[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NYC laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 1334x750
Hey, I'm female, from the UK and I'll be moving to NYC next month. What does the law say there? What can I carry? Any suggestion what kind of firearm would be best for self defence purposes in a city like NYC?
>>
>>28701082
I would say prepare to get culturally enriched by a brown-skin, but seeing as you are from the UK it probably won't be a new experience. It's new york, its not America so good luck carrying anything.
>>
>>28701082
Guns are hard to get in NYC. If you already have one, import laws are a pain. It'll take a little while for your gun to arrive.

My sister carries a small pepper spray thing on her keys and in her purse, and she lives in a fairly bad neighborhood (bed sty) and she's been fine. Though, I don't think anyone has attacked her.

Also, when you see a sign saying watch for pickpockets, do NOT pay or check the pocket with your wallet.
>>
>self defense
>in NYC
It won't be much different from living in Bongistan as far as gun ownership goes
>>
>>28701082
tits or gtfo, your gender has no bearing on this question. Pandering as a female gets you nothing here.
>>
get an automag/wildey
reenact death wish
>>
>>28701129
> do not pay
I meant do not pat. They watch for easy marks that way.

There's also mace
Or for shits and giggles, I believe unrifled cannons from the 18th century are legal. Carry one around
>>
>>28701082
got similar question about DC

Canuck looking at possible internship in DC for September. Anything I can carry that won't get me in trouble while still giving me some chance to defend myself?

Never had a problem while visiting, but considering I want to live there for a few months while interning I don't want to take any chances should there be any problems.
>>
>>28701153
Get your ass back to /b/ you fag
>>
File: fuckoffcunt.jpg (19 KB, 362x391) Image search: [Google]
fuckoffcunt.jpg
19 KB, 362x391
>>28701171
>>
>>28701160
So in other words, it's pretty much impossible to get one? What would it take me to get a permit though? Just not happening?
>>
Why don't you guys just google "[city] gun laws" and find out for your fucking selves
>>
>>28701082
Rape whistle. That is the best you get lol.
>>
>>28701192
Because I like directly communicating with human beings.
>>
there are actually lawyers in NYC that can help you to get your concealed carry permit.

get one, it's impossible without.
>>
>>28701215
Well thanks, I'll look into that
>>
>>28701179
charming.
>>
>>28701082
>I'm female
I'M A GIRL I'M A GIRL PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
>>
I live in NYC. Death Wish was not a documentary. If you're delusional enough to think a gun is a reasonable solution to avoid date rape, I recommend female genital mutilation.
>>
>>28701166
No, DC is almost as bad as NYC, but their police force is more diverse aka incompetent. Prepare to be culturally enriched.
>>
>>28701082
I have good news and bad news for you. Murders are down in NYC and it's a safe city! Rapes are also up and increasing! (seriously, black or brown people will probably try to rape you or sexually assault you).
>>
>>28701190
I tried to get a pistol permit in a county adjacent to NYC, and its not doable. You would need notarized letters from everyone you live with saying they agree with your ownership of guns, a check for 120$, forms in triplicate, and shooting instruction given by the county sheriff which is never scheduled.

Its not something you can do unless you have money, or are well connected.
>>
>>28706104
This. DC might be worse. Applying to DC Metro and it's crazy how oddly diverse it is. And this is coming from a minority. Asian Unit, Gay/Lesiban/Transgender Unit; fucking crazy shit. The Chief ditched the narcotics units because it would indicate DC has a drug problem.
>>
>>28701166
DC is even worse than new york, and seeing as you wont be a resident, there's close to 0% chance you'll be able to buy anything.
>>
>>28701082
Show us your tits, whore
>>
I live in NYC, and there is literally no chance you will get a CC permit. There are only a few thousand issued in the entire city. Honestly, I have never had any issues at all, but I live in a generally good neighborhood.

You can get a long gun permit relatively easily. I have a few long guns for hunting and target practice. Specifically a Ruger Gunsite Scout and a Model 700. I would never use them for self defense at home unless I was truly desperate. Even frangible ammo would go through multiple walls and potentially kill individuals in adjacent homes.

In short, firearms are generally out of the question in NYC. Try alternatives such as pepper spray, or a taser. Also, the city is not nearly as bad as people make it seem. I feel like there is a misconception that it is dangerous. I have not dialed 911 in my 25 years of life for anything other than a medical emergency and I have never been a victim of a crime.
>>
>>28701171
Pussy ass nigga.
>>
>>28701082
>from the UK and I'll be moving to NYC
why bother? pretty much the same thing when it comes to defending yourself but instead of sandniggers everywhere you will see niggerniggers everywhere.
>>
>>28701082
>What can I carry?
Nothing
>Any suggestion what kind of firearm would be best for self defence purposes in a city like NYC?
A really convincing squirt gun
>>
>>28701082
Wait, thats a picture of a building, not your boobs
>>
>>28701082
Don't bring any knives unless you want to get assraped.

Knife laws are, somehow, worse in NYC than in the UK.
>>
>>28701252
NYC Carry Permits are usually reserved for Military working within the City, armed Security, and honestly aside from rare situations thats it.
The application alone is about 350$ and it can and most likely will be denied.
>>
>>28709758
No. They're not. Now defending NY, just saying that you don't have to be 18 to buy plastic knives there.
>>
>NYC
>what can I carry

Your limp dick.

>I'm female

Whoops, correction in order:Your' rapist's erect dick.
>>
>>28701171

But he's right. "Tits or GTFO" has been the gold standard for anyone claiming to be a female...doubly important if it comes unsolicited or irrelevant to the topic.
>>
>>28710603
this is /k/ not /b/
blue board remember? also it could be argued that being female is slightly relevant in this case, id recommend carrying a roll of quarters to a physically fit male but id probably recommend whatever pepper spray and rape whistle is legal in nyc to a female

but mostly id recommend situational awareness for everyone everywhere
>>
>>28710800
>I'd recommend carrying a roll of quarters to a physically fit male

Are you retarded?

Being female isn't relevant and it doesn't matter if this is a blue board, if you are a woman post tits or gtfo
>>
>>28701082
is pretty much the same as bongistan
>gun permits are hard as fuck to obtain
>expensive, takes months, can be refused for no other reason then "we don't want to give it to" even if youre legally capabile
>cant get any refunds for all the work you put into it
>CCW's are practically unheard of unless youre former LEO, or have good connections
>no shooting ranges anywhere in the city
>city likes to think it owns all of NY and speak for us when literally everyone in the country hates them

shame to because the rest of NY is beautiful, id try commuting if you can
>>
>>28701171

Fuck off cuck. He ain't wrong.
>>
>>28701215
any more info on them?
>>
>>28710876
When it comes to what kind of weapon to carry for self defense, being a woman is most certainly relevant. Any time physique needs to be accounted for, whether or not someone is a woman is relevant information.
>>
>>28710978
Californian here, I too, know this pain. Ain't tyranny of the majority a bitch?
>>
>>28711011
>thinking women are weaker and need different weapons than men because "muh inferior physique"
Fucking misogynist. The cunt should get a nice small gun. Not because she is a she but because anything bigger will become a chore to carry after a while.

[spoiler]Either that or, one of these >>28703840 :))[/spoiler]
>>
>>28711011
Wrong again bro, the things that work for a man work for a woman, this isn't the middle ages where you need to be strong to use a weapon against someone and there is no reason for and attention whore not to show her boobs
>>
>>28701082
born, lived in NYC majority of my life, including a summer being a bike messenger.

padlock in a tube sock. plausible deniability, plus the the genetic recognition that you're willing to go old school, and the only thing more old school than a padlock in a sock is grabbing a car radio antenna and a lid from a metal trash can - Excalibur style.

other modes I've used:
hockey stick (played street hockey)
softball bat (company team)
cue stick (league) use as pokey stick, not light saber style
skateboard (cqb)
or go for Irish peaky blinder style
cup of coffee from bodega
roll of pennies in a sock/bra/pantyhose

but since NYC, nogunz for u
>>
>>28701252
Do wads of $100 bills fall out of your vagina during sex, I mean sweatyshoutyinnyouty? If not, dispense with the idea of gun ownership in NYC.
>>
>>28711081
>>28711134
>lulz, what's sexual dimorphism

Woman are generally more recoil sensitive, idiot(s).
>>
>>28711310
Thats only because women generally suck at everything, but that doesn't make the advice they should receive any different
>>
>>28711330

>they have different skills and abilities but should be given the same guns and training

OK pal.
>>
File: 1423258377120.jpg (292 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1423258377120.jpg
292 KB, 1600x1200
>>28701082
>tfw I managed to get a ccw permit
suck my dick bloomberg
>>
>>28711576
how much did the attorney cost?
>>
>>28701082
>jew york
>gun rights

Prepare to be culturally enriched, especially if you're white as snow
>>
>>28711625
didn't need one actually. My uncle was a corrections officer in upstate NY for 25 years and put in a good word for me. Still took 7 and a half months, cost me hundreds of dollars, and I had to meet with some police captain 3 times and explain in every way possible that im not crazy I just like to target shoot and want to protect myself. I had been mugged twice in the last town I had lived before this, both of which put me in a hospital so I just milked that.
It was such a pain in the ass I really just finished it out of spite
>>
Does the United States allow non-citizen to have funs? If so, there must be tons of ISIS sleeper agents in the US ready to do another San Berdoo.
>>
>>28711675
You need a green card or a hunting license.
>>
>>28711081
>>28711134
> What's good for a man is good for a woman
>NYC
Samuel Colt made us equal, but cartridge handguns aren't an option in New Cuckistan.

Sex is relevant info here, memelords.
>>28701082
>>28701166
Good pepper spray from a brand that also sells training simulators, so you know how to minimize getting it in your own face. Buy two cans of the real and test one after you're confident with the simulated.

That and a bike U lock in your purse.

Cap and ball revolvers are theoretically legal but will get you harassed by the cops.

New York is way safer than DC because New York has a super fascist police department that is large enough to be almost ubiquitous.
>>28711675
Non-citizen Ayy Lmaos can indeed legally own firearms in the US. But somehow it was Paris that ended up getting to taste military hardware, not us.

It's almost like criminals don't care about the law?
>>
>>28701082
You are almost more fucked than England.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.