[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who just got back from SHOT SHOW 2016 anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6
File: SHOT-Show-02.jpg (120 KB, 930x619) Image search: [Google]
SHOT-Show-02.jpg
120 KB, 930x619
Ask someone who just got back from SHOT SHOW 2016 anything.

Got to attend Range Day, and of course the other three days.
>>
>>28649900
When is MSBS coming out and how much?
>>
How was the food, was it provided there, did you have to go out to get it?
>>
Did the Chinese DDI shotgun feel like junk?

Is the victory a 22/45 killer?

What % of the people were women?
>>
>>28650416
you're supposed to buy the food at hilarious prices. that's how convention centers work.
>>
>>28649900
Please, tell us, was Larry Vickers Butthurt audible throughout the convention center?!?! How many people did he stop to see if they knew him?!?

I must know. For science.
>>
>>28650416
I didn't eat at the Show itself, just walked over to the Palazzo where I was staying and ate at one if their Restaurants, during the convention.

Delmonico, Lavo, and the Grand Lux were the go to, and were all awesome. If you're a cool kid there are also a few hidden lounges that have completely catered food, open bar, and a quiet atmosphere tucked away at the conference, so I ate there a couple of times.

After, I was either at a party which had catered food, or snuck over to other hotels to grab a bite.

>>28650409
Didn't talk to their reps.

>>28650433
Didn't touch it.

Looks cool.

A good chunk. With booth babes, probably 30-40%.

>>28650732
Not really. I walked by him one day as he was walking back to the BFG booth. He didn't stop me.
>>
How did you get in? I thought Shot was press only, right?
>>
What was your favorite thing they showed?
>>
>>28650842
Industry Guy.

Unfortunately, it is too fucking easy to get in. Every fuckstick with a camera and an internet blog can get a media pass, lots of gun stores just bring friends/family/customers, and what you get isa bunch of fuckheads walking around with their shitty rolling milk crates and Gamo bags grabbing as much free shit as they can and occupying as much space as humanely possible, and small asian men running around with their cameras playing Ansel Adams.
>>
>>28650863
There was nothing that really stands out, but the newest iteration of the Maxim 9 was awesome. Glad they switched over to Glock magazines, and the 3D printed lower was awesome.

It's sad, but I can't really even think of anything else that really impressed me.
>>
Smith and Wesson or Colt have anything cool? Any new revolvers from them or anyone else(Ruger)? Other than that 900 dollar purse gun revolver with the blue handle.
>>
>>28650891
honestly it looks awesome and i want one
>>
>>28649900
When is the coated alg ak trigger coming out?
>>
>>28650864
what are small asian men doing there?
>>
>>28651421
not that anon but Asians kind of love guns, their some Chinese and Japanese channels that talk about guns.
>>
>>28651441
yeah, there are airsoft websites that also cover real firearms, when they can afford trips to Guam or the continental US.
>>
>>28651464
There's also a lot of airsoft stuff at SHOT now too.

I'm not sure how I feel about that, I don't actually dislike airsoft as much as many on /k/, but it feels kind of out of place at SHOT.
>>
How many people were riding around on hoverboards?
Did anyone go to range day on one?
>>
>>28650864
an anime image reposting/airsoft facebook group that sells patches was able to qualify. it's that easy. they don't actually care what you are. it's just a barrier to keep out those too lazy to do even a minimum of work.
>>
>>28651797
I don't really mind it, sure there are some obnoxious faggot airsofters, but those types are in every hobby. I might look down on someone for spending a gazillion dollars on airsoft gear if he lives in a place that allows legal gun ownership like here, but for a lot of foreigners its the closest they can get.
>>
Did you fingerfuck the Stg44?
>>
>>28649900
Why does typing gun on your keyboard trace out a triangle?
>>
>>28652041

Loominaty Cuntfirmed
>>
>>28651421
>>28651441
It's almost like there's a Japanese word for weapons that starts with the letter K.
>>
>>28650864
Hopefully I'll be one of those internet blog fucksticks next year, haha.

Actually, I have a background covering events like this, but mostly for the automotive industry, and I've never done SHOT. I've been thinking of maybe trying to get one of the knife blogs to send me over there, I'm actually way bigger in that scene than guns.
>>
>>28650864
Shot Show should allow normal people to visit, people will just show up under false "media" claims...
>>
>>28653064
That would be terrible, at least you have to be dedicated and competent enough to come up with a bullshit background to get a media credential.

It's an industry event for dealers and press to check out new products and talk to reps, and booths are already crammed solid for three days straight. It'd be an absolute clusterfuck if the public were allowed in, the booths would be overrun with dumbass teenagers posing for selfies with the guns, bubbas constantly asking the same stupid questions that they could have googled in 30 seconds over, autists fondling all the military guns and wasting the reps' time, etc. Range day would be a nightmare in particular with the general public allowed in.

Plus there's a major security issue, a lot of merchandise would be relatively easy to steal from an overcrowded booth, and you're talking about important preproduction prototypes and unregistered military firearms and stuff.

Maybe, MAYBE, you could have an extra public day at the end of the event.
>>
>>28653090
Nah, fuck the day, you made it sounds terrible, you have a point. But perhaps to let in normies you can pay some high price of some shit, that should keep away the others...
>>
>>28653109
Yeah, pricey badges or something might work.

Honestly, though, it's not hard at all to get in legitimately if you have a head on your shoulders. Just find a blog or something that wants coverage and can't afford to fly somebody there, and as long as you're capable of taking some pictures, writing a few paragraphs about them, and not making an ass of yourself, you can pretty much just go have fun.

I went to auto races like that for years, getting an awesome VIP experience in return for carrying a camera around and taking some photos now and then, and then banging up an easy 1000 word article when I got home.
>>
Did you see Ian there?
>>
File: DSC00621-e1421712280635.jpg (264 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
DSC00621-e1421712280635.jpg
264 KB, 1125x1500
>>28650409
>When is MSBS coming out and how much?

Full availability inna USA? At the earliest in 1.5 years, at the latest in 3 years.

Price not mentioned, but likely around $2k.
>>
>>28650864
Elitist as fug.

As a casualfag whose gone in the past because friends, I apologize for nothing. I live relatively nearby and its the biggest gun show basically in America.

A lot of y'all don't know as much as you think, hence why you have so many booth babes staffing and repeating what it says on the sales prompt.

But I do get a fair bit of your complaints too.
>>
>>28653343
I just automatically assume that any new gun that isn't another DI AR or AK variant is $2k. It seems like every single "alternative" gun on the market is at that pricepoint lately.

I kind of wonder why sometimes, I get it with "boutique" guns like the SCAR or MCX, but it seems kind of sketchy that guns like the MSBS, the Tavor, the CZ805, etc, which are built to a price point for military standard issue, end up costing twice as much as a decent AR when they hit the US market.
>>
>>28653161
SHOT show people don't check the bona fides you put down. Fill out the form, say you work for Joe bobs bait and tackle, and you'll get in.
>>
any chance you checked out the desert tactical booth and took a look at the MDR?
>>
>>28653276
Yes I did, he was full blown autism, and kind of a dick.

>>28653359
It's not elitist as fuck, it's supposed to be an industry show. It costs a lot of money for a company to go to shot show, and it costs the small to medium businesses a shit ton of money to display at the event.

It's not supposed to be a gun show for casual fags, it's supposed to be for the press to cover all the new stuff coming out, and a place where dealers/distributors place large orders and get setup with new companies, not for Spaghetti McAutisms to waste reps time, when they could be helping people who are actually there to spend money, or actual press there to cover the event.

>>28653518
I'm already setup with Desert Tech; tried to stop by their booth but it was swarmed, so I just ordered a few via email.
>>
>>28653985
>kind of a dick
ministory?
>>
>>28651441
>not that anon but Asians kind of love guns, their some Chinese and Japanese channels that talk about guns.

It's also likely that the Chinese are running around taking photos of as much as possible so they can run back to their companies and produce knock offs of the products.

It's super common at electronic trade shows, and Shot Show doesn't have just firearms. There are knives, optics, lights, clothing, accessories, etc.

Ever wonder how those Chinese companies make knock offs that look "almost correct"?

They send employees to trade shows.
>>
>>28653985
Gun show press ARE autistic civies with a moderate sized youtube or some obscure blog that maybe a thousand people read tops.

I think you are greatly inflating your importance especially since there is less business conducted there since they aren't allowed to sell products directly to the commercial public unless you have an FFL. Which ultimately is the target market as shot show isn't really an arms fair for militaries and whatnot.

And you'd have to be really conceited if you somehow think that your pool of knowledge is somehow more valid simply because you are a sales rep vs a laymen who will be buying the end product.

There are very huge gun show events that accomplish more for gun rights and the industry then just dealers or distributors who could easily just order samples online in the first place.

Also you seem slightly rustled, so I suspect you might be one of those sales reps that I've been making fun of. So just chill if you are, and try to not be so butthurt at those newbies and 'press' who you spent like 5 days talking to.
>>
>>28650818
Oh shit MAC
>>
>>28655313
Seems like you're butthurt.

SHOT is supposed to be for distributors and ffl holders or people who work for them. All the new products are on display so these people can get a hands on to see if it'll be worth it to do business with the manufacturer. if they like the product they can talk to the rep about how to order or actually place orders so they can stock the new merch. Are you really that dense?
>>
>>28657357
>SHOT is supposed to be for distributors and ffl holders or people who work for them. All the new products are on display so these people can get a hands on to see if it'll be worth it to do business with the manufacturer. if they like the product they can talk to the rep about how to order or actually place orders so they can stock the new merch. Are you really that dense?

None of that entire industry would matter if they didn't appeal to the wider industry. Its not what's supposed to happen, its the reality of the situation.

The moment you start having a disconnect between the firearms industry and the civilian shooting population, that's when rights start dropping away because guess what, all the ffl holders and employees would be out of a job if it weren't for those civilians fighting for their rights via the NRA etc.

You want to keep this mentality up? Just look what happened with Britain's and Belgium's civilian arms industries getting decimated by rampant gun ownership because their own industry sold them up the river and shot themselves in the foot.

And then you are out of a job, so maybe you should stop being offended that you effectively work in retail and customer service.

Guns are not some other mundane industry like cars or computers, here the community as a whole matters and you would be foolish to suggest you can't do any of that networking at any other gun show available to the public at all.

Try to get your head out of your ass and see the big picture. But once again, I forgive you since you are just some sales rep venting after dealing with retards like us plebian civies.

I'm sure you are more well known then Vickers and we should all suck your dick too huh ;^)
>>
>>28649900

You meet Larry Correia?
>>
>>28649900
Why doesn't shot show have a website that pre-lists booths and a topic schedule like E3 does?
It would let us plebs look up videos or articles on products or companies we are interested in instead of having to rely on luck.
>>
>>28658310
Basically why isn't shot show just a gun version of E3? Both are meant to be industry exclusive events that are used to hype/advertise future products.
So why does everything look so amateur as fuck in all of the videos? It's sad to say, but nutn does the best coverage of shot show...
>>
>>28655313
>there is less business conducted there
>becaus it requires an FFL

No, because the primary focus is conducting businesses win FFLs, that is what Shot Show. I submitted hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of orders this week, and am still working on more.

The press is there to be the window for the normie to find out all the new stuff. The reps are there to talk to the press and the dealer, so they can convey their new products, which the dealer can then use his newfound knowledge to sell to the end user.

I'm not trying to say my pool of knowledge is more valid, I'm saying that shot show is supposed to be an Industry show but has turned into SEMA.

>>28655461
>TFW ate lunch next to MAC

>>28657628
Gun rights aren't going away because a normalfag who had no business at an industry show can't get in. That's like saying people are going to stop seeing movies because they aren't invited to the premieres. There are plenty of shoes for normies to go to, which are almost the size of SHOT, like the NRA show, which are open to the public.

Much in the same light as your argument, crowding up the show only hurts local dealers, because they won't have time to order new product, and sales reps will be busy helping Joe Schmo instead of signing new dealers.

Yes, networking can be done at other shows, but at a business level, shot is where the most manufacturers and dealers are all in one place, making it the previous go to for networking. Now that shot has been essentially stripped of its original essence, many companies aren't even doing big product announcements at Shot, and the primary focus has gone to smaller, distributor level shows that are invite ongoing and much more intimate for manufacturers and dealers, much mike the one I'm currently on a flight for right now.

Swerve, bitch.

>>28658310
It does.

>>28658412
You can find pretty good coverage if you know where to look.
>>
>>28658647
>Yes, networking can be done at other shows, but at a business level, shot is where the most manufacturers and dealers are all in one place, making it the previous go to for networking. Now that shot has been essentially stripped of its original essence, many companies aren't even doing big product announcements at Shot, and the primary focus has gone to smaller, distributor level shows that are invite ongoing and much more intimate for manufacturers and dealers, much mike the one I'm currently on a flight for right now.
>Swerve, bitch.

Sounds like the SHOT show guys are starting to loosen up.

I wouldn't get too comfy faggot, those smaller invitation level shows will only get bigger and once that happens, its the normiefest invasion all over again. And you'll be back on retard wrangling duty lol.

Pls bitch more about the customers paying your bills anon, unless you happen to be a defense contractor fag.
>>
>>28658735
The smaller shows will never loosed up, because they are literally entirely paid for by distributors who want you to utilize them for your purchases. They literally pay your entire way including hotels to come down and attend their three day show.

I'm not bitching about customers paying my bills. All my customers were more than happy to come in today and ask about Shot Show and ask what all new stuff we are getting, and them attending shot show has no affect on my bills whatsoever.
>>
>>28658735
What if... there were media only days and then industry only days?
I solved everyone's problems.
>>
>>28658848
Or just vet everyone more.
>>
Did you see the new civilian FN m249s? How much are they?
>>
>>28659814
I already got one before shot, it pisses me off they were trying to push that so much as a new product when they announced it last year.

I know the collectors is going for $9500.
>>
Any akm's in 223 being shown off?
>>
>>28649900
Did you see what Ian and Karl were doing when they went behind the curtain together?
>>
File: tmp_8735-1452506709367947529207.jpg (246 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8735-1452506709367947529207.jpg
246 KB, 627x502
>>28653985
>he was full blown autism, and kind of a dick.
STORY TIME. NOW.
You can't just say that and walk.
>>
>>28658412
Speaking of amateur, I looked up some galleries of SHOT's booth babes that some gun sites had put together... and was unbelievably underwhelmed. Is it that much harder for a firearms manufacturer to get a good looking model hired than for a video game producer?
>>
>>28658647
Where do I look pls
>>
story of ian. that guy just screams annoying
>>
>>28653109
the badge is already $175. just keep shot media/industry only and if you're too dumb or too lazy to make something up AND cough up the $175 then you have no business being there.
>>
>>28658837
No offense but a private event hardly counts as a show. If they are gonna pay for you then of course it makes sense for them to be selective.

But Shot Show and other kinds of general events unaffiliated with any particular gun company should at least have a public day.
>>
>>28661229
Dude you sound like a serious jack ass. Seriously how important are you to the firearms community, rather how important are you to mankind? I think going to shot show has inflated your sense of self importance.
>>
>>28661164
The booth babes have to know about the guns though. Which probably narrows the field a bit.

Video babes don't have to say shit.
>>
>>28661265
Woah calm down. What he said is pretty accurate.

If you put a bit of effort or just ask a gun shop buddy, its not that hard.
>>
>>28661306
Not even the slightest bit interested in going. I love weapons, just can't stand 90% of gun enthusiast.
>>
>>28661265
i'm not even the guy who went to shot show. i don't go even though i qualify for it via the manufacturing company i work for. i do shoot concerts independently with basically a blog of a site and if i did the same for guns i could get in via media if i wanted. it's really that simple to get into "industry only" events. the guy who posted about going to races and making a short article was correct. all of /k/ could qualify for shot if they wanted because i know you fucks shitpost like madmen and type enough words to fill out a magazine each. again, it's not a big barrier. it's just that most people don't bother to apply themself even though they want to go to something.
>>
oh and if you've ever been to a public show you know how much it sucks because it's packed to the gills. for example the adult entertainment expo that was happenig concurrent to shot this year has public days (they didn't use to a while ago). those are the days you want to avoid because there's random joes everyfuckingwhere and lines are long as hell. taking another example which is san diego comic con which doesn't have any distinction and it sucks compared to a decade ago. long lines, people camping out everywhere, prices on everything are sky high (hotels and badges and everything else).
>>
>>28661220
>>28660920
>>28660450
>>28653985
I want to know about Ian being a dick, I have a feeling OP is bullshiting
>>
>>28658647
are you that firearm concierge faggot that posts on leddit all the time?
>>
>>28649900
When is the Coated AK trigger from ALG coming out?

When does the new DD rails hit the market.
>>
>>28661442
>>28660920
>>28660450
>>28661220

this, op you fucking faggot
>>
>>28661258
Except it is still a show. Most of the major manufacturers will be there, we will have a range day, then private show to check out be new products, as well as private workshops with the manufacturers.

There has been a growth of these types of shows in the industry because of where shot has headed.

Not saying Shot shouldn't have an open day, but if they do that, they need to have a few days that are super restrictive so business can actually be conducted properly.

>>28661463
No I'm not.

>>28661609
ALG trigger soon, according to the qt3.14 at the ALG booth.

I'll ask my bud at DD in a bit.
>>
>>28661931
Answer >>28661442
>>
>>28662064
looks like he wont
>>
>>28661442
Not much to tell. Just a complete aspie who comes off as a dick. Feels like he can just walk to the front of a line in front of everyone, drop some spaghetti on the floor, and basically interrupt a rep mid sentence.
>>
>>28653030

/k/ comes from o/k/ corral newfag
>>
File: when.jpg (84 KB, 371x360) Image search: [Google]
when.jpg
84 KB, 371x360
Any word on when the new 5.11 yoga pants will be available in men's sizes? There is nothing on their website yet.
>>
>>28650891
is that a dominator?
>>
>>28664312
I want to get one and put blue glowing shit on it.
>>
>>28664303
TFW the rep told me they hoped men weren't going to start wearing them.
>>
>>28661931
Shut the fuck up until you answer the burning question about Ian being full-autismo dicks.
>>
>>28663406
so basically like any other youtuber.

Seems like SHOT this year was more full of faggots than previous years.

they really need to be vetting people harder.
>>
>>28657628
I'm not even in the industry. I'm not the one you originally replied to or the one that previously replied to the above post. I'm a "civilian gun owner" who realizes what SHOT is/was. The purpose was to make deals between manufactures and wholesale distributors/retail outlets and announce new products. IT IS NOT A GUN SHOW. Stop being a retard.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.