[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello guys, Nigeria guy here again. wanted to update you on what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16
hello guys, Nigeria guy here again. wanted to update you on what I have gotten for equipment based on your help.
Obviously nothing has came in yet since it has been only 2 days since my last post but a general list of what I have gotten so far.

A black urban plate carrier, two level IV plates, 4 israeli bandages and a tourniquet and a CPR mask (thank you to whoever linked me), and I have received a knife from the major. otherwise i did not get anything else as i am very unsure of other things to order. None of my friends went to buy anything yet and seem hesitant. I would link to old thread but I was told i compromised shit so I am not sure if it's okay. Sorry for being a dumbass.
>>
>>28721139
>Nigeria guy
Who? Obviously I missed something.
>>
>>28721139
What are you on about?
>>
>>28721176
I serious hope someone from last thread will help me out. I have been making some threads across different boards for awhile to help me out but you know since I got something coming up I needed /k/ of course. I am afraid to link old thread because of compromised information but if someone can assure me it's okay i might aswell do it to inform anyone who forgot.
>>
>>28721200
Okay...so I assume you're heading to Nigeria for some reason.
This reason is obviously dangerous enough to make you need a gun while there.
What's the reason?
How dangerous is it gonna be?
Handgun, rifle, etc?
How much Dakka do you think you'll need, and what'll you be up against.
>>
Here's a tip.

What you need, in the immortal words of Wu Tang Clan, is enough niggas, enough guns.

The almighty dollar is even mightier in third world countries.

If you're serious about your safety, nothing is going to protect you more than trusted local muscle.
>>
>>28721232
I'm actually not heading to Nigeria. I am in Nigeria. I was born in it. I am a Nigerian. Private First Class in the Army. Last thread I had asked people what to get for something coming up because my gear isn't too good and neither are my friends and since anything we need to live is at base (such as my NCO's computer) we decided to spent the few thousand dollars we have on gear for what is coming up. I don't know if this sounds scary but a guerilla unit was sent to investigate but was caught in a firefight for almost 2 days and they ended up dying. and a very small amount of soldiers were in the guerilla squad so after being told I knew a full on attack was going to be big so i asked for help.
>>
File: Untitled.png (298 KB, 1883x685) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
298 KB, 1883x685
here is what i posted I covered up whatever I compromised like the dumbass i was.
>>
File: 1423201888118.gif (71 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1423201888118.gif
71 KB, 500x380
Good luck and God bless man.
>>
>>28721298
Oh, you're that guy.

Other than a plate carrier, and maybe a decent helmet, I'd just hope I know how to maintain my weapon, and that I can trust the person next to me.
>>
>>28721346
Okay then.
And I assume you're asking what gear you could purchase to fix up your position?
Dude, spend it on extra magazines, ammo, and sandbags to fortify where you are.

Also, food.
>>
>>28721139

Kill those Boko Haram fuckers. Godspeed anon.
>>
>>28721378
>>28721423
Thank you. I have been praying to god and really hope he'll forgive me for the sins I've made.
>>
File: 1416638665486.jpg (94 KB, 838x1116) Image search: [Google]
1416638665486.jpg
94 KB, 838x1116
>>28721462

God forgives everyone!
>>
File: Kriller.png (226 KB, 396x448) Image search: [Google]
Kriller.png
226 KB, 396x448
>>28721139
>this nigger
I'm amazed you haven't been beheaded since last thread lmao. You probably are going to end up dead with your shitskin corpse being burnt by mudslimes. Why should we help you more?
>>
>>28721139
Buy some cellox if you can get it, night vision also if at all possible.

Otherwise buy a bunch of grenades and figure out who can use them safely.
>>
>>28721761
This, NVGs or therms if you got the dosh
>>
a camelbak or hydration carrier.

eye protection.

a sidearm

caffeine pills
>>
>>28721692
I felt like saying something but you are not serious obviously. Have fun sitting on your ass you fool.
>>28721761
Thank you for reminding me about night vision. Someone talked about it last thread. I might end up buying some goggles aswell.
Do you think it would be a good idea if I split up grenades between my friends? Or should i myself hold onto multiple? Trust me I can get one of our Staff Sergeants (who has agreed to be an NCO lead in our group) to pile up some grenades for us.
>>
>>28721139
Get some good pouches for your plate carrier so you can get your mags quickly but they remain secure. Buy more mags. You should have 10 loaded on you. Carry tape on you. medical/duct tape and a clear plastic piece for sucking chest wounds. Training is the best protection so buy lots of ammo and train lots.
>>
>>28721855
>>28721855
Get a monocular rather than both eyes nvgs. Allows you some depth perception.
>>
OP this sounds terrible and I know it might fuck you up but buying something like cocaine to keep you awake isn't actually a terrible idea. I saw your last thread btw
>>
>>28721915
I will get in trouble for that. We can get past things here that in the Western military it would get you kicked out but my Major does not like any use of drugs, even having a cigarette. He's Christian not muslim but he does not want us to be distracted.
>>
>>28721983
huh. odd. anyway, what about energy drinks? when drank with enough water, they could keep you going for a while when you're not even sure if you will get a couple hours of sleep
>>
>>28721915
OP, I know it sounds bad, but this guy is in the ballpark. I remember last thread there was a suggestion of candy and something else to keep on you and your buddies to stay awake.
They used to give out amphetamines to WW2 pilots called go pills. I'm sure it was used before then and is still used in some form today.
While cocaine is probably illlegal in your country, and might have harsh penalties, or may get you kicked out of the army, try betel nuts, I'm sure you can get some in a months time. They're popular In Asia I think or the Philippines for truckers. Probably a good alternative to cocaine.

Also, as far as other things go, a good helmet is a must, as well as 6-10 mags per person, maybe more in somebody's pack. Sounds like you've got an IFAK started, build it up and finish it. Cheap Wilkie talkies wouldn't be a bad idea either. Good luck and Godspeed, go kill some extremist scum.
>>
>>28721855
Distribute grenades among your squad. You don't want the one guy (you) going down and taking all the grenades with him. Ideally 3 or 4 per man.

As for what >>28721892 said about spare magazines, remember that that much ammunition will get heavy. Be sure to distribute it around your body, but still in easily reachable places.

This is the first thread of yours I've seen OP, but God protect you. My experience in Africa was all on the eastern side so I'm afraid I can only throw out advice on gear.
>>
>>28722062
sure. We have plenty of energy drinks here. We and my friends all have these big plans since a lot of guys slack off so we are totally going to stay up in hopes of guarding.

>>28722075
Betel nuts sounds like a good idea. Thank you.

>>28722086
I'm sure that much ammunition will get heavy. Thank you.

if you guys know any tactics between a team I would gladly like to know. We were taught tactics in large groups but since the size is just two NCO's (Lead), me (Organizing. I don't know if the NCO's will care if I do all the work), and four other friends I don't know if we should trade weapons. We all have AKs but since the Staff Sergeant can choose his own gear I might ask him.
Everyone in our unit is Christian so we don't worry about anything related to Islam aswell.
>>
If you can get grenades, don't be afraid to research doctrine about their use. Depending upon how many you get, use one or more per person in your squad to practice with them to see their power and damage radius. I don't have any grenade experience, I don't know if you do either, but knowing if you should toss a grenade into the next room or not might save your life.
>>
>>28722200
Do you even have muslims fighting Boko Haram? Or are they all either "on the fence" or with the fuckers?
>>
>>28722200
Roger that. Whats your AK chambered in? 7.62 or 5.45? It may be useful to have interchangeability between riflemen in your squad. Ideally you may want 1 man with a squad support weapon. An RPK or something like that for suppressing fire. If you have a belt fed machinegun make sure to have each man carry one extra belt for the machinegunner. If any of you is a good marksman you may want to have a guy with a dmr. It really depends on what sort of gear you can load up with. Standby for tactics
>>
>>28722252
Yes we totally have muslims fighting boko harram. Not in our unit though. It would not work out as eveyone here is very Christian, and our Major has made a cross for every new person who joins. I was lucky enough to get an actual jewel one before others just got the homemade ones.
>>
>>28722232
I have some grenade experience told to me from friends and family members. Do not throw the thing as hard as you can, or you will throw out your shoulder. Toss it lightly, the weight of it allows it to fly far or roll. Grenades are easily lethal to roughly 50 feet, if I believe. So roughly 17 meters?
>>
I came across this guide to room clearing. It was created with video games in mind though so don't take it as gospel. Can more enlightened anons look it over and see if it can help OP?

http://pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk
>>
>>28722200
For the basics when it comes to small unit tactics the best thing you would want to do is split up into pairs and leapfrog when assaulting. Keeping suppressing fire on the enemy and letting your partner approach then switching off as you advance. Unfortunately that will burn through ammunition depending on how long it takes to assault an enemy position. When moving stuck to your basics. Lead man on point, rear security running behind. Keep your spacing. What kind of terrain are you expecting to operate in?
>>
>>28722364
the first chapter I agree wholeheartedly with
>>
I want to help but I missed that thread. are you lacking basic combat gear or do you want better than issued ? do you get body armor and helmets and smallarms?

what do you feel you need in specific?
>>
>>28722310
How did you find 4chan and when did you first start browsing?
>>
>>28722499
What I remember is he is a Nigerian grunt who says his army is incompetent and content, has to attack a extremist mudslime held village in a month, has around 4K saved up for gear and equipment, and wants advice on what To get/do in That time. Also his squad members have ~2k each to spend, but are reluctant.
>>
>>28722309
Chambered in 7.62. I don't know what we have for LMGs but I know we do have plenty, many don't use it because whoever is stuck with them is told what to do rather than choosing their own tactics. Of course me and anyone else in my group with use an LMG. As for marksmen I do not think anyone is capable of being skillful atleast in our group. The best we could do is put a scope on a FAL and try to get some clean shots.
If anyone has a suggestion for a good combat helmet I would like to know. As much protection as possible. I hear stories on US soldiers peaking their head and their helmet stopping a sniper so I will not be such a pussy to peak my head out if I have a helmet on.

>>28722336
Thank you for the information.

>>28722414
Thanks for the quick basics of small unit tactics. Again, we operate usually in a large group so we never focus on small grouped tactics until now. Our terrain is urban. I won't say which city but it's basically rows and rows of houses. Made of steel and concrete, but still provide happiest of homes.

>>28722557
I started browsing in mid 2014. I actually asked a question on /k/ a year ago. I doubt anyone remembers though and nobody took me seriously. I found 4chan just by learning about image boards and forums, and since I kept hearing about 4chan memes I came here to join in but then just got interested in the hobbies of people rather than memes lol. I know ridiculous.

>>28722499
See >>28721346
>>
File: 20160125_183508.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160125_183508.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>28721139
God bless man. Would love to punch one of those boko faggot in the face with these
>>
OP can you show us some of your pics or gear? I've been trying to help, knowing that it's worth my time if there's a slight chance of this helping you succeed in doing gods work.
>>
>>28722650
>camera
>Nigeria
Pack one
All jokes aside he said major is letting him use his computer I seriously doubt he would let him use his camera too
>>
>>28722609
you need a vest and some plates and a true faith in god, you are truly in the shit my brother. make a pact with your squad and work together. scam as much ammo and gear as you can and fight for your unit to be as well equipped as possible but your main concern should be getting everyone a vest, plate and enough ammo to fight. hoard that shit if you hae to, anyone's that been in the military knows that gear and goods must be taken not asked for
>>
"O Holy Master, Almighty Father and Pre-Eternal God, Who alone made and directs all things; Who rise up quickly against the evil of the impious ones; Who, by Providence, teach Thy people preservation of Justice and the obliteration of the sword on earth; Who condescend to raise up military columns to help the people: O God, Who commanded the Forerunner John to say to the soldiers coming to him in the desert, 'Do not intimidate anyone... and be content with your wages':

We entreat Thee with compunction, that Thou gavest Thy child David the power to defeat Goliath, and as Thou didst condescend, through Judas Maccabeus, to seize victory from the arrogant pagans who would not call on Thy Name; so too, grant protection in righteousness and truth to these Thy servants against the enemies rising against them, and by Thy heavenly loving-kindness, strength and might for the preservation of faith and truth.

Condescend, out of Thy mercy, O Master, to grant them the fear of Thee, together with humility, obedience and good endurance; that they kill no one unrighteously, but rather preserve all righteousness and truth; that they may fear Thee and honor Justice; that they run in friendship to those who are scattered, extending thy love to those near them, serving the elderly with justice; and that their ranks fulfill all things righteously;

For thou art our God, and to Thee do we ascribe glory; to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen."

Got you in my prayers, nigeriabro!
>>
>>28722718
This. Also make sure you know your hand signals. Never know who's around the corner ready to put his knife in your neck
>>
Fuck ITAR dammit.
I'd send you a case of x39 and mags if I could.
>>
>>28721139
Hello, OP. I posted this in the last thread, but I think it was deleted a little while after.

I recommend a pair of compact binoculars. They don't have to be amazing, just rugged enough to hold together.

There will be civilians around, right? If so, then being able to see just a little farther and a little bit clearer may help in identifying who is and isn't BH. Well, you definitely won't know until they start shooting at you, but if it will help just the little bit then it will be worth it.

If you can get your hands on a pair of NV binoculars that aren't total junk, then it will be even better.
>>
>>28722718
Getting everyone armour? totally.

>>28722751
Yes, bless up. I hope God will support my warrior spirit!

>>28722837
No need, I will use what I have. Thank you though.

>>28722888
Yes, I remember seeing that. Thank you for the suggestion.
>>
>>28722990
Be sure to check back with us when everything is over.

Good luck friend.
>>
>>28722990

be good, bro. your best is good enough.
>>
>>28722990
Odin watches over you, brother of war.
>>
>>28721139
Get a small LED flashlight. One that uses batteries that you can easily find in Nigeria. Ideally, it will have both red and white light modes.

Get something to purify water. A lifestraw if you can't get anything else, although something like a Sawyer filter is better. If you can't get anything else, get plain bleach. Put it in 3 ounce (90 ml) bottles, everybody in your squad gets one. Add 2 drops to 1 liter of water, let stand for 30 minutes before drinking. If the water is cloudy, add 4 drops. Filter water through fabric before purifying. Bad water kills more people than bullets do.
>>
>>28721855
Give grenades only to men you trust to use them well.

But don't concentrate all of them with one guy.

Make sure if you get night vision to bring enough batteries, and learn light discipline. This means giving up cigarettes for smokeless tobacco if any of you use.
>>
Hey OP, if you want training literature maybe try and get some U.S. field manuals off Amazon; there's also a book called Combat Leader's Field Guide that might be useful.
>>
File: IMG_20160111_171659.jpg (3 MB, 2744x4102) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160111_171659.jpg
3 MB, 2744x4102
I was there last time OP
I would of bought more tqs, they really are critical.

On top of your current shit, (weapon, sidearm, load bearing, some water if i recall) you still need more ammo for your primary and more water.

Other than that, you kinda hit all the things I could recommend given your short time frame till the engagement.

Good luck to you
>>
>>28723402
>>28723687
>>28723703
>>28723769
These are all great things. Thank you so much. You are warriors.
If i'm able too I'll try to find a way to update weekly. I don't know if you care but I want to make sure you know what you had suggested helped.
>>
As previously stated, ammo is important. Be sure to bring enough magazines, but don't get weighed down. God bless you.
>>
>>28723813
the /k/ube provides
May you strike true and often
>>
>>28721692
Rude.
>>28721139
Great to hear from you again! Get those Boko Haram fuckers. My recommendation is a pair of binoculars for some general recon.
>>
Quick question: does anyone in your team have a grenade launcher or explosives? Might come in handy if you want to blow through concrete walls and go through holes.
>>
Best hydration system you can find, camelbak if possible. And as many mags as you can carry. And tourniquets for every limb.
Good luck.
>>
>>28721139
Remember Nigerian Bro, we are pulling for you. Good luck, godspeed, kick some ass for us.

Some basic advice, mind your silhouette, train as much as you can, while you can (especially with your team mates) before going into battle, and have somebody paying attention to each sector around you.

I don't know how well equipped your unit is, so if you don't have the ammo to train AND properly, at least do some teamwork drills with your buddies. Might just save your life.
>>
Water
Food
Medical supplies
Batteries (you never know)
Duct tape (see above)

Good luck man, God be with ya.
>>
>>28721139
Train hard, fight easy.
I recommend a bandanna or other dust mask for your mouth. Maybe knee pads. Grab cover wherever you can get it.
>>
>>28721462
Praying for forgiveness is good, but know that the Lord will have your back. Death puts you in no more spiritual danger than living, but you continue to love for the ones you love, and you love everyone. You fight not for hatred, but for peace and to stop the advance of evil.
Personally, I pray for the intercession (to pray for us) of Mary, Saint Michael the Arch angel for protection in our everyday battle, Saint George for courage, and Saint Francis that we may bring peace.
This is /k/ related. This is spiritual warfare.
>>
>>28721139
One thing I don't see anyone really saying is, if you can, try to make your ammunition is universal. (Ie. Unit all has 7.62x__ in 30rd mags for Ak variants and 9x__ in 15rd glock mags for glock variants)

It may be a pain in the ass to change stuff up to get it this way but it will help a lot in a tight situation where you run out and need to bum ammo off the guy to your right or if someone was to die, which I hope does not happen to you Heroes.

Just a suggestion though.
>>
>>28722200
2-3 man fire teams
Two teams assaulting from different angles on a target if possible. Make sure not to step in front of friendly line of fire (especially in front of a separate teams fire). Identify targets quickly before shooting so that you don't fore on your own men. Have a team separate from those assaulting provide over watch (keeping eyes on the surrounding area for external attacks)
>>
>>28725228
If your god does does not understand why you are fighting, he is no god at all. Remember that he is a just and forgiving person and can see what is right from wrong OP. He will protect and watch over those who wish nothing more than to help defend against evils such as those Boko Haram fuckers.
>>
>>28722609
Remember that helmets only cover the top of your head, not your face, and are only built to stop small pistol rounds and shrapnel, not rifle shots. Rifle shots are typically stopped if they hit the helmet at a perfect angle.
>>
File: l.jpg (13 KB, 230x333) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
13 KB, 230x333
>>28725379
I thought it was the opposite, and helmets can only deflect rifle rounds if they don't hit straight on. Cause that shit is penetrating your brain if it hits straight.
>>
>>28725427
that's what i thought I said
>>
>>28725427
That's what he meant by perfect angle. Perfect angle for not blowing your skull open.

Still, its happened alot
>>
File: 1443836116018.jpg (395 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1443836116018.jpg
395 KB, 1680x1050
Know the difference between cover and concealment. One will keep you hidden and safe from incoming fire, the other will only keep you hidden. I really hope we are giving you good advice. When the time comes it will work out. I want to say don't think too much, but I've never been in combat.

Good luck, bro. And don't forget to take a camera if you can. If you live in sure we'd all like to see some footage. Of course that is not a priority. Stay safe, man; and take care of your guys.
>>
File: 1364833671162.jpg (113 KB, 600x666) Image search: [Google]
1364833671162.jpg
113 KB, 600x666
God be with you, NigeriAnon. Hope you make it out okay.
>>
>>28721139

Good luck Anon; we're cheering for you! I wish I could give you some tips, but my Africa knowledge is lacking.
>>
Good luck OP, and God be with you and your friends. Keep us updated as much as you can in the coming weeks.
>>
>>28721139
I'm not sure what the make is of your AKM, but if you can find such things a better sight and trigger might help. Good sights or a decent optic can be a real improvement.
>>
Nigerianon,

I'm a bored American who has nothing to do until I start school in September. Are there any civilian militias fighting against Boko Haram that accept western volunteers?

I have no military training, but am very physically fit, have bushcraft experience and NRA pistol and rifle instructor certifications. I studied in Ghana during my undergraduate education, if that helps.
>>
File: _20160129_103859.jpg (1 MB, 5067x665) Image search: [Google]
_20160129_103859.jpg
1 MB, 5067x665
>>28721346
What's that desu baka senpai
>>
>>28727092
Don't be a douche.
>>
>>28727092
Dude, come on. Don't act like that.
>>
>>28721139

I don't have anything else to add that someone here has already suggested. I just want to wish you luck, Nigeria guy. Fight hard, and come back alive. We're all rooting for you.
>>
>>28727129
>>28727162
Hello newfags, ever heard of an archive?
>>
preworkout, get the good stuff and its like cocain
http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Piana-Nutrition-Fruit-Punch/dp/B00L5K87A4
>>
>>28727171
Nigga where the fuck else would you have gotten it from? That doesn't mean you're not being an asshole.
>>
>>28727191
:^)
>>
Hey Op, if you have some downtime and are bored reading through good old US Military field manuals may be a good idea. Try:
>http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/

Small unit tactics and such, maybe you learn something new or it'll help you perfect/hone your skills.

Practice, stay safe and kick some ass!
>>
File: GL4LQh9.jpg (215 KB, 1194x1001) Image search: [Google]
GL4LQh9.jpg
215 KB, 1194x1001
>>28721139
I dont have much to contribute to the thread, but I'll see what I can find that seems relevant enough, I'll try to find anything medical related first.
>>
Hey OP,

I think you're covered with Gear, but the most important thing is to be practicing your battle drills/warrior tasks. I would begin now practicing and rehersing with your team everything you might expect to do: react to contact drills, break contact drills, deliberate and hasty attack drills, first-aid and medical procedures, room clearing, individual movement techniques, etc. All of the really basic stuff, that's what you really want to go over and over and over until you can do them in your sleep
>>
File: 7CgTKZd.jpg (51 KB, 492x475) Image search: [Google]
7CgTKZd.jpg
51 KB, 492x475
>>28727510
If anything I post is incorrect or flawed just tell me and I'll delete the post, and I found most of these on /out/ so a few of them might be incorrect cause the internet is full of Bullshitters
>>
File: EN3CO7C.jpg (438 KB, 1000x1879) Image search: [Google]
EN3CO7C.jpg
438 KB, 1000x1879
>>28727529
I have alot less than I thought but I'll keep posting things I think are relevant to Nigerianons situation
>>
File: pieanimation.gif (48 KB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
pieanimation.gif
48 KB, 300x249
>>28727556
I think this is all I have that's relevant/useful to OP, if I find anymore ill post it. Good luck and may God be by your side OP!
>>
>>28727529
Don't remove the bullet and don't attempt to debride or suture unless you're a very experienced, properly trained medic.

You should only try to stop the bleeding and apply a field dressing.
>>
>>28721139
Good luck Nigeria bro. Let us know what happens.
>>
>>28721139
Give 'em hell /k/ommando, when its all said and done don't forget to come back and give us the good news. Godspeed and God bless.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.