[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti UAV drone thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 25
File: woman vs drone.gif (2 MB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
woman vs drone.gif
2 MB, 360x359
Ok so lets say some pedophiles flies around and films your kids like this.What alternatives do you have for defending against them?

The most obvious solution would just be to shoot it down but what other alternatives are there?

First you have normal helium balloons with a bunch of fishing line hanging down to the ground. Kinda like these things in ww2.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Barrage_balloon_fsac_1a35100.jpg

Building your own mini wasserfall with a proximity air burst could also be a possibility but ofc that would be very hard but it would theoretically be able to reach higher altituds then guns.

And then there are the electronic alternatives.

>And i imagine a couple of strong lasers would be able to damage the optics.

But what about microwaves?
What if you take like a ton old old microwaves, rip out the magnetron, hook them up some high power equipment like an arc welder and then connect them all together so they focus at one single point. Kinda like the archimides death ray in myth busters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wwn16UnJ4s

How plausible are these ideas and what are your ideas? The last one would be pretty sweet if it worked. Fucker flies over your backyard, you fry it without them even knowing what happened.
>>
File: drone warfare.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
drone warfare.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>28640933
>>
>>28640933
build a radio jammer
>>
File: drone survival guide.jpg (580 KB, 2834x1978) Image search: [Google]
drone survival guide.jpg
580 KB, 2834x1978
>>28640961
How?
>>
>>28640933
I'd think on /k/ it would be more relevant to ask how to avoid getting your drones shot down as you film children.
>>
I would go for the microwave gun, though you'll need to be within reach of a household power supply. It won't be very portable, but good enough for your backyard. I'm not sure how feasible it is to shield the electronics on a drone. To properly shield something, the shielding needs a connection to a ground, and I'm not sure the chassis of a drone provides enough of a "reservoir" for proper shielding. Static wicks can discharge built charges into the air, however.

Another idea might be to use a net gun.
>>
>>28640961
The FCC may get pissed at you since you need a license to broadcast any RF signal within a certain range.
>>
>>28640954
You're saying we should get drones our own, mount weapons to them, and use them to shoot down the offending drone?
>>
>>28640986
Yes and no - the FCC will be pissed, but only because you're exceeding broadcast limits (pumping out way more power than you can do without a license).

Jammers are also illegal, although if you're firing guns into the air or destroying someone else's property while it's not over your land, you're committing a felony anyway.
>>
>>28640933
an air rifle should do the trick and isn't too loud
>>
File: drones man.jpg (462 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
drones man.jpg
462 KB, 2000x1333
>>28641004
That is a possibility.
>>
>>28641014
Also a problem is the definition of 'personal airspace' doesn't exist and won't for a while. You shooting a drone down over your property us veiwed at best as shooting it down in a public park and at worst as destroying an actual airplane.
>>
File: drones man2.jpg (255 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
drones man2.jpg
255 KB, 1200x800
>>28641043
That is why we need something that is stealthy and doesn't go bang.
>>
>>28641004
Not him, but that would be way more entertaining then Battle Bots.
>>
File: game of drones.png (108 KB, 1775x811) Image search: [Google]
game of drones.png
108 KB, 1775x811
Can't beat them drones man
>>
>>28640967
Spark gap generator
>>
paintballs
>>
Use a really long stick with a net on the end. If you catch it, the worst thing that can happen is some guy comes to your house to ask for it back, letting you know who uses it. Best case scenario is they never find you, giving you a free drone to arm with handguns and stuff.
>>
File: MTM1MTgzODE2NzM3MjAwNjA2.jpg (44 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
MTM1MTgzODE2NzM3MjAwNjA2.jpg
44 KB, 1200x850
Japanese police just go full Kung-Pow on it

Hey if it works it works
>>
I'm more concerned with the idea of any of you fucks having kids
>>
>>28640933
a daisy air rifle
>>
Anyone suggesting methods to take out "the camera" should first realise that your average civilian drone is flown by sight, like model planes.
>>
>>28641542
Yeah, you WOULD be concerned with that, wouldn't you?
>>
>>28640933
http://www.jammer-store.com/gm20-military-cell-phone-jammer.html

I own one.
I can turn my whole neighborhood off in a click of a switch.
>>
>>28640933
Thought that was Cherno from the thumbnail for a second. Too much vanilla Arma 2 in the back of my mind.
>>
>>28640933
Why not just make a magnetron gun and fucking fry them?
>>
>>28641561
Are they illegal to use or own?
>>
File: shot_sizes.gif (24 KB, 585x275) Image search: [Google]
shot_sizes.gif
24 KB, 585x275
>>28640933
#12 birdshot, pellets are so fucking microscopic they will cause borderline no damage past the drone.
>>
>>28641645
Cellphone jammers are extremely illegal to use.
>>
>>28640979

could use microwave guns and various jammers in a point defense-esque setup
>>
>>28640933
why would my kids be outside naked
>>
Wouldn't a high pressure watergun work great?
>>
>>28641535
>oh no a tiny net!
>>
>>28641673
Maybe in your shitty state or country.

No problem using them here.

Just buy one. The FCC isnt going to come breaking down your door.

Its great for pissing off neighbors without them knowing it's you. Also great for distracted drivers.
>>
>>28640933
Fight drones with drones. a small drone designed for resisting impact damage will launch from your home, throwing itself at the target's rotors.
>>
>>28641681
Because you are fucking them?
>>
>>28641720
>Maybe in your shitty state or country.
You mean the United states? It's a federal law you mongoloid.

>Hur dur it's not illegal because I don't get caught!
>>
File: Manhack.jpg (146 KB, 752x640) Image search: [Google]
Manhack.jpg
146 KB, 752x640
>>28641725
Manhacks when?
>>
>>28641696
I think a potato gun would be funner to use.
>9 cent spud takes out a multi thousand dollar aircraft.
>Pop the fucker with another Russet when he comes to retrieve it.
>>
Why not just a shotgun and some goose loads?
>>
>>28641535
Nyeeeh a tiny net is a death sentence!
>>
>>28641720
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/florida-teacher-punished-after-signal-jamming-his-students-cell-phones/
my law, having even the INTENT of the device being a jamming tool is against the law
>>
>>28641818
By law*

derp I don't work for the FCC
>>
>>28641757
>Why not just a shotgun and some goose loads?
Because shooting a shotgun in suburbia is going to attract a lot of attention
>>
>>28641756
see
>>>28638620
>>
>>28641645
they're illegal to use in public spaces, but on private property it's fine. if it extends to your neighbor's houses i'm sure someone could complain and you might find someone in a suit knocking on your door
>>
>>28640933
Outdoors you or your children have so reason to expect privacy.
>>
net gun. if you want to keep it legal - better seize the drone and bring it to police, so they can check the recording (there's usually an onboard recording, right?)
>>
>>28641887
Not normally.

Only the idiots who strapped their iphone to it really have onboard recordings. Everyone else either livestreams or remote-captures.

Or they're just fucking around and it doesn't even have a camera, because good cameras usually cost more than the mid-level drones.
>>
Own lots of bees and let them attack the drone for you.
>>
>>28641887
My buddies transmits video feed to his smart phone, which is also where he controls it from.
>>28640933
If its coming in low like that, spray it with a hose. If the knocking it off balance doesn't drop it, the water damaging the electronics probably will. Theyre not very robust.
>>
>>28640933
Someone flew one of those mall-tier micro copters through my open bedroom window this summer.

It died to a tennis racket.

The owner was all kinds of assblasted. Law enforcement was involved. He was originally charged with B&E but the charges were dropped.
>>
>>28641868

Only in a public space. Outdoors on private property is protected.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/elements-intrusion-claim
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StxbkWLLTMI
>>
>>28641906
>>28641917

yeah but usually transmission has shitty bandwidth, which is enough for control, but makes no sense to strap a 60FPS HD go-pro under it. Besides, you would get all kind of interference on those sweet vids if they all were made with transmitted data. This includes OP video as well.
>>
File: chaos grid.jpg (94 KB, 779x300) Image search: [Google]
chaos grid.jpg
94 KB, 779x300
>>28641921
>It died to a tennis racket.
Hahaha nice
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 500x400
I'm getting this. With a bolt down anchor for my truck.
>>
File: herf-gun-microwave[1].jpg (161 KB, 476x354) Image search: [Google]
herf-gun-microwave[1].jpg
161 KB, 476x354
>>28640967
Microwave oven.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 500x400
It just takes 2 ruger 22s and the kit
>>
File: airsoft-minigun.jpg (39 KB, 660x550) Image search: [Google]
airsoft-minigun.jpg
39 KB, 660x550
Airsoft minigun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmHENtHW9O0
>>
>>28641756
True but think of collateral damage.

Water will cone out after a set distance, and since you are firing it up in the air at an angle there's an almost 0% chance anything not directly behind the drone will get anything besides a light sprinkle.

Basically you can fire it in a neighborhood with no fear of breaking anything besides the drone.
>>
>>28641612

Lmao me too
>>
>>28643129
The people down range knew what they were getting into.
Alloha Snackbar.
>>
>>28641032
Honestly this is probably the best way to do it. You're not discharging a firearm in a populated neighborhood, it's way quieter than a gun, the round doesn't have too much power and tracing it back to you is hard when there's no powder or shell casing.
>>
>>28643293
They also work great for cats.
>>
>>28641742
Its not illegal because I dont get caught

Dont be a obnoxious dickface and you can get away with anything
>loose lips send you to federal prison
>>
Use water. Pressure washer.
>>
>>28643393
What's the range on those? If it's like OP (HD tit range) I'm guessing 20'.
>>
>>28643450

Dunno but you can adjust nozzle and horsepower to increase range.
>>
>>28643450
if you want to destroy the drone, probably like 10'
20' would probably knock that bitch right the fuck out of the sky
>>
>>28640933
Air rifle shooting from a position where you can't be seen.
>>
>>28642621
This, mounted on your own drone.
>>
>>28642196
I wonder what kind of effect this has on people.
Is it similar to the military microwave weapon?
>>
>>28640933
Obviously you get your own drone with a mechanical arm and chainsaw and fight the intruder off.
>>
>>28641048

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaC5QAtBlrI
>>
Except this isn't actually a problem? "Drones" are loud as fuck, you are going to know they are there, just go inside you Luddite fuck.
>>
Even if they fly over your property?
>>
>>28644001
>that TD
>>
>>28641535
mmmyeeeeaass its a net and its tiny
I'm so bad cuz im so good
>>
that's when you buy your own drone and put a gun on it
>medabots
>>
>>28640933
Shoot it down.
http://www.cnet.com/news/judge-rules-man-had-right-to-shoot-down-drone-over-his-house/
>>
>>28641033
Sauce? What are those things, they look pretty cool.
>>
>>28641749
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKS
>>
Another possibility could be a paintball marker or airshit gun if it's low enough to be legally creeping on your senpai.
>>28645453
http://images.lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fi.4cdn.org%2Fk%2F1453471250771.jpg
>>
CALL DOWN THE THUNDER GOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34NpyA2OuaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buSaGIoNXu8
>>
>>28643806
>Is it similar to the military microwave weapon?

No.
Better.

All kitchen microwaves work on the 2.4ghz standard, and output around several thousand kilowatts on this frequency (note that WiFi also uses 2.4ghz but at a millionth of the power). At 2.4ghz, the microwaves will be powerful enough to pass much farther into your body than a less-lethal military version operating on a lower frequency that is used to cause a heating/searing pain on the skin and nothing more.

A 2.4ghz microwave nigger-rigged into a weapon would actually hurt far far less than the Active Denial System, as most nerve endings are found inside the skin; the microwaves would simply penetrate through into your internal organs and muscle tissue and slowly cook you from the inside out, with relatively mild pain. Organ failure or internal bleeding could result after being exposed for more than a few seconds.

Note however that creating, testing, and firing such a device is extremely easy to track. Microwaves can take down cell towers, fry computers, and completely disrupt communications; if you build one and test it YOU WILL be caught, it is only a matter of time. People actually have contests over who can track down and find a microwave signal first, and there are plenty of FCC agents out there who sole job is to find nigger-rigged transmitters that are interrupting the communications and slap the motherfuckers responsible with federal felonies.
>>
>>28641014
Jamming is illegal even if you somehow miraculously manage to do it without exceeding the legal limits. It's against the law to deliberately interfere with radio communications, period.
>>
>>28644001
AWESOME.
>>
>>28644224
>Americans.
>Showing any vigilance whatsoever.

KEK.
>>
>>28644224
This desu
Just because you see a quadcopter or model airplane doesn't mean it's spying on you. Those that DO have cameras have very wide-angle lenses designed for panoramas and general situational awareness, not telescopic cameras designed for surveillance like military drones have. They would have to get VERY close in order to actually be able to see your naughty bits.

>tl;dr stop being paranoid you fucking rednecks
>>
>>28641525
That's actually interesting. Could fuck up optics pretty good, won't cause damage to neighbors' houses/cars/kids.
>>
A microwave gun, Or a herf gun is something I've always wanted to make. But I'm scared of the possible radiation https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOT2_Z-GIE
>>
File: image.jpg (232 KB, 632x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232 KB, 632x350
>>28642621
>>28643644
Anti-Drone airshit VADS when?
>>
Get a full auto airsoft gun and just hose the fucker down with around 500 airshit pellets. Id suggest like a CO2 one so you get better velocity
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 569x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 569x320
What about a brain drops shot cannon?
or starters, they grow up to 100 times their original size when immersed in water and glow in the dark when left in light!

They are designed for bouncing, throwing, smashing, spitting from a straw, and other delightfully immature activities we have yet to think of. Here are some more ideas:

Dry them out and reuse them (if you haven't smashed them!)
Launch them from da Vinci's Catapult
Hide them in your friends pockets
Fill a bathtub with them (but these probably shouldn't go down the drain!)
Make jewelry with them
Put them in someone's shoes
Drop them from great heights
Use them as marbles
Fill a flower vase
Put some in a bag and balance over a doorway for sneaky sabotage
Shoot down drones
>>
>>28646123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8wRpgvhyg

cheaper than a 4000 dollarydoo airshit gun. movement tracking software is pretty simple to make.
>>
>>28640933
12 gauge birdshot.

You could also be a shit and just buy a wireless jammer, but the FCC might get butthurt and you'll lose your own cell signal.
Also I think the drone might just stop moving and hover.
>>
>>28644001
Except "return to its point of orgin" means it will return to the location at which it was armed and GPS communication is established. It would be a good way to get it away from you. The only quads this would work on is ones not equipped with GPS(cheaper models or 250 racers). It would not just land like it did in the video.
>>
>>28646132
CO2 looses power exponentially during sustained fire thanks to the cooling effect of expanding gas.
Get a Green Gas rifle, use a propane tank with a fill nozzle, or better yet, nigger rig a grill tank to the rifle, you will NEED to lubricate the piston system liberally (silicone lube) prior to use and purge it (dry fire) to ensure the parts don't wear out
(Green gas is propane + silicone lube)
Depending on the guns gas system you will need to port the nozzle, or mess with the timing cam to increase velocity so you can compensate for the heavier BBs you will be using.
Purchase some metal airsoft bbs and get hunting.
>I used to fuck with airshit, and managed to get 600FPS with .3 bbs by modifying a crossman airsoft CO2 uzi pistol.
>By the time I clapped it out it was full auto, converted to propane, and lubricated with motor oil.
BTW the magazines usually house the gas port and the timing systems are behind the actuator/hammer in the weapons reciever
>>
>>28646270
tracking means you are always at least 1 move behind
>>
>>28644224
>>28646054
I live under an approach path to be a major commercial airport (20m) and military airfield (15m), and again within 10 miles of two smaller private airports.
I honestly can't say I'd notice a drone unless it was loud or low, the only things loud or unusual enough to perk my ears tend to be military aircraft flying unusually low to get under cloud cover.

How loud/whiny are drones on the dB scale a hundred meters up? Are they even perceptible over road noise?
>>
>>28646349
>a hundred meters up
I assume you're talking about hobby/consumer-grade quadcopters? They're fairly quiet at that altitude, but they rarely fly that high and really can't make out individuals on the ground from that high up (hell, I can barely see people from 20 meters away with my FPV gear - that's why I fly with a spotter).

This is what an HD recording from a quadcopter at 100 meters looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMMqJf-rIc

Definitely not going to be able to "spy" on anyone effectively with this sort of equipment.
>>
>>28646767
I used to launch rockets with my siblings from one of the local school's soccer fields and take aerial video from parachute so I'm not too concerned about being spied on, I've just never seen or noticed one in person. Granted that was early in the days of digital cameras.
>>
>>28644965
That judge's decision is unlikely to be repeated - the drone operator had video footage and flight log data clearly pointing out that it was shot down high in the air and not over the hick's property, but she didn't even bother looking at the evidence.
>>
>>28647666
>the drone operator had video footage and flight log data clearly pointing out that it was shot down high in the air and not over the hick's property
Possibly irrelevant, bear in mind I don't know the specific laws of that state, county, or city.
The fact that it was not over his property did not mean it was not being used to violate his privacy, recording minors no less.
Unless their property could psychically see into his property and they were recording from their own property or had the permission of the property owner whose land they were recording from, I really doubt they had the legal right to be doing what they were doing. Recording his private backyard from public roads without any property owner's permission would also not likely be legally permissible.
Also, the drone was only 60-70 yards in the air.

The judge's decision isn't really a shock from the privacy side of things but he's probably lucky he didn't eat a firearm discharge related charge.
>>
>>28643293
I had a benjamin marauder in .25, those things are integrally suppressed and super quiet +plenty of power to take down a drone
>>
>>28646314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQbmtb40KUQ are you dis person?
>>
>>28640933
I fucking hate drones so much
>be me
>a couple years ago
>with gf in this open field full of tall grass and bushes in chicago
>no one can see you unless theyre 4 ft away and know the paths well
>if you don't know where your going you might walk into a literal fucking shanty town, place was crawling with homeless
>used to go there and plow her after school ended cause both of us had crazy parents
>drone craze has just recently started
>really getting into it one day
>all of a sudden she pushed me off
>points up at the sky then covers her face in the blanket we were using
>look up
>one of the mother fucking drones
>its a small area, about 1-2 square miles and I know the paths well
>see where its going to land
>17 year old cockblocked rage mode
>sprint through the paths untill I am in the tall grass around a small 25 ft clearing
>see guy with remote and apple laptop standing there looking smug
>he reaches up to grab his drone out of the air
>before he can grab it tackle his exposed mid section
>his beanie flies off and I proceed to kick the shit out of him as he rolls around in gravel, and mud that covers the ground
>smash his 500 dollar drone ( this was when the trend first started so it might have been even more expensive )
>smash his apple computer
>go back to fucking him up
>goes unconcious
>oh fuck I shouldn't have done that
>get back to gf
>still seething with rage
>can't finish because too angry
>next day read in the newpaper that a civilian drone operater was accosted by a homeless man
>realize he mistook my tacticool garb for homelessness
>kek
>>
>>28648401
Out of all the stories that never happened, this never happened the most.
>>
Damn.
Using the buzzword "drone"
These things are just more stable rc copters with a severely limited range of flight, not built for surveillance or to be weaponized.
>>
>>28648703

"drone" is a real word with a real meaning. look it up sometime, kiddo.
>>
>>28647988
>Muh privacy
At 60-70 yards I'm lucky if I can see an individual AT ALL with my FPV rig, let alone identify them (i.e. as male or female) or tell what they're doing. Furthermore, from what I read it sounds like the drone (along with it's recorded video) flew out of control onto the shooter's property before crashing, and the shooter never gave it back - NOR did he bring the video forward as evidence of the claimed "invasion of privacy." To me that says the motherfucker shot down his neighbor's toy (over his neighbor's property) for no reason at all, and should be made to be made to pay for any damages.

I'm not saying there aren't perverts out there that might *consider* using drones vor voyeurism or whatever, but they would be very unsuccessful at it given that you have to get very close indeed in order to see any sort of detail, and by that time they'd be well-aware of your presence. You might as well just bust into a women's restroom and climb under the privacy dividers, as "subtle" as these quadcopters are.
>>
>>28648747
No, it isn't. It's even more empty than the term "assault weapon." At least "assault weapon" now has some (largely esoteric and fabricated) legal meaning, but "drone" is literally slang.
>>
>>28640933
birdshot
>>
File: PETA.png (65 KB, 1318x556) Image search: [Google]
PETA.png
65 KB, 1318x556
>>
>>28648817

lol

are you for real?
>>
>>28648799
Looks like it was well under control until he shot it down after it entered his property after having lingered nearby for 30 seconds.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/29670583/update-drone-owner-disputes-suspects-claims-produces-video-claiming-to-show-flight-path
Also, the operator admits it was over his property, and it sounds like they've had issues in the past with drones but not between these specific parties.
>>
>>28644001
This is not nearly as cool as it looks. It's a jammer. Any UAV that runs autonomously won't give a shit and will keep flying. For manually operated UAVs if the "can't connect" procedure is to hover then the faggot holding the RF gun has to keep pointing at it otherwise the UAV will just reconnect and keep going.
>>
>>28640976
Kek
My parents looked at me funny for the laugh I just let out.
>>
>>28648987
The media gave rc toys the name drone so we connect them with the variety used by the military. To compare them is ridiculous.

To the media putting a cheap camera on a toy is the same as having a black semi automatic rifle. They freak out
>>
>>28640933
> let's say pedophiles flies around and films your kids like this
> films
Cool with me. Get off on my kids all you want, long as you don't touch em
>>
>>28648987
Go ahead, find ANY official document using the term "drone" to describe RC quadcopters, I'll wait.
>>
>>28641048
i REALLY want a civilian version of this one...

Its like $40k for the 'system'(molle launch platform, 2 drones, tablet and controller) back in 2013. If they made a consumer grade accessories pack with the drone WITHOUT the FLIR, i bet they could knock the price down significantly.
Bigger drones that can do more cost around $2000. If this consumer version was around $1500, id probably buy it.(Biggest reason i like it is the size and battery life[35 minutes]. It is capable of outdoor flight in normal weather with a range of over 2km.)
>>
>>28649224
>>28649413

wow, you're actually not kidding
>>
>>28645768
>and output around several thousand kilowatts on this frequency
Thank you for proving you have no clue what you're talking about. The average home microwave would never put out "several thousand watts", for fucks sakes the outlets they plug in to are generally only 15A max derated to 12A because of NFPA 70, so the most they're going to draw is 1.4kW. The magnetrons put out so much heat they have to be actively cooled, so its pretty fair to say they're inefficient as fuck, and actual output is going to be around 1kW. No where near "several thousand watts"
>>
>>28646314
>(Green gas is propane + silicone lube)
Green Gas isnt flammable, they use some refrigerant.
>>
>>28649511

not him

Still powerful enough to cause severe bodily harm to un-shielded body tissues, especially your eyes, with in a few meters.
>>
>>28649570
>I dont know what the inverse square law is
and
>Still powerful enough to cause severe bodily harm to un-shielded body tissues, especially your eyes, with in a few meters.
So basically only to the guy retarded enough to try to use it as a weapon?
>>
>>28649472
Should I start calling my neices airhog a UAV then? Preparing it for some old fashioned drone strikes, the things even equipped with infrared
>>
>>28640933
Same way you hunt a mass of duck, with a giant shotgun.

just need to get it to go high enough and fill the air with flak
>>
File: itsapartofurdna.png (340 KB, 496x542) Image search: [Google]
itsapartofurdna.png
340 KB, 496x542
>>28644001
>as you can see it's AR15 based technology
>>
>>28649621
"Drone" is an informal word when used in the context of remotely-piloted vehicles. Size doesn't matter in this case; "drone" is always informal for this.
>>
File: wakemeup.gif (2 MB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.gif
2 MB, 298x300
>>28646325
>tracking means you are always at least 1 move behind
>>
>>28648971
I want to believe.
>>
>>28649621

What in the fuck are you talking about.

(Definition 3)
>>
File: image.png (159 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159 KB, 750x1334
>>28650067

Whoops, forgot picture.
>>
>>28650082
>informal
>>
>>28641048
what drone is this?
>>
>>28650082
>hurdy-gurdy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypuaJLHK_LQ
>>
>>28649814
This gif always kills me
>>
>>28641720
>The FCC isnt going to come breaking down your door.
You do realize that's exactly what they do, right?
>>
>>28648971
>Fully automatic BB gun
Oh shit, that's a good idea.
>>
>>28646037
Awesome and in same time fake, gay and totally illegal.
You need an A-10 flying model with paint-ball gun
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>there are actually people on this thread claiming that "drone" is an invention of the liberal media

the word has been used for remote-controlled aircraft since at least the 1950's.

google it and quit making an ass of yourself.
>>
>>28650146
I generally like the sound of the hurdy-gurdy, but that buzzing sound they make drives me up the wall.
>>
While I think the social hysteria about drones spying on my chilluns is hogwash for a variety of reasons, but thier is no doubt drone area denial is going to be a thing for everything from military bases to celebrity weddings.

I think the nips got it right. Shooting drones down with birdshot is fine at close ranges, but has limited range and can't be done in populated areas. Jamming might stop some drones. But many have a return home function, and a hostile drone could be programed with a course that needed no external input.

Not to get Southparky, but the only surefire way is some kind of interceptor drone.
>>
>>28650872
Nets and net guns seem to work fine.
>>
>>28641749
Fun fact: In the original concept these were controlled by citizens in an arcade. They were unaware they were actually killing people with them.
>>
>>28649621
as far as the FAA is concerned, it has to weigh half a pound or more to be a "drone" and require registration.
>>
Use a wifi jammer. Almost all drones use 2.4GHz.

Not legal, but you won't get caught.
>>
>>28641004
You can get cheap toy drones and use them as kamakazis. At least you could force it to land and then disable it with a baseball bat. But honestly I'd rather follow it back to it's owners house. AA is effective but a full scale home invasion will removed the threat.
>>
>>28649378
No. Stfu pedo.
>>
>>28640933
Just shoot them down with a high powered paintball gun. Even if it doesn't know it down the paint will still block the camera.
>>
>>28650391
>the word has been used for remote-controlled aircraft since at least the 1950's.

Irrelevant, the USAF has officially changed terminology more than a decade ago. They asked the media to use their new term and the media rejected their request. So yes the fact that the term "drone" is still used is their fault.
>>
>>28651857
>Irrelevant

lol?
>>
File: this is you.jpg (666 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
666 KB, 1280x1024
>>28651871
>hurr a word was used to mean this in the past therefore it still means that today durr

You are retarded. Go on, find me a single official government document that uses the word drone. Protip: you can't because it has always been slang, and slang by definition always has a loose definition. Either way you look at it, the media is solely responsible for the widespread use of the term drone in modern times. To seriously deny this makes you delusional.
>>
>>28651898
> people use this word to describe an object and everyone knows what your referring to when the use it
> the USAF asked the media.
Lol wut? what media specifically? Not the anon your arguing with buy you really sound like a prick. And technically yes, your neices airhog is a Unmanned Airborne Vehicle. UAV.
>>
>>28641545
Buddy of mine has one with an HD camera on it streaming to a laptop. He flies it over the fields using the camera. Way out of his sight. He likes to throw money at things
>>
>>28641297
I'm suprised it didn't bring up striking at the infrastructure that supports the drones.
>>
File: 1453489962635.jpg (139 KB, 682x461) Image search: [Google]
1453489962635.jpg
139 KB, 682x461
ITT: People spouting bullshit on things that they know nothing about

I don't even care if you're for or against drones, your stupidity knows no borders.
>>
>>28641297

That picture didn't address the governments ability to sway public opinion through mass media propaganda. They're pretty good at it, it doesn't help that Americans are stupid to boot.
>>
>>28651938
>He likes to throw money at things
>/k/ - Weapons

wut
>>
The only real option....
http://gizmodo.com/384601/a10-rc-model-vs-the-real-thing-at-top-gun-2008
>>
PETA used drones to spy on my deer farm.
I complained to the police, wrote PETA ( never received an answer to my registered letters), went to court for a restraining order (PETA sent a $500 an hour lawyer) and all I got was you have to catch then in the act.

Ok. I did some reading on Great War anti aircraft systems and learnt a lot about ways to damage a low and slow aircraft with out radar or missiles.
I put up some barrage balloons. Not to do any damage but yo channel the drones into a kill zone.
I got the highest powered laser pointer I could get with out fed permission and did some shot she'll reloading.
I made little bolos using 000 sinkers and fishing line. The first set had different lengths of line and I tested them on news paper hanging in a frame.
I found that three sinkers connected in a triangle, not a star, with ten inches of ten lb line gave me a decent chance of a hit at fifty yards.

I waited till the next collage brake when the PETA foot soldiers would have time for shenanigans.

In full 3D camo I waited in my kill zone.
Two days in I hear the buss of a multi rotor drone. It buzzed around for half an hour than hit a line from a barrage balloon and crashed well inside my property line.
I quickly found it in the field but did not touch it or go near it. I just opens some gates and sent forty deer into a one acre field and let in the dogs. It was soon trampled into the ground and I opens the gates again.
The next day a lawyer turned up and said that he represented some one who may have lost some expensive survey equipment near my land and he wanted me to allow a search team access to look for it.
I said no but if he could provide a description along with serial numbers I will keep an eye out for it and let him know if I see it.
Lawyer left and I never heard back from him.
Another day passes, the deer are looking after themselves as usual and I'm back in my kill zone reading a book.
I hear the buzz of another drone.
Cont.
>>
>>28652783
Cont.
this drone spends more time just flying around, looking for a way through the balloons I guess.
I finally see the drone as it enters the kill zone, a big six rotor job with spidery legs and a go pro hanging underneath.
I wait till it look like it is facing away from me and give it two rounds of home made bolo shot.
The first one hits and the drone tumbles down.
I go back to reading and wait to see what happens.
Another drone buzzes in, this one is a bit smaller and has four rotors.
It flies into the kill zone and as before I take a shot.
It falls.
I pack up and head back to the shed to get the slasher hooked up to the tractor and slash the calf high grass in the kill zone.
Being a not too smart manual labour, I was not paying attention and dort of ran over the drones with the slasher.

I'm now waiting for the next collage brake to see what they do next.
>>
>>28652828
>>28652783
Kek.

You can purchase the airspace rights over your property. It might be expensive however.
>>
>>28652842
Couldn't be bothered.
It is hard enough keeping in the black selling venison and hides. I don't have the cash for lawyers.
I do have a nice reloading bench and time to just sit in a field and read.
>>
>>28652865
They might decide you are worth cheap FLIR.

Might find some extra cash for camo IR netting above your reading spot.
>>
>>28641525
everyone is suggesting ridiculous answers, this one is solid. you could also pepper the owner when he comes over and tries to give you shit for hitting his drone
>>
>>28647988
There is no legal right to privacy. If the drone was somewhere that it is legally allowed to be then the operator can legally take pictures of anything they can see.
>>
>>28654124
Same as a person with a camera, really.
>>
>>28641032
Air rifles are considered firearms in many cities.
>>
>>28640933
There people are ruining an entire hobby. As a serious RC plane hobbyist, the shit I am having to do now to ensure I don't break the law for flying a remote plane is crazy. I might just switch to something completely different at this point. No reason I should be punished for the actions of these people.
>>
>>28641681
Kids do shit naked sometimes, you just don't remember.
>>
File: [problems intensify].gif (301 KB, 136x240) Image search: [Google]
[problems intensify].gif
301 KB, 136x240
>>28641033
>>28641048
Imagine the assfucking that would happen to the first grunt that loses one of those.
>>
IF you're just looking to keep drones from spying on you, instead of attempting to damage/destroy the drone, would it be possible to simply blind the optics with some sort of laser or focused natural light?
>>
>>28640933
Arisaka antiaircraft sights for an AR or a battle rifle firing frangable ammunition.
>>
>>28640933
There are several options at your disposal.

Shotgun
Potatogun
Firehose
Flamethrower
Polesaw
Tennisball launcher
Ballista
Drone Jousting
Regular Jousting
Industrial grade laser
Giant Tesla coil
Giant magnet
>>
>>28647988
This is the recovered footage from the drone - you make your own judgement as to whether or not he was spying on people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEG1hl6soAs
>>
File: nice.webm (603 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nice.webm
603 KB, 640x480
>>28652783
>>28652828
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.