[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some urgent help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 24
Okay, /k/, some of you might recognize me but most won't. I am a Private First Class in the Nigerian Military and I have recently heard that my unit will be going on an offensive and claiming not a village, but for the first time an actual urban town. No, I am not joking and there is no meme involved, I am seriously a Nigerian Soldier. Call me a nigger but I have about $4,700 USD saved up and I want to spend it all on for what's coming up next month. This computer is my NCO's, so I don't need to worry about that. Food is given here. Shelter. Entertainment. I don't anywhere else to go so my money is not planned on going anywhere else.
There city we are targeting is Bauchi. A very wonderful place where it is populated and, in collaboration with some militias, we plan to take back. Boko Haram had stayed active but according to my Major all police are killed or have fled. idk much else.
Anyways, what I am seeing is that I will not get far without help. Me, my best friend, and three other enlisted guys like me were going to stick together and we each have a few thousand on us (Me having the most. They each have $2,000 USD on average). So if we need to we'll put our money together. I think we have two or maybe three (I forgot what he said lol) NCO's accompanying us who are well geared so we aren't worried at all about them.
My current gear includes an AKM (Four magazines, one in the AK), a Walther p5 with only two mags with one in the gun, a steel pot helmet (I don't know if this matters but there is a small piece of the back chipped), boots, british desert 2-color dpm for my uniform, some woodland bearing vest, sunglasses and a flathead-screwdriver.
In my pack I got a three plastic bottles of water, american baseball hat, two MRE's, small trail mix bag (Couldn't find anything else), one roll of bandages, empty Ak-74 magazine, scissors, and a fresh copy of the Qu'ran.
>>
I am not islamic I am christian but the Qu'ran is incase I need it for when being encountered or...idk just something I think it might help I am not sure. My friends are carrying similar gear and all are Christian so I do not care what you say about muslims in this thread. Any additional information about what my NCO's carry, what the area is like, my current situation, and what my friends are like I will gladly tell but I am very worried. Maybe I am making too big of a deal but the moment I was told that some other guerrilla unit was killed after a day and a half long shootout I was sure that what we are doing will last longer.
>>
File: image.jpg (274 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
274 KB, 800x598
What's going on here
>>
>>28698041
lol I knew someone would not understand. I really hope someone gives me help.
>>
How good is your medical support / resupply support?
>>
Have you ever killed someone OP?
>>
>>28697898
I remember you from that thread, buddy. Glad to see you're still alright.

Just a word of concern for your safety... You compromised the living fuck out of your mission's security. Like, holy shit. In the US military half of what you have said would be censored from a letter. NEVER go around telling where you're attacking, when, and ANY other information relevant to your mission.

Anyway, what exactly are you wanting to know? What to spend your money on? If that is what you are asking, then what resources do you have to purchase from? Can online retailers send products to you? (Is there a standardized mail service where you are located? One that could relay packages to you from overseas, or something of that nature?)
>>
>>28698041
OP is Nigerian soldier about to take part in anti-Boko-Haram, urban operation.
OP wants to live.
OP is asking /k/ what things he can buy for himself and his comrades so maybe they have a better chance.

In the name of the /K/ube, let us assist.
>>
>>28698236
Our medical support is not weak but all supplies for resupply and such will be held back until we get a building that isn't targeted where we can hold everything there. I am very certain one of the NCO's tagging along with us will carry a basic kit with bandages, syringes, emergency stitching, creams, painkillers, and some cloth. My friend has a bottle of mouthwash and a box of matches for cauterizing. Mouthwash for...killing bacteria I think idk. That is all honestly and we will most likely be going back and forth to grab onto some gear.
As for resupply it's the same thing. Ammunition and other simple things will be kept in a truck at the border of the city until a building is claimed to place out equipment in. You are basically stuck with nothing if you run out of ammo and depend on the others to get something done. I pray that I will not lose my ammo and will sprint to the truck in time lol.

>>28698325
Wow I did not know. I am very sorry. With our unit being so uh...out of order and goofing around I never thought much of us. It actually hurts me thinking about this that I am looking at all this and not worrying that I just gave out some shit. I really don't know what to say I am very dumb forgive me.

Anyways I can purchase from any retailer online and we have some local manufacturers but they only give out basic firearms I do not need or want. If you know a site that can ship overseas and help out that would be great, this is happening in a month I think so I will have time.
Again really stupid of me for saying anything. I wish you understood. I really do. We are so unorganized and it's awful we don't know what to do. Trust me I am one of the better ones I still make mistakes.
>>
>>28698462
Also I can see if I could trade with other guys if they want my AK. Two guys who are basically friends with eachother both carry themselves a FN Fal. Some other people have Beretta ARs and there was a recently promoted Corporal who got a wooden gun that was from Czech republic. I do not know the name but it did not serve long and it shoots 7.62x39 semi auto.
>>
File: aow.jpg (131 KB, 774x1247) Image search: [Google]
aow.jpg
131 KB, 774x1247
>>
>>28698462
Hey, it's fine man. I seriously doubt anyone supported Boko Haram browses this shitty site anyway.
I'd recommend getting your hands on more magazines and ammunition.

Maybe get at least 6-8 loaded magazines per person, and at least 300 rounds in stripper clips to be loaded into magazines. If you're going urban, like you said, you never know how long you may get holed up without a reliable chain of supplies.

I would also recommend getting a flashlight, best case scenario one of the ones that you wear on your head.

If you can, I would recommend getting a better helmet than a steel pot. As far as US M1 steel helmets go, they are far inferior than the Kevlar helmets available in today's market. Yours may be even less useful than the M1's, as I have no clue what heat treatment they may have put on them.
Here's a link to a PASGT helmet on amazon; it's pretty expensive, but your life is well worth it. I'm not sure whether they will ship out to you, but I don't see why they wouldn't.
http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Pasgt-Kevlar-Combat-Helmet/dp/B00Q40ZJ0G/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=51QnTBoEGGL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0AXXTHNRYWANNC66Y6NP
(Not my product listing, mods, don't ban me like you did last time)
Here's a link to a plate carrier and armor plating.
http://www.amazon.com/LEVEL-BULLETPROOF-FRONT-SHOCK-PLATE/dp/B00ZUN7WW6/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1453867703&sr=1-1&keywords=AR500+armor

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZXKRCPI/ref=twister_B00ZXKQWL8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Again, that stuff will save your life if some Boko Haram asshat shoots you in the chest.

As far as medical equipment goes... Here's what I would bring, with my experience as an EMT.
Get at least 1 CAT tourniquet, preferably 2, per person. These will save your life if you get hit in a major artery. Become familiarized with how to use them, though.

Get a couple rolls of sterilized gauze.

Get some packets of hemostatic agents.
>>
>>28697898
You may want to remake this thread with the sensitive information (like where you will be deploying and when) left out.
>>
>>28698527
The corporal's gun is probably an SKS.
Honestly, stick with your AK. It will have better capabilities in close quarters fighting.
>>
>>28698462
more ammo, more magazines,
trust me, the best thing to bring to a gunfight is friends with guns, the second best thing to bring is more ammo.

or maybe invest in some good radios so you can keep in contact with your unit, it goes a VERY VERY long way to be in the know about troop strengths and situations that you or your buddies are in if they are out of sight, that way you can relay information and adjust accordingly.

communications is key. it wont save your life but it will make it easier knowing that you have a way to get in contact with others to back you up if you get into some serious shit
>>
>>28697898
>what more do i need

first aid / emergency medical for one person wounded (for you if you get shot) looking for clotting agents and sterile bandages and some sterile gloves its not a lot but it helps a lot when used fast

smoke grenades (normal white and colored) realy usefull when shit starts going down and your fire fight last more then 2min (most combat starts fast and ends fast)

a small mirror like for ladies makeup (not kidding) (see under stuff and around corners and under things) good for like in movies looking for a sniper or like i used it for most looking for booby traps and IEDs

candy and instant coffee for when your sleepy but know you need to be on your best

---YOUR BUDDYS--- nothing will save your life better then the guy next to you so keep him alive so he can keep you alive

>a steel pot helmet (I don't know if this matters but there is a small piece of the back chipped)
something like duck tape to cover the chip so it will not scrape you and it can hold in or out wetness

a good knife -- not for killing but everything else

if you can a small hand shovel useful in a lot of ways from digging a hole to shit in, to hitting someone with it

really more is just more if not adding armor
your light infantry --keep moving and use your head-- keep your eyes and ears open-- and don't panic till after all the lead stops flying, and you will be doing better then most
>>
File: 1433047647550.gif (387 KB, 792x2902) Image search: [Google]
1433047647550.gif
387 KB, 792x2902
>>28698462
For the cube I shall post some gear 101 pics for you.

I will tell you right now what i think gets most killed in a fight. They lose their siruarional awareness. Since you may not be familiar with this term I'll try to explain as simply as possible. When the bullets start flying most people will focus just on the direction it is coming from at that moment. You still have to watch and monitor the others areas fire could come from unexpectedly. This is an impossible task for one person to perform on their own in a fight, leaving many areas open you can be attacked from. This is where your friends come in. Think of yourselves as a unit that is made of friends and not friends in the same unit. You must move as a team. Think and respond as a team. Each has their own duty to perform, each their own sector to cover, you must all trust that each of you will do what the others can not.

Ok, lets try this. Do you watching racing? Do you know what a pit change is? Where the car pulls in and a team changes tires, performs repairs and fills it with fuel? Each member has a task to perform, each member trusts the others to perform their duty. Because of this the can work faster, everythibg they need to do is accomplished. Unfortunately the only way to achieve this type of unison is through practice, training, etc. You can do this in your down time, hell us americans just do it for fun. Find an empty building, use sticks for firearms if you have to. Practice stacking up, how to breach, dealing with casualties. What do you do if you breach only to face heavy resistance to you push through or do you pull back? Practice, practice, practice.

Here review these images for gear. Weve made these for a reason, after decades of fighting and learning these are effective gear selections. You may have to find alternatives, like camel backs may not be best in your area as they may be hard to get, your water bottles should work instead of a camel back or canteen.
>>
>>28698813
I think you mean situational awareness, lol. Not "siruarional" awareness.
>>
>>28697898
Can I ask you how you have such good English?

Also I agree with you buying a genuine PASGT helmet and buying a plate carrier and body armor. AR500 is my recommendation as it is relatively cheap and proven to work well.
>>
>>28698837
Compared to others here, i am well educated. My family was quite rich until around 2004 when my Dad got sick and past. It is the primary language taught, and I wanted to move to some Anglo country when i grew up but i never got the chance. I use this computer the most so I got very used to using it.

Also i am looking very well into everyones replies. thank you.
>>
>>28698766
>best thing to bring to a gunfight is friends with guns,
>>28698797
>---YOUR BUDDYS---
>>28698797
>keep moving and use your head-- keep your eyes and ears open
>>28698813
>trust that each of you will do what the others can not.

so it looks like the thing that is going to keep you alive is your team and the 3lb of brain matter sitting between your ears

after that more ammo some medical stuff and then armor

also your helmet is mostly so people know what side you're on and less about stopping a round and a hat can sometimes do this just as well
>>
File: IMG_20160126_181152.jpg (2 MB, 2936x3878) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160126_181152.jpg
2 MB, 2936x3878
This is an interesting scenario regardless of how true it is. I will assume it is

First, OP, let me start with a big goddamn fuck you. You just compromised operational security bad. I hope your NCOs flail you alive, because there was so much information there we didn't need to know that could get you and your friends killed.

Second, how comfortable are you with your weapon? Here, >>28698527 you talk about trading your gun. The corporal's weapon sounds like a vz58, and how oddly specific you were and not serving long tells me this is a troll thread. All of those guns will perform well at urban combat distances. If the ak is the only gun you've ever used, use it.
>I'd do 6-8 rifle magazines per soldier, no more than 3 pistol
>Body armor and proper helmets are a good idea. Pasgat's from the 90s mostly have their integrity compromised, see if you can find some ACH or mich helmets.
>For the armor, plate carriers with front and back plates. Armorwear plates are the cheapest ceramics to bet your life on. Since you already have chest rigs, use slick plate carriers, lbt 6094 slicks. They'll be cheaper and lighter than molle plate carriers, like the lbt 6094a

For medical TOURNIQUETS. The #1 killer on the modern battlefield is hemorrhage. Learn very quickly how to use them, no less than 3 per person, buy CAT or SOFT-W TOURNIQUETS. If you don't have fully stocked kits, you probably don't have the training either so skip the NCD and the NPA.

Carry more water. Stick a 2 liter hydration bladder in your pack

the basics of combat gear are
Ammo, water, medical. Armor in addition can save your life. This posts covers most of that.
>>
File: 1433047511689.gif (345 KB, 792x3158) Image search: [Google]
1433047511689.gif
345 KB, 792x3158
>>28698829
You are correct, big thumbs and a small phone make for lousy long posts.

Heres another pic for OP and to add to what others have said:

Ammo at least 300 rounds for each person even the FAL guys. In mags is preferable. If you dont have anough mags then stripper clips and any tool needed to load from the clip into the magazine.

Definetly medical supplies, idealy each person has medical supplies to treat themselves of a gunshot wound or missing limb. Bicycle inner tubes cut in half to form a long tube can be used as tourniquets if someone loses a leg or arm. Tie the tube around the limb a few inches above where it was severed. Tie it on tight and double knot it. Take a stick or piece of pipe or metal rod about as big around as your trigger finger and slip it under the tube, so between the tube and the limb. Now crank the stick around tightening the tube. The tube will twist on itself cutting off blood flow to the leg. You can hook one end of the stick under the tube again to hold it in place or use string or your hand but keep the tube tight. Get this person to a medical team as soon as possible.
>>
>>28698290
No, I have not.
>>28698737
Thank you very much.
>>28698766
>>28698797
>>28698813
>>28698960
thanks very very much this really helped looking into it now.
>>28698970
It may sound pathetic but if you knew my NCOs they do not care nor have much focus other than making noise. it is not a troll, trust me I struggle with this deeply. if only you understand it is so different than what the west has.
besides me being a total fool, i am very okay with my weapon. but i do not know if it is best. i am no gun expert so I was not sure. Information about the corporals gun was him telling us about it. He told me it was from the Czech and showed me what he put in it. never found out what it what but i think you might be right about the type it is.
>>
Serious response: If you do not have body armor try to get your hands on a hardened steel plate of about 1.5cm thick. Fashion yourself a ghetto vest by sticking it in a pouch and sewing it to the front of a jacket or something.
>>
File: 1433047752308.gif (1 MB, 792x6971) Image search: [Google]
1433047752308.gif
1 MB, 792x6971
>>28698970
I kanda thought the Vz description wa sa jab too but maybe it was traded as Vz mags are hard to come by compared to AK?

Last pic Ive got for now OP, this covers a bit of head gear.
>>
Make sure you bring extra socks and water

I don't really know, just wanted to wish you luck Nigeriabro. I'm rooting for you.
>>
File: IMG_20151222_150124.jpg (490 KB, 1080x1553) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151222_150124.jpg
490 KB, 1080x1553
>>28698972
>300 rounds of 7.62
That a lot of weight. I know I just recommended armor, but in this scenario OP has about a month. He and his buddies will be dragging ass if they roll up with 300 rounds of ammo and body armor.
I'm almost considering to tell him to ignore that bit because of it. Plate carriers might add 15 pounds depending on your plates. Then they have to measure the plates and some how procure it within a month. Then with ITAR, he won't be even able to buy plates from the states probably.

OP, get more ammo, water and medical, you and your buddies train with what you got. If you cant get armor or operate with 15-35 extra pounds depending on coverage and size, skip it.
Train, train, train.

>>28698972
He should really buy real tourniquets. No offense, you system will work, but you want to minimize the chance of tourniquet failure and he should be able to get a shit ton fairly easily. I don't think they're restricted items.
>>
>>28699049
Oh, that is if you don't have a way to acquire real body armor or it's too expensive.
I don't know how good your training is, but you might want to read through some US army manuals or watching some training videos online if you aren't too sure about your skills.

Good luck.
>>
>>28699048
Ok ive heard stories from your region. Not to be insulting, but do you know how your sights work on you AK? What the adjustments.....do?
>>
>>28699048
also water, alotsa water, all that guns and gear wont save you if your exhausted and dehydrated, about (1) ONE LITER a day, makes a world of difference.

good luck to you friend. may God lead you to victory
>>
>>28699132
OP writes English better than a fair 60% of the board population.

He's smart enough to find us from Nigeria.

I think he has a basic grasp of handling a firearm.
>>
File: IMG_20160126_180301.jpg (3 MB, 2662x4344) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160126_180301.jpg
3 MB, 2662x4344
>>28699048
It's just so critical to understand that volume of fire is a good consistent way to win gunfights. U.S. army, by doctrine at least, will not engage in a fight without a 3-1 advantage. So you have to use the firearm you are most comfortable with for maximum performance. For me, its ar15s. Then, have a shit ton of ammo. I like 8+1 mags, or 270 rounds.
Then have friends with a shit ton of ammo. They all increase the volume of fire

>>28699104
If he can't get real body armor, I'd skip the steel plate. Spalling's a bitch, and I doubt he has access to truck bed liner spray. The weight and bulk is also difficult for the inexperienced.

Using good cover will have to do.
>>
>>28699078
Yeah 300 is a bit much. I carry 200 to 240 usually but given OP's supply line may be poor, eh i think you get Im saying.

And im just offering him suggestions if he can't get CATs.
>>
Praying for you brother. Remembering God's love should help get you through this. He is with you always, no matter what.

But remember, God isn't going to fight for you. The Muslims you'll be fighting are fatalistic and think that God is directly intervening. They are wrong. You have to be strong for your God and know that He helps those who help themselves. Just do what you can to stay alive.

I don't know how devout you are but if captured, please do not deny Christ. I know you are scared, but He is greater than all the harm the enemy can inflict. God bless you Nigeriabro.
>>
>>28699182
For spalling he could roll the plate in several layers of canvas, it wouldnt stop it but might catch most of it.
>>
File: IMG_20160118_223718.jpg (335 KB, 949x1316) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160118_223718.jpg
335 KB, 949x1316
>>28699199
I know. It's just the way he describes his funding, he has the ability to purchase things. I don't know how fast shipping is or even if us stores will sell to him or if there's someone he can buy from there, but surely he can get some CATs to him inside of a month

Also, OP, don't panic. You're going to be in a firefight. You might die, yes, but its not guaranteed. If you and your friends do some good training and prepare properly, you will probably survive. Unlucky shit, fate maybe, happens, but if you focus on that instead of doing your job of closing, engaging, and destroying the enemy, your chances are much more grim.
>>
>>28699276
How are the tubes treating you? Heard you werent too happy with them.

>>28699210
+1 god helps those who help themselves. Gods got more important shit to do than be your personal bullet guidance system like the muslims seem to think.
>>
No advice here, but Godspeed OP.
Let us know if you make it out alright.
>>
>>28697898
first off
>fresh copy of Kuran
>posts picture of cross with Bible verse on it

but anyways, are you prepared for the after effects? after you possibly see hundreds of people killed?

but a Camelbak is a great investment, as is a good multitool
>>
File: IMG_20150917_181440.jpg (472 KB, 1080x1368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150917_181440.jpg
472 KB, 1080x1368
>>28699225
Maybe, but that's still more weight and bulk. I think it's a bad idea, and if OP and friends can't get their hands on ceramic plates, they shouldn't bother.

That being said, that also means they need to deal with chest wounds. OP, I normally would never recommend using YouTube for medical training. If there's a medic, and doctor, a hospital, any thing you can receive a few basic lessons in, go there. Otherwise, Google/YouTube "combat lifesaving course" and "tactical combat causality care"

CLS and TCCC
>>
>>28698737
Fellow medfag here expanding on medical advice.

http://www.amazon.com/Tourniquet-Application-Windlass-Increase-Tourniquets/dp/B010H727GU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1453868896&sr=8-2&keywords=cat+tourniquet

The CAT (combat application tourniquet) is a very useful tool, in the event of arterial hemorrhage in a limb (dark red blood, spurts until blood pressure drop dangerously low) place the cat 10cm proximal (towards the torso; elbow is proximal to hand; knee is proximal to foot) from the wound site. If this places you on a joint, go immediately proximal to the joint. Secure the tourniquet to the limb, then there should be a metal bar, twist this until bleeding stops. Injured person must be given medical attention immediately

http://www.amazon.com/Ever-Ready-First-Aid-Compression/dp/B003DPVERM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453868991&sr=8-1&keywords=isreali+bandage

For venous bleeding use a pressure dressing (upper link) just wrap it around nice and tight, but not tight enough to cut off circulation. When possible check that they can move the fingers or toes on the bandaged extremity, also squeeze their finger or toenails on either side, should take less than a second for them to turn whitish, they should return to full color within 2-3 seconds, if they don't you may be cutting off circulation. If they don't have numbness, and their nailbeds return to color relatively quickly, the injury is relatively stable. Watch for shock.
>>
>>28699339

http://www.amazon.com/East-and-West-Kaolin-Pound/dp/B001K2HY74/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1453869041&sr=8-3&keywords=kaolin+clay

You may need the hemostatic agent listed above, white kaolin clay is the active ingredient in modern quickclot, buying it in bulk without the brand name is about 100 times cheaper. The only difference is that quickclot is sterilized, kaolin clay is not. Realistically, all the dirt and grime getting into the wound in battle is what's going to cause an infection, and dealing with an infection in a couple of days is better than dying of bloodloss now.

To use just pour enough to fill or cover the wound with kaolin clay,apply pressure bandage or use gauze pads and roll gauze.

I would say purchase an occlusive dressing, but duct tape will work just as well. If they get shot in the chest, don't worry about trying to make a valve and burp the hole, tape that shit closed and get them to a trained medic asap.

Hemostatic agents are preferred for neck wounds, do not apply a pressure dressing to the neck, this will choke them. I know it sounds obvious, but I have seen people try to do dangerous things trying to help. Apply kaolin clay, then gauze, then hold in place with your hand or direct them to use theirs if they are still conscious.

Treating for shock: if they look pale and their skin is cooler than normal they are probably in shock. Shock is basically dangerously low blood pressure. The best management for shock in the field is to lay them down, on their back if possible, and keep them warm. Seek medical treatment immediately.
>>
>>28699339
http://www.amazon.com/Keychain-Nitrile-Gloves-MCR-Medical/dp/B010FXOXDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453870508&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=cpr+mask+keychain&psc=1
If they stop breathing, and you are able, tilt their head back and lift their chin to open their airway. Pinch the nose and breath into their mouth until their chest rises. too much may cause them to vomit into your mouth. Use the above keychain mask to prevent anything from getting into your mouth, those also contain gloves, wear them. If they are not breathing from an injury, they are pretty close to dead. If you have to leave them to save yourself or others who are badly injured but still breathing, do it.
If you want to know any more about medicine, don't hesitate to ask.
>>
>>28699157
>smart enough to find us

Pls
>>
Hey OP, do you chew khat? What's it like?
>>
>>28699332
He said that it is for uf he gets captured for the small chance of bluffing his way to prisoner and not 'headless corpse'
>>
File: IMG_20160111_171659.jpg (3 MB, 2744x4102) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160111_171659.jpg
3 MB, 2744x4102
>>28699315
I'm not doing the trip because I like to save it for gear, ar, and general shit posting, and even though I'm not 100% that OP is legit, I watched beast of no nation like a month ago, so its a fun hypothetical. If it is real, then maybe I can help someone. Now, I can shoot my ar15 with the tubes just fine. I tried a m1 garand and a ak74 nato-length stock, and the results were a little more difficult. I have wide shoulders, and have plenty of space for both the tubes and a stock. But the stock cannot go ontop the tubes. It's not happening. And thinner guys will suffer for it.
The cumberbund tubes are the real issue. That's precious mounting space at 2 and 10 o clock I can't use effectively. There's no adjustment really, I can't tighten or loosen the carrier based on my layers.
The laser cut molle is great.

I just so happen to be the right size for this carrier, but this is basically the only size it comes in. Because of this, I cannot recommend this carrier for anyone else, even though im enjoying my product and will continue to use it. If your 6'2 and 195 pounds, it'll work for you. Otherwise, you might have an issue.
>>
>>28699077
Thank you. Socks aren't much to me, but I will try.
>>28699104
Thank you.
>>28699132
>>28699157
Of course I know how to use guns.
>>28699182
i wish we had ars here.
>>28699210
yes thank you very much. The Major has given each person a cross, whether he bought it or made it we know God i with us.
>>28699332
I am used to people dying. I never seen a person die right in front of me the closest ive gotten is getting a report saying someone has died but that is it.
>>28699382
i do not. Very sorry.
>>28699320
I feel like I sinned to much to make it through this one.
>>
>>28699426
And by report of someone who died I mean someone who always drove our APC.
>>
Look up Bidorbuy for recentish military surplus from South Africa, it's recommended you do searches in Afrikaans irand English. Do not get motorcycle helmets.
>>
>>28697898
Best of luck, OP.
>>
>>28699426
good luck. do it for us, but mostly you.
>>
File: IMG_20160123_160813.jpg (2 MB, 2925x4041) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_160813.jpg
2 MB, 2925x4041
>>28699426
I mean, I like ar15s because its what I've shot. My personal ar15 and of course, issues m4 carbines. An ak will kill a man just as dead. If I were a slav, and I had a rich commisar daddy who let me get my hands on an ak, then I enlisted and shot ak103s, I'd like aks more, I'm sure.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-26-23-09-41.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-26-23-09-41.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
I'm going to second the situational awareness posts. Urban is a difficult place to fight simply because the angles of fire can be so extreme.
Be smart. Use cover to your (and your buddies') advantage. Don't only look at the ground level, or where you are currently facing. Look up, left, right, into windows, and especially rooftops. They're all great places to shoot from into unsuspecting victims.

When patrolling, not only is your head on a swivel but so should everyone else's be. Have two dudes in the back of your formation switch duties for looking backwards. Some combatants like waiting until a formation has passed by and shoot at their backs. Be wary.

Room clearing is a MUST. Do some research. Stacking up sounds easy, but it requires training. Drill each person until you can all perform each position in the stack. This will fucking save your asses.

Last thing I can immediately think is to train like you will fight. Full kit, full weight, all the bells and whistles. If people think you're retarded for doing so, those people will probably due unless lady luck is on their lazy side.

Pic mildly related.
>>
>>28699426
buy baofengs for the whole squad. learn how to program baofengs with USB cable.

buy CAT tourniquets and Israeli bandages, learn directions.

buy more mags and ammo, at least another 4-pack pouch. and make sure your gun is always clean.
>>
>>28699358
Almost forgot about flail segments. If someone receives chest trauma and is having trouble breathing feel their chest. Patch any holes as I mentioned above, but you may feel paradoxical movement. This is when a section of ribs have multiple breaks. You will feel the flail segment suck in when they breathe in, and push out when they breathe out. Pack this with gauze and cover the whole section with duct tape, It will minimize the dead space during breathing and allow them to take in more air.
>>
>>28699469
>people probably due
Goddammit Swype
Die*
>>
Maybe some flares? They may come in handy. If you wanna get a flare gun for your squad, surplus ones are like $60 plus $30 for a five pack of flares.

If you don't have that much, just get some road flares online for cheap and give one to each guy.
>>
>>28699469
this is why comms are important. good communications will go a long way. hand does not know what the foot is doing it all times. it takes good comms to be an effective fighting body
>>
>>28699472
>>28699597
Use radios only if you can keep proper commsec
>>
>>28699597
No denying that. Since others ITT had covered comms I just wanted to post what I knew about urban combat

Also, OP. Check out MOUT (military operations in urban terrain) training vids online.
>>
File: snabe eeber.jpg (321 KB, 1400x827) Image search: [Google]
snabe eeber.jpg
321 KB, 1400x827
>mfw I at first thought this was some new variant of the Nigerian e-mail scam being used to troll /k/

God speed, stay safe.
>>
>>28699623
Low end sigint isnt that hard.
Fuck, Iran hacked gps on a number of occasions.
>>
Op I don't know anywhere near as much as the gear fags and assorted .mils in thread right now but good speed you magnificent son of a bitch do the Lord's work I'll say a prayer for you
>>
Get one of those lifesaver bottles. That way no matter how shitty the water is, you'll always have something clean and disease free to drink.

http://www.lifesaversystems.com
>>
>>28697898
I thought you guys had a mercenary group helping you out? I remember reading an article somewhere last year about Nigerian forces combined with mercenary advisors and combat teams were taking the villages together. Can't remember who it was though
>>
>>28697898
You might want to rough that quran up a bit so they actually believe you read it, I think bloodthirsty jihadis might notice if it's never been read
>>
File: 1265413318925.jpg (85 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1265413318925.jpg
85 KB, 750x600
Lots of people have said a lot about gear, but it's also important to be as familiar as possible with your weapon. A decently maintained weapon used by someone with basic training will reliably put rounds on target out to 100meters, which is plenty for urban fighting. If you're not comfortable hitting people-sized targets at that range, it would be worth your time to watch some videos on how to properly hold your weapon and use your weapon's sights. The more you know and the more confident you are in your training and preparation and ability to win, the easier it will be to ignore the terror when someone else is shooting at you.

Many people on this board take it for granted that someone knows how iron sights work, but many people actually fighting do not and an hour's worth of training can dramatically improve a unit's lethality.

Also echoing what everyone else has said about ammo, hydration, medical, and armor.
>>
File: DSC_6396.jpg (264 KB, 750x501) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6396.jpg
264 KB, 750x501
get a GoPro so you can film everything. then come back and share it with us.

Good luck bro.
>>
Bless you all and thanks to everyone. I'll keep on checking in on this, I've searched up a few suggestions already.
>>28699816
If I have stuff to spare I will. I just hope I make it.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (209 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
209 KB, 1024x1024
>>28699816
what would be yfw OP delivers kebab removal?
>>
>>28699837
Good Luck OP. Hey, check in with us when this is over, alright?
>>
>>28697898
Most importantly, grab a plate carrier and plates for it. It will keep you from getting shot in the chest or back.

A small mirror is a good idea, it beats sticking your head around a corner to check for bad guys.

Grab some Quik clot or other clotting agent.

More ammo mags are always a good idea.

Replacing your helmet with a modern kevlar one would be prudent.

Grab a hydration bladder.

If you can get any sort of area weapon like grenades, or even molotovs, having one or two would be a good idea.
>>
>>28699937

Molotov is not a good idea. In an urban environment (especially somewhere less developed like Africa), the fire could get out of hand and he could wind up burning half the damn town down.
>>
>>28697898
Grab NVGs and batteries for them. They are expensive, but the edge you will have at night is worth it.
I hope you are for real OP, boko haram are hateful fucks that deserve the bullets you put in them.
>>
>>28697898
Plate carrier and plates
Tourniquets
Quick clotesque bandages
Some sort of optic for your weapon (and actually sight the fucker in)

God speed bro. Probably should delete this shit, OPSEC and all
>>
File: 1401649016479.jpg (2 MB, 3466x2776) Image search: [Google]
1401649016479.jpg
2 MB, 3466x2776
>>28699846
>mfw i turn into an apache to provide OP with CAS
>>
>>28700012
NVG's are night vision goggles, in case you are unfamiliar with the term. Go with gen 3
>>
>>28699865
This.

Odin with you mate.
>>
>>28699837
Good luck and God speed man
>>
>>28697898

I recommend a pair of compact binoculars. They don't have to be of amazing quality with German lenses, just some decent ones that won't break with if you're a little rough with it. Being able to see people far away is very useful, especially in an urban environment with civilians.

I hope you won't have to draw blood, but if you must I hope you will come out of it alive.

Best of luck friend.
>>
>>28697898
What should we call you to remember you by? Obviously you're more important than just op or anon.
>>
God be with you Nigerian friend. Please let us know when you make it back, don't forget us ;_;
>>
Friendly reminder that if this is real, we are being watched, (or will be watched), heavily by a lettered agency for days to come. Tread lightly, mask your ip's and remain as anonymous as possible.
Good luck and God's speed brother. Make it back alive for us all.
>>
>>28700036
have some battle music helicoptanon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQObWW06VAM
>>
OP, consider that a good use of some of your money might be gifts/bribes to the medical guys to make sure that you take priority if found injured.
>>
>>28700012
>>28700037
NVGs are a controlled item, good luck buying them in op's case.

Better to get an optic suitable for urban combat with an AK. I'm not an AKfag so I don't know what to suggest here.
>>
File: animal mother.png (758 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
animal mother.png
758 KB, 600x844
>>28697898
fight the good fight
>>
>>28700408
Fuck the NSA amirite
>>
File: 1452333735434.jpg (91 KB, 476x446) Image search: [Google]
1452333735434.jpg
91 KB, 476x446
Godspeed brother
>>
File: gorilla.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
>>28697898

Loose lips sinking ships like a motherfucker in here
>>
>>28697898
They don't give you guys OPSEC briefings in the Nigerian military, do they?
But anyway, I would suggest the following.

A plate carrier with plates (level 3 or higher, depending on your price range)
Moar magazines
Moar boolets
Some cheapo nvgs https://www.nightvision4less.com/atn-viper-x-1-gen-1-night-vision-goggle.aspx
A multitool or knife (or both)
A camelback
A PASGT helmet
Some batteries
Moar water
Moar MRE's
Look into making an IFAK
That's about all I can think of.
>>
Here OP, have a couple of PDFs of US Army field manuals that might help you a bit. Good luck dude.

https://mega.nz/#fm/hZ10zRCS
>>
>>28700920
Holy shit I'm retarded, here's a (hopefully) working link.
https://mega.nz/#F!xZN3WL5K
>>
>>28700938
Fuck it, Mega isn't agreeing with me.

Here's the page I got them from, there's quite a few to sort through. I recommend reading the first aid one at the very least.
http://www.stevespages.com/page7c.htm
>>
File: image.jpg (313 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313 KB, 1024x1024
Godspeed OP, I'll be praying for you.
If you're real and make it through, you'll be famous on a Mongolian arrow crafting forum.
>>
>>28700962
where's her underwear?
>>
>>28700970
Are you some child?

That's a glorious ass. It needs no underwear.
>>
>>28698837

Read a fucken book Ameri-cunt.

Nigerians have been speaking English for over a hundred years.
>>
>>28700962
10/10 perfection from waist down.
>>
>>28700897
>Update
Also, get some gloves.
>>
>>28697898

Read this and live my dusky skinned brother.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Truppenf%C3%BChrung_by_USMC.pdf
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 645x751) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 645x751
>>28700970
>>28701004
Didn't mean to detract the thread, I hope our Nigerian /k/ommando is blessed by the /k/ube.
He's doing a lot more to stop boko haram than America as a country did to stop Kony.
>mfw you said you had a metal pot helmet
>>
>>28700408
>being watched
>for giving advice to a soldier in a country that is on friendly terms with the US
Oh no, I'm terrified.
>>
I am doubtful of OP's credibility, but I'll play along.

Baofeng radios are as good as any handheld radio you can buy and are the least expensive. You won't each need one, but try have one or two around because it helps with coordination. Others can hear your discussions so check on the internet how to make effective codebooks for common terms and locations.

Smoke grenades are good for signaling as someone mentioned.

Why don't you have a knife? It's really weird for a grown man to not have one.

Make sure to remove as much kebab as you can. Nigeria belongs to Nigerians and not dirty muslims. When this is all over, do what you can to make gun ownership better protected. If the common people were better armed then Boko No Pico never would have taken this much ground. As shiesty as Nigerians tend to be, you guys have one of the better African countries and I think there's a lot of potential for your children and their children in the land of their father.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.