[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
California setting up to ban all semi autos with "bullet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 24
File: 1d.jpg (75 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
1d.jpg
75 KB, 600x404
http://www.guns.com/2016/01/15/california-moves-to-ban-bullet-buttons-on-semi-auto-rifles/
>>
We know. And as always, they will get their way. And as always, it is about power and control and using any pretext to persecute your political enemies.

Source: FBI.gov
Expanded Homicide Data Table 11
Murder Circumstances by Weapon, 2011

Total: 12,664
Total firearms: 8583
Handguns: 6220
Rifles: 323
Shotguns: 356
Knives or cutting instruments: 1694
Personal weapons (hands/feet): 726
>>
What the fuck is a bullet button?
>>
>>28612516
Oh, and lest you labor under the delusion that our blue-state overlords aren't coordinating with each other, take a look at this:

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/maybe-the-most-dangerous-bill-ever

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/mental-health-bill.pdf
>>
File: 1453254446145.jpg (20 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
1453254446145.jpg
20 KB, 400x268
>>28612434
>The framers of the proposals claim that magazines that are non-detachable prevent the rapid reloading that can increase death tolls in mass shootings. The AR-15 style rifles used by terrorists in the San Bernardino shooting last December had their bullet buttons removed after they were illegally acquired through an alleged straw purchase.

>Levine’s measure, AB 1664, taken with a companion bill, AB 1663, would classify a semi-automatic centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept no more than 10 rounds as an assault weapon under state law and define a “detachable magazine” to mean an ammunition feeding device that can be removed from the firearm without disassembly of the action, including one that can be removed with the use of a tool.

>Those with a bullet button would have until 2018 to register their gun and those found after that date with such a device installed on an unregistered rifle would be liable to a felony charge and up to a year in prison.

>Gun control groups to include the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Campaign are supporting the bullet button ban, arguing the devices, only used in California, were a way for gun makers to circumvent state law.

Why don't they just ban terrorism instead and save some time?
>>
>>28612530

its a mag release covered by an extremely long housing that requires a small tool like a screwdriver to press to release the magazine, until now this is how we in California have gone around the "assault weapon" ban, but they are not even content enough with that, they want to make the AR15 as functional as a mosin
>>
>>28612530
it's like those amazon re-order buttons. you press it and someone delivers more bulets.
>>
Do you think california will get better when the withered cunts in charge finally keel over from their last drop of ancient blood crumbling into dust?

I kind of feel like they'll enact legislation where you have to donate 1/4 of your newborns blood to them every month before that happens.
>>
>>28612655
One day they will actually get what they want, banning of guns, but that still won't stop criminals, because they are criminals obviously. So, the politicians will eventually start banning other things in absurd ways to appeal to their voter base.
>>
>>28612655
No. It will destroy itself in slow motion like a North American version of Zimbabwe or Venezuala, and the agony will take all the longer because of Federal bailouts.
>>
>>28612710
ok but seriously, is there a younger generation of non-idiotic california politicians? I live in CA and I can't name a single local, county, city, or state politician under 45.
>>
>>28612744

national polling shows the most pro-gun demographic are the youngest people, and speaking from personal experience being in a California university the students are far more pro-gun than you've been led to believe
>>
>>28612744

also, the good news here is that Jerry Brown veto'd the same bill 3 years ago, so this is unlikely to go anywhere
>>
>>28612744
>is there a younger generation of non-idiotic california politicians
LOLnope. They are almost all products of the San Fran machine. Not even the heavies from Sac or LA can successfully tangle with them.

>>28612831
Governor Newsom will sign it with relish. That plus retroactive mandatory registration of everything. And the suburbanites will nod and think it's reasonable and anyone who protests is a dangerous yahoo. After all, we already have registration of all guns sold now. What about all those OTHER guns? That's DANGEROUS...!
>>
File: 0 (2).png (685 KB, 542x800) Image search: [Google]
0 (2).png
685 KB, 542x800
>>28612862

>Governor Newsom
>>
File: 1421093762743.gif (31 KB, 411x480) Image search: [Google]
1421093762743.gif
31 KB, 411x480
>>28612434
>Assemblymember Marc Levine
>>
>>28612655
They are some of the most sheltered coke fiends that have ever existed.
>>
>>28612531
WA has an AWB going into the state legislature. Already emailed my local reps, senator at least said that there's almost no chance of it passing the house or senate
>>
>>28612892
Kamala Harris is going to the Senate and Villaraigosa isn't an anointed child of the Bay Area elite, no matter how many Hispanic votes he says he can muster. Jesus Freak In Favor Of Queer Marriage And NYC-Tier Gun Control Who Fucked His Campaign Manager's Wife *is* going to be our next governor, and he *is* going to eviscerate the 2nd Amendment in this state, and that *will* be used as a template for elsewhere in the nation -- Oregon and Washington first. Get that through your head and lay your plans accordingly.
>>
>this bullet button will stop murders!
>this bullet button didnt work!
>lets ban ban the bullet button!

Fucking now what? are they going to just make AR-15's fixed mags now? and the only way to reload them is through the ejection port?
>>
>>28613034
The bullet button was a workaround, not what was intended
>>
>>28612530
its a magic button that costs 20 dollars its power allows you to own an assault rifle in california and not go to jail
>>
Hey...

What if gun owners wrote anti gun politicians and told them to just ban murder! That way, they could skip banning guns and get to the real issue!
>>
time to load up. this country is fucked. it kinda makes me feel bad; it's basically the rich preparing for the economic collapse.

this place used to be great until the rich totally took it over.

no alternative for a populist; they make it so all the 'populists' are anti gun
>>
>>28612434
Didn't read the link but the way it sounds is they are banning bullet buttons themselves. Oh how great would it be if they fuck it up and ban their own abomination.
>>
The intent originally was to limit owners to fixed mags, and the bullet button was a workaround. Because you needed a tool to switch mags, thus it's fixed. Even if that tool is a bullet, or a screwdriver or a stick
>>
>>28613111
>Banning murder
But then they would be out of a job.
>>
>>28613146
if they ban the bullet buttons that basically bans the gun
>>
>>28613169
>Letting them ban guns in California would literally destroy their careers because they have nothing else to run on.

Might be worth it to be honest.
>>
>>28613146

they want to ban bullet buttons and make the magazine permanently fixed
>>
>>28612892
Ya know, she may be anti gun, but... I'd tap that
>>
>>28613397

If a magazine is indeterminately fixed...is it a magazine?
>>
>>28612434
>>>/pol/
>>
>>28613605
Yes.
>>
>>28613647

I prefer the term, "BULLET WELL".
>>
>>28613295
Guns are tertiary to most American liberal agendas.
>>
>>28612625
I need this in my life.
>>
File: explain.png (23 KB, 656x949) Image search: [Google]
explain.png
23 KB, 656x949
I thought bullet buttons were required by law there because something something muh chilldrens?
>>
>>28613710

Yes.

And now they are to be banned beec- FUUUUCK!

Sorry slipped down that slope... it's fuckin' slippery.
>>
>>28613726
Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if I was misunderstanding something or if California really was that stupid.
>>
>>28613759

>if California really was that stupid.

Well it is the state that can't manage water.

Because they don't realize it's a fucking desert in the south.
>>
>>28613792
If we went by what would be sensible in terms of water resources, half of Arizona wouldn't exist.
>>
>>28613792
Is there anything they actually are good at besides whining and passing dumb laws?
>>
>>28613816

>Is there anything they actually are good at besides whining and passing dumb laws?

Yes.

Fucking shit up at home then spreading their shitty idea to other places because, "it doesn't feel like home" since it's not broken.

They fuckin' excel at that. It's almost impressive.
>>
>>28613792
You know nothing of California politics. The water is being managed exactly as planned. Hold the south hostage by being dependent on the norths water while draining the north of its water thereby controlling everything from agriculture to development. They play one against the other perfectly and the only ones getting screwed are The People.
>>
>>28613710
bullet buttons were never required by law
its a workaround for shittily written laws to make things legal
>>
>>28613847
Sounds like another group I know.
>>
>>28613850

Goddamn Chinatown...
>>
File: 1447552800179.jpg (21 KB, 353x251) Image search: [Google]
1447552800179.jpg
21 KB, 353x251
>>28613850
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>28613880
>well, my rifle is not NOT compliant

Also is it time to start panic buying yet?
>>
>>28612975
Are there enough Californians interested in stopping this bullshit? Battle of Athens 2 when?
>>
>>28614015
The NRA might actually darken the doorstep of the Capitol this time. Usually they have been a "silent partner" to in state organizations but as goes California...
>>
>>28612531
Don't forget WA 2354. We're just marching right along to the tune. Interesting how they propose this shortly after 594 went into effect. It's almost like they're trying to track everything before the big squeeze.....

I594 basically make sure uncle Sam gets his cut of the panic buying/selling when they decide they want to enact 2354. They sure don't waste time.
>>
File: oc at washington capitol.jpg (96 KB, 1061x564) Image search: [Google]
oc at washington capitol.jpg
96 KB, 1061x564
>>28614057
At least in your state and Oregon there are large angry crowds of people willing to openly defy it and tell the blue-state metrosexual fascisti to fuck off -- usually accompanied by local law enforcement.

Here? Nothing. We got boiled to death over a twenty-year period. Now nobody wants to risk making a fuss... though that'll prolly change in a hurry if people start getting raided north of Sacramento. Mountain people are kind of prickly. But they're also not into demonstrating. It's a little tough to explain.
>>
File: 1444024607873.png (618 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1444024607873.png
618 KB, 1000x1000
>>28614150
I expect they would go full "the grinch in a ski mask holding a gun".
>>
>>28613850
And everyone laughed at the 6 state plan.
>>
>>28614193
because it was a joke. Also splitting/adding another state to the union is as likely as an amendment being added.
>>
File: tumblr_mmwgae0CD41sqa1tso1_500.jpg (114 KB, 450x638) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmwgae0CD41sqa1tso1_500.jpg
114 KB, 450x638
>>28613707
>house fort under siege
>a bastardized black lives matter group are clawing at the boards placed in the windows
>only 2 mags left
>luckily you have your Bulletbutton™
>a calm washes over you as you press it, the button showing a green-lined circle to notify you it has successfully ordered your new rounds
>you're brought back to your adrenaline state as your front door smashes open
>Excuse me Sir! Sir! Hand over your weapon and once! We are arresting you civilianly!
>"It's citizen's arrest ass-douche" you mutter as you pop a round into his guilt-ridden white face
>screams and panicking ensure, but this only fuels the crowd in their mad frenzy
>they want blood now, they've secretly wanted it ever since you openly disagreed with something Bernie Sanders stated weeks ago
>you finish your mag and are almost through with the next, backing into your study room
>you barricade the door, but it'll only hold for a few minutes
>you ponder an America without guns, an America with another Democrat in charge as they tear your house around you
>"give me strength Lord", you whisper as you pull up your rifle one last time
>but wait! A faint whirring sound, a shadow passes - you look up, out the sunroof
>It's an BulletButton™ Delivery Drone!
>"Thank you for your purchases Mr. Anon; we thought you might need a little extra - enjoy your day" as it flies off again
>a neatly wrapped parcel with a parachute lands flawlessly by your feet
>inside, a thousand rounds of ammo glistens in the light

Yes, you do.
>>
>>28614206
Amazon drones don't drop via parachute, they land, drop the cargo, and zoom away
>>
>>28614256
You're part of the problem, Jeff. You're too rich to be shit-posting on a Tongan chickpea roasting forum.
>>
>>28612530
a loophole that got invented to allow ar15s in california. it basically replaces the standard button mag release on AR15 with one that has a tiny deep hole, that you cant push with a finger. but you can push it with the tip of a bullet from a spare cartridge. this with 10 round mags makes an ar15 legal in faggotry kalifornia
>>
>>28613034
You will load them by removing the rear takedown pin and topping off with stripper clips or single rounds.
>>
>>28612434
>>28612434
>>28612434
dont worry you faggots it will never pass. its just a feel good law for the fucker in state assembly to tout as an achievement in battling "violence".

if it passes, thousands and thousands of previously fucked up neutered ar15s in california get registered, and instantly become normal ar15s without all this stupid bulletbutton bullshit and sharkfin grips. thats the last thing in the world the faggot antigunners want
>>
>>28613034
it was created by entrepreneurial gun enthusiasts as a loophole to the california faggot assault weapon ban you idiot. it wasnt implemented by law
>>
>>28613710
no it was a loophole smart progun people figured out in the law. the original intent of the california AW ban was to ban completely all ar15s and ak47 type rifles among other assaulty looking guns
>>
To ALL Californians in this thread, the bullet button ban was stopped twice before, with Jerry Brown actually vetoing the shit out of it last year.

Send letters to the Governor asking him to stop this clearly unconstitutional move once again. He will be in Sacramento until 2018.
>>
>>28614442
>>28614420

It wasn't a loophole. It was a compromise made by gun groups with California legislators so that people can have their rifles, while at the same time, reload times would be completely hampered, especially during times of stress.
>>
>>28613816
Cattle and oranges.
>>
>>28615128
No, it really was a loop hole that some guys came up with after reading the proposed text of the law. The actual wording is the way it is because there were some types of SKS's that they didn't want to ban.
>>
>>28615003
And after that it's Newsome, and you're just buying time and you know it.

Go to town hall meetings and get to know your local sheriff. And stockpile.
>>
>>28615194
It doesn't matter. The only thing we can do about it is non compliance.
>>
>>28615205
I'd prefer the Million Rifle March at the state capitol, but OK.
>>
File: 1401907982769.jpg (398 KB, 1972x892) Image search: [Google]
1401907982769.jpg
398 KB, 1972x892
>>28612434
I cannot for the life of me understand why someone who loves guns lives in fucking california to begin with.
>i-its not that bad you guys!
Seems like you want to play /k/ommando but you can't live without having LA an hour away. Califags want to live that beach life and city life but want to be weekend warriors too.

You live in one of the most liberal fucking states in the union I don't know how you can even stand being around all the cholos and fags.
Seriously just move.
>>
>>28615239
There is no point. Black Panthers being armed at the state capitol is what got the whole thing rolling in the first place. The only way it will work is if we start shooting when they start go door to door to take the guns by force.
>>
>>28615128
you moron. it was a loophole. gun people figured out that the wording of the ban said rifles couldnt have a "detachable magazine" and the definition of detachable meant removable without the use of a tool.
the bullet button meant magazines were only attachable, since once fixed to the rifle, they required a tool to remove. you fucking idiot, the legislators made the ban back in 2000. a few years later people figured out how to fix magazines in ARs by screwing/riveting a magazine in place, making the only way to load the rifle by pulling out action pin and top breaking it. in 2007 some people from the calguns forums community including lawyers drew up plans for a device to circumvent the law. not long after some guys made a prototype bullet button which allowed a bullet or small diameter poking implement but not a finger to release a magazine.
>>
>>28615003
i WANT the bullet button ban. why dont you? it would instantly allow for new registered assault weapons, drop free magazines and all banned features.
>>
>>28615281
didnt they try doing a registration for the ban on ar15/ak47s in connecticut after the sandy hook shooting, and no one registered?
>>
>>28612434
Expat here, when you cowards are ready to get off your fat asses and open carry march on the capitol I'll make a road trip over.
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 388x379) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 388x379
>>28612533
Radium style mags when? If youre anyway capped at 10 single stack is fine, and the design in pic related works fine for that. Now we just need some kind of speedloader to make this work
>>
>>28615371
Because I don't want to register my shit? Because after they know where they are they're going to send the goon squads in for confiscations. And before you say "noooo way anon that would never happen!" They've fucking did it before with sks's.
>>
>>28612530
Bait.
>>
>>28615194
>Newsom
>2018
There's a LOT of time for shit scandals to come up that fucks Newsom up and even fuck the Democrat supermajority in the Legislature.

This is why people should talk to their Assemblymembers and Senators, then politely let them know why this shit is a bad idea.
>>
>>28612530
California law stipulates that for a gun to be an "assault weapon," it has to have evil features and have a magazine that's easily detachable. A non-detachable magazine is defined as any magazine which can be removed without the use of a tool.

By putting the magazine release under a casing that requires a person to poke it with something other than their fingers - such as a narrow bullet or a screwdriver - it technically fits the definition of a gun with a fixed magazine, thus letting it have banned features.

California is now closing this "loophole."
>>
This bill doesn't just ban the bullet buttons. It goes straight up full retard and bans all rifles with detachable mags. I have a hard time understanding how this could possibly pass, but... fucking california... so who knows.
>>
>>28615371

It'll be fun for a year or two before the new dem governor bans shooting of RAWs entirely.
>>
>>28613605

welcome to California
>>
>>28616103
Oh and don't forget the mandated confiscations!
>>
File: 1449070735529.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449070735529.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>tfw stuck in Cali until I get my degree
>tfw even then I might still want to do my masters here
Goddammit California why must you have good universities
Goddammit other states why must your out of state tuition be so high
Goddammit California why must you have such shitty fun laws
>>
>>28616103
>It goes straight up full retard and bans all rifles with detachable mags.

There is no way that would pass the higher counts for being constitutional. Rifles, pistols, and shotguns with magazines are all common use across the country and the world. it is sad when Canada has better gun laws than a U.S state although I live in WV were they are passing a law letting people 18 years old get CCWs and once you reach 21 you don't need a license to carry.
>>
>>28614420
>>28613078

Might want to read the law...

Title 11, Division 5, Chapter 39, Department of Justice Regulations for Assault Weapons and Large Capacity Magazines.

5469. Definitions: (a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool.
>>
Is it time to panic and buy a Mini 14 for 900?
>>
>>28614404

It also makes them non-transferable. When you die it's either sold out of state or turned in to the government for destruction. In one generation they will have wiped out legal black rifles in the state.
>>
>AR lower with permanent magazine
>charger clips in the bottom of the magazine
Why has nobody figured this out yet?
>>
>>28615921
>There's a LOT of time for shit scandals to come up that fucks Newsom up and even fuck the Democrat supermajority in the Legislature.

Nope. These dumb fucks will pull the "D" lever regardless.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-rall-leland-yee-election-20140611-story.html
>>
>>28618620

Under the proposed law there is no more "featureless" rifles. Mini-14's, M1A's, M-1 carbines, and the like will all be banned.

>This bill would, instead, classify a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept no more than 10 rounds as an assault weapon.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1663
>>
>>28619137

I really don't see how this legislation can make it through the Supreme Court, they already said in the Heller decision that common guns with common features can't be banned
>>
>>28612434
They're replaying Leland Yee's greatest hits. We could start hammering them on the Yee connection.
>>
>>28615244
Not OP but I was born in North county san diego. For me it's more or less because it's all iv ever known. Most of my family is here and the other few live in England so that's even worse. I hate using the excuse "it's not that bad" because some times it really sucks its true. But I guess I can't justify (to myself) leaving my family friends and life long home for better gun rights.
>>
>>28615244
Californians are super attached to their popular lifestyle. Just how they are.
They'll always counter with 'at least we're not flyover' 'muh parties' 'muh social equality' 'muh not redkneck' 'it's not a big deal' 'I'm not a single issue voter' etc.
It's the same as /o/ Californians really. The state hates you but you care more about other crap.
>>
>>28615921
Hey, remember that one CA senator that was antigun as fuck, he got mixed up in an FBI sting where he agreed to gun run for terrorists in exchange for cash?

What's that? Barely any national or even local coverage?
>>
>>28619544

Are you talking about the same Supreme Court that keeps passing on 2A cases?
>>
Two more bills were just introduced today:

>Assembly Bill 1673, authored by Assemblyman Mike Gipson (D – Carson), would expand the definition of “firearm” to include “an unfinished frame or receiver of a weapon.”

> Assembly Bill 1674 authored by Assemblyman Miguel Santiago (D – Los Angeles), would make all firearms subject to an existing criminal law that limits the ability of law-abiding Californians to purchase more than one handgun at a time.
>>
File: 0_1024x1024.jpg (72 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
0_1024x1024.jpg
72 KB, 1024x768
>>28620670
So... pic related would be a firearm in the DPR of Kommifornia... what a bunch of retarded politicians. SF and LA should be their own states, for the good of the rest of the people.
>>
>>28620761
AB 1673 adds this clause to the definition of "firearm":
>"or the unfinished frame or receiver of a weapon that can be readily converted to the functional condition of a finished frame or receiver:"

So nicely vague as per usual with our crap legislators.
>>
File: Kikongo in my base.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kikongo in my base.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1080
>>28620670
>Assembly Bill 1673, authored by Assemblyman Mike Gipson (D – Carson), would expand the definition of “firearm” to include “an unfinished frame or receiver of a weapon.”

Oh my fucking god, this is the fucking tipping point where any god damn tool that could remotely be used to create a firearm is going to be regulated sooner or later.

Just start the nuclear fucking cleansing. I don't even fucking care if I'm in the middle of it with my family.

Yes, I'm fucking mad.
>>
>>28614404
What if they make a category of "assault rifles" that are pre-2016 but post 2005 so they are the shittiest limbo ever?
>>
>>28618015
>Commiefornia
>good universities
Where the fuck you at boy?
>>
>>28620670
Would this apply to just California or the entire US?
>>
File: 1438558890232.png (45 KB, 450x367) Image search: [Google]
1438558890232.png
45 KB, 450x367
>>28619544
California doesn't care about Heller, and SCOTUS won't take up any more 2A cases. Most recently they passed on an AWB circuit case where the lower court said the ban didn't violate 2A or something because it could make some people "feel safer". It's literally feels before facts, and the Supreme Court refused to take the case. As far as I am concerned Heller doesn't exist.

>>28621173
They are California bills, so they only affect California.
>>
File: Scared Spider.png (1 MB, 1019x881) Image search: [Google]
Scared Spider.png
1 MB, 1019x881
Further reading on Newsome's bullshit, the one they have people out in front of my local Walmart getting signatures for from idiots.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=b808a0ff-0bf3-4821-9f5c-eb294f25bfbf&c=657054f0-234e-11e5-9e7e-d4ae529a824a&ch=657de980-234e-11e5-9e7f-d4ae529a824a

It's a statement from Michele Hanisee, Vice President of the Association of Los Angeles Deputy District Attorneys.

>Confiscatory ban on mags over 10rds
>Redefines ammo, now includes magazines, clips, speed loaders, etc.
>$50 permit to purchase ammo, renewed every 2 years, takes a month to obtain
>Creates a registry of ammunition purchasers
>Must process and register through DROS every single ammo purchase
>Private ammo sales, importation from out of state banned
>All ammo dealers now need a CADOJ issued licence to sell ammo
>Ammo bought at a range can't be removed from the range

Hold me /k/, I'm going to have a fucking stroke.
>>
>>28612434
I hold no real belief in a higher being but I must profess to praying to one for this stuff to go away or to at least not impact States I love.
>>
>>28620670
Weren't you already limited to one handgun every 3 months?
>>
>>28621627
I think it's every month, but now they are trying to apply that to long guns as well.
>>
>>28612434
It's California. I really don't care. I know how that sounds but to me, pro-gun Californians are like battered housewives that refuse to leave their abusive husbands. My sympathy only goes so far.
>>
>>28621537
Stay strong, inform friends and family. Attend any local political events where you can bring this up. Don't get angry, just stay calm an rational in the face of this madness. Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>28621537
Yeah this shit is so getting shot down in federal appealate court.

California is about to go too far and fuck themselves in the ass with even more lost lawsuits (which they'd probably enjoy).

And lord help em if the Republicans win and the progun californians go crying to progun Congress to pass gun right laws that enforce the 2nd amendment with federal LEOs and whatnot.

I don't think Newson's proposals will get too much mileage before reality comes in.
>>
>>28621537
Ha fuckers didn't include me hand loading
>>
>>28621745
They need 300,000 signatures to get their bullshit on the ballot, if it gets to a vote I think we are screwed judging by how many people in this state actually bother to vote. Problem with the big lawsuits is they take years if not decades to make any traction, and by that time the damage is already done.

The assembly and house bills that effectively ban almost all semi-autos with removable mags is what scares me, from M1 Garands to Mini-14s. Gov Brown will probably veto them but he's term locked in 2018.

>>28621756
Eventually they will, but for the time being I'm considering getting into reloading if I can afford it.
>>
>>28612767
The problem demographic hasn't changed, fucking Baby Boomers ruin everything
>>
File: 1453265256657.jpg (28 KB, 213x217) Image search: [Google]
1453265256657.jpg
28 KB, 213x217
>>28621537
Jesus fucking christ...
>>
>>28621745
>Yeah this shit is so getting shot down in federal appealate court.
Possibly. But they will continue to pass more onerous laws faster than they can be shot down. Our 10-day wait period was shot down months ago... and yet mysteriously remains in effect. This is how they operate. They literally shovel shit faster than you can clean yourself off.

>>28621788
The Boomers are half-dead already. I'm afraid the onus is on us, sport.
>>
>>28622627
>half-dead
Fucking great vampire/zombie boomers.
>>
>>28622627
>be last year
>think i can cash n carry now
>nope, the state appealed
>year later
>still waiting
>>
>>28622627
>Possibly. But they will continue to pass more onerous laws faster than they can be shot down. Our 10-day wait period was shot down months ago... and yet mysteriously remains in effect. This is how they operate. They literally shovel shit faster than you can clean yourself off.

This is why we need a federal gun rights law that makes it illegal for state or local officials to pass gun bans of all sorts. Because I want to cum buckets when they drag Kevin Leon to buttrape jail like his grabber buddy Yee.
>>
File: liberal fascism rolling stone.png (190 KB, 698x863) Image search: [Google]
liberal fascism rolling stone.png
190 KB, 698x863
>>28623021
Not gonna happen. Pic related. We held them off at the Federal level, so they're going after restrictions at the granular level. They never sleep.
>>
>>28612531
Oregon gun owners need to show up for PROTESTS, not rallies, PROTESTS. Protest outside the legislator's homes if we have to, show up to the capitol OCing. Do whatever, we need to get this shit to STOP before it's too late.
>>
>>28623063

In short, the circuit court ruled that the individual right to bear arms --- discovered by the Supreme Court in its 2008 Heller decision --- is not nearly as absolute as the NRA would have America believe.

It's as absolute as freedom of speech. The court has changed since it's insurrection. It's more closely related to what the people who made it were fighting against at this point. These people are lampreys, I hope they live see what happens when they beach the whale.
>>
>>28623252

meant to greentext that first sentence
>>
They were taking signatures outside of Trader Joe's for banning out of state ammo purchases and requiring a DROS check for all purchases.
Just happened 20 minutes ago.
>>
>>28613078
I have an idea for a mag that would be legal under this new law. It has basically feed lips on the bottom so it can be filled from a clip and then a strong can be clipped on. If this passes the work around is already done.
>>
>>28623452
So an enbloc clip.
>>
>>28623368
Be interesting if somebody were to ask what organization 'they' represent, and then start digging for the money trail...
>>
>>28612744
?
The place is majority spic
Theres no younger cali generation of anything but beaners & hippies.
>>
>>28623515
basically but for the ar-15.
I also have another idea that is even easier that I am going to try and model.
>>
>>28623841
Alright so I have an idea for a mag that is actually even easier than a bullet button but is completely non removable from the gun. the basic ide is you have 2 separate 10 rounders modified to be tilted away from each other at ~20 degree angle that both use the same spring so that both sides can not be used at the same time. the mag well is then modified and this mag dropped in so that it can only be removed by disassembly. So now it has one portion of a mag that can be loaded from clips and one that is feeding. It is built so that loading one mag pushes down both springs just as when the mag is fully empty it can not be tilted.
>>
>>28614404
Can you further explain? If they make bullet buttons illegal and detachable mags illegal how will registered AR15s be legit and normal
>>
File: 1432074139557.jpg (16 KB, 251x213) Image search: [Google]
1432074139557.jpg
16 KB, 251x213
>>28623841
food for thought
>>
>>28623063
That's a lawsuit.

I'm talking about a federal LAW passed by NRA + friends to make california's gun control go away. Similar to how civil rights legislation applied in the 60s to the states.

Hell they already have progun laws in the pipeline like the deregulation of suppressors, national carry reciprocity etc. Only problem of course is the veto but who knows how much longer that'll last.
>>
ohh my. she is attractive.
>>
>>28624320
You're an optimist. I live in Califailia and I've seen the culture wars up close. In the late 90's I bought a .22 gallery gun at an antique show in Sunnyvale and walked home to my apartment with it and zero fucks were given. Open carry was the law and everybody knew it. Now? I'd have to go through an FFL, wait ten days, register it with the Cali DOJ, and if I walked on the sidewalk with it I'd get shot down with a MP-5, because that's what the Sunnyvale PD are packing these days.

And they *would* shoot me, these days. They murdered Andy Lopez in broad daylight for going over to his friends house with an Airsoft gun to play Army Man and got away with it.

As California goes, so goes the nation. We've always been a belwether state.
>>
>>28612655
A lot of the anti-gun sentiments are from young people. In fact, you have a 50/50 chance of running into someone who is vocally anti-gun, at least in so-cal where im at right now.

Also, CA has positive GDP? Could you elaborate about the govt subsidy thing?
>>
>>28624400
Well I am, but that's where I differ from you.

Don't forget that open carry, AWBs, and stand your ground laws were far more restrictive nationwide during the 80s and 90s during the height of gun grabbing bullshit.

And now that the bulk of the country is now shifting progun, and definately unfucking themselves, its the ones in the swing states and liberal pockets who still have to deal with the remnant of gun control and worse.

But once the population as a whole continues to go more progun (especially since we already have a majority in polls for the first time ever), these enclaves will continue to weaken from repeated lawsuits and eventually federal action like we've seen in DC and the Territories going from some of the worst gun control to having all their laws wiped out.

We WILL win, but we will have to keep fighting against the left's last breath before we can deliver the critical kinds of strikes that cripple any efforts at any future gun control for decades.
>>
>>28624279
oh hey my idea already basically exists. >>28623974
although it would be an improvement with a way smaller footprint and the ability to reload a bit quicker since you dont need to pull the old one out. just clip and give ti a slap.
>>
Let's convince the liberals to vote on a bill that states cops are too dangerous to handle guns.
>>
>>28612533
>state law mandates the use of the bullet button
>the bullet button circumvents state law
I wish I could cognitive dissonance half as good as them
>>
they should ban mass shootings i think
>>
>>28624628
In their world anything not explicitly allowed by the all-mighty state is a "loophole". Basically they used the current law to try and ban AR-15s and other modern sporting rifles.

Prior to the bullet button people were top loading AR, it was unappealing and a giant pain in the ass. Right now they aren't just pushing to ban bullet buttons, they are trying to push a ban on semi-autos with removable mags period.

They will keep trying to regulate semi-autos out of legal existence in California. Right now that means any and all "featureless" rifles and anything with a prince 50 or Bullet Button.

https://www.armaglock.com/
This will become popular, along with other means of legal compliance until the same people come back around next session and claim OEMs are exploiting another "loophole".

It's like in CT when Stag started shipping 22LR AR-15s and the gov immediately tried to stop them from selling it on the basis that it "looks scary and violates the spirit of the law".

These people will never stop, their ultimate goal is civilian disarmament.
>>
>>28624778

Yea, ban murdering too.

That'll make criminals think twice.
>>
File: judgedredd.gif (969 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
judgedredd.gif
969 KB, 500x209
>>28613815
arizona actually has some of the best water management in the world.

>because its a fucking desert
>>
>>28612975
The problem the Dems have is that they've assigned prizes to everybody, only they don't have the prizes in hand, yet. Newsome gets governor as a consolation prize for standing aside so Harris gets a clear shot at Boxer's seat. Problem is, he might not win the election. If that happens, him and Harris duke it out for the Senate seat. They both want the White House, they're being groomed for sequential shots at it. All it takes is one little glitch in the program and they'll turn on each other like rabid badgers.
>>
Elect Democrats, get authoritarians.
If they regulated ghettos as strongly as they regulate guns, there might not be any crime in this goddamn country.
>>
>>28613598
That's not Newsom. Newsom is a man.
>>
>>28620761
Then they'd have to have senators, anon
>>
>>28623974
But could you just load one side to 20 and leave the other empty
>>
>>28625729
nope, not how it would be designed 10 round limit because lol failifornia, If it holds more then 10 it is illegal, so each side can hold 10 but only one can be loaded at a time.
>>
>>28625353

einhorn is finkle.
>>
>>28625913
FINKLE IS EINHORN!
>>
>>28625941
EINHORN IS A MAN!
>>
>>28612530
It's a cuck think you wouldn't understant.
>>
File: ace-ventura-plunger-o[1].gif (1019 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ace-ventura-plunger-o[1].gif
1019 KB, 320x240
>>28627010
>>
>>28612434
Okay so we can 10 round mag dump without a tool for BB?
>>
>>28625729
How about mag that ejects down a rail but doesn't completely slide off?
>>
>>28612531

Oregonian here, thanks for posting this anon. I appreciate it.
>>
>>28615244
I live on the north coast in the redwoods and it's fuckin awesome here. The problem is the people down south are scared of all the niggers and they have the majority, which means we get fucked whenever they start "fearing for the children." The also take all our water for their lawns because someone thought it was a good idea to put a god damn metropolis in a desert.
>>
>>28624509
In the north we still have a fair share of proguns, mostly fudds and hill people but damn well good enough for me. A majority of the guys in my highschool would call themselves hunters at least, idk if they've kept the sentiment after moving away from their fudd parents but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>28627531
You're welcome.

Fight NOW, goddamit. I'm going to be buying some property up near Klamath Falls in the coming year, and I don't want to trade one regulatory mafiosi for another.
>>
All these years of laughing at Jew York and California and not doing anything to stop them is finally being taken to it's logical conclusion.
Most of /k/ probably lives in blue states because most Americans live in blue states. They will come for you, state by state, legislature by legislature, because you viewed California and New York as idiot quarantines instead of what they truly are: beachheads.
>>
>>28624279
That actually looks pretty cool
>>
What's the point of trying to fight it? They just get what they want anyway.
>>
>>28624279
What is this called
>>
>>28612892
Who's this qt?
>>
>>28628051
"SanFransiscan Senator Stumper Swivel."
>>
>>28628113
For real thou
>>
>>28628137
Reverse image search and google translated Chinese says the weapon is an XM231S. No idea what the thing;s name is.
>>
>>28620988
Is this bait or do you genuinely think that UC's are not top tier as fuck?
>>
>>28623368
>Trader Joe's

It's always a Trader Joe's. Are those stores like, the warning sign? Because ity seems like if there's one near you, or one is getting built near you, you're fucked. Also, Sanfran, L.A., and Sac need to be turned into special economic zones, let them have their own retarded bullshit without it affecting the red counties.
>>
>>28615244
Not enough money to move, don't know where I'd go if I did
Besides, not all parts of it are bad
I live in a red necky part of it, everyone hates this shit where I'm from, as well as everyone who supports it.

But yeah, most of this state is a bunch of shit bags, not that I go shooting much, I've been trying to get into it, but there's no shooting range that I know of besides bottles and plant pots I set up in the woods
>>
>>28622627
too bad there isn't any sort of law that punishes politicians who push laws that are ultimately proven unconstitutional.
>>
>>28623249
what are you going to do? They're just going to surround themselves with armed security. If you even talk about going physical, they'll blow that incident up 100x in the media and scare everyone ones about the home-grown terrorists with guns.
You need to get the majority of people on your side and put a negative picture on the politicians. Then whatever you do, majority will give you benefit of the doubt. Whatever they do, the majority will be suspicious.
>>
File: Unstumpable.jpg (16 KB, 176x287) Image search: [Google]
Unstumpable.jpg
16 KB, 176x287
>>28612699
such is life in commie-fornia
>>
>>28612699
The politicians will continue to have the means to live away or in safety from the bad things they create and the voter base will continue to be mislead by those politican's misguided and misinformed views of society.

It's a horrible circle.
>>
>>28615855
There was this one ar mag my dad bought that the front slides down, pulling down the follower and locking it in place.Then you just drop in the 30 rounds, and slide the part back, unlocking the follower and good to go. perhaps a modified version of this?
>>
File: 1408405103735.jpg (59 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1408405103735.jpg
59 KB, 480x320
I have my way of living in CA even with all the gun control laws in place. I choose to ignore them. I choose that I won't comply. This is a sentiment shared by many other fellow gun owners in my area. Even my sheriff wrote a "get fucked" letter to Feinstein when she tried to push another assault weapons ban after Sandyhook.

If such a ban were to pass, I highly doubt any region outside of San Fran and Los Angeles would obey and enforce them.

So if those motherfuckers in SF and LA insist on treating us gun owners like second class citizens, it's about time we do as the people in the Civil Rights movement did, and refuse to comply. We should be pulling shit like sitting in the front of the bus.
>>
>>28629818
>I highly doubt
Never underestimate the power of "revenue recovery". If there is a way for government to extract more wealth from The People they will do it.
>>
>>28627137 the issue is that the rails would add height to the gun, look at >>28624279 for an example of a similar idea to yours and see how bulky it is. My design, while requiring modifications to the mag well would be sleeker and look OK as well. I am actually having my draftsman do a model of my idea now.
>>
>>28629818
God bless dude.
>>
>>28615244
>why do gun owners live in CA!
>DAMN CA FAGS MOVING TO MY STATE REEEEEEEEEE

Flawless
>>
http://recallnewsom.org/
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.