[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on joining the french foreign legion? 19 if that has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: FFLegion.jpg (2 MB, 2820x1850) Image search: [Google]
FFLegion.jpg
2 MB, 2820x1850
Thoughts on joining the french foreign legion? 19 if that has any bearing on your answer
>>
>>28652798
If you do join, don't go for infantry. Not like they need more of that anyways.
>>
The legion is overly romanticized IMO
>>
>>28652798
Watch Bear Grylls escape to the legion
Learn French
>>
>>28652807
was thinking engineering
>>
>>28652813
how so?
>>
>>28652846
Yeah, I thought about doing that too. They actually have some decent education choices.
>>
>>28652861

Movies, books, etc
>>
>>28652798
Pretty sure you need atleast some military experience, otherwise they wont let you join.
>>
>>28653008
Not true, they will take in someone who is skilled in a trade or just educated. The real question is, why would be there if you were educated?
>>
>>28653008
No anyone can join who's not wanted by interpol and has eyesight better then +/- 10
>>
>>28653014
Its an education in itself surely?
>>
File: 1452343617137.jpg (34 KB, 323x475) Image search: [Google]
1452343617137.jpg
34 KB, 323x475
>>
>>28653058
Sorry I'm not around here often and didn't see anything the catalog.
>>
File: tumblr_n7cdqnKaxH1smerifo2_500.gif (1 MB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7cdqnKaxH1smerifo2_500.gif
1 MB, 500x213
>>28653026
You learn French in a life or death situation. What more could you want?
>>
>>28653083
exactly
>>
>>28652814
anyone know where i can't watch this free, can't find any links
>>
>>28652798
do it faggot
I'll be proud of you, when I'll see you in Paris.
>>
>>28653135
Going if i don't get into uni, so next year.
>>
Learn french, I mean, try to learn a shitload of basic stuff, they're gonna give you a french/yourlanguage dictionnary anyways, but it helps
They'll talk english at first, but you need to learn french real fast
you better not have had any injuries, they don't like that, but if you want to join engineering, they won't be that much pointy
Learn some shit about the different regiments, for instance what you are looking for is something like the 2nd REG, look forward into it
oh and get /fit/ nigga, this shit is going to be hard as fuck, trust me
Coming from a french milfag, see you someday foreign comrade
>>
>>28653234
I would add, I hope you OP like to run and run and run for hours, in the cold, in the middle of the night, under 35° C...
>>
>>28653255
yeah also if you make it through the end, there a last test, to earn you white képi, its a 3 dayish long march, with full gear and FA-MAS, this shit will be intense
>>
Are there any extra requirements to join the Pioneers, or is it a unit like any other, just combat engineer instead of regular infantry?
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1092x728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1092x728
>in U.S. Army
>medic
>army won't send me to any schools
>can't get airborne, flight medic, ranger, anything
>stuck in a shitty mech unit
>contract is up later this year

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't go to France and join the FFL

>get to live in France
>get to learn a new language
>will be doing the same things I've already been doing anyway
>will be airborne by default
>will do training I wouldn't get in my conventional us army unit
>do my time and apply for French citizenship
>stay in France and go live in the countryside somewhere with my French qt wife

If I'm choosing military as a job anyway, might as well try it
>>
>>28655831
>>will be airborne by default

Uh, not unless you make it into an airborne unit
>>
>>28653023
Also better have perfect teeth, they're really hard on that.
>>
>>28655831
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO_1dEOkb_U

You don't have to become a French citizen in order to join the FFL. Unless they changed that.
>>
>>28655849
>mfw he gets put in mech
>>
>>28655858
I am shocked by that being a requirement of all things. I guess they don't want to throw out money for dental.
>>
>>28655922
He didn't way that.
>>
>>28652798
All criminals desu senpai. Learn french.
>>
>>28655849
True, but I'd like to think that with my prior military experience and being decently /fit/ and a good runner, the chances of me being put in the airborne one are pretty good
>>
>>28655831
Because france will soon be overrun by muslims...again
>>
>>28655831
lose american citizenship
be stuck shooting blackpowder until raped to death by mudslimes.
>>
>>28655943
Yeah, but actually living in France? Eh, they got a good military, but their society is a bunch of edgy hipsters.
>>
>>28652798
Op.. This is an option for me sure, but i don't know much about the military and i don't want to be put in some fucking shit role. I said engineering because that seems to get you more job options post army career but what would actually be the pros and cons of the different options. What even are the options? I know i can't do airborne though because my eyesight isn't good enough.
>>
>>28655977
You don't lose us citizenship. Seriously?
>>
>>28653205
Why not join a fighting force that isn't a glorified after school program for the biggest fuck ups on earth?
>>
It's stupid if you're coming from the US, the FFL is only decent for Yuros who don't have a decent military in their home country to join and 3rd worlders who will do anything for that French citizenship.
>>
>>28656212
What if you're an American with a previous drug arrest. It was expunged but it was felony level charges which were reduced to misdemeanor and expunged. That was 10 years ago but I don't think the US would take me still. I've graduated college though so I'm not a fuck up and I obviously don't touch drugs anymore. Would the ffl take me? What is the maximum age for the US military and the ffl?
>>
>>28656212
I don't know, there is a lot of people in the US Military that have mental issues. I kind of always wanted to go just to learn soldiering and useful skills, but eh, don't really want to be attacked or raped.
>>
>>28656232
>. Would the ffl take me?
Probably, but if they'd take you the |US probably would. Talk to a recruiter.
> What is the maximum age for the US military and the ffl?
35 for US Army. 39.5 for FFL
>>
>>28656257
The US mil has shitbags in it, but you are absolutely retarded if you think the FFL is comparatively sane.
>>
>>28656267
Fair point. I was actually considering it, but I don't think I meet the requirements since my teeth are bad. Oh well, maybe I'll just have to join the Navy instead.
>>
>>28656257
Haha. If you think the people in the US military have mental issues then you are in for a treat in the FFL.

>>28656232
It depends on what branch specifically. The US army has a maximum age of 35 to enlist and the marines have 28 for example.
>>
>>28656267
>>28656309

So basically, they are like the French version of the Marines?
>>
>>28652798
Enjoy being sent to the worst places in the world to fight pointless skirmishes.
>>
>>28655942
It's to discourage brits from joining.
>>
File: 1451808763558.jpg (30 KB, 417x388) Image search: [Google]
1451808763558.jpg
30 KB, 417x388
>new trip
>edgy /pol/tard that calls self Zyklon
>didn't even bother to solve for a hash that starts with !B
>>
>>28655977
You don't lose your citizenship.
>>
ITT people who have never been in or near the Légion
Go to google
Google 'cervens'
Learn things

The FFL is more likely to take people with shitty lives in third world countries or criminals with just enough bad behavior to make life harder for them, but not enough they can not be saved

Learn basic French, go to /int/ for that
Do pull ups and run and push ups
A lot

If you have vision problems, untreated or missing teeth, or any weird other health problems besides minor vision problems, don't even bother showing up.
People tell you there is the same chance to be enlisted wherever you go, do not listen to them, go to Aubagne directly.

Understand there is an 8/9 turn away rate

You do not choose or even have any real impact on your assigned regiment

The Gestapo is terrifying, watch for the mafias and chinamen
>>
>>28657004
>murrican anon
>speaks no foreign languages
>cannot into deutsch
>>
>>28658098
Why would I want to speak an irrelevant, dying language? I know English, which is the lingua franca of the 21st century, and Spanish, to communicate with the spic laborers that work under me. All I need
>>
File: 1453159577015.png (368 KB, 838x791) Image search: [Google]
1453159577015.png
368 KB, 838x791
>>28658107
>this

Chinese might be good too, to welcome our new overlords when the time comes, since its also one of the most spoken languages on earth
>>
>>28658075
This
The FFL doesn't want educated white kids. They want desperate, impoverished scum who have nowhere else to go and no one who will cry for them when they're gone.
>>
>>28658075

So arched feet and slight pectus carinatum are a no-no?
>>
sure if you like getting buttfucked by russians
>>
>>28658607
If it impacts your running or marching ability, it is guaranteed you will not be accepted. If it doesn't, a doctor at Aubagne or Paris 'might' pass your inspection, but that is extremely unlikely. The only medical problems I have seen be passed are minor color blindness, flat feet, or a handful of vision problems that are easily corrected with glasses. Even if you are in perfect shape, are fluent in French, and completely motivated, the chances are slim of you getting in to begin with. However, bonne chance, and remember that you are competing with 150 other men for a slot in Castel.
>>28658671
That does not really happen. The Légion is a modern military that struggles for the government to allow its continued existence, if there were any more publicity issues such as rape being even remotely common, the Légion would lose all funding.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.