[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/- NEET to Operator edition >IRC Channel >implying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: 1440484221925.jpg (347 KB, 853x1090) Image search: [Google]
1440484221925.jpg
347 KB, 853x1090
/meg/- NEET to Operator edition
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Ask questions, answer questions, bitch about Air Force recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor. Just keep it contained to this general you clucks.
>>
>>28669241
>"NEET to Operator edition"

don't kid yourself faggot.
>>
So you've decided to enlist. Good for you. You're not just going to be some POG schmuck, though. You're going to operate. Trying to decide which Special Operations unit you're going to join, though is a lot trickier than it sounds.

Let's go down the list in order from least to most respectable:

Air Force Combat Controllers and Parajumpers are eliminated right off the bat because they're fucking Chair Force. Fuck that. If you're in the Air Force and you're not flying a fighter you've fucked up.

Coast Guard ASTs? Are you kidding me? Coast Guard? Fuck that. You can be a lifeguard at the Y. Stop wasting my time.

Marine Raiders are pretty new so no one knows what they are and no one will care when you tell them you are one. Marines are generally dumb as a box of rocks and you don't want people thinking you're stupid.

Army Rangers should be near the top of anyone's list, but there are some concerns. The last famous Ranger was Pat Tillman and he was shot by his own guys. Half the Army has a Ranger tab on their shoulder so no one will care if you're a real Ranger and it's impossible to tell people you were Army without people thinking you weren't tough enough for the Marines.

Army Special Forces are extremely cool and everyone respects them, but you should be a little iffy on their role. As a Green Beret, you will be doing a lot of helping dirty-ass locals with their problems so that they don't fight back when the Air Force mistakenly bombs one of their tribe's villages. Do you want to be in the Peace Corps or do you want to Operate?

Navy SEALs are at the top of anyone's list. They're hardcore and everyone respects them, but "American Sniper" made them look like a bunch of goofballs except Chris Kyle who was a liar. Also, the Navy's dress uniform is as faggy as the rest of the Navy.

As you can see, there's really no perfect choice, but such is life among the elite warriors of America: you have to sometimes make do with what you're given.

Best of luck!
>>
>>28669241
What about NEET to POG?
Incoming 35G here
>>
>>28670277
Fuckin' deep.

Have fun with intel.
>>
I've always been kind of curious. Are POGs actually that strongly and seriously made fun of in the armed forces, or is it just a running joke sort of thing?
>>
>>28670536
>Are POGs actually that strongly and seriously made fun of in the armed forces, or is it just a running joke sort of thing?

I was in the Marines from 2003-2008. I was an 0861 (an artillery forward observer), so I was a POG, by definition, but I was constantly sent out with infantry companies. No one ever called me POG. (I never called myself a grunt, either.)

There's also some slight disagreement over whether it does or doesn't include all combat MOS. It was originally "pogue" and POG is a backronym.

I've probably heard the term more on these threads than I ever did in the Corps.

If anything, the term was used when talking about people who were super-moto or self-aggrandizing about non-combat jobs. If you fixed trucks, if you took your job seriously, then you were respected. If you blew smoke about how you were actually "basically a grunt" because of that time you manned the fifties in a convoy, no, that's POG.

Lots of Marines I know, grunts and POGs alike, get slightly offended to hear civilians use it. It's like how black people can use the n-word but white people can't. Personally, I don't care one way or the other.
>>
>>28670277
yeah me too, maybe 35G/N/F/M, or 12Y to mix it up
>>
>>28670832
This. There's Marine and Shitbag. Too many distinctions just confuses Marines unnecessarily.
>>
>>28670536

The only people who actually care are filthy unwashed grunts, and true POGs will never interact with them anyways.

True POGs will humor the ego of grunts they encounter, because that's literally all grunts have going for them. "Oh sure, buddy, yeah, I'm a POG and you're an awesome warrior god. I'm going to go back in my hardened air-conditioned building and browse 4chan while you sweep rocks now, okay? Make sure you re-up soon, because unlike me you have zero civilian prospects."
>>
>>28669584
>last famous ranger
>not nicholas irving, or leo jenkins
Rangers have more hvt kill/captures than any other sof
>>
File: confusedandupset.gif (1 MB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
confusedandupset.gif
1 MB, 200x189
>>28671618
>yfw people read the guide and take it seriously.

>"Gee...as an Army Ranger I would indeed have to explain why I wasn't tough enough to be a Marine. I guess I'll have to be a Marine Ranger."
>>
>>28670832

This.

I'd only add you will never understand the internal cringe/kek as an 0311 hearing a turbopog unironically saying and believing, "Every Marine is a Rifleman"
>>
>>28671897
The Marines have POGs? I thought all their non-combat work was done by Navy staff.
>>
>>28671923

>been talking to marine pogs, haven't you.
>>
Just out of curiosity, what are you guys' reasons for wanting to serve?
>>
>>28672088
peace, love, and understanding
>>
>>28672088
I'm from buenos aires and i say kill em all
>>
>>28672088

Love, peace, and chicken grease
>>
>>28672088
Couldn't find a real job.
>>
>>28672088
I honestly had no idea. My gut instinct was to serve and I didn't want to be forty years old wishing that I'd stood up when my country called.

It's easier to say "Fuck, enlisting was a mistake" than it is to spend a lifetime wishing I'd done it.
>>
>>28672088
Free school
Get training for a good civvie career
That TS clearance
Military has always been an experience I wanted to have
>>
>>28672088
i've been a NEET for 12 years straight and got a 99 on the asvab

it seemed better than working for a temp agency desu
>>
>>28672088

All expenses paid living and getting a bunch of free shit from Uncle Sam after. Also shooting full auto funs and getting to operate maybe.
>>
>>28672088

>Be me.
>Work minimum wage job.
>No friends, socially awkward.
>Be failing shitty gen-ed college.
>Grown up who still doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up.
>Video games and hot pockets every night.
>Need to get my shit together.
>Recruiter says 2fat2enlist.
>Drop a ton of weight, still fat but not obese
>Get 99 ASVAB, join Army to work with computers.
>Get sent to military hacker school.
>Everyone else there has a similar story, smart but dunno how to adult and go to college.
>I've found my people.
>Uncle Sam paid for my Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
>Lucked into a job field that is insane money on the outside, and I'm alright at it.

Would do again.
>>
>>28671897
>"Every Marine is a Rifleman"

This one was fun when the female Marines would get into spats with females from other services.

>I went to MCT!
>>
>>28672088
I don't like the real world.
Don't wanna pay rent or be an adult really.
I would just like yo get paid and party with some bros, and from the numerous stories both here and IRL, the peacetime military can give me that.

Plus I technically immigrated here illegally (citizen now) so I feel like I owe something.
>>
When people say "don't go 11B right now because you'll be mopping the sidewalk" or whatever, are they saying that it's not a good job in comparison to what you could be doing in the army, or because it's a legitimately shitty existence?

Because to be honest, after three years of working night shift unloading pallets out of the backs of trucks at a grocery store for just barely above minimum wage, being a janitor with benefits doesn't sound that bad.
>>
>>28672298
>12 years straight
How old were you when you enlisted? I'm getting up there and feel like i'm too old to bother.
>>
>>28672408
Holy shit are you me?
I cannot hack it at real life...
My only question is; Intel or IT?
>>
>>28672421
>>28672088
>Plus I technically immigrated here illegally (citizen now) so I feel like I owe something.
same for me
>>
>>28672445

There are definitely civilian jobs that are worse than peacetime infantry, but if you're already going through all the trouble of enlisting, why not grab a cushier job or one with more civilian applications?
>>
>>28672462
Sup fellow immigrant
What country?
Dual citizen?

Mexico here, but raised here since infant.
>>
>>28672497
Peru came when i was 6
nah dropped that bitch for my clearance coming up, shame but whatever its worth it
>>
>>28669199
i'd say im somewhat lean but i do have that anterior tilt going on, its been at least a week or so. should the bar touch the chest? ive heard arguments of yes and no because of shoulder pressure it may cause, which it does for me since one of my shoulders is like caved in a bit
>>
>>28672538
I just realized I literally cannot get clearance because of Mexican citizenship laws.

Basically, I was right on the edge of a new law that decrees any person born on Mexican soil is a citizen, no matter what. But searching online all over the place has told me I cannot relinquish it.
Fug.

/meg/, what are some good non-clearance jobs?
Or, does anyone know how to relinquish Mexican citizenship? I've looked at other forums asking the same question and the Mexican consulates are always uncooperative.
>>
Why do people stress having at least a 90's AFQT here?

Would it be better to retake the ASVAB with an 82 AFQT or is it fine?
MOS I want is 35M, and I intend on scheduling the DLAB sometime next month
>>
>>28672663
Wait nvm found out there is a disqualifying checklist, which I'm not part of

its all good
>>
>>28672679
82 is probably fine, depending on your line scores.

90+ just means you pretty much qualify for all jobs without even looking at line scores. It's a good mark to shoot for so you have maximum options.
>>
File: mexican frog 1.jpg (87 KB, 627x763) Image search: [Google]
mexican frog 1.jpg
87 KB, 627x763
>>28672714
nice gl then my chicano friend
>>
>>28672471
>peacetime infantry

This is the operative term. If I were going in during peacetime, I would most definitely go into an interesting job with good opportunities for education and post-enlistment employment.

In wartime, though, going in as a non-combat MOS...I don't know...seems like going in halfway to me.
>>
>>28672810

Ding ding ding.

Or be like >>28671594. Bitter as fuck.

We all get the damn GI Bill.
>>
>>28672810
>In wartime, though, going in as a non-combat MOS...I don't know...seems like going in halfway to me.

Halfway my ass, most people can contribute way more to the mission as a POG than as a bullet sponge. E3s in intel can be the go-to subject matter experts for a division commander (O7), while E3s in infantry are trying to shave well enough to get their platoon leader (O1) off their back.
>>
>>28672789
Thanks for the clarification
>>
>>28672871
Hey, just my personal opinion. Those who serve do so in different capacities and for different reasons.

In the civilian world, though, no one cares. Veteran is veteran and no one ever asks what you actually did, for fear of triggering PTSD.

>Be supply clerk
>Truck from Staples was delayed for three days because of snowstorm
>I can still hear the screaming in my dreams.
>Paper clips! Where are the fucking paper clips?! My organization system!
>>
>>28672679
35M here. Just curious, what interests you about this MOS? My advice. Do well on the DLAB. Pass the DLPT, get language pay. Try to get Airborne either before you enlist or somepoint at AIT or DLI. I'm a language-less faggot stuck in the 101. Life is gay.
>>
>>28672957
God damn, I really want someone to write a comedy military show about a POG now.
>>
>>28672957

>In the civilian world, though, no one cares. Veteran is veteran and no one ever asks what you actually did, for fear of triggering PTSD.

Not what they said when I got hired. They basically said "The only reason we can hire you at this grade is that you did the same job in the military for four years, otherwise we would be starting you at the 'only has a Bachelor's degree' level."
>>
>>28672974
Wanted to get some work in HUMINT (Always interested me) and learn a language, then go OCS and try to sneak my way into some corner of intel before getting the boot and going to work in some Alphabet Agency or Defense contractor

This is how it'd go ideally but it probably wont knowing my luck, but fuck it why not try?
>>
File: 25277768_p0.jpg (188 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
25277768_p0.jpg
188 KB, 700x525
Hey guy, I'm leaving tomorrow. I just wanna thank all of you guys for all of your advice, especially /fit/bro.

MOS: 35F
Weight: 179 (5'10)
1 Mile run: 7:49~
Pushups: 36
Situps: 39

Gonna make it, will post before and after when I get back. I'm sure I'll lose a lot of weight since I'm still pretty fat.
>>
>>28673082
Good luck man
>>
>>28673082
good luck bro
>>
>>28673077

If you want to pull that off:

1. Be actually good at your language. There's a huge difference between those who hold a language because their job says they have to and those who actually put in the time/effort to maintain it. It's like PT, you can't stop working out and expect to stay in shape language-wise.

2. Get your degree in something that isn't bullshit. That usually means STEM from a real school, not Criminal Justice from Phoenix.

3. Be able to maintain a high level of clearance, including being able to pass a full-scope polygraph.

In the civilian world, those three things are more important than all of your military awards/rank put together.
>>
>>28673005
I think it depends on what job you did in the military vs what job you do as a civilian.

My military job had next to no civilian application. (If you have a large cannon and would like someone to locate targets for you, I'll forward you my resume.)
I'm a computer programmer now. When I got hired, they saw my degree and they probably saw the nice little tax write-off they get for hiring veterans.

Among the non-veterans in the office I get asked nothing more than the following:
>What branch were you in?
>Did you go to Iraq/Afghanistan?

Asking more than that is impolite, apparently.
>>
>>28673082
Hooah! Good luck!
>>
>>28673077
I see. Well, you know that HUMINT is a thing which is more than I could say for myself when I enlisted. Your plan isn't bad or impossible. It's going to take some work however. And honestly, a lot of luck.
>>
I had an IEP in highschool, basically I had a counselor who talked to me about me doing homework.
I was not formally diagnosed but the school district basically told me I had aspergers or autism or whatever it was.
I function entirely normally and it was really just some bullshit because my mother pushed for it because she couldnt accept she was an abusive whore.

Tldr does aspergers diagnosis, never took meds, bar you from enlisting in army or marines
>>
>>28673165
Sorry. You are literally too retarded for the Marines.

If you still want to serve, you can always be a medical test subject.
>>
>>28673121
Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it

As for language tips, what do you do to keep up? Talk to natives, listen to media, read etc, or would it be better to blend it all together?
>>
>>28673212
As someone learning nip go find one of those websites that let you talk to people and read.
>>
>>28673268
Alright, thanks for the advice man

>>28673162
Maybe I'm being a bit dreamy, but I honestly think if I work at it enough it'll something will come out of it.

>>28673165
Go to a doc and determine if you actually have aspergers, if you don't know if it's a formal diagnosis.
>>
>>28673356
If it's not a formal diagnosis, am I safe? What constitutes formal? It's not on my medical record if that's what you mean
>>
>>28673394
they cant check your records anyway, just dont piss in your pants at the physical or do drugs the night before meps or inhale while doing the breathalizer and they wont know youre retarded
>>
>>28673438
Thanks man I was fucking scared. I'm not retarded I was just awkward as fuck in middle school with some shitty parents.
Apparently it was an educational diagnosis anyways, not a legit one, not sure of the difference to MEPS though.
I think I'll just shut the fuck up at MEPS because if I don't get in I'll probably end up being depressed about any route I go, I think I can risk the charge.
>>
File: ndsaw-1.jpg (45 KB, 580x319) Image search: [Google]
ndsaw-1.jpg
45 KB, 580x319
>>28673560
>I'm not retarded
its ok little boy, where are your parents?
>>
>>28673595
Kek
>>
How do I go about flying helos or planes ? I've got 20/80 vision correctable to perfect, no colorblindness, I'm in shape and have a STEM degree.
>>
It has boiled down to this: fly a plane, or try to operate?
>>
>>28673822
Street to seat in the Army or OCS/OTS with a slot in flight school.
>>
>>28670536
POG isn't even an insult, just a descriptor of "grunt" or "POG". >>28670832 basically sums it up
>>
>>28671923
Technically everyone is a pog except for 11b/c and 03xx MOS's.

>>28672421
good for you stepping up anon
>>
>>28672637
Google for a video demonstrating bench press form. Make sure you squeeze the bar to stabilize your wrists, and the bar should be lowering to around the bottom of your ribcage, but be pretty much directly above your shoulders when you have to locked up. Most people have bad bench form, because they assume it's intuitive.
>>
>>28673082
Good luck anon! You warm my heart. I'm glad I could help you.
>>
>>28674614
holy hell its my wrists that bend back ive noticed that
>>
>>28674614
Bottom of ribcage? No. Should be in line with your sternum.

Don't flair elbows out like he said.
>>
>>28672088
Welfare queen
>>
File: barchestplacement[1].jpg (53 KB, 713x300) Image search: [Google]
barchestplacement[1].jpg
53 KB, 713x300
>>28674807
It should be touching just below your nipple on your sternocostal head. Should be like pic related.
>>
>>28672088
>I'm from buenos aires and i say kill em all

No, but really, I see the military as an opportunity to escape this liberal hippyshit world without suicide.
Every day my capacity to hold my tongue to keep in line with this politically correct bullshit is being pushed to it's limit.
Can't even say the word faggot in a private discussion with my friend without some landwhale at my community college calling me out for it.
Unbelievable.
>>
I plan on holding off enlisting until my double jaw surgery and braces are removed.
They are going to put thin metal plates in my face for the surgery, is this going to affect my ability to join the military?
>>
>>28675479
Your sternum...like I said lol. Sternum is not the bottom of your ribcage.
>>
>>28675495
I have bad news for you, my friend.
1. the military is nearly as politically correct as the civilian world.
2. the military doesn't tolerate being an asshole any more than the civilian world does.
>>
>>28672130
Nice try Rico
>>
>>28675827
Well as long as you have your bracers you have to be put on non-deployable status.
>>
Not from America but quessing you can still help me out here.

What exactly counts as a "serious illness"? had lyme disease several years ago but it was discovered and cured in stage 1.
>>
bump!

>the other 2 faux/meg/s are way more active
>>
File: Bombs Away Lemay.jpg (2 MB, 1169x1700) Image search: [Google]
Bombs Away Lemay.jpg
2 MB, 1169x1700
>>28672088
Airfag here

Grew up near a massive Air Force base so since childhood I always thought the Air Force was some cool shit. You don't show a 5-6 year old an SR-71 and not expect him to think that's the coolest shit ever. Then I ended up like this anon after high school >>28672408

Now here I am, almost two decades later, and I can't see myself being anywhere or doing anything else. The Force is my life, and my blue brothers that I work with are what keeps me happy to get up in the morning and report to duty.
>>
>>28678372
do you hide your cartoon girl obsession from your superiors or do you flaunt it?

>anime is probably why morale patches were discontinued
>>
>>28675479
>>28676665
i'd stir her numb if you catch my drift
>>
>>28675495
sorry mate.
1. the military is at least as politically correct as the civilian world (offend somebody = they don't want to join = fewer floor moppers and button pushers)
2. currently you get called out meaninglessly for saying faggot, in the military you might get a disciplinary action on your record that will affect your career for saying it.
>>
>>28678561
I do neither. It's completely unprofessional to walk up to them and start talking about how nice 2D girls are, but at the same time, I haven't sperged like an idiot when they've inspected my room and seen my figures.

In the military, nobody can judge you for your hobbies if you're professional at work and aren't a shitbag. Better to be a weeaboo with Chinese plastic dolls than to be the party type who gets an article 15 after being hit with a DUI.
>>
>>28678631
they understand the kid that gets the dui, though. they cringe in disgust at your dolls, then laugh about it later with the other people that determine your future
>>
>>28678682
The real world isn't like high school, anon.
>>
>>28678785
>its not like kindergarten, either
>>
File: DSC_0180.jpg (4 MB, 4888x3250) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0180.jpg
4 MB, 4888x3250
>>28678818
>implying
My squadron commander (Lt. Col) did a room inspection last month, saw my dolls, and proceeded to talk about Dragonball Z, Highschool DxD, and other ecchi shit.

There's all kinds of weirdoes in the AF.
>>
>>28678889
fucking gross, dude
>>
>>28676665
The bottom of your sternum is the bottom of the front of your ribcage. I wasn't sure what you were trying to say since "in line with your sternum" makes more sense as holding the bar aligned with your head and feet, since your sternum is at a right angle to the bar. "in line with your sternum" could mean anything from proper form, to poor form, to suicidal form.
>>
Who here went to Miami MEPS?
>>
>>28672408
I'm 18 and ship off to Parris Island in September and I feel like my life is working out like yours did, not being able to adult properly, etc.
I might be doing the BY program or whatever it's called (I got a 92 on the ASVAB and the recruiters talked me into picking it, guess I'm too smart to pick what I want) and I'll be doing electronics maintenance. In my free time I'll workout and pursue a degree and maybe I'll make decent money to come back to Miami.
I want to be a Raider before I get out, though.
>>
>>28679586
i did
>>
>>28679891
Branch?
>>
>>28679922
navy, are you asking about that marine again?
>>
>>28679936
Yeah. The Marine liaisons at MEPS were funny.
Literally grasping at straws to smoke out some imperfections and DQ you.
Did the other branches do the Good Cop/Bad Cop routine that Ortiz and Soto did?
>>
>>28679956
i just got my physical and left, the army guy doing the powerpoint and blood thing seemed like a cool guy, kept clocking a high blood pressure and let me try again a few times
>>
>>28679997
Oh. When I did MEPS I took the ASVAB first in the morning then spent the rest of the day doing the physical.
>>
Got into a 4 year college, want to be a naval aviator when I get out. Thing is, my school only has an army ROTC program. What do? And will my major/grades affect my chances of being a pilot?
>>
>>28678921
The bar should land on your sternum.

Obviously I wasn't suggesting holding the bar vertical to your legs lol.
>>
Who read fly to basic tomorrow? I am! Not really, but I'm hyped.

27d fort jackson. Hope to see you guys there.
>>
>>28680640
why do you want to be one?
>>
>>28669241
just outta rotc

i scored good enough on asvab and afpt that i can go 37A , would it be a good plan to go 18 series after a few years
>>
File: foto_no_exif(3)~2.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif(3)~2.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Took my pulmonary function test. Diagnosed with asthma, increased diffusion.

What do now guys? I was genuinely looking forward to enlisting in the army. I like guns and I like knowing I'm doing something good in life.
Should I become a cop or quit kidding myself that it's a viable alternative?
>>
>>28680871
Become a wet nurse.
>>
>>28680752
I have a high respect for carrier operations and want to be a part of them.
>>
>>28680747
good luck bro
>>
>>28672408
>Be me.
>Work minimum wage job.
>No friends, socially awkward.
>Be failing shitty gen-ed college.
>Grown up who still doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up.
>Video games and hot pockets every night.
>Need to get my shit together.
Shit, this is me right now.
>>
>>28680871

If you don't have military experience or a bachelor's degree the only department that will hire you is New Orleans.
>>
>>28681212
Associates degree in criminal justice wouldn't be helpful huh?
>>
>140 people at the Hotel tonight

P-pls....
>>
>>28681242

They might let you apply but they won't hire you. The amount of applicants with military experience and/or a bachelor's will leave you completely noncompetitive.
>>
What to expect as a peace time fmf corpsman?
>>
meeting with recruiter Wednesday to schedule ASVAB and DLAB, super stoked

>bonus: recruiter was 35series, which is what i want, so she probably won't try to shove some bs MOS down my throat
>>
>>28678594
>>28677384
Wow this is incredibly dissappointing.
Fucking moody leftists ruin everything for me.
>>
File: Apache_versus_Hind.jpg (46 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Apache_versus_Hind.jpg
46 KB, 720x405
Alright, I need a no-bullshit answer when it comes to Moral waivers.

I'm currently applying for the WOFT Army program. Hoping to fly Apaches or Blackhawks.

I have a few minor run-ins with the cops as a kid. The most recent one was 6 years ago. Stupid stuff, a disordely conduct in 2001 (15 year old prank), open container and disorderly conduct in 2009 (I was taking a leak in a bar parking lot, didn't think there was anyone around) and finally a public intoxication (walking home drunk, struck a conversation up with the cops to be friendly. They weren't friendly).

Anyway, I told my recruiter about these and he goes "We ran a fingerprint background check with the FBI on you, and none of that came up. I wouldn't mention it, it sounds like they just weren't important enough to report. I wouldn't bring it up, it's not in your background check."

So... is that the right move? There's so much conflicing information, with people saying to keep your mouth shut and others saying you'll wind up in Ft Leavenworth for life.

What's the real deal?
>>
>>28681941
as long as you aren't a felon or drug addict, they don't give a shit
>>
>>28669250
maybe he got a job in a call center?
>>
>>28669250

Its a joke, Anon.
>>
>>28681941
Keep your mouth shut.
Repeat after me:
>I never had any run-ins with the law.
>I never did any drugz
>I never had any major illness.
>I have never been in a hospital.
>I have never broken any bones.
>I never had health insurance.
Got it? Repeat it to yourself until you start to actually believe it a little bit.
>>
Ricky, got some questions for ya.

How does getting into LRS work at 82nd? I see the usual selection courses and all that, but is there also orders for incoming personnel?

Staying opsexy, I've looked up a fair bit and it seems a lot of LRS Co have been disbanded and it looks as if there may only be one left that is under the umbrella of XVIII? So if a person is in any BCT, can they go to this selection course that you know of?

Preesh if you reply.
>>
>>28682453
Also, how was your experience as LRS in the 82nd? LRS seems to always be put on PSD; but in garrison it seems to have great opportunities. I figure it would be even much moreso at the 82nd.
>>
>>28680871
You can be a cop with asthma.

Shitloads of cops have fucking diabetes and they're fine as long as you aren't dying.
>>
>>28681536
Treating STDs.
>>
>>28682453
>>28682492
Oh also, I have no idea how sniper section works in the 82nd either.
>>
>joining the rainbow soup sandwich coalition of non specific gender pronouns
>>
>>28682785
where do i sign?
>>
>>28682797
On the non offensive racial equality circle of no segregation
>>
>>28681941
You posted this before.
48G told you that you were basically fucked.

Did you suddenly get unfucked?
>>
>>28681536
>peace time fmf corpsman

"Hey Doc, could you take a look at this?"
>pleasedon'tbehisdickpleasedon'tbehisdick
"Sure, Lance Corporal, let me just HOLY FUCK WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR DICK?"

Then there's:

"Hey Doc, could you glue this wound back together for me? I can't do it with one hand and I already glued the other hand to my balls."

And there's always:

"Hey Doc, a...uh...friend of mine got...something stuck."
"Just tell me what it is, Private."
"It's an umbrella handle."
"OK, let me sterilize my channellocks."
>>
>>28682877

Yeah, I went to the recruiter today and he said there was nothing on my FBI background check. I'm not sure if this changes things or not.
>>
>Be britfag
>wanted to join REME at 16
>parents say no, can't join without their permission
>Go to uni instead
>uni is shit, only good bit is TA
>Dropped out of uni
>Currently living on friends sofa
>Want to join

How should I deal with explaining why I dropped out of an engineering degree at a good uni?

I just fucking hated the theoretical stuff, I like working with my hands
>>
>>28683066
>there was nothing on my FBI background check

Well then nothing of consequence happened.
If the cops never actually filled out an incident report, then you're fine.

If they filled out an incident report, a more in-depth search will reveal it and you may have to answer some questions, even if no charges were filed.
>>
>>28683066
i went to AF recruiter and was honest, he said "you need a waiver, bruh". so when i meet with army recruiter i'm not going to say anything

>i spent 4 hours in jail for a misdemeanor, and THIS guy is good?
>>
>>28681785
>Fucking moody leftists ruin everything for me.

This has nothing to do with leftists. At no point has being an asshole ever been acceptable behavior.

If you want to join an organization that hates all the things you do and thinks exactly like you do, you're not looking for the military, you want a cult.

You may not realize this, but the political breakdown in the military is almost identical to that of the US population on the whole: about 1/4 Republicans, 1/4 Democrats, and 1/2 don't care one way or the other.
>>
I was thinking of trying to join the French Foreign Legion, but they will probably not accept me, I'm in good shape, but not amazing as I have heard you need to be. I speak English fluently, and French, Spanish and Russian almost semi-decently.
Are there any other countries that have something like the french foreign legion but are less selective? I dont even care if its a third world shithole
>>
>>28678682

Sounds like you got a shitty Chad-unit, bro.

One of my former commanders literally told me he joined the Air Force after failing to go pro at Star Craft. Certain parts of the military are nerd as fuck.
>>
>>28683339
Any Kurdish milita.
>>
>>28680640
Your grades absolutely affect your chances. Your major matters only in that if you have a STEM degree your GPA will be weighted slightly to account for a more difficult course load. If your school only has Army ROTC, you can do OCS after you graduate. I'm actually planning on trying to be a Naval Flight Officer, and my school doesn't have NROTC either, so that's what I'm planning on.

>>28680652
I guess maybe you don't know this but the sternum goes from the middle of your torso to like your collarbone. /fit/s right, that could be basically anywhere on your chest
>>
>>28683524
Im scared to google this because i dont want the NSA to think I'm a terrorist.
Are the Kurds USA approved? If I don't die I wanna come back
is this a thing or are you memeing on me?
>>
>>28672088
I messed up going into adulthood, and I want to better myself. The job market here in Kentucky sucks too.

I'm going into the Air Force, but now matter how small my contribution is, this is also a chance for me to give back to the country my ancestors built.
>>
>>28683097
If you couldn't hack college tell them that you were on track to waste your life and if you couldn't finish college you're gonna do something meaningful, you're an adult now anyway.
>>
>>28683567
>Are the Kurds USA approved?
Kurds are literally the #1 ISIS enemy behind Russia, why would the United States not approve of them?
>>
>>28683567
The Kurds are USA approved but United States of America Approved- ie the US tends to support the Kurds but they're not an official ally. If you don't renounce your citizenship or something you should be able to return but you will probably get interrogated about what you did in the middle east and get put on a terrorism watchlist for the rest of your life.
>>
File: 1451188553317.jpg (1 MB, 2437x3296) Image search: [Google]
1451188553317.jpg
1 MB, 2437x3296
>>28683609
>#1 ISIS enemy
>why would the United States not approve of them?
You cant be this stupid
>>
I got CBRN as my MOS, anyone here got some tips for training? Stories? I'm in the army if that matters.
>>
>>28684231

You have no real job in 2016 and will be assigned to random duties. Could be good or bad depending on how many fucks you give about it.
>>
>>28683546
I do know that, but using the word sternum in conversation refers to a specific point of the sternum, right around the heart, just as esophagus refers to the upper portion when used in conversation, not the base that connects to the stomach.

Its semantics, but I'm not wrong. A 'sternum rub' refers to a specific point where stimulation is very potent, and that point is where the barbell should fall, right at the bottom of the pectorals.
>>
>>28683097
You don't have to tell them shit dude. If you don't want to lie or just ignore answering, say something along the lines of, "I didn't want to waste money and time on something I wasn't passionate about."
>>
Alright so I just got back from talking to the Navy recruiters.

They popped a boner at my score of 80 on the practice asvab, apparently that's bretty gud around my parts.

They were mentioning Nuke.

I've heard bad things about Nuke.

But I've also heard nuke pays dosh.

Should I even consider it?
>>
>>28677636
I understand that, I mean more along the line of after my braces.
Like, are the metal plates they use to hold my bones together post surgery going to DQ me from Marines/Navy?
>>
>>28684450
Depends
Are you even remotely interested in going nuke?
>>
>>28684450
Your pay depends on your rank. I'm not Navy but I'm pretty sure you'll get what's called 'danger pay', 'seperation pay', and probably some sort of special skill pay flr being a nuke.

You'll be living on a sub for long periods of your time. But once you get out you'll have a six digit job with that job.

So do you want to do whatever for 3-6 years for a cush job for the rest of your life? Or are you looking for a unique experience and you'll do whatever afterward?
>>
>>28684450
The only thing about Nuke that piqued my interest, was the STA-21 program my recruiter told me about.
Basically if you're a good student you have the chance of being offered a position in a program to get your commission and be a nuclear officer.
That is the ONLY thing that made it seem worth it to me, because I've heard Nuke is a pretty rough life for the small benefits you get.
>>
>>28684450
You should consider every option. Never dismiss (or accept) something based on rumor, do your own research and figure out how it applies to you.

If you have the scores for nuke, they will push nuke. It's tough to fill so anyone who can take that slot will be pressured to do so.

You get some incentive pay, fast promotion, and hefty re-up bonuses. However, you more than make up for it in the hours and effort you put in.

There's a civilian market for it, but there's a civilian market for other job fields that don't require you to live the nuke life too. Basically if you otherwise had no interest in nuke, don't bother. The money isn't worth doing something you hate for several years.
>>
>>28684485
I don't really have a preference. If it pays well, lets me see the world, and lets me take at least SOME time off to go pound foreign pussy while the carrier I'm working on is stationed somewhere, I figure why the fuck not?

Buuuuuut that being said, I've heard that nuke is one of those jobs that only idiots and people who get rused into signing up for it, sign up for.

I want to hear the cons of nuke from you guys. I'm sure my recruiter will have no problem telling me all the pros.
>>
If you require a security clearance can they see your shitposts on here?
I've made some pretty vulgar shitposts over the last few years, nothing illegal, but definitely some things that I wouldnt want my recruiter to see
>>
>>28684578
Yes, if you've ever posted ANYTHING online they will find it.
Sorry bro.
>>
>>28684231
Officer CBRN or just enlisted CBRN?
>>
Is it true that there is no 2 year scholarship for NROTC marine option applicants?
That really sucks. That almost makes me want to Army rotc instead.
>>
>>28684538

Cons:

Fairly decent chance you don't actually graduate from school and become a nuke in the first place. That means you're getting sent off to some job you didn't pick, hopefully something that isn't shit.

Longer working hours. Longer initial contract (usually a downside). Less time not only for leisure but to work on yourself (physical fitness, education). Culture could be a con depending on what you enjoy (other nukes will tend towards the nerdy side). You will travel, but you get to spend less time seeing the sights than everyone else. You usually have to maintain a clearance and be drug tested or you're unemployable, even after you leave the military. It isn't the job field to pick if you want to get out and 420 erryday.

None of this matters if you're the kind of person who actually enjoys being a nuke. The problem is that people get pressured into it who aren't really interested in it. They join for the extra money and quickly realize it isn't worth it.
>>
>>28684675
Enlisted, ive always been intersted in chemistry and all thr stuff in the name so if I like it I might go officer.
>>
>>28684798
When you get to CBRN school you will realize that 90% of your peers were also told "You're basically a chemist" by their recruiter and shown a bunch of chemistry bullshit videos.

CBRN doesn't do any chemistry. Heck, they don't do anything at all unless WW3 starts. Your unit will love you though, since getting a new CBRN guy is basically getting a surplus "do all the details because they have no real job" soldier.
>>
>>28684798
CBRN guys just do every tasking in the battalion and slave away in the S3 office forever not doing their job other than the rare time that a gas chamber is required
>>
>>28684798
>>28684831

Asked my CBRN buddy the last time he did something CBRN-related since getting out of school.

He said he got to simulate "decontaminating" people during a field exercise once. Got to scrub them between the buttcheeks with a sponge on a stick. Sounds like the life. You have a lot to look forward to, anon.
>>
So is there anyway to be sure that I qualify for top secret clearance?

The thing is that my father (who is a u.s. citizen and has served in the army for 20+ years and also worked in a DEA chem lab ) was born in a country that is VERY hostile to the U.S. and the recruiter said I wouldn't qualify but I don't trust my recruiters since they are not knowledgeable in anything. Also the fact that they half assed my application for asvab and marked me for a u.S. citizen by naturalization when in fact I am a u.S. citizen born abroad with consular birth certs and all

With that being said will the recruiters fuck up on the forms screw me over later?
>>
>>28685092
Just make sure you write down on the form that you don't like Canada anymore and that you spit in their general direction
>>
>>28685092
No just maybe clear it up ion the "addtional info" section or whatever
theyve given clearances to hajjis from goatfuckistan dont stress so much. any govt connections or anything like that? business interests?
>>
>>28685120
>>28685111

Thanks. And no I don't have any govt connections. In addition I renounced my other citizenship so I'm now fully American. Although my mother still retains dual citizenship.
>>
>>28685092
If he's a citizen then there's no issue.
>>
>>28683567
There are certain Kurdish groups which are considered terrorists. It's complicated because we don't want to piss off the Turks.
>>
>>28685614
my recruiter i'm meeting with Wednesday says i can schedule ASVAB in the morning and DLAB same night. anything else i should ask if i want to go 35series? should i ask for airborne option?
>>
>>28685673
>anything else i should ask if i want to go 35series?

Uhh... nothing that your recruiter can tell you. 35 series is a broad field though, you gotta know what you want to do.

>>28685673
>should i ask for airborne option?

Up to you and what you want to be when you grow up. Me, personally? Nope.
>>
>>28685723
i had a good idea what i wanted until the 35m vs 35f match the other night.

i guess i mean, what should i do to advance quicker and do well in my field. i assumed take the DLAB, but then what? they wouldn't send me to language school after AIT, correct? so i'd be doing that in my own time?
and i mentioned airborne because of the variety it might provide, am i wrong in thinking this?
>>
>>28685825
As a new soldier, there's three secret tricks to advance quickly and do well.

1) Be in the right place
2) Be there at the right time
3) Be wearing the right uniform

That's it, that's everything that you have to do in order to succeed.

>airborne because of the variety

Noooooope, you've got that backwards. Airborne means you have no variety. If you go airborne, there's only one kind of unit that you will go to, and only four different bases that type of unit is on. Yeah, it's "high speed" and all that shit, but you severely limit your choices of cool shit to do and cool places to go by being airborne. The Army is in a million places around the world, and as junior enlisted, you can go to any of them.

Let me give you an example. One of my soldiers was reenlisting, and could use that to get any duty station of her choice. One of the bases that was available to her was Bucholz Army Airfield. Go ahead and look that shit up on google maps.
>>
File: 10-article-2524082-1a1b3f7b.jpg (174 KB, 964x502) Image search: [Google]
10-article-2524082-1a1b3f7b.jpg
174 KB, 964x502
>>28685974
48G, I honestly have an erection right now.
>>
>>28685974
>that place
who did she piss off?

yeah i get it about the airborne route. i assumed you'd get tapped on the shoulder for cool/special shit more often, or just be generally more useful if you're airborne qualified.

how does the language thing work that i asked about? i don't know any second languages, but i'm not opposed to learning more. is it more "do it at your own pace?" in which case, should i even bother with DLAB?
>>
>>28673121
oh fuck, not him, but looking at a justice systems major in a small, but well respected state uni. Is it a meme degree? Would I totally be wasting my time? For reference, I aspire to work for an alphabet agency and have thus far maintained just above a 3.0.
>>
>>28673595
It's nice to know that the three indicators of a good life they put on this advert, indicators that even a guy with down syndrome has, are all things that I don't have even a good prospect lined up for. How did I fuck up so horribly already that I don't even have a single one? Damn.
>>
>>28686229
Maybe you have super downs or something?
>>
>>28686229
Well that dude looks like the Chad of the downy world so I wouldn't be too upset.
>>
>>28686171
>Meme degree
For an Alphabet Agency, probably yes.
FBI might take you.
>>
>>28686082
>yeah i get it about the airborne route. i assumed you'd get tapped on the shoulder for cool/special shit more often

No. Airborne school is so short/cheap/easy, that if you get picked for special/cool, it's the least of their worries in getting you trained for whatever cool shit you're about to go do.

>generally more useful if you're airborne qualified.

Useful? Ehhhhhh.... probably not. I'd bet a large sum of money that we'll never do a brigade sized or larger combat jump ever again.

You get some promotion points for it, and more if you're actually on jump status, but none of those matter until E-5.

>how does the language thing work that i asked about? i don't know any second languages, but i'm not opposed to learning more. is it more "do it at your own pace?" in which case, should i even bother with DLAB?

DLAB is basically only important if you want to be a linguist. They're having you take it to see if you qualify for 35P.
>>
>>28686252
Oh good, that's one of the ones that I was looking at.
>>
>>28686270
Yeah something to do with justice and service in Intelligence or MP's would probably increase chances of getting into the FBI.
Just be aware a lot of intel guys are also gunning for FBI jobs, so be prepared to work hard during and after you get out to better your chances.
>>
What do If youve done Marijuana recreational but will need a clearance. Lie at meps and tell truth on sf86? Lie on both? Tell truth on both?
Honestly how hard is it to get a waiver? I highly doubt places like colorado, California and other states don't grant waivers for smoking weed a couple times
>>
>>28686254
ah ok, thank you for clearing that up. that's 2 items i can remove from the list so i don't look like an asshole/waste anyone's time with.

as always, thanks for answering my questions bro
>>
>>28686254
>You get some promotion points for it, and more if you're actually on jump status, but none of those matter until E-5.
Can you elaborate? I'll be enlisting next year as an E-4...
>>
>>28686327
Please respond
>>
>>28685974
Nigga what.

With airborne as 35 series you could end up in that cush life as support for an SF group.
>>28686082
You could still end up at Bragg, but you you could go anywhere where an SF group is as airborne 35 series.
>>
>>28669241
so i'm currently thinking about getting into ROTC and if i do seek a commission i eventually want to be in the Ranger Regiment. I'm wondering if any of you guy's know what officer MOS' qualify for the 75th or is it strictly Infantry Officers.
>>
>>28687369
I believe it is strictly Infantry officers

I could be wrong though.
>>
File: todieornottodie%0A.jpg (725 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
todieornottodie%0A.jpg
725 KB, 2560x1920
Would Maritime Enforcement Specialist in the coast guard be considered operator or glorified water cops?
>>
>>28687539
Who gives a shit if something is "considered" operator? Do you care? Do you care if other people care?

Get your fuckin priorities straight and then ask the right questions
>>
>>28687740
I'm asking because of rather not spend 4 months studying law religiously just to push pencils and bust people for boating licences all the time.
>>
>>28672408
No idea if you're still in the thread, but I thought I'd ask: how fat were you when the recruiter said you were "2fat2enlist," and how much weight had you lost before you tried again?
>>
>>28687369
Regiment is just like any other infantry unit: Mostly made up of infantry, but they still have staff like everyone else, which will include nearly every branch of officer.

An officer basing their career plan on being in regiment is a terrible idea. The chances that it will happen are nearly zero, because it's at least 80% luck. Can't tell you how many infantry captains I've seen ragequit the Army when they realized that they would never be in regiment.
>>
>>28687151
Even if you include SF support, you've got much fewer choices than a non-airborne 35. Realistically, you're going to end up in garrison at Bragg and Richardson checking JPAS for a living while your buddies are chilling at an INSCOM unit, most of which are in fantastic locations.
>>
>>28686396
Elaborate on what?

You're not eligible for E-5 for eternity anyway, regardless of enlisting as an E-4. I know it sounds like you'll be way ahead of your peers, but that's not really what happens.
>>
So I want to go army NG in washington state. Should i talk to a recruiter as a first step?
>>
>>28672088
I can't find a job and my long term goal is to work in the DoD anyway. It seems like a decent fit.
>>
File: bg_infil.jpg (233 KB, 920x580) Image search: [Google]
bg_infil.jpg
233 KB, 920x580
I'm looking for some National Guard information.

From what I've been able to figure out there's no Special Forces National Guard unit in Georgia, but there is one in the nearby states of Alabama, Florida, and North Carolina.

How does a rep 63 contract work after all of the training has finished?

Do you have to live in the state your unit is in or just report there twice a month or whatever?
>>
I can answer some questions about the Navy buds program. I made it to phase 2 and then an instructor who had it out for me pretty much drowned me in the pool. If they don't like your vibe they will give you an impossible obstacle.

I was rerated to IT. Going into the special operations IT program in the coming year. Job entails setting up comms/other equipment and apparently some actual interesting work with seal teams. That's as close as I'll ever be to an operator.
>>
>>28687539
When I was in IT school I talked to Coast Guard quite often.

Some do long deployments against cartels and some of their stories were quite intense.
>>
I got my bachelor's and finished with a 2.94 overall gpa (my degree was in economics). Am I completely fucked in all my ocs/ots prospects? I've talked to a National Guard recruiter and he basically said I've got a pretty decent chance there but I'd rather enlist full time.
>>
I'm interested in being a pilot on the air force.
My local school has an AFROTC program and from what I've read AFROTC gets 500 pilot slots each year.
This seems INCREDIBLY competitive.
What are things I can do to maximize my chances of getting a pilot slot?
And what happens if I don't get a pilot slot?
>>
>going to meps
>140+ people this morning
>last 2 times I went there was 1 half full bus
>now there's 4 packed ones

PANIC.EXE
>>
>>28687909

I went from about 50 pounds over the maximum limit to enlist to about 10 (got taped).
>>
>>28689342
>So you're saying there's a chance

Not to burst your bubble, but I have never personally heard of anyone with a sub-3.0 get accepted into OCS, but then, competition varies with the times.

You'd be better off enlisting.
>>
File: 1451398780926.png (18 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1451398780926.png
18 KB, 429x410
>tfw no Krautfag to ask about FWD (Voluntary Military Service)
>>
>>28689622
its all /meg/s fault
>>
>>28683339
Honestly, just get fit enough for the FFL
>>
>>28677384
>the military is nearly as politically correct as the civilian world.
*may not apply to subs
>>
>>28684538
>see the world
Unless they send you to a newcon or something inna middle of a longass availability, what is murphy's law, forty keks, etc...
>>
>>28684831
>>28684874
Not him, but you are able to get a degree through CBRN, right?
>>
>>28677384
I mean, it can, but so long as you aren't around some assclenched officers/NCO's, the military is full of some of the most vulgar and offensive shit talkers this side of Australia
>>
>>28685092
Cruz?
>>
>>28686327
Do not smoke the month before MEPS, and DO NOT TELL THEM YOU SMOKED POT
>>
>>28684450
the extra "dosh" is about equivalent to BAH in nowhere, Alabama
>>
>>28684538
You won't see the world as a nuke unless you're on a fast attack and you will see a lot less in port than your buddies that don't have to be first on and last off. There are better ways than being a nuke to see the world.

>>28684798
I'm a chem major so I thought about it too but then I remember that the only time CBRN do their job is when shit is extremely fucked

>>28687151
>could
yep, but you won't

>>28687369
If you want to be an officer in a coolguy area you better have a 4.0 and be scoring well into the extended scale for PT

>>28687539
They see some of the most action of anyone because there are always smugglers n shit and there's not a whole lot of coast guard personnel.

>>28689342
You can probably get into OCS/OTS but you will have little-no choice in what you do with below a 3.0
>>
File: 1389316137056.jpg (31 KB, 383x409) Image search: [Google]
1389316137056.jpg
31 KB, 383x409
Fun jobs that will let me station around the world as well as give me mental prep to drop an SFAS packet a few years down the line? College degree, 95 AFQT no line scores yet, interested in medicine, human intelligence, and flight.
>>
>>28687151
>>28691088
could what? could do cool shit, or could be stuck at bragg?
>>
File: IMAG0318.jpg (4 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0318.jpg
4 MB, 3024x5376
USAF 1N131 (Geospatial Intel) here. Currently in the airport about to head to basic. Any last minute advice? Pic related, figured I'd take my last chance for a few weeks.
>>
>>28691643
good luck bro, i wanted that job too
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 625x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 625x637
>>28669584
>>28669241
>implying I'm American
Fuckin idiots what about UK?
>>
>>28692155
Sounds like a personal problem
>>
>>28692113
Thanks man, I am excited for it. It should lead to some cool opportunities in the future.
>>
Personally know a Combat Controller that recently got a reenlistment bonus of just over 100k.
Air Force is looking pretty good to me right now.
Don't know how long he's been in though.
>>
>>28691240
support an SF group. Taking a job solely because there is a slightly increased chance of working WITH coolguys is a terrible idea. Take a job you want to do.
>>
>>28692399
CCT is SOF so it makes sense they'd get a huge reenlistment bonus
>>
>>28692399
>>28692897 is right
The fact that a coolguy SOF is getting a high reup bonus is telling of SOF reup bonuses, not of the Air Force. You're not going to get a $100k reup bonus as a maintainer. AF is a quality branch though.
>>
>>28682689
>>28682931

Not that anon but that actually doesn't sound too bad, I was wanting to do FMF Corpsman as well, if not SARC
>>
>>28682438
yup.......don't give any info about your past transgressions. unless you wanna be flagged for piss tests and other surveillance....
>>
>>28691185
Not him but he sounds like me so bumping this question
>>
>>28684578
hahaha....when I got my clearance in 1982 (oldfag) they actually brought up that I had received mail (SWL QSL cards) from soviet Russia in the 70s - I was a shortwave and amateur radio hobbyist - and they brought it up in an interview. Lol......I did manage to get my clearance and was Electronic Warfare for the good old Navy.....but if they had me for postcards from Russia in the 70s, they will damn well be able to dig up your Facebook and 4chin shitposts....
>>
>>28690588

Through CBRN? No. CBRN is not a very technical MOS, especially since you never do your MOS.

Can you work on college in your free time like everyone else? Yes.
>>
>>28693331
seems like a lot of work for nothing
>>
>>28690976

Best way to not get a clearance is to lie.
>>
>>28691643
>Any last minute advice?
When your TI asks for volunteers on dorm details, try to get latrine crew, laundry crew, or shoe aligner, those are the the best things you can do if you suck at making your bed every morning.

You're probably going to Disneyland so you have nothing to worry about. You'll find out what that is when you get there. And learn to hate the number "341".
>>
>>28672124
underrated post
>>
>>28693688
what's so funny about peace love and understanding?
>>
I know these threads are full of Rangers but I've just recently looked into the cool shit the Airforce does.
So quick questions:
1. Is it like the Army where you can secure a contract before MEPS?
2. Is TACP something you can just enlist as?
>>
meeting recruiter tomorrow morning, i think i love her. have any of you fallen for your recruiter?
>>
>>28692897
I doubt rangers are getting 100k reenlistment.
Same for Green Berets for that matter.
Hell I doubt even SEALs get that much
CTTs are badass.
>>
>>28694747
>1. Is it like the Army where you can secure a contract before MEPS?

Yes, more or less, not as much as the Army but a lot more than the Marine Corps.

>2. Is TACP something you can just enlist as?

No.
>>
>>28694783
Article a few months ago said TACP was in very high demand.
How does one go from civ to TACP?
Keep in mind a lot has changed for these guys in the last couple years.
I don't want outdated info.
>>
>>28694777
>CTT
You know what I meant
>>
>>28693452
You're wrong.

>>
>>28694812
TACP has changed. You can go straight in if you want. Tell your recruiter that's what you want to do. If your ASVAB and fitness are up to snuff, you can do it.

>>28694783 is probably thinking of when it only took Airmen with at least a year of experience and a bunch of pre-existing skills.
>>
>>28694747
That guy is mistaken, all Air Force SOF are entry-level, but most of them have very tough selection.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.