?
>>
>>28728850
>Overall if the VP9 has been approved by all departments it means its been tested through normal operating conditions.

has any law enforcement department/agency or military branch/group gone with the VP9?
>>
>>28728972
>has any law enforcement department/agency or military branch/group gone with the VP9?
No, not a single one. Just as reliable as a Glock? Get fucked.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.