[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am currently in college studying criminal justice go become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: Police-Detective.jpg (177 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Police-Detective.jpg
177 KB, 1024x768
I am currently in college studying criminal justice go become an officer and an eventual SWAT team member, what kind of armaments can I expect?
>>
>>28692756
To** I'm on a phone using swipe
>>
>>28692756
Yeah for killing dogs, there's really nothing you can't use. 9mm, .40, 12 ga, .223/.556- they'll all do just fine.

Hopefully they'll give you pic related just to fuck with you.
>>
>>28693190
Kek
>this orange ball will save some dindus
>>
Fuck you OP, you're a disgrace to freedom. Go kill yourself
>>
>>28692756
>CJ degree
Waste of time and money.
>>
>>28692756
>I am currently studying Criminal justice
>looking to join SWAT

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAGHAAHAOHHAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOHHHHH

Fucking adorable
>>
Glawk fourtee and rusted out bullshit because dindus don't clean anything that isn't a car, but mostly empty hands, harmless puppies, grandmas and turned backs. You'll just kill them all anyway.
>>
>I'm gonna be a SWAT team member!
Lol, sure OP. You're a pre-med saying you're going to be a surgeon.
>>
File: 1408294572739.png (161 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1408294572739.png
161 KB, 500x280
>getting a degree to be on a SWAT team
You only need one if you either plan on being a fed or a detective, retard
>>
you can expect a 308 shattering your pelvis when the revolution begins
>>
File: 1444747673814.png (163 KB, 300x438) Image search: [Google]
1444747673814.png
163 KB, 300x438
>>28696763
>>
>>28692756
The kind that won't help you in the end. See you when the time comes.
>>
OP good luck to you if you don't want to kill yourself as a beat cop
>>
>>28692756
you wont get a swat assignment without military experience so enjoy arresting drunk negros for the rest of your life
>>
>>28694913
how is he a disgrace to freedom?

I am working towards a career in law enforcement as well. I just want to help keep as many people out of harms way as possible, via putting myself in harms way.
>>
>>28696862
until you turn bitter and shoot an innocent person
>>
>>28696763
Jesus fucking christ dude that's awful. Pelvic collapse is a horrendous wound... like... seriously, you'll bleed internally like a mother fucker and you can't bear a weight until it's repaired and healed, and it hurts, and you can die, and FUCK dude... just... fuck... why would you even suggest that
>>
>>28696883
>if you become a cop you'll shoot innocents!
Just like if you own a gun you'll shoot up a school
>>
>>28696862
>keep as many people out of harms way as possible,
What kind of laws will you enforce?
>>
>>28696862
Please don't allow yourself to ever become discouraged from staying true to justice and the truth, and don't get sucked in to the corruption and shady shit.
Please.
For the love of god.
That's what got my uncle to quit being a cop entirely in portland
>>
>>28696862
because if we didnt have to worry about officer fucklestein somehow catching us dishing out some much need vigilante justice, these neighborhoods would be rid of filth in weeks. but no, we've got to rely on donut patrol otherwise they'll throw a flashbang in our childs crib and shoot our dog.
>>
>>28692756
>studying CJ
>every dolt applying to become a LEO has their AA in CJ
Should've majored in something else OP, you could've stood out. Thats the consensus to the guys on the job I've spoken to in the cities I'm applying/applied to. Focus on graduating and getting in a department.
>>
>>28695166
This.

OP, protip: LE agencies don't give a fuck what your degree is in. They truly don't give a fuck. At all. Not even a little bit. Get something useful to fall back on if you decide you hate being a cop, flunk FTO, or get medically retired. Anything other than CJ. It won't help you as a cop either.

>source: cop who took CJ
>>
>>28698353

I am getting CJ degree and minoring in business. and I plan on applying for a sheriff deputy position out of college to start out.

I was thinking the CJ degree would help work towards federal related law enforcement. Or detective work even, like in narcotics.

Im not making a mistake am I? pretty sure you need a degree for some of this shit.
>>
>>28698747
Not him but Chicago and New York require you to have an AA(60 hrs) or military.
>>
>>28698771
whats AA?
>>
>>28698800
Associates of Arts,one of the two year degrees. I just said AA because on the application forms its usual just listed as AA or 60hrs
>>
File: judgment_day.png (37 KB, 227x374) Image search: [Google]
judgment_day.png
37 KB, 227x374
>>28698747
Stop it. Copfag here.
Getting my bachelor's in criminal justice was a fucking waste.
I applied to about 6 departments before I got hired.
>having a degree means nothing in the hiring process. It doesn't put you ahead of anyone. It doesn't get you extra points or anything.
>federal agencies don't fucking want criminal justice. They want language, computer science, business.
Also. Good fucking luck getting into the feds without prior service.

Listen to me and the others in this thread. Learn from my mistake.
Don't major in criminal justice.
>>
>>28698841
so what do you recommend I do? I want to make my life law enforcement, and I hope to get higher and higher in standing from performance as well.

A sheriff friend of mine says a associates in business is good to start with, and i can just go back to school later for whatever.

give me some ideas fampai.
>>
>>28698925
Get your bachelor's in something that isn't liberal arts. Something you can use if law enforcement doesn't work out.
computers or business is safe.
>>
>>28698841
I'm Asian and have my degree. Will I have trouble getting hired in a big city? I hear horror stories of white guys not getting a call at all and black and latino candidates they bend backwards for.
>>
>>28698956
Like I said, I only want law enforcement.

hows the whole swat shit work? How does one get into that at all
>>
>>28698841

>that image

Fuckin' hippies.

MAD was the only reason the cold war never went hot.

Nuclear weapons are the greatest thing that ever happened to world peace.
>>
File: 1452188502834.jpg (105 KB, 960x620) Image search: [Google]
1452188502834.jpg
105 KB, 960x620
>>28698959
Big cities have way more slots open. The only downside is if it's big enough to have its own Academy. City specific Academies are much more demanding physically.
You're Asian bro. As far as diversity quotas go you're a white dude.
Just keep applying and don't give up. Work on your interview skills.
They will definitely bend backwards for women and Spanish speakers.
Girl I was at the Academy with was hired specifically because she was a dyke. The department that sent her ate the tone though because she failed out second week.

>>28698989
Then knock yourself out man. But don't cry and say no one warned you.

It varries by department. Most departments have 2 to 3 year wait before you're allowed to apply for specialized units. And only the major cities can afford to have a dedicated swat team. Everyone else is whatever first, swat second.
>>
>>28692756
Criminal justice is worthless OP. A bunch of cadets in my ROTC program are using their service to prepare them for LEO work after they get out. Military is the way to go.

> Service Guarantees Citizenship (read: Police Officer Occupation)
> Service Guarantees POO
>>
>>28699080
Yeah I applied to all large cities and they most definitely do.
>You're Asian bro. As far as diversity quotas go you're a white dude.
Fuck. How does that work? I guess not enough savages roaming around the Asian community to warrant a need for Asian officers.
>work on interview skills
Any tips? And hows the psych eval? Some of these departments have a board I'll have to stand before.
>>
>>28699080
I hardly see any Asian cops, I'm thinking they would like to have a few and you're not going to be treated as a white dude. But thats just my 2 cents. You might know more about than I do.
>>
>>28693804

Yeah, if cops only shot once. Isn't it pretty much policy that you need to mag dump on every one you shoot?
>>
>>28699290
My psych eval I had to go chat to some psychologist for an hour.
He was a cunt. Must have asked me half a dozen times if my parents were still married, they are, and despite this he wrote down in his evaluation that my parents were divorced.
He also got bent out of shape over my "excessively firm handshake"

Before this I had to spend the morning filling out like 400 multiple choice questions. "would you rather have sex or read a book."

Research the department you're applying for.
" why did you choose our department " is a universal question. And" because it was next on my list" isn't a good answer.
Don't mention future goals. If you want to go state or federal don't tell them. If they ask how long you're going to stay don't give them a number.
"why do you want to be a police officer" is also a standard.
If you get a bad vibe from the interview panel that's a great sign that you don't want to work there.
Some are set up with command staff including the chief. Others you'll be talking to 5 of the biggest asshole they could find that morning.
>>
>>28699401
I went to the state Academy. Only one Asian out of 105 people.
I say they might as well be white because most places don't have a large Asian community. So you're not looking to hire them to reflect the diversity of the town.
>>
>>28698841
>Launching nuclear devices to detonate into a self-sustaining fusion reaction
>>
>>28698841
>>28698747
Yeah, you are making a mistake. College is good, some agencies require it or will hire a college grad over an equally qualified non-college grad. That being said I can't possibly express how big of a mistake, waste of time, and waste of money a CJ degree is. You would be far better at getting a degree in something else like accounting or computer related shit for any sort of detective position, and a fed agency wouldn't even look at you with a CJ degree. Like the other gentleman said, they want computer geeks to go after terrorists, pedophiles, and hackers. So basically /b/ and /pol/. They don't want someone who's going to get passed up for promotion because he has a useless CJ degree, get all buttgruntled, quit, and go to law school to become a criminal defense attorney with their CJ degree and knowledge of how the other side plays ball. That's what CJ degrees are good for, moving into the legal field.

I again say get a degree in something completely unassociated with LE so you can fall back on it ends up not being a good fit for you. Also at regular LE agencies, most detectives are just patrolmen who get a rep for being thorough, then put in for the job. We have people come and go from patrol to detectives and vice versa at my agency all the time.
>>
>>28699442
Thanks, anon. I heard about the psych stuff like that where it all depends on your shrink. Appreciate the tips. I'm guess i'll be experiencing the 5 cunts they could find, doubt big city depts both the Chief with panel on who goes to the academy.
>>
>>28699544
Good luck man.
If you're not running already you better start. You're not by chance in Tennessee are you.
>>
>>28699476
I'm applying to big cities, several of which have Chinatowns. So I'd imagine the asian community is big, just not in LEO work.
>>28699476
Sounds about right. And I agree with your statement but like I told the other anon, these cities all have large asian communities.
>>
>>28692756
>studying criminal justice
first mistake
>>
>>28699580
Thanks, I've got a long ass road ahead. I'm testing for Chicago in April. Best case I get a good lottery number(thanks all you litigious cunts suing the city for muh racism) and in a year or so I continue. Oh I am, thats my weak point.
>Tennessee
Nope, Florida
>>
>>28699442
Are sheriff departments any better?
>>
>>28699669
you still have to do psych evals for sheriffs
>>
If you want to be a cop, a CJ degree will work fine. Don't listen to these cunts who could not become cops bad mouthing CJ. Double major with business or accounting.
If you want to be a federal agent CJ is fine. Border patrol, DEA and Customs all look for CJ majors. Learn a language also.
There are always going to be CJ jobs available. Study something you are interested in, if you enjoy CJ then get your degree in it. Don't wast your money on a degree as a backup.. Most likely you will do better in a major that you enjoy.
Keep your GPA over a 3.O. Do a couple of internships.
>>
>>28699675
no I mean are they more standardized or is it up to the psychiatrist?
>>
>>28699682
>If you want to be a cop, a CJ degree will work fine
literally no
>>
>>28699699
it will depend on the department but most of the time its the same. a fuck ton of multiple choice questions and a dick psych to try and crack you
>>
>>28699719
alright
>>
>>28696862
You'd be better off being a firefighter or emt. Your won't be helping people as a cop, you will be enforcing the law.
>>
>>28699733
see if the departments you are applying to will let you go on a ride along. where i am civilians can go on 1 a year, ask the officer a lot of questions
>>
>>28699775
its much harder to become a firefighter
>>
File: San Fermin festival.jpg (172 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
San Fermin festival.jpg
172 KB, 1200x960
>>28699802
This. Unless you're a black, lesbian bull dyke don't even bother.
>>
File: 54532.jpg (5 KB, 101x127) Image search: [Google]
54532.jpg
5 KB, 101x127
>>28699924
>>
Lot of departments make or heavily influence officers to buy their own AR and register them through the city or some shit. I don't know too much about the register part but the three police stations my dad deals with makes their officers provide their own AR. He is a mechanic for the city so he yaps it up with porkers all the time. We might just be in poor county . Its palm beach county
>>
>>28700025
never heard of this and i know a lot of leo's.
>>
So I want to be a LEO, my major is CJ and I could see myself working a fed position in the future if I get a liking for LE. Just to be clear you guys are saying I should change my major to business or computer science? I'm still a freshman so it's not too late to change majors
>>
>>28699707
not him, but
whats the point of CJ then? THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING out of CJ. tell me
>>
>>28700700

I was about to do CJ, but I think business is the way to go. And yeah computer science is good to for fed stuff it seems.
>>
ITT people who choose a degree not knowing what they want to get out of it.

The degree isn't useless, you are.
>>
>>28692756
Criminal justice is a terrible degree, change while you still have time
>>
>>28696794
That's bullshit, plenty of SWAT and other specialized units do not require prior military.
>>
>>28698841
>be me
>no prior military service
>work for ABC agency
Smh desu Desu senpai baka kawaii baseball apple pie American express
>>
>>28698989
Y-you are asking people on Thai lady boy image exchange website about SWAT, and expecting serious answers.

You have made poor life descsions if this is the best research you've done to this point.

Also change your major you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>become police officer
>weekly routine
>turn up to car accidents
>see people splattered all over road
>domestic violence here and there
>dealing with theft and assault
>pull over dick heads for speeding and running red lights
>see some pretty gross shit but you gotta do it

>every now and then some people decide to have a rally
>have to turn up and stand between groups because if people start throwing punches media and everyone is going to be whining "were was the police"
>have to put up with morons screaming "muh statist, muh fascist pigs, muh work for the corporations"
>literally don't give a shit about why theyre there I'm just here to stop violent clashes
>they think police are the bad guys and threaten to kill us when their "revolution" starts
>>
>>28703341
I'm not actually a cop btw just pointing out how retarded some of you look.
>>
>>28703347
Wow, cool
>>
>>28703302
how did you do it anon? What you are doing is a life goal for me, share secrets.
>>
>>28700700
As a general rule, CJ is pretty much the High School Diploma of Police applicants in terms of qualifications.

Any degree is better than no degree, to be fair. But seriously consider changing into a backup plan because most of what you learn as a CJ major isn't going to apply to your work.

Lots of police officers will recommend get a backup because there's a hundred reasons that you could not get hired or take three years to get hired by an agency.

TL;DR Get a degree for your backup choice, be it accounting, business, whatever.
>>
Alright anons, tell me what you think of this:
I want to work for an alphabet agency.
Right now, I'm in my second semester, no major, enrolled in an intro to justice systems class. What would you guys say to taking linguistics, making it my major, and having a minor in JS (justice systems)?
>>
>>28702573
CJ is generally seen as the High School Diploma level of achievement for any LEO application.

For the most part, CJ majors end up using that basic knowledge to go into law school, especially if they can't find a job as LEO.
>>
>>28703399
That sounds fine, it helps to have options in case you don't enjoy the work or in order to specialize later in your career
>>
File: three.png (429 KB, 1511x5573) Image search: [Google]
three.png
429 KB, 1511x5573
>>28699290

The other anon that replied to you talking about "400 multiple choice questions" and a lengthy interview with a psychologist is referring to departments that do the MMPI-2 test; departments that don't use a polygraph evaluation uses this (there is little to no departments that use both).

Chances are you will encounter the polygraph instead, as most agencies exclusively use the polygraph. There are only a few amount of agencies that doesn't use the polygraph, and a notable example is the NYPD (they exclusively use the MMPI-2)

You can actually do "practice" MMPI-2's online, and there are answer keys that explains the range of what's "normal" or not normal. However, I think (not sure) the MMPI-2 is actually a branded and copyrighted thing, so free online tests are often pulled down and deleted from the internet quite often, so be advised on its availability (even the "answer keys" were deleted. Therefore, I cannot give you any links, as the ones I've used are already gone.

The only tip I can give you is be consistent; as long as your responses are consistent throughout the inventory, you will be passed as long as your psychologist isn't a pubic hair. Remember: you can reason out your mild depression or anxiety to the shrink in the interview, but if the psychologist finds out that your choices are inconsistent, you will be ruled out as a LIAR and you WILL be DairyQueen'd.

Anyways, this is the result of my MMPI-2 I took a long time ago. The grading key online is gone right now, but this is the scoring sheet.

I'm not planning to be a police officer anymore, so this test doesn't mean anything to me anymore.
>>
>>28703431

Oh yeah, I do remember most of how the MMPI-2 works, so ask me any questions.

Generally, a T score that is near 50 is what you want; it's the middle of the bell curve (aka "normal people")

Score considerably higher over 50 and you will be considered a positive X

Score considerably lower than 50 and you will be considered to not have that condition.

However, if you score too low (you answered "false" on all anxiety questions, for example) and you get a T score of, lets say 20 on Hy (Hysteria), the psychologist will reason that you are lying, as most people, even those that are diagnosed with anxiety, score at least 30-50.

If you score too high on something (ex 70 on Hy), you will get points for being very honest, but you will be considered to have very low self esteem for being brutally honest.

This is why keeping your score near 50 is the main goal.

The VRIN TRIN F Fb and Fp measures how consistent your answers are (ex. you answered "true" for a question about something before, but answered "false" for the same question that is reworded differently a few hundred questions later)<<<< That is bad.

L ("Lie") measures whether you answered "true" or "False" for a highly unlikely question. For example, there is a question like "Stabbing doesn't hurt much." If you answered "true" on this to try to look good and macho, you will get a liar point as most, if not all peoplle without a rare disorder experience great pain whilst stabbed. In general, questions that probe for lying are very obvious ex. "I am not afraid of height" (scientifically, 97% of the population is afraid of height in one shape or another), so it's easy to find them.

If you have any more questions, please respond.
>>
>>28703431

Another note is that pic related is what only the psychologist sees; you're neither supposed to have this result sheet, nor know how it works.

I just know how to read this because I'm a psych major.
>>
>>28695452
Wrong

>>28696794
Wrong

>>28698989
You gonna have to wait, you cant just join and go to SWAT, you have to do some years in a patrol unit, not fuck up, take a test, hope they like you as a person
>>28700700
If you get a degree in CJ you might as well just get a degree in underwater basket weaving. They are equally useful

Also go get your EMT cert while your waiting.

>>28703399
Accounting and languages, and doing well in those classes is whats getting you into the Feds. They want people who can problem solve and think, they can teach you the police stuff
>>
>>28700700
>>28702573
departments dont like CJ degrees because they will teach you everything at the academy and a blank slate it better for them than someone who thinks they know everything from college. LITERALLY anything other than cj will be better.
>>
>>28692756
Georgia cop reporting in specifically Augusta area.
>CJ degree is shit
>SWAT is fucking stupid
>Your ass is going to be stuck on patrol
>Its going to be domestic violence calls everyday
>move to a big city and walk the beat its fun and you get to know people.
>fuck your CJ degree too

your gonna learn that its cool for about 2 years than after that its just a fucking job.
>>
>>28703363
>be me
>be in college
>work summer internship/seasonal at govt land management agency
>after college, with degree and prior knowledge/experience got job working for federal land management agency
>after a few years of govt. Service switch jobs within agency to LE
>few more years, training, and experience apply to different federal agency
>be considered and eligible because of prior experience
>get to do cool shit, didn't have to go through military service
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.